Author Topic: 東方花映塚 ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View.  (Read 161248 times)

Re: 東方花映塚 ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View.
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »
easy - shiki
s - 143,818,850 - C - REPLAY

Random run turned into a score improvement by 20690 points. I'm going to have to watch my replay. There were some crazy dodges in that reimu fight.

EDIT:
Watched my own replay and noticed that reimu died at 3:20 :(
And my crazy dodges are nothing compared to what Zil does in his normal WR run.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:55:42 PM by touhoumaniac »

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 07:17:59 AM »
Extra - Shikieiki
Soulkun - 199769710 - C - REPLAY (no miss)

I was just completing the Extra because it was not complete here and then boom.

I guess I should go back playing this game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:51:55 AM by fallensoul »

Zil

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »
Extra - Eiki
Zil - 211,692,230 - C - Replay

One death, BUT IT WAS THE MOST EPIC DEATH OF ALL TIME.

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 06:02:37 AM »
Can't blame you for dying there. Only the greatest of superplayers could have avoided your inevitable fate.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2013, 03:13:59 AM »
Update checkpoint. Goddamn, that Normal Eiki score is insane. Good job, Zil.
Let's fight.

Zil

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »
Thanks.

Easy - Eiki
Zil - 154,955,280 - C - Replay

Experimented a bit with taking damage for spell energy early on. Seemed worse than just chaining from the start. Aya, Komachi went pretty well, though I lost the chain midway through Komachi's fight. Not sure how much that cost me. Reimu went rather poorly.

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
Extra - Shikieiki
Soulkun - 229291350 - C - REPLAY

I think there's still a lot of room for improvement, luck factor mainly.

Normal - Shikieiki
Soulkun - 238904540 - C - REPLAY (no miss)

How do I do it, Zil? ;w;
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:31:47 PM by fallensoul »

Zil

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2013, 06:19:59 PM »
It certainly helps if she doesn't poop out on you. :I

Still, this has only ever happened twice to me, and the first time I was playing like shit anyway. I found it kind funny that it would happen on the very next run after seeing your comment, though.

But anyway, yeah, keep the chain going. Obviously survival isn't enough to ensure that you score well. There are ways to keep as many bullets onscreen as possible, like using spells from the bottom to avoid cancelling bullets and fairies. Lily White is important as well. I wish I understood this game better, but alas, I'm still a caveman. Maybe I should play more Extra...

Lunatic - Tewi
Zil - 165,576,150 - C - Replay

-

Something I've been meaning to do. Senseless blogging incoming.

So I streamed a run on Lunatic. ~325mil. Probably could've boosted it by 30 or 40mil (or more?) with suicides.

It bugs me slightly that this game doesn't save slowdown percentage or anything. And given how I basically only play this and PC-98 games, I worry sometimes that it seems like I only play the games you can easily cheat in. Not that I think that's really a big thing to worry about. But recording live runs is nice.

So anyway, that's why I'm posting this here. Some kinda... proof or something. I'd like to record every run live, but it kinda fucks with the game. I'm not sure if there was slowdown in that run. It felt like it sometimes, but I don't think the number at the bottom ever dropped from 60, so maybe it's just the other crap playing tricks on me. Anyway it wouldn't feel right submitting a run like that. But hopefully I can stream things someday without side effects. Maybe get a computer that isn't shit.

On another note, the game crashed on me after I finished a different run, but before the score was saved. Dubious. I don't think it was the infamous replay saving thing, seeing as I didn't even get that far, but it worried me nonetheless. It's possible that it only happened because I was streaming (why I can't imagine), but still.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:06:04 AM by Zil »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
Update checkpoint.
Let's fight.

Zil

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Hard - Sakuya
Zil - 155,476,580 - C - Replay

True shitplay. Practicing with a new controller. Brace for impact.

Hard - Cirno
Zil - 216,456,940 - C - Replay

Hard - Yuuka
Zil - 153,082,000 - C - Replay

I don't think there was slowdown. They're shit anyway. Yuuka literally lasted 1:09 in the Cirno run. Then I followed suit against Eiki.

Hard - Youmu
Zil - 137,700,720 - C - Screenshot

I scored 160,00?,??? just before this, and the game crashed before the score was saved. Redid it while recording with Fraps, and the game crashed again. So I guess I've caught the curse somehow. Why now all of a sudden after years of never happening, I can't imagine. Of course, I can't prove this was actually Hard mode without uploading the whole run I guess, but like hell am I doing that. So I'm pissed that I lost my score and even more pissed that the game is screwing me over. I could try deleting my score.dat or something and see if it stops, but that would pain me greatly.

