Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 4)  (Read 48372 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 4)
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2013, 03:44:26 AM »
>Let's have a closer look at this glowing map, see if we can find any of the names we've heard.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #361 on: November 17, 2013, 03:56:30 AM »
>Let's have a closer look at this glowing map, see if we can find any of the names we've heard.

> You take a look at the map.
> Right off the bat, you look for names you recognize.  Taking a close look at the buildings that have been marked off, you start to recognize some names: Eientei Yagokoro Clinic, Myouren Temple, Kaenbyou Eatery, and Yakumo Railways.  Voile Library is right under the community center's name, indicating that they are in the same building.
> The mountain range, too, seems to have villages and landmarks labeled.  There is one particularly big mountain illustrated here, with shrines dotting it at various points.  You recognize Genbu Ravine and the Tengu Village, right where they should be.  There's the Aki Shrine at the base of the mountain, Kagiyama Shrine somewhere between the Genbu Ravine and the Tengu Village, and finally, the Moriya Shrine at the very top.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #362 on: November 17, 2013, 04:00:23 AM »
>"What!"
>Now someone has a whole lot of explaining to do to our gohei!
>Compare this place to geographic knowledge of proper Gensokyo.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2013, 04:12:59 AM »
>"What!"
>Now someone has a whole lot of explaining to do to our gohei!
>Compare this place to geographic knowledge of proper Gensokyo.

> Someone's going to get it.  The Hakurei Shrine isn't even on this map!  Come to think of it, aside from the shops with names you recognized, you've never heard of a lot of these places before.  It's quite big, too.  Much bigger than Gensokyo.  There are more people, and youkai and humans mix freely.  There are also no "railways", and most of Gensokyo's mountains are in the horizon and blocked off by hostile forests.  This place, "Nakashima", appears to be in the same general location as the Human Village, except this place hardly resembles the Human Village at all.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #364 on: November 17, 2013, 04:18:20 AM »
>Let's consider our rogue's gallery for a minute. Who do we feel is most likely to blame for this?

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #365 on: November 17, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »
> Also, try to trace our steps backwards on the map, and see what's listed in the area around the ginger shrine.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2013, 02:03:01 PM »
>Let's consider our rogue's gallery for a minute. Who do we feel is most likely to blame for this?

> You think back to the pictures.  You're sure it can't be Sanae, because according to this map, her shrine is at the top of this mountain.  It could have been you, because the place you found it in was very familiar, but at the same time...you sort of doubt it.  Your only other idea is that it was one of the girls in the picture with the clover(? ? ?), unless the artist doesn't like self portraits.

> Also, try to trace our steps backwards on the map, and see what's listed in the area around the ginger shrine.

> You trace back on the map through Yukimura, which is a smear of a village compared to Nakashima, all the way to the surrounding forest.  Nothing in this area is labeled.

> _

« Reply #367 on: November 17, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
> So we went from underwater mansion to mystery shrine literally in the middle of nowhere. Fun. Let's see... someone with the same last name as Rin set up an... eatery? Let's go get a bite to eat and shake them down for information.
> ... Do we have any money?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #368 on: November 17, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
> So we went from underwater mansion to mystery shrine literally in the middle of nowhere. Fun. Let's see... someone with the same last name as Rin set up an... eatery? Let's go get a bite to eat and shake them down for information.
> ... Do we have any money?

> You really...have no idea what's going on here.  At the very least, though, there are places to eat here.
> You have 1265μ at the moment.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: November 17, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
>Let's go visit Soylent Kaenbyou's. Answers shall be had.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
>Let's go visit Soylent Kaenbyou's. Answers shall be had.

> Leaving the community center, you take to the streets and make your way towards Kaenbyou's Eatery.
> It takes a while.  You almost get lost several times, but you manage to remember the path as you make your way south.
> You find yourself in a street where the air smells sweet and good.  There are many restaurants and food stalls around here, most notably your destination, which stands tall and proud among the rest of the buildings.  This one seems to be the popular restaurant.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
>Scan the area for a familiar red-haired youkai.
>If we do not see her, head inside.

« Reply #372 on: November 17, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »
> Do we smell meat pies? Do we hear singing barbers above the place?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #373 on: November 17, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »
>Scan the area for a familiar red-haired youkai.
>If we do not see her, head inside.

> Do we smell meat pies? Do we hear singing barbers above the place?

> In the crowd, you see no one you recognize, so you head on into the restaurant.
> The first thing you see when you step inside is a waiting area, packed with people.  A counter, manned by a young woman with light brown braids and a black cap, separates this area from the main dining area, tables and booths filled with people.  Waiters and waitresses bustle around the tables with trays of food and dirty dishes.  A hostess leads a group of visitors up the stairs, followed closely by an unrelated waitress carrying a covered dish.
> You don't see or smell any of that see a few red-headed youkai in here, but none of them look familiar to you.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
>Head to the counter. and get Counterman's attention.
>"Excuse me. Is Kaenbyou here?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #375 on: November 17, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
>Head to the counter. and get Counterman's attention.
>"Excuse me. Is Kaenbyou here?"

