Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157613 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #660 on: April 30, 2011, 05:38:48 AM »
>Shiki: "Try other worlds. As many as you can. Preferably including ones you've successfully opened gaps to in the past."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #661 on: April 30, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »
>Shiki: "Try other worlds. As many as you can. Preferably including ones you've successfully opened gaps to in the past."
>Yukari replies "Right." She then starts muttering, as if listing off worlds. "Narnia? No....Mirrodin? No...the Kingdom of Loathing? No...Cephiro? No...Mid-Childa? No..." She then stops muttering. "Odd, it doesn't seem to be working at all."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #662 on: April 30, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »
>Shiki: "So it's not the world those other gaps are to that's the problem, then. It looks like something's preventing you from opening gaps that lead outside of Gensokyo."
>"Reimu, can you feel anything different about the Hakurei Border?"
>Yuyuko: "Can't this shrine act as a gateway to the outside world? Does that gateway still work, Reimu?"
>Shiki: "Yukari, are you still able to open a gap to the outside world? Check Makai, Higan, and the Netherworld while you're at it, please."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #663 on: May 01, 2011, 05:26:28 AM »
>Shiki: "So it's not the world those other gaps are to that's the problem, then. It looks like something's preventing you from opening gaps that lead outside of Gensokyo."
>Suika says "Thiiiis could be trouble."

>"Reimu, can you feel anything different about the Hakurei Border?"
>"No, it seems to be the same as always."

>Yuyuko: "Can't this shrine act as a gateway to the outside world? Does that gateway still work, Reimu?"
>"I'll check." Reimu flies over to the other end of a shrine, which seems to be an exit to the outside world, then comes back. "Still works."

>Shiki: "Yukari, are you still able to open a gap to the outside world? Check Makai, Higan, and the Netherworld while you're at it, please."
>"Hmm...I can still open gates to those places, although it is more difficult than normal."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #664 on: May 01, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »
>Reimu: "Okay, this can't be good."
>Shiki: "It would seem that whatever is going on here is much bigger than I initially thought."
>Yuyuko: "Yukari, do you know how anybody could seal off an entire world? "Cause, you know, that seems to have happened to us."
>Shiki: "If she did, she likely would have already said so. Borders are her area of expertise, not seals."
>Koishi: "Then we go find someone who is an expert on seals. What about that temple lady?"
>Shiki: "Byakuren? She was trapped by a seal, but I'm not sure how much she actually knows about them. But yes, looking for such a person is a good next step. I think it's also worth looking into how people's perceptions are being gathered. That's why we came looking for you, Suika. It seems as though perceptions are being gathered, likely from a wide total area. This is part of the compulsion process, and is no doubt important to whatever plan is ultimately in motion here. This gathering is likely an integral part of said plan, and gathering is your area of expertise. In addition, whoever's behind this is likely quite powerful, and we may be in for some challenging battles. And you, as I understand, are quite capable in combat. Given both of those facts, I would like to ask you to join us."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #665 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »
>Reimu: "Okay, this can't be good."
>Shiki: "It would seem that whatever is going on here is much bigger than I initially thought."
>Yuyuko: "Yukari, do you know how anybody could seal off an entire world? "Cause, you know, that seems to have happened to us."
>Yukari says "Actually-"

>Shiki: "If she did, she likely would have already said so. Borders are her area of expertise, not seals."
>Yukari says "Looks like I didn't need to answer."

>Koishi: "Then we go find someone who is an expert on seals. What about that temple lady?"
>Shiki: "Byakuren? She was trapped by a seal, but I'm not sure how much she actually knows about them. But yes, looking for such a person is a good next step. I think it's also worth looking into how people's perceptions are being gathered. That's why we came looking for you, Suika. It seems as though perceptions are being gathered, likely from a wide total area. This is part of the compulsion process, and is no doubt important to whatever plan is ultimately in motion here. This gathering is likely an integral part of said plan, and gathering is your area of expertise. In addition, whoever's behind this is likely quite powerful, and we may be in for some challenging battles. And you, as I understand, are quite capable in combat. Given both of those facts, I would like to ask you to join us."
>"Aww. And I wanted to slack off."

>"Hoo boy, prepare to be sorely disappointed when you find out that this isn't part of some Great Work."
>You're really abusing your right to not be believed to say potential bullshit, aren't you?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #666 on: May 01, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
>You're really abusing your right to not be believed to say potential bullshit, aren't you?

>?

>Shiki: "So, Suika, was that a yes or a no?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #667 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
>Lil Reirei: "You know, I remember Eirin saying something about making the world into a sealed chamber. Or was it Reisen talking about her? Either one."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #668 on: May 01, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »
>?
>Parser directly addressing the voice. It's happened before. Yes, the fourth wall is a mess.

