Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157647 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #780 on: May 13, 2011, 05:35:26 AM »
>Shiki: "And what gives you the right to decide this?"
>"...Not that I don't want to answer your question, but I'd rather save the questions for when we meet. Also, what happened to your refusal to respond to my snark?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:25:22 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #781 on: May 13, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
>Koishi: "Um, because the rest of us starting talking to you? This isn't just you taunting Shiki. We're all having a conversation now."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #782 on: May 13, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »
>Koishi: "Um, because the rest of us starting talking to you? This isn't just you taunting Shiki. We're all having a conversation now."
>"And I only started talking with the rest of you because Shikieiki here stopped ignoring my comments."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #783 on: May 13, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »
>Deschampsia Doctor: Shake head. "I did nothing more than I had been, relaying your occasional statement when it seemed pertinent to do so."
>Yuyucky Mountains: "Oh, it's one of those kind of people, then?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #784 on: May 14, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »
>Deschampsia Doctor: Shake head. "I did nothing more than I had been, relaying your occasional statement when it seemed pertinent to do so."
>"Okay...then."

>Yuyucky Mountains: "Oh, it's one of those kind of people, then?"
>Koishi says "Wait, what kind of people?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »
>Yuyuko: "Those kinds of people."
>Koishi: ...
>"Huh?"
>Suika: "Well, I know you're telling us to fix this gap problem but then you're telling us you're not going to let Yukari help us, so I say you're just a jerk. And a coward, since you won't show your face."
>Drink.
>"And don't give me this crap about taking things away to test us. What the hell good's a test if you have to weaken someone for it? It wouldn't mean a thing! I wouldn't want to fight someone who's under a handicap; where's the fun in beating someone who can't give it everything they've got?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Those kinds of people."
>Koishi: ...
>"Huh?"
>Suika: "Well, I know you're telling us to fix this gap problem but then you're telling us you're not going to let Yukari help us, so I say you're just a jerk. And a coward, since you won't show your face."
>Drink.
>"And don't give me this crap about taking things away to test us. What the hell good's a test if you have to weaken someone for it? It wouldn't mean a thing! I wouldn't want to fight someone who's under a handicap; where's the fun in beating someone who can't give it everything they've got?"
>"Taking away the thing people value most forces them to re-examine themselves. Also, call me a coward all you want, but I'm not going to continue telling you my motives and stuff." Every one of you except Eiki hear a BZZT noise in your head.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:31:25 PM by Salvatore Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #787 on: May 14, 2011, 05:46:58 PM »
>...
>Re-examine themselves, huh? I'm onto your, um, game, parser.
>Suika: "Jerk."
>Reimu: "I'm thinking this conversation's done."
>Shiki: "Back to business, then. Patchouli, have you found anything further in that book?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #788 on: May 15, 2011, 12:24:40 AM »
>...
>Re-examine themselves, huh? I'm onto your, um, game, parser.
>Can you tell if it involves reapers?

>Suika: "Jerk."
>Reimu: "I'm thinking this conversation's done."
>Shiki: "Back to business, then. Patchouli, have you found anything further in that book?"
>"Not quite yet."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #789 on: May 15, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »
>Can you tell if it involves reapers?

>Nothing certain yet, but there's a good chance of it.
>Shiki: "Let us wait, then."
>While waiting: Shiki: "You know, a thought has just occurred to me. The goddesses Kanako and Suwako and their maiden have successfully traveled from one world to another."
>Reimu: "They only came here from the outside world."
>Shiki: "It may still be worth asking them about it if Patchouli doesn't find anything."
>Party: Wait for Patchouli to finish looking through her book.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
>Nothing certain yet, but there's a good chance of it.
>Weeeeeell.....

>Shiki: "Let us wait, then."
>While waiting: Shiki: "You know, a thought has just occurred to me. The goddesses Kanako and Suwako and their maiden have successfully traveled from one world to another."
>Reimu: "They only came here from the outside world."
>Shiki: "It may still be worth asking them about it if Patchouli doesn't find anything."
>Reimu replies "It's not like they're totally separate worlds, though."

