Author Topic: Genso Monopoly (Discussion thread)  (Read 8007 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Genso Monopoly (Discussion thread)
« on: December 03, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »
This is the game that I wanted co-GMs for a while back. I'm making final map testing and should be done soon. Full list of details coming later when I get home.

The game is designed for 4 players. I request consistent activity from people intending to play. Being able to post at least once every 24 hours is a must. If you might not be able to maintain that, you can partner up with someone to cover for when you'll be inactive.

Game modes:
Foot - starting move dice is 1d6
Broom - starting move dice is 2d6
Nice boat - starting move dice is 3d6

and

Normal - 100000 starting cash and bank
Hard - 200000 starting cash and bank
Lunatic - 300000 starting cash and bank

Specify the game modes you want, your birthday, sex and an icon no larger than 32x32 when signing up.
E.g. Broom Normal, 31 August, male, :V
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:01:39 AM by Inaba Tewi »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Genso Monopoly (Discussion thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
Calling a spot.

Can I get the bucket?

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
I'm kinda interested but how exactly will we play this?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Provide your own bucket or else I'll draw you a terrible one.

There's plenty of stuff for players to do. Buy into the stock market, plant bombs, rig your dice roll, nuke other players and other stuff. You do all of this before rolling and moving for the turn. Everything after the roll is pretty much automated.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
I'm also interested in this.
Activity shouldn't be a problem for me.

Don't particularly care about the mode, July 19, Male,
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:01:16 AM by Dormio »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
Nice Boat Lunatic, 14 February, male,

PLAYING ON MAXIMUM, FUCK YEAH

Will there be multiple games going on due to multiple game modes?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »
One game is plenty enough work. And I only made one board anyway.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 02:22:09 PM »
I'm game....

Anything Lunatic, 30 September, Male.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
I think that I forgot how to count, don't mind me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:18:50 PM by Dorian G. »
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:39 PM »
Broom, Hard, 20 February, Male,

I'm in.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
People weren't paying attention to the 'designed for 4 players' part :V. I made the map with space to accommodate 6 players, but under the game mechanics, you guys are gonna sweat blood if there's that many players.

Purv, Dormio, Stuffman and Affinity are the first 4 in. It will be most preferable if teams can be made to keep it to just 4 player slots.

The actual game details as follows:

Property

Basic plot - max level 5
Build cost  - 500*(1+house level) per upgrade
Fee - 50*plot rank*(1+house level)
Buy - 600+200*plot rank
Value - Buy cost + total build cost + fee

Big plot - max level 5
Build cost - Build card (initial), structure build cost*house level per upgrade
Fee - Structure fee*1d6*house level
Buy - 5000
Value - Buy cost + total build cost + structure value*house level

Build - You don't need to own a whole row to build on a property. If you land on a plot that you own, you can immediately build on it. You can only build once per turn that you land on the plot.

Fees - The payable fee is the sum of all fees of property owned by the same player on the stretch of road. Road stretches are separated by big plots or non-property spaces.

Game rank - Game rank begins at 1. All income and expenses are automatically multiplied by game rank at all times. Game rank increases every 365 turns, whenever a player goes bankrupt or by event.

=======================================================================

Cards

Card spaces will give you a random card from the list below. Shop spaces will have 16 random cards for sale. Prices in faith points listed next to the card name. Shops can buy your unwanted cards at half their listed price. You can only carry a maximum of 8 cards. Any cards that you get over the limit are discarded. All players start with 1 Tewi dice, 1 Kappa Research Lab and 1 Scarlet Devil Mansion.

1. Broom - 50
Movement  = 2d6.

2. Nice boat - 80
Movement = 3d6.

3. Tewi dice - 25
Guarantees your next move to a spot within 6 spaces.

4. STOP! HELEPOLIS - 15
Cast range 10. Player stops on the marked spot.

5. Ruukoto - 15
Range 15 forward. Clears all obstacles in the next 15 spaces.

6. Knockout in 3(0) steps - 30
Cast range 10. Next player to land on the space gets the bomb attached to them. detonates after moving 30 spaces. Sends player to Eirin's lab for 5 turns. Broom or Nice boat is destroyed. Can be given to another player if you pass them.

