Author Topic: Reisen Quest Still: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78885 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reisen Quest Still: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: March 18, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
>"Why is she a criminal? From what I know, she fought the thing off and resealed it. If it isn't sealed or dead, she's working TO reseal it. Why not let her clean up her own mistake rather then impose our laws on their society? If a mistake is fixed, what wrong has been committed? Further, isn't intent important in deciding whether someone shoudl be imprisoned or not? Imprisonment is generally for rehabilitation, but if the intent was never malicious, what are you rehabilitating?"
>Contemplate if you can kick Yorihime's ass should all else fail.

>"Because her actions endanger us all, Reisen," says Yorihime, frowning slightly at you. "And it is very clear that no one else will be taking action to dissuade her, which begins a dangerous precedent of tolerance toward the forbidden. As well, it encourages other such crimes, as tampering with the seals we have placed personally. Not all have forgotten the war between the Yamato and the deities of old, Reisen, and it is best we not allow any thought toward releasing those who still wish to wish to fight that war."
>You cannot believe you are contemplating this. She is the premier shrine maiden of the moon, one whom has avoided the abject laziness that seems to plague Genoskyo's premier shrine maiden. You know she was able to single-handed hold off one front of the recent lunar invasion, fighting of several of Gensokyo's most powerful people. The gods themselves respond to her requests.
>You feel you have a reasonable shot at defeating her, but you are not going to be able to hold back in the slightest. You may have some advantage of surprise, but she has the countless gods to call upon. You know you eyes will do no good against her. You are going to have to be very careful and very clever to defeat her. As well, you know that if she gets close to you, it's over. You don't feel even the Red Gem could save you unless she knows nothing about it. This would be the worst battle you ever faced, likely worse than when you tried to hold off Yukari and Reimu.

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #991 on: March 18, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
>"Then how about we warn her about such things first, and if she makes any movements towards breaking anymore of our seals, you imprison her. Hell, keep her under surveillance. I'm sure she'd agree to it. I just don't think she intended to do what you accuse her of"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: March 18, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
>"Then how about we warn her about such things first, and if she makes any movements towards breaking anymore of our seals, you imprison her. Hell, keep her under surveillance. I'm sure she'd agree to it. I just don't think she intended to do what you accuse her of"

>Yorihime arches an eyebrow. "Are you seriously arguing that someone styled the Great Unmoving Library; that someone considered a rival to the sage, would be ignorant of the implications of her actions? I cannot imagine a reality in which such a person would not know why those beings are referred to as cosmic horrors. What she intended to do is unimportant. The reality of what she did remains the same. There is nothing to warn she is not already fully aware of, such a show would only embolden others that would consider such acts."

>_
>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #993 on: March 18, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
>"Have you even tried talking to her yet about this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: March 18, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »
>"Have you even tried talking to her yet about this?"

>"What is there to talk about, precisely?" Yorihime asks. "How does one talk about putting the world as we know it in mortal peril, Reisen? How does one justify that in any meaningful way that diminishes the enormity of the crime? That it did not come out for the worst is, at best, an accident. And it is likely that that gate, once opened, may not shut itself. What is there to talk about that would alter any of these circumstances?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #995 on: March 18, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
>"The sword that was connected to this cosmic horror she unsealed; I do not believe she knew what the sword was capable of doing. Even now, she wanted the help of Eirin to figure out the mysteries the sword holds. And, about the cosmic horror itself; after it was unsealed, did she not stop it in an attempt to correct what she had done? I certainly haven't noticed a cosmic horror running around, if what I've seen today isn't one.
>"I sincerely believe she did not intend any harm at all from her actions. A think at least having a talk with her over the matter would be quite reasonable. And if there is anything problematic still left from what happened, it may be helpful to have the one who knows what had occurred at the time to help solve any loose ends."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #996 on: March 18, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »
UK, why you gotta stir up trouble all quick-like that way =(