>Party: Wait for Patchouli to finish looking through her book.
>You wait for Patchouli to look through her book. After a few moments, she says "How much do you know about the world you wish to enter?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #791 on: May 15, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »
>Shiki: "Not much, sadly."
>Summarize what we know about it.
>"The most notable part is most certainly that people there know about us; the thoughts influencing people's actions seem to be originating in that world."
>Yuyuko :"You saw it through the gaps, right, Yukari? Anything to add?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #792 on: May 15, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »
>Shiki: "Not much, sadly."
>Summarize what we know about it.
>"The most notable part is most certainly that people there know about us; the thoughts influencing people's actions seem to be originating in that world."
>Patchouli nods through all this.

>Yuyuko :"You saw it through the gaps, right, Yukari? Anything to add?"
>"Well, it certainly is a world like ours."
>Patchouli shakes her head. "That's not of much use. The book says I need to know the name of the world you wish to go to."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #793 on: May 16, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »
>Yuyuko: "I don't suppose you know that, do you, Yukari? You know the names of all sorts of worlds, right?"
>If Yukari doesn't know: "How could we find out?" Direct this question to Patchy, too.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #794 on: May 16, 2011, 05:49:55 AM »
>Yuyuko: "I don't suppose you know that, do you, Yukari? You know the names of all sorts of worlds, right?"
>Yukari replies "This particular one is unfamiliar to me."

>If Yukari doesn't know: "How could we find out?" Direct this question to Patchy, too.
>"Apparently, one can only find out when somebody else tells them or they stumble upon it by accident. Nobody has ever intentionally went to another world without knowing its name."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #795 on: May 16, 2011, 06:12:24 AM »
>Reimu: "And we can't go through these gaps or send anything else through. We've seen what happenes if you try; it all keeps going as if there isn't a gap there at all."
>Shiki: "Hmm... well, there are a few options at the moment. As was recently mentioned, Kanako and Suwako brought their shrine here from the outside world. That may not be the same thing as travel between worlds like we're talking about, but she may still be able to assist us. There's also the issue of this 'Rathi Overlay', which may very well be what's causing these gaps to appear in the first place. It may be a good idea to find someone who knows more about it. Eirin, perhaps. We were going to ask her about travel to other worlds anyways, I believe. Heida no Akyu mayalso be worth a visit; with her flawless memory and extensive records, she may have some pieces of useful information."
>Koishi: "Or we could find that voice."
>Reimu: "Yeah, but we kind of don't know where to look, and even when we did have a clue, it didn't really work."
>Suika: "Maybe I should just gather jerks here."
>Reimu: "Yeah, I don't think that'll work, either. So it sounds like our best options at the moment are Kanako, Eirin, and Akyu."
>Shiki: "Let us speak with Eirin first."
>Reimu: "Works for me."
>Yuyuko: "Gap, please."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #796 on: May 16, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »
>Reimu: "And we can't go through these gaps or send anything else through. We've seen what happenes if you try; it all keeps going as if there isn't a gap there at all."
>Shiki: "Hmm... well, there are a few options at the moment. As was recently mentioned, Kanako and Suwako brought their shrine here from the outside world. That may not be the same thing as travel between worlds like we're talking about, but she may still be able to assist us. There's also the issue of this 'Rathi Overlay', which may very well be what's causing these gaps to appear in the first place. It may be a good idea to find someone who knows more about it. Eirin, perhaps. We were going to ask her about travel to other worlds anyways, I believe. Heida no Akyu mayalso be worth a visit; with her flawless memory and extensive records, she may have some pieces of useful information."
>Koishi: "Or we could find that voice."
>Reimu: "Yeah, but we kind of don't know where to look, and even when we did have a clue, it didn't really work."
>Suika: "Maybe I should just gather jerks here."
>Reimu: "Yeah, I don't think that'll work, either. So it sounds like our best options at the moment are Kanako, Eirin, and Akyu."
>Shiki: "Let us speak with Eirin first."
>Reimu: "Works for me."
>Yuyuko: "Gap, please."
>After a few seconds, a gap appears.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #797 on: May 16, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »
>Party: Enter the gap.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #798 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
>Party: Enter the gap.
>You enter the gap, and end up at the front of Eientei. As usual, it's pretty quiet and grassy out here. Around the clearing are bamboo trees. I must try to break this beige prose thing I've got going on.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #799 on: May 17, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »
>Shiki: "Okay, Reimu, let's not just barge in like you did at the shrine, okay?"
>Suika: Barge in.
>Shiki: Facepalm.
>Party: Follow Suika in and find someone to lead us to Eirin.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #800 on: May 17, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
>Deschampsia Doggy: We probably know the way by now. So lead the way!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #801 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
>Shiki: "Okay, Reimu, let's not just barge in like you did at the shrine, okay?"
>Reimu says "Ri-"

