Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157621 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2011, 03:35:46 AM »
>Yuyuko: Exit Meiling's subconcious (alongside Yukari if she's still in there).
>Party: Follow Rikako to the next gap.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:37:31 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2011, 04:01:42 AM »
>Yuyuko: Exit Meiling's subconcious (alongside Yukari if she's still in there).
>"So we're all leaving? Right, right."
>She opens a gap which you and she exit through.

>Party: Follow Rikako to the next gap.
>You all follow Rikako to the next gap.
>You all stumble into a very clean kitchen. The floor is white. There are counters and shelves all over the place. Sakuya is next to one of them, and it looks like she's preparing some food.
>Obvious exits are North, South, and East.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:42 AM »
>Shiki: "Hello again, Sakuya."
>When Sakuya notices Yukari's presence: Yuyuko: "She's giving us a hand. Turns out there's a gap in your head. Meiling's, too."
>Shiki: "Rikako, is the gap indeed in her?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2011, 04:32:37 AM »
>Shiki: "Hello again, Sakuya."
>"Hello."

>When Sakuya notices Yukari's presence: Yuyuko: "She's giving us a hand. Turns out there's a gap in your head. Meiling's, too."
>She silently looks at you with disbelief.

>Shiki: "Rikako, is the gap indeed in her?"
>"Yeah."
>Sakuya says "Did Yukari make some mistake or something?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2011, 04:56:32 AM »
>Yuyuko: "Nope. She can't do anything to these gaps for some reason. We don't know why."
>Reimu: "We think they're what's been causing all the, uh, problems."
>Shiki: "Apparently, there's no way for us to pass through these gaps, but Yukari says she can make a gap of her own to the same place the one in Meiling's head is to. However, I thought we should first look at the one in your head. We have no idea what we're dealing with, here; it's possible the gaps may not even be to the same place."
>Koishi: "Yukari'll take us in your head so we can look at the gap. Don't worry, we won't touch anything."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2011, 05:17:22 AM »
>Yuyuko: "Nope. She can't do anything to these gaps for some reason. We don't know why."
>Reimu: "We think they're what's been causing all the, uh, problems."
>Shiki: "Apparently, there's no way for us to pass through these gaps, but Yukari says she can make a gap of her own to the same place the one in Meiling's head is to. However, I thought we should first look at the one in your head. We have no idea what we're dealing with, here; it's possible the gaps may not even be to the same place."
>Koishi: "Yukari'll take us in your head so we can look at the gap. Don't worry, we won't touch anything."
>"...Well, probably better than being forced to stab Meiling...fine."
>"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2011, 05:59:10 AM »
>Serpert Sunderer: "Okay, this time just you and Koishi go, Yukari. Less risk and all."
>Hypothalamus Hipster: "Just the two of us? Oh my, what are you trying to pull?"
>Skink Stomper: "I'm hoping she'll gap you to the moon."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #577 on: April 18, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
>Shiki: "I'm going, too."
>Reimu: "Um, why?"
>Shiki: "Because I want to see for myself what's there. Do recall that all this is somewhat more important to me than it likely is to you, given that I am personally and directly being affected by something that may very well have the same source."
>Yuyuko: "Just come back out before you go anywhere else so we can go with you. And so I can do first and check to see if the air does odd stuff."
>Koishi: If other people are in someone's subconcious, could we sense them in any way, and if so, how well? Specifically, could we follow their actions, or at least get messages from them and/or send messages to them? If we can, say so and propose staying outside.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #578 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
>Serpert Sunderer: "Okay, this time just you and Koishi go, Yukari. Less risk and all."
>Hypothalamus Hipster: "Just the two of us? Oh my, what are you trying to pull?"
>Skink Stomper: "I'm hoping she'll gap you to the moon."
>Shiki: "I'm going, too."
>Reimu: "Um, why?"
>Shiki: "Because I want to see for myself what's there. Do recall that all this is somewhat more important to me than it likely is to you, given that I am personally and directly being affected by something that may very well have the same source."
>Yuyuko: "Just come back out before you go anywhere else so we can go with you. And so I can do first and check to see if the air does odd stuff."
>Yukari says "So, are we going in now? Or do you want to finish discussing what to do first?"

