Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172121 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #870 on: February 01, 2012, 06:37:59 AM »
>Shiki: "If you truly intend to cease such activities, then I suppose it doesn't matter what we call it. Please confirm, then, that you will make no further attempt to influence my decisions, and that you will not interfere with my powers. Or break my items, once I have them again."
>Reimu: "Weren't you messing with Yukari's power, too? Stop that, too."
>"Fine, fine."
>You hear a crack.
>"There, Yukari's powers are restored to full." "Not that it'll matter, this quest is almost over anyways."

>"And then tell us about the overlay. You're the one who told Shiki that you didn't think we could stop it, right? You clearly know something."
>Shiki: "It did say that the information came from other sources."
>Reimu: "Then get us in touch with those other sources."
>"All you'll get is an '...Oh my god.' when I tell them why I've contacted him now, a simple 'No, I'm not going to talk to you', and maybe a small lightning bolt for being stupid enough to attempt to do so regardless of your actual intelligence."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #871 on: February 01, 2012, 06:49:08 AM »
>Reimu: "You're just deliberately being buttheaded, aren't you?"
>Shiki: "At the very least, you can tell us what your sources told you, can you not?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #872 on: February 01, 2012, 03:42:51 PM »
>Reimu: "You're just deliberately being buttheaded, aren't you?"
>"And what the heck is that supposed to mean?"

>Shiki: "At the very least, you can tell us what your sources told you, can you not?"
>"I can barely understand it myself. Lots of technomagibabble. I can tell you what I understand, though."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #873 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
>Shiki: "Please do."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #874 on: February 12, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »
>After 11 ridiculous and unfunny days, I finally come up with a satisfactory response.

>Shiki: "Please do."
>"First thing to explain...do you know of the existence of several other Gensokyos?"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:40:29 PM by Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #875 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »
>Shiki: "Yes. YOu should be aware of this, given that we recently witnessed an overlay involving one."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #876 on: February 12, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
>Shiki: "Yes. You should be aware of this, given that we recently witnessed an overlay involving one."
>"Anyways, there are many, many alternate Gensokyos. Every time an inhabitant of that world you saw through the overlays creates a work of fiction involving Gensokyo, another alternate Gensokyo is created. Your Gensokyo started out the same way."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:40:37 PM by Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #877 on: February 12, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
>SHiki: "So the Gensokyo we saw overlaid with its parent world. Should I assume that the same thing is happening to this Gensokyo?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #878 on: February 12, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
>Shiki: "So the Gensokyo we saw overlaid with its parent world. Should I assume that the same thing is happening to this Gensokyo?"
>"Yes. And plenty of other Gensokyos as well."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #879 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:53 PM »
>Shiki: "Why?"
>Reimu: "And more importantly, what can be done about it?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #880 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:50 AM »
>Shiki: "Why?"
>Reimu: "And more importantly, what can be done about it?"
>"Dunno about either of those, yet."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #881 on: February 13, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »
>Shiki: "What has led you to the belief that our Gensokyo's overlay cannot be stopped?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #882 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:53 AM »
>Shiki: "What has led you to the belief that our Gensokyo's overlay cannot be stopped?"
>"Nobody I know has any idea how, and by the time we figure it out, it will already have happened. Speaking of which... that'll happen in an hour or so."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #883 on: February 21, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
>Shiki: "So soon. If that is the case, then you are likely correct, as we currently have no idea how to stop it."
>Take out that piece of paper. Is there anything new on it?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
>Shiki: "So soon. If that is the case, then you are likely correct, as we currently have no idea how to stop it."
>Take out that piece of paper. Is there anything new on it?
>You unfold that piece of paper again. There is nothing new on it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
>Shiki: Hold the paper up.
>"I don't suppose you know anything about this, do you?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #886 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:02 AM »
>Shiki: Hold the paper up.
>"I don't suppose you know anything about this, do you?"
>"I planted that."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #887 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:57 AM »
>Shiki: "Planted. I see. You placed the information there, presumably because you knew I would not accept it if you told me directly."
>"You seem to know much about what is happening. You say we can't stop the overlay; what, then, would you say the appropriate next action is?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #888 on: February 23, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
>Shiki: "Planted. I see. You placed the information there, presumably because you knew I would not accept it if you told me directly."
>"You seem to know much about what is happening. You say we can't stop the overlay; what, then, would you say the appropriate next action is?"
>"Alert other people so that they don't panic when they're dropped into another world. Not much time for that, though."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #889 on: February 24, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »
>Shiki: "I was thinking along those lines as well. You are right that there's not much time, but fortunately, we have a couple of advantages. First, there are quite a few of us, so we can split up. And second, Yukari can send us anywhere."
>"Before this begins, however, I would like to confirm one last time that you will cease your interference with myself, Koishi, and any others you are interfering with. That means no nightmares, no compulsions, no messing with power and abilities, no doing anything with any special items anyone posesses, nothing. Correct?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #890 on: February 24, 2012, 04:57:13 AM »
>Shiki: "I was thinking along those lines as well. You are right that there's not much time, but fortunately, we have a couple of advantages. First, there are quite a few of us, so we can split up. And second, Yukari can send us anywhere."
>"Before this begins, however, I would like to confirm one last time that you will cease your interference with myself, Koishi, and any others you are interfering with. That means no nightmares, no compulsions, no messing with power and abilities, no doing anything with any special items anyone posesses, nothing. Correct?"
>"Fine with me."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #891 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »
>Shiki: "Good."
>"Okay, let's get moving. Reimu, you handle the human village."
>Reimu: "Obviously. There's some of you I don't want getting anywhere near that place. And they're more likely to listen to me."
>Shiki: "Indeed. Utsuho, Koishi, you handle the underground. Suika, you go with them; the oni are more likely to listen to one of their own, I think. Yukari, I would ask you to handle Hakugyokuro. And Komachi, you return to Higan. I will start in heaven, then proceed down the mountain and warn its inhabitants as well."
>Make a mental note to return that camera we borrowed, too.
>Turn back to the... thing. "First, however, I have one more question for you. We already know that the world we will be overlaying with has already gone through an overlay with an alternate version of Gensokyo, and thus contains its own versions of people in this Gensokyo. What will happen with these different versoins when we are all in the same world? Will our seperate selves continue to exist as before, or will something else happen?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #892 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
>Shiki: "Good."
>"Okay, let's get moving. Reimu, you handle the human village."
>Reimu: "Obviously. There's some of you I don't want getting anywhere near that place. And they're more likely to listen to me."
>Shiki: "Indeed. Utsuho, Koishi, you handle the underground. Suika, you go with them; the oni are more likely to listen to one of their own, I think. Yukari, I would ask you to handle Hakugyokuro. And Komachi, you return to Higan. I will start in heaven, then proceed down the mountain and warn its inhabitants as well."
>Make a mental note to return that camera we borrowed, too.
>Turn back to the... thing. "First, however, I have one more question for you. We already know that the world we will be overlaying with has already gone through an overlay with an alternate version of Gensokyo, and thus contains its own versions of people in this Gensokyo. What will happen with these different versoins when we are all in the same world? Will our seperate selves continue to exist as before, or will something else happen?"
>"I think all of your separate selves will stay separate."
>"Anyways, how exactly are you going to bring the news to the people of Gensokyo and the surrounding areas? You can't have them running around like homeless paranoid schizophrenics."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:53 AM »
>Reimu: "We've had a scarlet mist, an unending winter, a missing moon and an endless night, a flying ship, endless feasting, weather that followed people around, and I'm probably forgetting a few things. Crazy things happen every day here. Do you really think people will panic just from being told that we're about to merge with another world? Really, they'll just be happy that they're actually getting a little notice on this incident."
>"Also, Shiki, you forgot about Eientei. I'll warn them once I'm done in the village."
>SHiki: "Thank you."
>"I do think that just saying trouble's coming is improper, though. We should find some form of action for people to take. Voice, you clearly know more about this than we do; what actions would you have them take? What concerns are there to deal with?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #894 on: March 03, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »
>Reimu: "We've had a scarlet mist, an unending winter, a missing moon and an endless night, a flying ship, endless feasting, weather that followed people around, and I'm probably forgetting a few things. Crazy things happen every day here. Do you really think people will panic just from being told that we're about to merge with another world? Really, they'll just be happy that they're actually getting a little notice on this incident."
>"...Good point."

