Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 158790 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #360 on: March 29, 2011, 06:15:32 AM »
>Shiki: "So you beat up everyone you run into just because they might be responsible and might be lying? And how many of the real culprits have been hard to identify, anyways? You just attack random people until you happen to run into one who can point you in the right direction, and you beat that one up, too! You may blame them, but it is your actions that are truly the problem!"
Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

What the fuck?

>Skink Skinner: "Lots of them! Who even knew who Remilia or Yuyuko or Kaguya or any of them were? Then there's all the ones that either wanted to eat me or just wanted a piece of me! And then there was Orin, oh dear heaven, do you even know about Orin? I don't even remember how many times she came after me!"
>Yuyulayan Mountains: "...Hey."
>Superego Supremist: Stay unseen: "What about Satori~?"
>Newt Nerfer: "Okay fine, maybe that one! But it wasn't even my fault, you've not had Yukari chitteriing your ear and manipulating you and stuff!"
>Shiki: "None of the people responsible were hesitant to admit they were responsible. Stop using that as an excuse. And I'm not saying that every fight you get into is your fault. When you are truly being attacked, there is nothing wrong with fighting back. But you do not limit yourself to the culprits and the hostile. You attack anyone and everyone you encounter. That is the problem, and that is what you need to change."
>Turtle Terrorist: "Hey, it's almost always them attacking me, and that's on top of pretty much every faerie you can name trying to get a piece of me, too! Stop acting like you were there! You should be happy I even fixed the problems, it's a lot more than what you did!"
>Grand Yuyutons: Approach Rikako. "Hi there, mind if we come in, those two are going to be awhile."
>"Oh, sure, go ahead."
>Shiki: "They attacked because of your aggression! Not all of them, granted, but a lot of them. What about that spider on your way underground? You attacked her just because she lived underground! And don't try the Yukari excuse; she told you to do it, but doing it was your choice. Or the harvest goddess on your way up the mountain? Or anyone involved in the mission to free Byakuren. That's a case where none of them meant any harm. They were trying to free a woman who had helped them and countless others, and you got in their way! And why did you get in their way? At first it was just because. Then you learned about Byakuren, and decided that she was wrong for helping both humans and youkai. Ichirin and Murasa would not have attacked you had you not been oppositional. Shou would not have attacked you had you not angered her. You even angered Byakuren enough to get her to attack you!"
>You engage in lots of internal discussion without the parser's input. Yes, you know all of this.
>Warning - while you were typing one new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
>"All right, I'll consider that after resolving this incident and bringing your judging capabilities back to normal."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #361 on: March 29, 2011, 06:37:46 AM »
>Shiki: "And do you truly intend to do that, or are you just trying to get me to stop?"

*Actually goes to bed this time*

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »
>Shiki: "And do you truly intend to do that, or are you just trying to get me to stop?"
>"Eh...both."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:26 AM »
>Yuyumanjaro: Head inside.
>"So, do you know about the dream incident going on?"
>Cortex Crusader: Follow her in. Probe Rikako's subconscious a bit more.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2011, 06:28:26 AM »
>Shiki: "You do not understand the importance of this, Reimu! Once you're dead, it's too late! If I were to judge you as you are now, you would surely fall to Hell!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
>Yuyumanjaro: Head inside.
>You go inside after Rikako.

>"So, do you know about the dream incident going on?"
>"No, what's happening?"

>Cortex Crusader: Follow her in. Probe Rikako's subconscious a bit more.
>You follow Yuyuko in. You continue examining Rikako's unconscious. You find some childhood memories. You notice that these memories don't have parents...

>Shiki: "You do not understand the importance of this, Reimu! Once you're dead, it's too late! If I were to judge you as you are now, you would surely fall to Hell!"
>"You're known for exaggerating punishments while lecturing someone, yes? Not to mention that the last time we fought, you said that I wouldn't even go to Hell..."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2011, 04:19:26 PM »
>Shiki: "That was before the mountain! Before Byakuren! Your ways have not changed since that first time, and your sins have continued!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »
>Shiki: "That was before the mountain! Before Byakuren! Your ways have not changed since that first time, and your sins have continued!"

>This without the excitement points and implied shouting. Shiki is not one to give into fury.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
>But she is... passionate.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2011, 02:09:01 AM »
>"...Just forget it. I don't even care anymore."
>She walks inside.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2011, 02:35:30 AM »
>Shiki: Follow her inside.
>"You have to care, Reimu. It's you we're talking about. If you dismiss what I've said, you are the one it will hurt."
>Lecture successfully given! Take that, voice!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2011, 02:40:13 AM »
>Pryuyu Mountains: "It's quite a pain, really. Some voice is getting into people's dreams and cause them distress and forcing them to change their ways. I expect you would know it if you had them. We're quite sure it's from another world."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2011, 12:18:45 AM »
>Shiki: Follow her inside.
>"You have to care, Reimu. It's you we're talking about. If you dismiss what I've said, you are the one it will hurt."
>Lecture successfully given! Take that, voice!
>"Not really. You dismotivated her."

>Pryuyu Mountains: "It's quite a pain, really. Some voice is getting into people's dreams and cause them distress and forcing them to change their ways. I expect you would know it if you had them. We're quite sure it's from another world."
>"Ah. It doesn't sound like an incident where you can just beat your way through..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »
>Purityuyu Range: "Oh, quite. Mind you, once we find the perpetrator, they will are no doubt going to be shackled with several phobias in the aftermath. So, what do you do around here in your funny little building?"
>Turtle Terrorist: Mutter about ingrates.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #374 on: April 01, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »
Shiki: I said what needed to be said. What she does is her choice. Not that you'd understand.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:37 AM »
Shiki: I said what needed to be said. What she does is her choice. Not that you'd understand.