>"While I'm still not sure about the full scope or consequences of Patchouli's actions, I believe it would be more prudent to enlist her help - or make use of her, if you prefer - in undoing the damage before enforcing severe punishment, if her actions there are inadequate to atone for her crimes."
>"If she is as aware of what she has done as you have mentioned, then I suspect she would understand if some restrictions were placed on her for the time being as insurance for her help in undoing the damage, such as a monitoring system, bodyguards, or maybe a termination fail-safe to knock her unconscious if she is uncooperative. Most of the time, she is content to remain in her library; I'm not certain how much damage she could do from there, especially if she's willing to be monitored, if only until the issue with this Cosmic Horror is dealt with."
>"If she is not willing to be reasonable about this to the point of being as irredeemable as I fear you may suspect... then I think I would be willing to help apprehend her."
>"... also, there is a slim chance that this may be an opportunity, as well. I don't know how possible it is to genuinely defeat a Cosmic Horror, or seal it in a genuinely permanent fashion, but... I suspect the disparate forces of both the moon and the earth would have better odds than one or the other."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #997 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »
Hey, at least I didn't say to attack her for surprise. I'm not stirring up too much trouble yet, I'm just bad at arguing. (That was to voices)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: March 19, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
>"The sword that was connected to this cosmic horror she unsealed; I do not believe she knew what the sword was capable of doing. Even now, she wanted the help of Eirin to figure out the mysteries the sword holds. And, about the cosmic horror itself; after it was unsealed, did she not stop it in an attempt to correct what she had done? I certainly haven't noticed a cosmic horror running around, if what I've seen today isn't one.
>"I sincerely believe she did not intend any harm at all from her actions. A think at least having a talk with her over the matter would be quite reasonable. And if there is anything problematic still left from what happened, it may be helpful to have the one who knows what had occurred at the time to help solve any loose ends."

>"While I'm still not sure about the full scope or consequences of Patchouli's actions, I believe it would be more prudent to enlist her help - or make use of her, if you prefer - in undoing the damage before enforcing severe punishment, if her actions there are inadequate to atone for her crimes."
>"If she is as aware of what she has done as you have mentioned, then I suspect she would understand if some restrictions were placed on her for the time being as insurance for her help in undoing the damage, such as a monitoring system, bodyguards, or maybe a termination fail-safe to knock her unconscious if she is uncooperative. Most of the time, she is content to remain in her library; I'm not certain how much damage she could do from there, especially if she's willing to be monitored, if only until the issue with this Cosmic Horror is dealt with."
>"If she is not willing to be reasonable about this to the point of being as irredeemable as I fear you may suspect... then I think I would be willing to help apprehend her."
>"... also, there is a slim chance that this may be an opportunity, as well. I don't know how possible it is to genuinely defeat a Cosmic Horror, or seal it in a genuinely permanent fashion, but... I suspect the disparate forces of both the moon and the earth would have better odds than one or the other."

>You try to rationalize whatever motives Patchouli might have had. Even if she is somewhat reckless, you can't imagine she would have does this thing without an excellent reason. You also try to persuade her that a drastic solution may not be necessary. You have to admit to yourself you're not sure how much of that Patchouli would agree to, but you resolve to cross that bridge once you get to it. Yorihime listens quietly, her face inscrutable. The three rabbits quietly sneak away, while the wolf lays down by the door.
>"In other circumstances, I might agree with some of what you have said," She replies. "But you turn your eyes from the enormity of the crime. It is a thing that endangered the entire world, this one, our own, and all others that can be found. You spoke of defeating such things, but I ask you in turn, how do you defeat an echo? How do you defeat the falling rain or tides? The idea is nonsense. Mere physical defeat is meaningless for such things. Patchouli's intentions are meaningless in the face of such things."
>"What you are suggesting, Reisen, is that we react to such things with a slap to the wrist. This cannot be allowed. It cannot be seen that such acts be met with any measure of undue mercy, lest it inspire future criminals. Furthermore, you ask us to monitor her? Even if her crimes were not so monstrous, that would not do for long. Another invasion is coming, we cannot spare our forces long enough."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #999 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »
> "How do you expect to enforce Lunarian law here on Terra?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »
>One of the rabbits get sick of being ignored and shanks you.