>"Also, Shiki, you forgot about Eientei. I'll warn them once I'm done in the village."
>Shiki: "Thank you."
>"I do think that just saying trouble's coming is improper, though. We should find some form of action for people to take. Voice, you clearly know more about this than we do; what actions would you have them take? What concerns are there to deal with?"
>"Yes, I know more about what's happening, but I have no idea how to express this well to a crowd."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #895 on: March 03, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »
>Shiki: "Tell us everything you know, and we will decide what and how to tell people."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #896 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
>Shiki: "Tell us everything you know, and we will decide what and how to tell people."
>"About the overlay, I'm guessing. Anyways..."
>"Each of the gaps throughout Gensokyo will expand and consume Gensokyo. To an outside viewer, it will look like Gensokyo is being consumed from the face of this planet. (Geez, the moon people will freak out and start wondering where the hell Yorihime is.) Even the gaps in Meiling and Sakuya's heads. It won't kill them, or harm them. Most of the buildings in their world and yours could be either badly wrecked due to tele frag, fused together in some weird hybrid form, or appear next to each other; I'm not really sure."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #897 on: March 04, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »
>Shiki: "Would it be safer, then, for us to gather people in loactions where cities and such are less likely to appear? Or is there no way to tell what will appear where?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #898 on: March 10, 2012, 03:43:56 AM »
>Shiki: "Would it be safer, then, for us to gather people in loactions where cities and such are less likely to appear? Or is there no way to tell what will appear where?"
>"The Human Village, due to its high concentration of buildings, will be most hit by the overlay. There aren't much buildings in other places in Gensokyo, so no building damage likely to injure a person."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #899 on: March 10, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
>Shiki: "Very well, then. We'll keep that in mind."
>"You never did answer my question, though. What actions do you think people should take in preparation?"