>Koishi: If other people are in someone's subconcious, could we sense them in any way, and if so, how well? Specifically, could we follow their actions, or at least get messages from them and/or send messages to them? If we can, say so and propose staying outside.
>You can definitely track down the actions of other people in an unconscious and send messages to them. You decide to disclose this information to the others.
>Yukari says "That might make things easier if we were searching her unconscious for something, but if we went in Sakuya's unconscious, we should be able to find it immediately."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #579 on: April 18, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »
>Shiki: "Actually, I think that would be useful. It would allow us to coordinate external stimuli and observe the results. It's possible that whatever's causing the compulsion is dormant when the compulsion is not actively present, after all."
>Yuyuko: "Meiling was asleep, though."
>Shiki: "Yes, she was. She was already asleep when we went in. The compulsion had already done its work."
>Reimu: "So, what, we point Sakuya at Meiling while you just see if anything happens in her mind?"
>Shiki: "As much as I don't like the idea of deliberately risking Meiling coming to harm, yes. Hopefully, you will be able to restrain Sakuya when she goes for Meiling."
>Koishi: "Works for me. Yukari, Shiki, you head in. I'll coordinate the inside and outside groups."
>Shiki: "Right. Let's head in, Yukari."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #580 on: April 18, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
>Shiki: "Actually, I think that would be useful. It would allow us to coordinate external stimuli and observe the results. It's possible that whatever's causing the compulsion is dormant when the compulsion is not actively present, after all."
>Yuyuko: "Meiling was asleep, though."
>Shiki: "Yes, she was. She was already asleep when we went in. The compulsion had already done its work."
>Reimu: "So, what, we point Sakuya at Meiling while you just see if anything happens in her mind?"
>Shiki: "As much as I don't like the idea of deliberately risking Meiling coming to harm, yes. Hopefully, you will be able to restrain Sakuya when she goes for Meiling."
>Koishi: "Works for me. Yukari, Shiki, you head in. I'll coordinate the inside and outside groups."
>Shiki: "Right. Let's head in, Yukari."
>"Well then."
>Yukari opens a gap and heads in.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
>Shiki: Follow Yukari in.
>Examine the area.
>Reimu: "Right, then. Sakuya, come with us."
>Lead Sakuya out to Meiling
>Koishi: While walking, attempt to communicate with Shiki: Hey, can you hear me?
>Shiki: Can we hear Koishi? If so: "Yes. Can you hear me?" Think it, too.
>Koishi: Can we?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #582 on: April 19, 2011, 05:07:11 AM »
>Shiki: Follow Yukari in.
>You follow Yukari in.

>Examine the area.
>The ground you're standing on is maroon, though that might just be the lighting. A giant structure in front of you. Several balls displaying pictures and words, probably memories and thoughts, are floating around. Above you, there's lightning and a dim dark red sky. Yeah, much the same as before.

>Reimu: "Right, then. Sakuya, come with us."
>"Wait, are you sure about that?"

>Lead Sakuya out to Meiling
>You begin to lead Sakuya out to Meiling.
>And we're walking, and we're walking...

>Koishi: While walking, attempt to communicate with Shiki: Hey, can you hear me?
>You attempt to communicate with Eiki.

>Shiki: Can we hear Koishi? If so: "Yes. Can you hear me?" Think it, too.
>You hear Koishi loud and clear. It's like a loudspeaker (and you do know what those are). You reply back.

>Koishi: Can we?
>Yes, you can hear her. Your attempt to communicate has gone on successfully.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
>Koishi: I hear you. We're heading out to Meiling. I'll let you know when we get there.
>Outside party: Keep going out to Meiling.
>When we see Meiling: Koishi: We're there.