>Shiki: "So, Suika, was that a yes or a no?"
>Suik replies "That was a yes."

>Lil Reirei: "You know, I remember Eirin saying something about making the world into a sealed chamber. Or was it Reisen talking about her? Either one."
>Yukari says "That would be the moon incident, where Eirin sealed the earth off from the moon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: May 01, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »
>Terapin Trapper: "Well, would these things been related? it's sealing off, after all."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #670 on: May 01, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »
>No 'Suika joins the party' message?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #671 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
>Terapin Trapper: "Well, would these things been related? it's sealing off, after all."
>Yukari says "No. If Gensokyo is sealed off, I would still have access to these other worlds. My powers bypass such things. Perhaps something weakened my gap powers somehow?"

>No 'Suika joins the party' message?
>Forgot. Suika joins the party!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:35:22 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #672 on: May 02, 2011, 12:44:16 AM »
>Turtle Trampler: "You are being much too nonchalant about that, Yukari!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #673 on: May 02, 2011, 12:57:34 AM »
>Turtle Trampler: "You are being much too nonchalant about that, Yukari!"
>"I can panic later. I don't think there's time for me to panic now."
>Yukari's voice sounds less amicable and more serious, though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:00:16 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #674 on: May 02, 2011, 01:41:49 AM »
>Shiki: "Has anything else unusual been happening to you lately? Dreams, hearing voices, unusual thoughts and/or emotions, that sort of thing? Because if so, then you're likely being targeted, too."
>Yuyuko: "Can we test if you're actually weakening? Like, say, open gaps that would be progressively more difficult and see where you stop being able to?"
>Shiki: "There's an idea. Can you get to closer worlds? Because if so, we could relay through worlds to get to the one the gaps in people's minds lead to."
>List stats and abilities for Suika.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #675 on: May 02, 2011, 06:48:13 AM »
>Shiki: "Has anything else unusual been happening to you lately? Dreams, hearing voices, unusual thoughts and/or emotions, that sort of thing? Because if so, then you're likely being targeted, too."
>"I've not experienced those kinds of things."

>Yuyuko: "Can we test if you're actually weakening? Like, say, open gaps that would be progressively more difficult and see where you stop being able to?"
>"We can."

>Shiki: "There's an idea. Can you get to closer worlds? Because if so, we could relay through worlds to get to the one the gaps in people's minds lead to."
>"Closer world? Several of the worlds I attempted to open a gap to previously are very close to ours. I don't think that will work."

>List stats and abilities for Suika.
>HP/ATK/DEF/SP.ATK/SP.DEF/SPEED
>Suika (High/Very High/Medium-Low/Medium/Medium/Low)
>Abilities:
  >Great Danmaku Skills
  >Destructive Danmaku
    >You can sometimes make your opponents forget things with the sheer power of your danmaku barrages!
  >Super Strength
    >You can tear down Youkai Mountain and shatter the sky with your bare hands!
  >Manipulation of Density
    >You can control density in all its forms, like attracting or splitting groups of people or creatures little clones of yourself from your hair.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #676 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »
>Suika: Drink.
>Shiki: "Do what Yuyuko suggested, then, please."
>Suika: Belch.
>Everyone else: Look at Suika.
>Suika: "What?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #677 on: May 02, 2011, 05:12:39 PM »
>Suika: Drink.
>You drink from your gourd of infinite sake.

>Shiki: "Do what Yuyuko suggested, then, please."
>Yukari replies "Understood."
>You hear silence for a few seconds.
>"I can only open gaps slightly larger than myself now."

>Suika: Belch.
>BUUURRRP!

>Everyone else: Look at Suika.
>What the...?

>Suika: "What?"
>You have every right to belch here!

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #678 on: May 02, 2011, 05:31:38 PM »
>Density Demoness: Offer Koishi a drink.
>Turtle Trainer: "For comparison, how's that compare to what you can usually do?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #679 on: May 02, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »
>Density Demoness: Offer Koishi a drink.
>You offer Koishi a drink. She says "Uhhh..."

>Turtle Trainer: "For comparison, how's that compare to what you can usually do?"
>"I can usually create gaps twice as large as Gensokyo. Perhaps larger. Maybe I can usually create even larger gaps, but it takes a bit of effort that I typically don't want or need to exert."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #680 on: May 02, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »
>Shiki: "That's... significant.  Test your general power level, please. Mine has been dropping; has yours dropped?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #681 on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:53 PM »
>Shiki: "That's... significant.  Test your general power level, please. Mine has been dropping; has yours dropped?"
>"No, it has not."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2011, 12:08:21 AM »
>Shiki: "And no dreams or voices. If this is the same thing that's happening to me, it must not be very far along yet."
>"Hmm... well, we know perceptions of people are being gathered. That means thoughts are being gathered. And that means someone's getting access to those thoughts. So Suika, you might be able to help us figure something out. If we were near someone whose thoughts are being gathered, could you tell us anything about how it's being done?"
>"And Koishi, you're the mental expert here. Would these things come from the concious or subconcious mind?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #683 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:12 AM »
>Shiki: "And no dreams or voices. If this is the same thing that's happening to me, it must not be very far along yet."
>"Hmm... well, we know perceptions of people are being gathered. That means thoughts are being gathered. And that means someone's getting access to those thoughts. So Suika, you might be able to help us figure something out. If we were near someone whose thoughts are being gathered, could you tell us anything about how it's being done?"
>Suika replies "Yeah, I can do that."

