Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - Assassin  (Read 18657 times)

Re: Defend the Maiden - Assassin
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
I feel kind of bad for Affinity now. I've calculated it, and there's enough time for a C9 game to last until the 18th so if everyone still wants to play, I can roll one up.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
I'll be in for another short game that doesn't need too much thinking.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2010, 06:46:56 PM »
C9 works for me.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
C9 works for me as well.

As for why I didn't hammer Rou it's because I didn't think he was the assassin.  As for why I didn't say that...well I answered that one.  I don't think you guys should have asked me why I didn't hammer tbh because it made Rou an unlikely candidate for VIP.  Eh, it all worked out in the end though. GG
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
I feel kind of bad for Affinity now. I've calculated it, and there's enough time for a C9 game to last until the 18th so if everyone still wants to play, I can roll one up.
I'm alright with that. Feel kinda cheated out of a game here.

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »
Alright then. I'll just assume everyone wants in, and if anyone wants to drop, Kilga can replace.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
Whoops, I forgot C9 was a 7-person setup. >_>

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »
I'll drop for Kilga

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »
That was disappointing in a sense. Yeah, I tried to deflect UK's early comment with a valid point since she didn't actually say Affinity could be the VIP and anyone who agreed with her could possibly tip the Assassin off since she could look like the "unofficial leader."

I thought Rou was a Guard immediately with his vote on UK because he already said that UK shouldn't outguess the mod in #15, then repeated the same thing in #26 while voting her. By the time the 2 of them started arguing, I didn't want to say anything about either of them.

I understand K4U's point, but by the time she made it, we were long past having "no discussion." It frustrated me in a way I hadn't felt in a while, but I didn't want to explicitly target any of UK's voters or get into why any of the people voting Rou were wrong. So I tunneled on her. There was enough doubt on K4U that I didn't feel bad doing it either.

That's about the extent of my thoughts on this game.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
I'll drop for Kilga
Nah, don't worry about it. The other game just ended so a new one will be starting there soon.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »
Nah, don't worry about it. The other game just ended so a new one will be starting there soon.

Oh but I insist. You should do your bit for Affinity too ;)

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2010, 07:12:20 PM »
Well, to be honest, I'm not big on 7-person setups. Day 2 LYLO is something of which I am not a big fan. <_<

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
My vote on UK clearly did what it was planned to do. Seeing everyone take her side in the discussion basically scared me so I did whatever I could to get a case on her. Coming across as my typical herpderp Town helped, and I was ready to get lynched if it protected UK from the assassin.

Pesco I was suspicious of, but if I jumped on him immediately then it would give away that the vote on UK was essentially Fong's Gambit By Proxy. :V

Finally, K4U resorting to the theoretical best play is dull. :V
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:48:52 PM by Kilgamayan »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:47 PM »
It was mostly because you were lurking and everyone let it slide.

Also, a facepalm goes to UK for the stupidity behind her outguess the mod plan. Not only was it completely and obviously wrong, but it also seemed to be based on the theory that "If I, in the number two slot, am the VIP, then Affinity, who is in the one slot, is the assassin!" Kiro made a decent save there, but ultimately, it was Rou who prevented Pesco from targeting UK.

@Kilgamayan: I don't blame you. A Large part of what makes Assassin a fun game as oppose to die thrower is all of the players not knowing what optimal play is for the game.

What the fuck? No, this wasn't my logic at all. In fact, that theory was entirely fake anyway. Also, HW was obv town. K4U second most obv town. Rou did so good that even I fell for it.

I'll admit I was pretty sure one of my voters was the assassin. I just thought it was Rou.

But, yeah, kudos to Rou.

Again, Zak, don't outguess my outguessing the mod. That has to be the stupidest theory for my thought processes I had ever heard.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2010, 10:56:03 PM »
Lol, wow, this was... a strange game.  But yup, great job for Rou in misdirecting pesco, though I found that the shot against huh what didn't seem too bad.  Too soon though.

Okay on to the next one.  I think this is a lesson to all that the Assassin system is kind of discredited now.