>When Sakuya goes for Meiling: Koishi: She's doing it.
>Reimu/Yuyuko: Keep Sakuya back, with force if necessary.
>Shiki: Did anything happen? If so, describe it to Koishi. If not, tell Koishi that nothing happened.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #584 on: April 19, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »
>Koishi: I hear you. We're heading out to Meiling. I'll let you know when we get there.
>Understood.
>As Eiki, you hear "Be careful not to get your italics confused with mine."

>Outside party: Keep going out to Meiling.
>And we're walking, and we're walking, and we're walking, and I'm stealing catchphrases, and I'm stealing catchphrases, and I'm stealing catchphrases...

>When we see Meiling: Koishi: We're there.
>You arrive towards Meiling. Sakuya immediately whips out a knife and lunges forward.

>When Sakuya goes for Meiling: Koishi: She's doing it.
>Eiki replies I see.

>Reimu/Yuyuko: Keep Sakuya back, with force if necessary.
>You hold back Sakuya with force. She simply chucks the knife at Meiling, but it doesn't seem to be thrown with very much force and lands harmlessly on Meiling's dress.

>Shiki: Did anything happen? If so, describe it to Koishi. If not, tell Koishi that nothing happened.
>No, nothing happened. You relay this information to Koishi.
>Koishi replies What? Aww. I thought I was onto something here.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #585 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
>Shiki: Okay, get her back inside.
>Koishi: Got it.
>"Shiki says nothing happened. Let's get Sakuya back inside."
>Reimu/Yuyuko: Get Sakuya back inside.
>Shiki: "Yukari, does this gap lead to the same place as the one in Meiling?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #586 on: April 21, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »
>Shiki: Okay, get her back inside.
>Koishi: Got it.
>"Shiki says nothing happened. Let's get Sakuya back inside."
>Reimu and Yuyuko nod.

>Reimu/Yuyuko: Get Sakuya back inside.
>You drag Sakuya back into the hallways of the SDM.
>Sakuya calms down. "Now, would you please let go?"

>Shiki: "Yukari, does this gap lead to the same place as the one in Meiling?"
>"Mmm...no."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #587 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »
>Reimu/Yuyuko: Let go of Sakuya, but do grab her again if she tries to get back outside to Meiling.
>Reimu: "Right, then. Let's head back to the kitchen. Koishi?"
>Koishi: "Hold on." Are you two done in there?
>Shiki: Not quite, but we should be out shortly.
>Koishi: Relay this.

Shiki> "It leads somewhere different, then. Can you tell anything about where it leads to?"
>Are there such things as paralell worlds, and if so, what do we know about them?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #588 on: April 21, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
>Reimu/Yuyuko: Let go of Sakuya, but do grab her again if she tries to get back outside to Meiling.
>You let go of Sakuya. She stretches her arms for a bit, then says "Thanks for the restraints, I suppose.

>Reimu: "Right, then. Let's head back to the kitchen. Koishi?"
>Koishi: "Hold on." Are you two done in there?
>Shiki: Not quite, but we should be out shortly.
>Koishi: Relay this.
>You relay what Eiki said to Reimu and Sakuya. They nod.

>Shiki "It leads somewhere different, then. Can you tell anything about where it leads to?"
>Yukari replies "The place where it leads is also rather mundane...and no gaps other than this one are in the area."

>Are there such things as paralell worlds, and if so, what do we know about them?
>You haven't known about the existence of parallel world until now, so you don't know much about them.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #589 on: April 21, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
>Shiki: "Are there similarities between the two locations? Are they even in the same world?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #590 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »

>Shiki: "Are there similarities between the two locations? Are they even in the same world?"
>"Similarities? No. I can't tell if they're in the same world or not, though. I cannot see that far for some reason."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #591 on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:29 AM »
>Shiki: "If we went there, could you?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #592 on: April 22, 2011, 06:20:10 AM »
>Shiki: "If we went there, could you?"
>"No, I don't think so."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2011, 07:16:50 AM »
>Shiki: "Hmm... well, if these gaps are the source of the compulsions, they have to have something in common, right?"
>"Actually, what about the big one in the library? It's not in anybody's head, but I doubt its existence now is a coincidence. Perhaps we should take a closer look at it."
>If Yukari agrees: Okay, Koishi, we're coming out. "Let us leave Sakuya's mind, then."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #594 on: April 22, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »
>Shiki: "Hmm... well, if these gaps are the source of the compulsions, they have to have something in common, right?"
>"Naturally. Perhaps we should have Koishi come inhere and take a closer look?"