On a lighter note, I'm getting used to this fucking controller.

Hard - Mystia
Zil - 179,017,860 - C - Screenshot

That's thrice in a row. Nooooooo.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:42:30 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
As much as I hate the scoring in this game, I must improve what I've submitted for the sake of my own sanity...

Lunatic - Marisa
chum - 192,588,900 - ALL - Image

No-missed to Eiki, lost to her thrice. I hate everything right now. Replay crash because why not. Not that it would've been a replay worth keeping. These fingers just aren't fit for Marisa's speed. She deserves better... At least it was better than the first run, in which I got the glitch on 4 different occasions which were on the last hit (from stage 6 and onward) which means that a level 4 was replaced by... nothing. The 4th time it happened I got so upset that I restarted even though it was stage 9 round 2.

Hard - Yuka
chum - 137,610,610- ALL - Replay

Lunatic - Yuka
chum - 144,349,410 - ALL - Replay

Yuka is my kinda lady. Good speed for dodging lightsabers and coins.

Lunatic - Reimu
chum - 176,914,340 - ALL - Replay

How in the world do you score 200m with Reimu, Zil. Whatever. This is good enough for me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:38:23 PM by chum »

Zil

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Hard - Tewi
Zil - 158,663,480 - C - Screenshot

Make that four times in a row.

Well this Fraps thing isn't going to work, since it sometimes causes massive slowdown. I'll have to try the other difficulties. Maybe it's just Hard that's fucked up. (Though the first time this happened was after a Lunatic run, so I'm doubtful I'll be in the clear.) If that fails, I'll delete everything, reinstall, and start completely anew. If even that doesn't work, I may just have to stream every run, which will be a pain in the ass because it causes frameskipping (and perhaps latency). That or just keep taking screenshots... I guess.

Edit: Deleting the score.dat seems to have solved it, though I'll still be saving screenshots just in case.

About Reimu, you have to get obnoxiously close to things because her charge attack sucks. Not sure what else to say.

Hard - Youmu
Zil - 163,565,400 - C - Replay

Vengeance! I was in such a bad mood about this whole bullshit festival, but now I'm happy. :> And Youmu is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:24:38 PM by Zil »

« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
Yes, corrupted score.dats are likely the cause of it. It has happened to me on SA, which is why I use Tsym's.

Oh and you could try Dxtory instead of Fraps... it worked better for me.

Zil

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
Oh and you could try Dxtory instead of Fraps... it worked better for me.
Thanks for the recommendation. I tried the demo and it seemed to work pretty well. I'll have to try it out a bit more to see what it can do. Fraps is a dick, but it also possesses magical properties.

Hard - Mystia
Zil - 186,357,580 - C - Replay

I actually forgot that I'd just done Mystia, but now I've got a better score with a replay as well, so whatever. My choices are somewhat limited now because I have to unlock all the characters again. :p

Zil

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
Or you can use OBS.
This is in fact what I've been using to stream. I haven't gone all over every aspect of the config though, so I might be able to get it to work. I've only tried reducing the fps.

Not getting a full spell gauge because you used a spell shortly after taking a hit that brought you to your last half-orb of health isn't a glitch, and it certainly isn't "the" glitch.  It's part of the game.  An arguably stupid part, but a consistent part nonetheless.

Shouldn't blame the game for something you can avoid with proper timing.
Uhh, this does seem unwarranted. chum knows that it happens consistently and wasn't blaming it on bad luck or anything. It's hardly the first time anyone's complained about that, or called it glitch.

But I feel like there's something else going on here so I'll stay out of it.

« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
I had normal and hard #1 scores that were without replays for quite a long time. Apparently that rule is not followed.

About game crashing bug:

Game crashes:
*during replay saving
*after game ends and fading to white is over
*when quitting/closing the game

My findings:
*quit/closing crash is not score.dat related (just tested this for v1.00 and v1.50a by deleting score.dat, then starting and closing game)

I am currently using unpatched game v1.00 that has not crashed for a long time. However i also have a copy of v1.00 game that crashes, so i don't think it is the solution. Previously i used v1.50a, but that reverted back to crashing too quickly after a clean install.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:54:36 PM by touhoumaniac »

Zil

« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »
Yeah, I figured that rule was somewhat lenient given the game's tendency to simply deny you the replays. I've replaced most of them now anyway though. It's just the Tei thing left.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »
It's somewhat subjective but for the most part I'm not too worried about the replay rule for this one, due to the long history of people having issues with this game's replays since more or less the dawn of time. Of course if someone who's never posted before shows up with, say, 400m, I'd be compelled to ask a question or two before putting the score up, but it's largely the same group of trusted players playing this one over a long period of time, so I'm not too worried. If you can't get a replay though, a screenshot at least should be required for a 1st place score. I'll update the first post tomorrow in light of this.

