Author Topic: Spriting Adventure  (Read 3201 times)

Youkai_Of_Creation

Spriting Adventure
« on: August 22, 2009, 05:53:46 AM »
Alright instead of using my other thread as some kin of art galery, il try posting my sprites here. I did my first animated sprite tonight, I managed to get somewhat of a feel for it while making it.

It should have been faster but I needed to find a GIF creator decently fast, so I used an online browser dealie, so its slower than I wanted, I need more expirience with clothing animation. Specifically skirts.

Re: Spriting Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »
I'm not a pixel-art expert, but it looks really good. Only, like you said, the skirt is a bit problematic because the left and right edges don't move. I'm curious why you can't do the same thing with the skirt that you did for the mantle and hair, because those turned out great.

The other thing, which I only noticed after a while, is that the mantle and the hair are flapping in sync with each other. Shouldn't they be slightly out of sync? Maybe adjust the mantle frames one more frame forward so they don't lockstep?

Still, this is so much better than anything I could come up with... please post more!

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »
The divining rods should be bent in cardinal directions, like so.

Outside of that, that's a cute Nazrin.  XD
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:21:20 PM by Momiji »

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:47:12 AM »
Yeah the reason why I didn't try doing the same kind of movement with the skirt is because I tried going for the turning-kindof animation from POFV, like the wind is getting caught in it.

Also I agree with the lockstepping kindof movement, it almost looks someone is pulling on them at the same time, il remember that in the future.

And yeah the divining rods confused me, I looked at like 2 fanpics and forgot they bent to make a square, I ish stupid sometimes XD