>"Actually, what about the big one in the library? It's not in anybody's head, but I doubt its existence now is a coincidence. Perhaps we should take a closer look at it."
>Yukari says "Very well, but I still suggest that it would be a good idea for Koishi to come in here and see if those 'perceptions' that came out of Meiling's gap are coming out of this gap as well."

>If Yukari agrees: Okay, Koishi, we're coming out. "Let us leave Sakuya's mind, then."
>Got it.
>Yukari opens up a gap and enters the gap.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #595 on: April 22, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
>What 'perceptions'? Reminder, please.
>Shiki: Go through the gap.
>"Okay, it seems that Sakuya's gap does not lead to the same place as Meiling's. Koishi, Yukari thinks you should go in and take a look at it."
>Koishi: "Sure."
>Shiki: "Once you're done in there, let us return to the library. The large gap there is quite likely connected to all of this in some manner."
Koishi: "Got it." If the gap into Sakuya's head is still there, enter it. Otherwise: "Yukari, send me in."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #596 on: April 23, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
>What 'perceptions'? Reminder, please.
>You recall a statement Koishi made a few minutes ago...
>Koishi says "Well...I can sense thoughts coming in...perceptions? Whatever's past these gaps, they know of Meiling somehow, and what's coming in is their perceptions of what she's like."

>Shiki: Go through the gap.
>You go through the gap. You end up back in the middle of the library, in front of the giant gap.

>"Okay, it seems that Sakuya's gap does not lead to the same place as Meiling's. Koishi, Yukari thinks you should go in and take a look at it."
>Koishi: "Sure."
>Shiki: "Once you're done in there, let us return to the library. The large gap there is quite likely connected to all of this in some manner."
Koishi: "Got it." If the gap into Sakuya's head is still there, enter it.
>The gap is still there. Yukari says "Although I just exited, perhaps I should follow her..." and enters as well. The gap closes.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #597 on: April 23, 2011, 04:33:44 AM »
>Koishi: What can we sense from the gap?
>Shiki: Look around.
>"Ah, I guess we're already here."
>Is Rikako present? If so: "I wish Yukari hadn't been so quick to close the gap. Perhaps your device, Rikako, could tell us something about the world beyond the gap in Sakuya's mind." If not: "Where did Rikako get to?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #598 on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
>Koishi: What can we sense from the gap?
>You sense influences similar to the ones the came from Meiling's gap. Perceptions of people who know who Sakuya are and their notions of how Sakuya acts. You think these perceptions are changing her unconscious somehow...

>Shiki: Look around.
>You are currently facing the huge white gap in the middle of a lowered area with 8 tables. In front of you and on your sides are shelves and shelves of books. Behind you, Patchouli in sitting on a table, reading a book and paying you and your group no mind.

>"Ah, I guess we're already here."
>Is Rikako present? If so: "I wish Yukari hadn't been so quick to close the gap. Perhaps your device, Rikako, could tell us something about the world beyond the gap in Sakuya's mind." If not: "Where did Rikako get to?"
>"I don't think I can do much Yukari can't already do."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2011, 01:01:58 AM »
>Koishi: "Okay, this is the same sort of stuff I felt in Meiling's mind. People's conceptions of her are coming in through this gap and influencing how she acts. But that doesn't really happen on its own."
>Unless you're on a Hellmouth
>"Somehow, these perceptions are being sent into Meiling and Sakuya, but I'm more curisous about how they're being gathered. It's not like there're gaps in everyone's heads, right? But these perceptions have to be gotten somehow. Someone has a way of taking these perceptions."
>Could another satori do that kind of thing, one who hasn't closed her third eye? And do we know of any other way it might be done?
>Ask Yukari those questions, too.