7. Pit trap - 25
Cast range 5. Target player stays in the same spot for 1 turn.

8. Kogasa spin - 15
Cast range 5. Target player faces the other direction.

9. Artful sacrifice - 25
Cast range 6. Next player to land on the space gets sent to Eirin's lab for 3 turns. Broom or Nice boat is destroyed. Decreases the plot' house level by 1.

10. Festival of the gods - 15
AoE 7. Attracts the closest Blessing or Curse to you.

11. Sending of the spirits - 10
Dispels the current Blessing or Curse on you.

12. Heian Nightmare - 70
Cast range 5. Target player Sleepwalks for 5 turns.

13. Butterfly Dream Pill - 180
AoE global. All other players Sleep 3 turns.

14. Mini-Suika team - 25
Cast range 10. Increase target plot's house level by 1.

15. Keystone - 25
Cast range 10. Decrease target plot's house level by 1.

16. Drunk Oni - 70
Cast range 5. Set target plot's house level to 0.

17. Mimi-chan - 150
Cast range 7. AoE 2. House level on target plot is reduced by 2. Players within the aoe are sent to Eirin's lab for 3 turns.

18. Control rod - 200
Cast range global. AoE 4. House levels within the aoe are reset to 0. Plot ownerships are reset to unclaimed. Players are sent to Eirin's lab for 7 turns.

19. Shanghai doll - 40
The next time you would pay 5000 or more, you pay nothing instead.

20. Gap - 40
Get out of Hell/Eirin's lab free card

21. Hourai doll - 40
Makes a third party take the effect for you. Triggers when being targeted by a card or event. E.g. Player 1 makes player 2 pay 50000. Hourai doll triggers and makes player 3 pay instead. Third party player may not be in Hell, Eirin's lab, Abducted by aliens, Sleep or Sleepwalking.

22. Marisa ze! - 40
Cast range 5. Steal 1 card from target player.

23. My twuck! - 40
Plot where you are currently at becomes yours.

24. Swap soul - 40
Cast range 5. Plot where you are currently at swaps ownership with target plot.

25. Swap body - 40
Cast range 5. Plot where you are currently at swaps house level with target plot.

26. Kourindou sale - 40
Plot where you at is put on auction. You do not participate and will collect the final sale. Base price is equal to current fee.

27. Scarlet Devil Mansion - 80
Structure build cost 1000. Structure fee 750. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2000.

28. Hakurei Shrine - 80
Structure build cost 0, not upgradable but retains house level if used in a swap. Structure fee 0. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 1000.

29. Eientei - 80
Structure build cost 1200. Structure fee 500. Player misses 1 turn. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2250.

30. Kappa Research Lab - 80
Structure build cost 850. Structure fee 0. Player may research 1 card on each visit. Cards available for research depend on house level. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 1500.

31. Moriya Shrine - 80
Structure build cost 1500. Structure fee 0. Player randomly gets 1 house level added to an existing basic plot per visit. Enemy players randomly get 1 house level removed from an existing basic plot per visit. Can not target properties equal or above its house level. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2500.

32. Judgement: Balance - 200
Cast range 5. You and target player randomly discards cards in stock until you have the same number of cards as whoever has less. Both players have cash and bank values set to their respective averages. E.g. Player 1 has 2 cards, 10000 cash, 300000 bank; player 2 has 7 cards, 50000 cash, 0 bank. Balance makes player 2 discard 5 cards at random. Both players have cash set to 30000 and bank to 150000.

33. Friendship Tea Party - 150
Cast range 5. You and target player get to move onto each other's property without paying any fees for 7 turns.

34. Moriya Shrine conspiracy - 50
Target share listing becomes more likely to increase over 5 weekday turns.

35. Yukari fooling around - 50
Target share listing becomes more likely to decrease over 5 weekday turns.

Blessings/Curses/NPCs

Momiji - If the player is not on a Broom or Nice boat, sends player to Eirin's lab for 4 turns. Spawns every 5 turns. Moves 1d6 per turn.