>Suika: Barge in.
>Shiki: Facepalm.
>These people don't have any manners.

>Party: Follow Suika in and find someone to lead us to Eirin.
>You follow Suika in and see nobody around. There's probably some rabbits in the nearby rooms...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #802 on: May 17, 2011, 01:53:17 AM »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #803 on: May 17, 2011, 04:23:21 AM »
How the hell did I miss that?

>You remember the directions and walk through the hallway. You eventually find yourself at where you think Eirin's office should be and open a door to your left.
>You find Eirin sitting at her desk and Yorihime in a nearby chair. Eirin looks up and says "Hello. I suppose you have something new to tell me?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #804 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:55 AM »
>Shiki: "We do."
>Summarize what's happened since our last visit.
>"So there are two things we would like to ask you. First, we need some way to travel to this other world. We do not know its name, which Patchouli says is necessary for every method she knows of. I believe Yukari could identify the world as the correct one, but we'd have to be able to get to other worlds first. Do you know of any ways to travel between worlds, or do you know of anyone who might have a way to do so?"
>"And second, there is the issue of the Rathi Overlay. Do you know anything about such a thing, or do you know of anyone who might?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #805 on: May 18, 2011, 01:45:39 AM »
>Shiki: "We do."
>Summarize what's happened since our last visit.
>You summarize what happened since you visited Eirin, which takes a rather long time as you describe getting Suika, your visit to the library, and the contents of your books.
>"That explains the oni..."

>"So there are two things we would like to ask you. First, we need some way to travel to this other world. We do not know its name, which Patchouli says is necessary for every method she knows of. I believe Yukari could identify the world as the correct one, but we'd have to be able to get to other worlds first. Do you know of any ways to travel between worlds, or do you know of anyone who might have a way to do so?"
>"The Lunarians do have technology to go to other worlds. However, where in the universe is the world you want to go to?"
>Yorihime opens her mouth as if to say something, then closes it again. "I trust you know what you're doing, Eirin."

>"And second, there is the issue of the Rathi Overlay. Do you know anything about such a thing, or do you know of anyone who might?"
>"I'm afraid not."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:32 AM »
>Shiki: "I do not know where this world is located. Perhaps Yukari can help with that. Yukari?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2011, 03:18:40 AM »
>Shiki: "I do not know where this world is located. Perhaps Yukari can help with that. Yukari?"
>"I'm afraid I can't help you right now. The being behind all this is sapping my powers, after all."
>Eirin mutters something too quiet for you to understand what she's saying.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:43:00 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:50 AM »
>Shiki: "I got the idea when you examined those gaps that you had identified the world to which they led. I had hoped that meant you knew its location. My mistake."
>Reimu: "Wait, would you recognize the world if you saw pictures of it or something?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2011, 03:43:20 AM »
>Shiki: "I got the idea when you examined those gaps that you had identified the world to which they led. I had hoped that meant you knew its location. My mistake."
>"Mmhmm."

>Reimu: "Wait, would you recognize the world if you saw pictures of it or something?"
>"Perhaps. However, the Lunarians haven't arrived at very many inhabitable worlds, much less inhabited worlds."