Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 - ダブルスポイラー ~ Double Spoiler. A spoiling article, ayaya  (Read 147990 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I hope you made a copy of the game folder before testing it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

lumber_of_the_beast

rename it.
Can't, it says it's being used by another person or program.

Reboot didn't fix it. upon further investigation, I discovered that it seemed to be a download quitting abruptly - I only have 64kb of the file.

Tengukami

Well that's a relief. Try it again.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

lumber_of_the_beast

Well that's a relief. Try it again.
Have a working custom(2).exe.

Still doesn't mean I can delete the original...

Uh... I was under the impression that all this happens with every game, so why 'lately'?

Maybe because a game was just released...?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Formless God shows you how not to do 3-4.

ilu
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
no that's just how to do it the fun way
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Tengukami

Formless God shows you how not to do 3-4.

ilu

This was pretty damn hilarious. And impressive!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Alright, so as a result of my research I have come to the conclusion that Hatate in fact does not speak in any kind of dialect, just more girly. Not sure where that guy on the wiki got that idea because I didn't really notice any kind of a dialect myself, but whatever, the problem should be settled now.

but the valspeak is being kept?  :ohdear:

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
but the valspeak is being kept?  :ohdear:
Oh, please, keep it! Or else, no likespam meme. D:

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
no likespam meme

Excellent argument for why it should be nuked. I wholeheartedly endorse this plan of action.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I've revised the Stage 1 cards with what I think is a decent equivalent, and I took out all the likes.

Lucarius

Alright, so as a result of my research I have come to the conclusion that Hatate in fact does not speak in any kind of dialect, just more girly. Not sure where that guy on the wiki got that idea because I didn't really notice any kind of a dialect myself, but whatever, the problem should be settled now.

ようわかったなぁも。いやー、本当気ぃ付けた方がええてえ。わいがいうたみやあなぁか。

実に難しいな、名古屋弁。多分間違いだらけだw。試しに使ってみたけどさ、明らかに違うよね。フォルザさんも御苦労▼でした。

でもさ、間違いがわかっても", like"と"totally"の的確な処置が施されないと意味ないよね。ここからは面倒ってかもうこれ以上ネタバレは御免なので、よろしくお願いしますわ~♪

I've revised the Stage 1 cards with what I think is a decent equivalent, and I took out all the likes.

一面ご苦労▼。個人的概念を除けば結構よくなったんじゃない?

It already exists, so yeah. People are going to think of Hatate as a valleygirl based on early translations regardless of the final product.

I knew this was coming. I hope they treat it more as ネタ than as an intentional thing by ZUN.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:38:21 PM by Lucarius »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
ようわかったなぁも。いやー、本当気を付けた方がええてえ。わいがいうたみやあなぁか。

実に難しいな、名古屋弁。多分間違いだらけだw。試しに使ってみたけどさ、明らかに違うよね。フォルザさんも御苦労▼でした。

でもさ、間違いがわかっても", like"と"totally"の的確な処置が施されないと意味ないよね。ここからは面倒ってかもうこれ以上ネタバレは御免なので、よろしくお願いしますわ~♪

一面ご苦労▼。個人的概念を除けば結構よくなったんじゃない?
キャァァァァァ 英語の翻訳♥ちょうだい↑

Oh, please, keep it! Or else, no likespam meme. D:
It already exists, so yeah. People are going to think of Hatate as a valleygirl based on early translations regardless of the final product.

Tengukami

Re: Touhou Project 12.5 - ~ Double Spoiler. A spoiling article, ayaya
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2010, 09:06:34 AM »
Those people are idiots. Who cares.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »
Or trolls, or people who need a good recurring gag for whatever reason...

Even if it's not true/faithful, it's not something to loathe and fear a la Kilga's post, especially since (evidently) the mistake wasn't obvious or intentional.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »
People still call Touhou Hisoutensoku/SWR 12.3 "Unthinkable Natural Law", despite the fact that this is what you get when you translate 非想天則 (Hisoutensoku) character-by-character into English. As you can see, we're not exactly talking about the brightest bulbs in the box, if you know what I mean.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2010, 05:56:52 PM »
People still call Touhou Hisoutensoku/SWR 12.3 "Unthinkable Natural Law", despite the fact that this is what you get when you translate 非想天則 (Hisoutensoku) character-by-character into English.

That's not what it's called? Is there a better translation? I honestly don't know, it's not like the name makes any more or less sense than any other given Touhou's.

« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
That's not what it's called? Is there a better translation? I honestly don't know, it's not like the name makes any more or less sense than any other given Touhou's.
12.3 is the only Touhou game without an official English name :V

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
I accepted UNL's name. It's easier to call that. And convenient.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I'll call it UNL for shorthand, but it (and iamp/suimusou) are the only touhou games I'll reguarly call by their Japanese title.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
i would call this by it's Japanese name just because it sounds funny.

Bunkachou.

Drake

I call every game but UNL by it's english title. UNL is still Hisoutensoku.
Even SWR is Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, despite being off by a character.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Starting to think that Hatate speaks like how I post (Really?/I think./Maybe./Anyways,/Kinda./)

My brain hurts.

Also, for all you UNL fans.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

I call it "Touhou 12.3". :smug:

Tengukami

I call it "Sancho".

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
I call it SWR2, goddamnit.
Or maybe just HSTS.