Orin - If the player is on a Broom or Nice boat, it gets confiscated. Spawns every 5 turns. Moves 1d6 per turn.

Marisa - Takes 5000 from player. Spawns every 5 turns. Moves up to 2d6 per turn, will home in on a player.

Nazrin - Gives the player a Broom or Nice boat and 1 random build card. spawns every 5 turns. Does not move.

Yuugi - Makes player Sleepwalk for 5 turns. Spawns every 12 turns. Does not move.

Tenshi - Reduces house level of current plot by 1. Lasts for 5 turns. Spawns every 10 turns. Does not move.

Hina - You pay 50% more for all costs. Lose 1d9999 cash. Lasts 7 turns. Spawns every 7 turns. Does not move.

Reimu - You pay 100% more for all costs. Lose 3*1d9999 cash. Lasts 6 turns. Spawns every 10 turns. Does not move.

Kanako - Gain ownerhip of all plots you land on. Lasts for 5 turns. Spawns every 12 turns. Does not move.

Suwako - Increases house level of current plot by 1. Lasts for 5 turns. Spawns every 10 turns. Does not move.

Tewi - You pay 50% less for all costs. Gain 1d9999 cash. Lasts for 7 turns. Spawns every 7 turns. Does not move.

Minoriko - You pay 100% less for all costs. Gain 3*1d9999 cash. Lasts for 6 turns. Spawns every 10 turns. Does not move.

Sanae - Gives you 250 faith. Spawns immediately. Does not move.

Status

Sleep - No movement, can not pay any fees for staying on enemy property, can not use cards, can not claim payment from enemy players.

Sleepwalk - Automatic 1d6 movement, must pay all fees incurred along the way, can not use cards, can not claim payment from enemy players.

Hell - Can not use cards, can not claim payment from enemy players. Sent to Hell space. Can be bailed out by enemy players for 50 faith if they land on the space.

Eirin's lab - Can not use cards, can not claim payment from enemy players. Sent to Eirin's lab space Can be bailed out by enemy players for 30 faith if they land on the space.

Abducted by aliens - No movement, can not use cards, can not claim payment from enemy players. Player icon also removed from map for the duration.

Bankrupt - Cash and bank have hit 0. You lose the game and increase game rank by 1. When going bankrupt your properties will be randomly chosen to be auctioned off. Number of properties to be auctioned is equal to number of players remaining plus game rank. The rest become unclaimed.

Money

Cash - Spending is done from here first. Can not buy or upgrade if there is no cash. Payments will be made from bank if cash is insufficient.

Bank - All money received goes to bank. Bank value increases by game 10% every month end. Player with the highest combined total of bank and cash gets a 10% bonus of their bank value.

ATMs - Players may draw or deposit money on passing an ATM automatically. Players that land on an ATM may take out a loan or make repayments.

Loan - You can take out a loan on any turn that is a non-holiday weekday. Minimum loan amount 10000, maximum loan amount 1000000. Total value to repay is 120% of loan value. Repayment of 10% of total amount owed is automatically deducted from the bank on the same day that the loan was taken out on of every month. E.g. 10000 loan means 12000 to be repaid. 1200 will be taken each month as repayment. You can speed this up by making your own repayments when you land on ATM.

Stock market - You can access the stock market on any turn that is a non-holiday weekday. Every listing has 10000 shares that can be bought. You may only buy with money in your bank. The listing price is per share and can change every weekday turn. Even if you have invested money, you will still go bankrupt if cash and bank hit 0.

Lotto - Pick a lucky number from 1 to 33 when landing on lotto. Jackpot value begins on a random figure and increases by a random amount each time it is not won. Numbers picked by players are kept until there is a winner. Players may keep bets on a maximum of 4 numbers. Lotto draw takes place at the beginning of the 15th of every month.

Events

Landing on an event space will cause an event to trigger. If Player 1 triggers an event that affects Player 2, the event is processed before Player 2's actions. Player 2 will be given a chance to change their actions if applicable.