And come on people, chillax. :V
Let's fight.

Zil

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
Hard - Cirno
Zil - 250,035,470 - C - Replay

My powers are returning! And now I've unlocked Tei once again. I'll try to beat that score so we can avoid using a screenshot.

Hard - Tei
Zil - 167,679,930 - C - Replay

While the rest of the world plays DDC, Zil can still be found in a dark, lonely corner, playing PoFV for score. And I lasted until 4:26 against Eiki this time. It was amazing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:23:34 PM by Zil »

Zil

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2013, 04:08:00 AM »
I've always seen that effect referred to as a glitch; I've called it a glitch myself a hundred times, and maybe it is wrong to call it one. It seemed weird that you'd suddenly correct chum about it now. Then assuming your intent was only to point out that it shouldn't be called a glitch, the second line seems to accuse him of something he didn't do. He didn't blame the game but rather mistakenly used to a term that carries that connotation. That's why, from my perspective, it seemed like an attack. The brevity of your second post made it seem kind of passive aggressive, which itself struck me as odd and was why I thought I was missing something.

I realize this probably doesn't concern me at all, but I already made that previous comment and felt like I should explain it. In any case it seems like this is a bizarre misunderstanding of some kind so I hope it's resolved painlessly.

And I'll just, uh, post this horrendous run with deaths everywhere.

Hard - Lyrica
Zil - 150,771,700 - C - Replay
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:15:19 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »
This is one of the most confusing feuds I've ever been a part of, ignoring my PM was not very smart if you actually wanted to get somewhere because your last post managed to make me even more unsure of what's going on. For real this time: no more of this shit here, PM me back if you want to continue the discussion.

and another shitty score

Lunatic - Cirno
chum - 190,548,000 - ALL - Image

Lunatic - Reisen
chum - 217,803,990- ALL - Replay
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:00:01 PM by helvetica »

Zil

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
Hard - Reisen
Zil - 258,376,520 - C - Replay

I think this run was pretty good. I died twice to Medicine though, iirc.

Hard - Marias
Zil - 220,797,600 - C - Replay

This was terrible. I kinda just realized the utility of Marisa's laser against Eiki. You can forego resetting to reverse the boss attacks since you can literally just destroy them instead, and sometimes get a G item out of it.

Normal - Sakuya
Zil - 147,617,360 - C - Replay

I guess I had to do Sakuya again to unlock more characters, so I went to Normal instead of doing Hard again. I'm not too sure what to expect on Normal, but I'd say this was awful just because the first round against Eiki was so short. Aya and Medi are up now. Ugh.

Normal - Aya
Zil - 79,927,750 - C - Replay

Half asleep. Horrible. But I don't care. This sot shucks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:21:07 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Normal - Shikieiki
chum - 259,442,180 - ALL - Image

Oh, Reimu Round 1 is so cool. I love it, too bad it takes so long to get there. Anyway, in my final attempt of the day, She lost at 2:55. Round one. Right after I got the glitch on my final hit. A glorious moment where at first I was screwed, and then I just won out of nowhere. I'll consider myself lucky since it didn't happen in a run that actually mattered. In this run however, IIRC I survived for 6~ minutes. Not great, but not awful either!

Now I'm wondering what the chances are that she'll actually lose... I've heard that Eiki's laser is to blame. Why can't, say, Mystia get Reimu as a final boss!?

Zil

« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
Nice score. Eiki's really fun to use, yeah. I can't wait until I'm reunited with her. The key to keeping Reimu alive is to avoid resetting your spell points, so you just don't summon any bosses and there's no chance of her eating a laser. Not getting unlucky helps too.

Hard - Medicine
Zil - 113,872,500 - C - Replay (No-Miss)

Reached 50mil pre clear bonus, which I think is pretty good for Medicine. It's such a shame she and Aya are broken; they'd be a blast to play if they weren't.