>"And Koishi, you're the mental expert here. Would these things come from the conscious or subconscious mind?"
>"Sometimes conscious, sometimes unconscious. It depends whether people are actually thinking about Sakuya or Meiling at the time. If they are, it's in the conscious. If they're not thinking about it, which is most of the time, it's stored in the unconscious."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:04 AM »
>Shiki: "Probably unconcioous, then. Good. That's your specialty."
>Yuyuko: "Oh? Do you have a plan?"
>Shiki: "I wouldn't really call it a plan. We're simply going to look for people whose perceptions are being gathered and see what Suika and Koishi can tell us."
>Suika: "'Kay."
>Koishi: "Got it."
>Reimu: "Okay, so what'd be the best place?"
>Shiki: "We can probably assume that all the compulsion cases function in the same manner, so thoughts are being gathered about numerous people. So far, we know of Youmu, Meiling, Sakuya, and Ran."
>Any: Which villages or other places have the most interaction with each of those people?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2011, 06:50:53 AM »
>Shiki: "Probably unconscious, then. Good. That's your specialty."
>"Gah, I'm not so sure anymore."

>Yuyuko: "Oh? Do you have a plan?"
>Shiki: "I wouldn't really call it a plan. We're simply going to look for people whose perceptions are being gathered and see what Suika and Koishi can tell us."
>Suika: "'Kay."
>Koishi: "Got it."
>Reimu: "Okay, so what'd be the best place?"
>Shiki: "We can probably assume that all the compulsion cases function in the same manner, so thoughts are being gathered about numerous people. So far, we know of Youmu, Meiling, and Sakuya., and Ran."
>Only Yuyuko knows about Ran so far. She hasn't alerted the others.
>You lay out your plan.

>Any: Which villages or other places have the most interaction with each of those people?
>Sakuya and Youmu have visited the Human Village before, but rarely. Meiling never seems to leave the mansion.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »
>Shiki: "Hold on. Koishi, what do you meaa, you're not so sure any more?"
>Reimu: "Okay, let's head back to Misty Lake. That's probably the best bet; the fairies there should at least know who China is. And if not, the SDM staff certianly knows both her and Sakuya."
>Yuyuko: "Sounds good. Yukari?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #687 on: May 04, 2011, 12:17:34 AM »
>Shiki: "Hold on. Koishi, what do you mean, you're not so sure any more?"
>"Now that I think a bit more, it's probable that the memories we're looking for are stored in the conscious."

>Reimu: "Okay, let's head back to Misty Lake. That's probably the best bet; the fairies there should at least know who China is. And if not, the SDM staff certainly knows both her and Sakuya."
>Yuyuko: "Sounds good. Yukari?"
>"I think that these perceptions are from people in the world past the gap, and that world isn't ours. We can't get to it either unless we stumble upon a convenient gap somewhere, but that's terribly unlikely. I don't think your current plan will work."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:07:40 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »
>And the fourth wall is destroyed.
>Reimu: "Right. So we need to get to this other world, but we can't."
>Shiki: "Correction: Yukari can't get us there. There are other ways to travel between worlds. We merely have to find one."
>Koishi: "Hold on, didn't you guys hear what she said?"
>Yuyuko: "What about it?"
>Koishi: "If these perceptions are coming from another world, then how do the people there know about us?"
>Pause
>Shiki: "That's a good point. Yukari, do you know of any other worlds that might know things about this one in some manner?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #689 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:49 AM »
>And the fourth wall is destroyed.
>The world where the gaps are leading to is not exactly ours...but not exactly...not ours, either...
>"Yeah, careful with the spoilers there, buddy."

>Reimu: "Right. So we need to get to this other world, but we can't."
>Shiki: "Correction: Yukari can't get us there. There are other ways to travel between worlds. We merely have to find one."
>Koishi: "Hold on, didn't you guys hear what she said?"
>Yuyuko: "What about it?"
>Koishi: "If these perceptions are coming from another world, then how do the people there know about us?"
>Pause
>Shiki: "That's a good point. Yukari, do you know of any other worlds that might know things about this one in some manner?"
>"I don't know."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:55:37 AM by Salvatore Blitzer »