Actions priority

Turns - Use cards > Move > Buy/build/pay
ATMs - deposit/withdraw > Loan transactions
Paying - Base cost > add Curse/Blessing > Triggers > Check bankruptcy > Take from Cash > Take from Bank

Playing - I will post each player's current location on the map. Players must specify any cards they want to use before the move. It will be assumed that players will automatically buy or upgrade any property they land on if the resources are available. Specify otherwise if you do not want to buy or upgrade. Landing on an evet will trigger it immediately. Landing on lotto or ATM, include your actions on them when you post your next turn.

This is what your board sorta looks like
[attach=1]

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
Provide your own bucket or else I'll draw you a terrible one.

Drake

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »
bitch that ain't monopoly that be candy land

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
bitch that ain't monopoly that be candy land

JUST AS GOOD!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:23:20 PM by It's Purvis! »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
Cast range 5. You and target player randomly discards cards in stock until you have the same number of cards as whoever has less. Both players have cash and bank values set to their respective averages. E.g. Player 1 has 2 cards, 10000 cash, 300000 bank; player 2 has 7 cards, 50000 cash, 0 bank. Balance makes player 2 discard 5 cards at random. Both players have cash set to 30000 and bank to 150000.
Oh, wow, that sounds annoying to get hit by.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
That's why it costs 200 faith to buy the card. But you could get lucky.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 11:11:16 PM »
This... looks a lot more complicated than the monopoly I was thinking of.  :V
But, I'll do my best to learn and help you out. o7

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 02:51:44 AM »
How do you gain faith? Is Sanae the only way?

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 06:47:31 AM »
Other than get out of jail free and people bailing you out, is there anyway to get out of hell and eirin's lab?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »
How do you gain faith? Is Sanae the only way?

There are spots on the map that give you faith for landing on them and minigames from events that you can win faith from.

Other than get out of jail free and people bailing you out, is there anyway to get out of hell and eirin's lab?

Just have to wait it out.

Game Thread up. We'll keep this one for discussion.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:01:18 AM by Inaba Tewi »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
Co-GMs, take these icons.
[attach=1] [attach=2] [attach=3]

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
Card descriptions reference post

1. Broom - 50
Movement  = 2d6.

2. Nice boat - 80
Movement = 3d6.

3. Tewi dice - 25
Guarantees next turn's move to a spot within 6 spaces.

4. STOP! HELEPOLIS - 15
Cast range 10. Player stops on the marked spot.

5. Ruukoto - 15
Range 15 forward. Clears all obstacles in the next 15 spaces.

6. Knockout in 3(0) steps - 30
Cast range 10. Next player to land on the space gets the bomb attached to them. detonates after moving 30 spaces. Sends player to Eirin's lab for 5 turns. Broom or Nice boat is destroyed. Can be given to another player if you pass them.

7. Pit trap - 25
Cast range 5. Target player stays in the same spot for 1 turn.

8. Kogasa spin - 15
Cast range 5. Target player faces the other direction.

9. Artful sacrifice - 25
Cast range 6. Next player to land on the space gets sent to Eirin's lab for 3 turns. Broom or Nice boat is destroyed. Decreases the plot' house level by 1.

10. Festival of the gods - 15
AoE 7. Attracts the closest Blessing or Curse to you.

11. Sending of the spirits - 10
Dispels the current Blessing or Curse on you.

12. Heian Nightmare - 70
Cast range 5. Target player Sleepwalks for 5 turns.

13. Butterfly Dream Pill - 180
AoE global. All other players Sleep 3 turns.

14. Mini-Suika team - 25
Cast range 10. Increase target plot's house level by 1.

15. Keystone - 25
Cast range 10. Decrease target plot's house level by 1.

16. Drunk Oni - 70
Cast range 5. Set target plot's house level to 0.

17. Mimi-chan - 150
Cast range 7. AoE 2. House level on target plot is reduced by 2. Players within the aoe are sent to Eirin's lab for 3 turns.