> You push your way past the people at the counter and confront the girl at the counter.
> "Yer gonna have to specify which Kaenbyou," the girl says, giving you an unsure smile.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #376 on: November 17, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
>There's more than one?
>"Rin, the Kasha."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
>There's more than one?
>"Rin, the Kasha."

> Noooo!
> "She's workin' right now," the girl says.  "Are you a friend?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
>"A very good friend. Tell her it's Reimu."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
>"A very good friend. Tell her it's Reimu."

> "Alright, then.  'Reimu'," the girl notes.  "I can't pull her outta work right now, but she's done at 5 so I'll catch her on the way out."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
>"It's an emergency."
>Is this snot-nosed punk trying to give us the business a youkai?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
>"It's an emergency."
>Is this snot-nosed punk trying to give us the business a youkai?

> "And as you can see, we're very busy right now an' there's no one to take her place," the girl says, glancing at the customers who were already at the counter.
> "I'm sorry, I'll be with you in a minute," she says to them.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »
>Long, uncomfortable look.
>"Your customers can wait a teeny bit longer. I said this was an emergency, didn't I? Do you think I'm lying? Do you think I just waltzed in off the street just to ruin your day? I need to talk with her, it's very important. Just tell her I need to talk with her, alright?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »
>Long, uncomfortable look.
>"Your customers can wait a teeny bit longer. I said this was an emergency, didn't I? Do you think I'm lying? Do you think I just waltzed in off the street just to ruin your day? I need to talk with her, it's very important. Just tell her I need to talk with her, alright?"

> You try to make the girl as uncomfortable as possible by staring at her.  She stares back with a steely gaze of her own.
> "And leave the counter?  I--"  Just then, a waitress passes by.  The girl waves her down.
> "Hey, is there anyone who can cover fer Rin?" she asks.  The waitress, a tiny woman with four arms and her hair in a bun, gives the counter girl and you a slightly bewildered look.
> "Ah no I don't believe there is.  Now, if I'll excuse me--"
> The waitress keeps walking.
> The girl turns back to you.  "Listen, yer either gonna hafta leave, wait for Rin's shift to be done, or wait for a table since yer already here, okay?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
>Look toward the crowd and the diners. Does there seem to be a fair deal of humans among them? And do at least some of meals seem to be meat-oriented?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »
>Look toward the crowd and the diners. Does there seem to be a fair deal of humans among them? And do at least some of meals seem to be meat-oriented?

> There are both humans and youkai here, but humans seem to be the majority.  Glancing at the chalkboard menu near the counter, meat does seem to be the main focus here.  However, there appear to be vegetarian options as well.  A vegan would not be able to get anything here.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
>"Pardon me."
>Float up a couple feet in the air.
>Shout: "Attention everyone! Can I have your attention, please!"
>"I've been following a recent series of murders, and the trail has led me to this restaurant. The staff has refused to allow me to investigate the kitchens. While I'm not making any accusation, I feel you should all be informed of this!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #387 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »
>"Pardon me."
>Float up a couple feet in the air.
>Shout: "Attention everyone! Can I have your attention, please!"
>"I've been following a recent series of murders, and the trail has led me to this restaurant. The staff has refused to allow me to investigate the kitchens. While I'm not making any accusation, I feel you should all be informed of this!"

> You decide to stir things up a little.
> The girl at the counter gives you a half-confused, half-frustrated look as the restaurant goes quiet.  A waiter, while staring at you, almost trips over a chair.  A woman sitting at a booth with her husband looks down at her meal and slowly lowers her fork.  Some people in the waiting area start to murmur, particularly the few oni who are present.  A bob-haired tengu moseys her way over to one and joins in on the conversation.  The waitress the girl at the counter flagged down earlier looks extremely confused and keeps giving nearby coworkers lost glances.
> One of the hostesses, a raven-haired girl with a green ribbon and wings, squeaks in surprise.  She cries, "M-murders?!  I don't remember that in the newspaper!"
> "I haven't, either..."
> "Could it be from the city?"
> "I'm sure I would have seen something on TV."
> "Hey, who is this girl?"
> The girl at the counter just sighs and puts her head in her hands as the worried conversation starts to grow.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »
>"I'm a shrine maiden investigating this, and the murders only happened just today!"
>Settle back down.
>"There. I told you it was an emergency."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
>"I'm a shrine maiden investigating this, and the murders only happened just today!"
>Settle back down.
>"There. I told you it was an emergency."

> "Are you from the mountain?" someone from the crowd calls out.  "Which shrine?"
> The girl at the counter turns to the black-haired waitress.  "Okuu, couldja be a doll and get Rin?"
> "Whuh--"  The waitress looks on the verge of tears.  "Okay!"
> She turns back to you as the girl hurries off.  She just shakes her head.

> _