Normal - Yuuka
Zil - 170,327,080 - C - Replay

Pretty good up till stage 8, where I went full retard. I can see Yuuka reaching 200mil on any of the non Easy difficulties.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:24:58 PM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »
I'll have to pay more attention to that next time. It's just so chaotic that it never even crossed my mind that having a boss summoned could actually kill the AI. When the fight is going, all I'm thinking is a mixture of "Don't die" and "Get bonus".

Anyway, trying to improve my Cirno playing. It seems simple enough, I use level 2, try to cancel some bullets, then I use another... And so on and so forth, no real dodging necessary, but Eiki really complicates matters. No-missed to Eiki, lost to her thrice. Not only is she very troublesome when all the lightsabers change direction, but I just can't dodge them worth a damn with these fast characters, and I can't seem get into one of those spell fights with her where I can just use level 2 over and over. Very troublesome, but that's why I love her!

Lunatic - Cirno
chum - 221,026,210 - C - Image

Zil

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:36 PM »
I recommend resetting your spell points once you reach 500k against Eiki, instead of trying to stay at bonus, because of how dangerous her boss is. This is probably a good idea with any character, but Cirno especially because Eiki's unique bullets actually replicate themselves when they cross a vortex, and Cirno's freeze makes them unstack, practically doubling the number of bullets onscreen. It's the kiss of death when she uses that pattern that shoots the slow walls.

chum

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013, 07:04:06 AM »
Do you think that applies to every round or just the first? And what about lower difficulties? I did one run on Normal and decided to try to get bonus on Eiki.

Normal - Cirno
chum - 183,755,820 - C - Image

Zil

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2013, 07:37:50 AM »
It depends on how well you can survive without repelling her boss attacks. Since the first round is endless, you should probably avoid getting hit by any means necessary, but at the same time, you get so many points at bonus that it probably justifies dying a bit earlier to spend more time at it. So it's a bit of a balancing act. You don't want to play it too safe or you miss out on points, and you don't want to go overboard or you get hit and lose the chain anyway.

Personally I usually prioritize survival, even on Normal, and ideally reach a point where you can get to bonus almost instantly after resetting. What I said in the previous post probably wasn't worded quite right. I wouldn't reset the instant you reach 500k, but rather as soon as a boss appears (which is a bit riskier of course, but probably better unless you're really bad at resetting). Or you may try to chain through the boss, like if you've got a lot of energy, or a strong charge attack, etc. I was saying before that Marisa has an easy time killing bosses on her own, for instance, so keeping the chain through a boss is much easier with her.

So really it just depends on your ability to survive the bosses. Reaching bonus is naturally a good thing if you can do it without getting hit.

And as for the rounds after the first, it's a similar deal. Score as well as you can without losing, assuming your intention is, in fact, to win. With some characters suicides may be worthwhile, and then it may or may not be worth going all out. I admit that suicides, and which characters can get away with them, are an aspect of the scoring I'm too familiar with. It's obviously a good thing against stage 9 Reimu on Lunatic, for instance, but elsewhere it's not so clear.

As an example, I was looking at a Lyrica run I did a while ago, and how a second death impacted my score. It seems like it was a bad thing, but could've been good if I'd played better.
In fact, from the looks of it I earned about 3mil from chaining over the course of the third round (which is crap, I didn't reach bonus once), used 15 spells, which was worth 2,250,000 in the clear bonus, and used 7 boss attacks, all of which were also reversals, which was worth 2,100,000. So really, if the death hadn't cost me the last 30 seconds of the second round (and however many points I would have earned in that time), it would barely have made a dent in my score. With better chaining, it could even have been a good thing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:44:30 AM by Zil »

chum

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »
Thanks for all the wisdom!

Lunatic - Lyrica
chum - 152,217,440 - C - Image
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:55:24 AM by chum »

Zil

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2013, 06:01:15 AM »
No problem. There are few things I like more than prattling about the games I love. I just hope everything I say doesn't turn out to be wrong some time down the road.

edit: For instance, I think I just realized that the Eiki bullets don't pile up as they cross her EX vortexes. What actually seems to cause it is bullets spawning on top of overlapping vortexes creating several of them in the same instant.

Normal - Cirno
Zil - 212,100,720 - C - Replay

I lasted over 7 minutes against first round Eiki in this run. Aya killed me but that's not the end of the world. What really sucked though was Yuuka dying somewhere around 1:20. I reckon that cost me at least 40mil. She kinda ruins the fun of using Cirno, for me, since she does this all the time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:13:48 AM by Zil »