18. Control rod - 200
Cast range global. AoE 4. House levels within the aoe are reset to 0. Plot ownerships are reset to unclaimed. Players are sent to Eirin's lab for 7 turns.

19. Shanghai doll - 40
The next time you would pay 5000 or more, you pay nothing instead.

20. Gap - 40
Get out of Hell/Eirin's lab free card

21. Hourai doll - 40
Makes a third party take the effect for you. E.g. Player 1 makes player 2 pay 50000. Hourai doll triggers and makes player 3 pay instead. Third party player may not be in Hell, Eirin's lab, Abducted by aliens, Sleep or Sleepwalking. Also triggers if you would pay 50000 or more for landing on a property.

22. Marisa ze! - 40
Cast range 5. Steal 1 card from target player.

23. My twuck! - 40
Plot where you are currently at becomes yours.

24. Swap soul - 40
Cast range 5. Plot where you are currently at swaps ownership with target plot.

25. Swap body - 40
Cast range 5. Plot where you are currently at swaps house level with target plot.

26. Kourindou sale - 40
Plot where you at is put on auction. You do not participate and will collect the final sale. Base price is equal to current fee.

27. Scarlet Devil Mansion - 80
Structure build cost 1000. Structure fee 750. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2000.

28. Hakurei Shrine - 80
Structure build cost 0, not upgradable but retains house level if used in a swap. Structure fee 0. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 1000.

29. Eientei - 80
Structure build cost 1200. Structure fee 500. Player misses 1 turn. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2250.

30. Kappa Research Lab - 80
Structure build cost 850. Structure fee 0. Player may research 1 card on each visit. Cards available for research depend on house level. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 1500.

31. Moriya Shrine - 80
Structure build cost 1500. Structure fee 0. Player randomly gets 1 house level added to an existing basic plot per visit. Enemy players randomly get 1 house level removed from an existing basic plot per visit. Can not target properties equal or above its house level. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 2500.

33. Friendship Tea Party - 150
Cast range 5. You and target player get to move onto each other's property without paying any fees for 7 turns.

34. Moriya Shrine conspiracy - 50
Target share listing becomes more likely to increase over 5 weekday turns.

35. Yukari fooling around - 50
Target share listing becomes more likely to decrease over 5 weekday turns.

36. UFO theme park - 80
Structure build cost 1500. Structure fee 2500. Swaps current big plot into this structure. Structure value 3000.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:13:06 AM by Inaba Tewi »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
I gave no summary. Landing on them will let you find out what they are.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »
Can I run, or will I die?  Are these items instantaneous, or relegated to the end of everyone's turns?  (I suppose it is not)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »
Cards are used as players get their turns, at the beginning before they roll to move. Some cards trigger when conditions are met (Shanghai doll or Gap) or are only usable under certain conditions (all the build cards).

I think your best bet is to hope someone lands on an event that sends Stuffman to Hell or Eirin's again before he launches :V.

Edit: Checked the books and it does seem like an overcharge for the properties. I'll be fixing them up according to what we've got from the actions in the updates.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:06:34 PM by Inaba Tewi »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
I don't really think it's fair that Purvis was allowed to change his turn after I posted mine, but I got put to sleep so whatever.

I suppose we can't even trade stocks, right? Also, it looks like I moved despite being asleep?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »
ffffffffffff oops. Yeah you didn't move. That's where you would have gone :V

Everyone is free to update their movements until an update is posted. Mindgames bro. He missed out on a Kanako and Dormio lucked out a delay for the nuke, so yeah :D

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
Everyone is free to update their movements until an update is posted. Mindgames bro. He missed out on a Kanako and Dormio lucked out a delay for the nuke, so yeah :D

Except this grants a massive advantage to people higher up in the initiative order. If Purvis wanted to throw the nuke nobody could do anything about it. If Affinity wanted to throw it everyone could get out of the way.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »
That's a valid point. I'll think about some way to keep initiatives fair. If I don't have a solution by the end of tonight, no more changing moves if the person after you has posted their move.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »
That would also render any clever use of cards and such for countering completely useless.