>Don't talk to it, we're well aware that we're forcing it at this point just to make some progress, and we did just snap at someone who's been helping us. Fight it off a bit more, first.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2011, 02:18:09 AM »
>Ignoring it doesn't work. Sure, we can't trust it, but unreliable information is better than none at all. The more it says to us, the better.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2011, 02:54:09 AM »
>Ignoring it doesn't work. Sure, we can't trust it, but unreliable information is better than none at all. The more it says to us, the better.

>And the more desperate we act to provoke getting that information, the more power it has over us.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
>Purityuyu Range: "Oh, quite. Mind you, once we find the perpetrator, they will are no doubt going to be shackled with several phobias in the aftermath. So, what do you do around here in your funny little building?"
>"Basically, I tinker with things you've probably haven't heard of or seen."

>Turtle Terrorist: Mutter about ingrates.
>Ugh, ungrateful bastards.

>Don't talk to it, we're well aware that we're forcing it at this point just to make some progress, and we did just snap at someone who's been helping us. Fight it off a bit more, first.
>And the more desperate we act to provoke getting that information, the more power it has over us.
>You debate in your mind over whether you should communicate with the voice or not.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2011, 03:02:00 AM »
>Getting it to talk is hardly desperation. It's obviously the one who knows the most about itself; even if we can't trust what it says, it's something to work with.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
>It would be very desperate, actually. We more less just lashed out at someone trying to help us, pretty much at random, in an attempt to recombobulate ourself. That is quite the gap in our defenses to exploit, and that's pretty much all it needs to do to shut us down and make it all that much harder to fight back against. Now is not the time to try to mess with it.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2011, 03:40:59 AM »
>And are you more likely to get useful information when it is invited to deceive or when it complains about not getting its way due to being ignored?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #382 on: April 01, 2011, 04:09:06 AM »
>The former. If you expect lies, you won't fall for them. There being anything even potentially useful in complaints is pretty much up to chance, but lies always hide something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:57 AM »
>And in turn, we give it another vulnerability to exploit and undo what progress we've made over the day.
>Lil Reirei: Ponder that incident Rikako mentioned. Now that she's brought it up, do we recall her at all.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #384 on: April 01, 2011, 04:53:54 AM »
>Getting it to talk is hardly desperation. It's obviously the one who knows the most about itself; even if we can't trust what it says, it's something to work with.
>It would be very desperate, actually. We more less just lashed out at someone trying to help us, pretty much at random, in an attempt to recombobulate ourself. That is quite the gap in our defenses to exploit, and that's pretty much all it needs to do to shut us down and make it all that much harder to fight back against. Now is not the time to try to mess with it.
>And are you more likely to get useful information when it is invited to deceive or when it complains about not getting its way due to being ignored?
>The former. If you expect lies, you won't fall for them. There being anything even potentially useful in complaints is pretty much up to chance, but lies always hide something.
>And in turn, we give it another vulnerability to exploit and undo what progress we've made over the day.
>You continue to internally discuss the possible consequences of attempting to communicate with the voice.

>Lil Reirei: Ponder that incident Rikako mentioned. Now that she's brought it up, do we recall her at all.
>Mmm...yes...you do remember now. it was that time the red-haired scientist from another dimension and her blond sidekick in a sailor suit tried to collect data on magic. They gave you that nifty little robot maid of yours...where is that robot maid, anyways?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: April 01, 2011, 05:03:37 AM »
>Lizard Leasher: "Oh right, I remember you now. Sorry, I deal with a lot of people... Um, thanks for not causing trouble. I appreciate it.
>Queen Yuyuko Mountains: "Oh my, things I've never heard of or seen? Now I must insist you show me!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:40 AM »

>How so? It can talk to us whenever it wants, anyways.
>Also, talking to it would quite possibly catch it off-guard; it wouldn't be expecting that.
>Face it: trying to ignore the voice doesn't work. The only other options this voice can think of are the one we're currently discussing and finding a way to block it out of our mind, and we don't have a way to do that one. If we can find one, that's great, but in the meantime, shouldn't we be looking into the other option?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2011, 05:26:41 AM »
>Lizard Leasher: "Oh right, I remember you now. Sorry, I deal with a lot of people... Um, thanks for not causing trouble. I appreciate it."
>"I suppose that means you have nothing else to say. You're welcome, anyways."

>Queen Yuyuko Mountains: "Oh my, things I've never heard of or seen? Now I must insist you show me!"
>"Ah, no, I'm really uncomfortable about showing others my stuff..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
>Lil Reirei: "Sorry, just I don't recall much else. I mean, you have the ability to make trouble, and you haven't. So I do appreciate it."
>Quesyuyu Mountains: Frown
>"Must you feel that way? I'm sure it's nothing to be ashamed of. Why, if this building is any indication, I'm sure it would be quite impressive.
>Ego Enticer: Look into how Rikako is thinking, can we determine where or what the the aforementioned projects are?

>How so? It can talk to us whenever it wants, anyways.
>Also, talking to it would quite possibly catch it off-guard; it wouldn't be expecting that.
>Face it: trying to ignore the voice doesn't work. The only other options this voice can think of are the one we're currently discussing and finding a way to block it out of our mind, and we don't have a way to do that one. If we can find one, that's great, but in the meantime, shouldn't we be looking into the other option?

>Didn't work? We've been doing our best not to indulge it, and not only have we not slipped any further we've actually succeeded in making a small, if terribly forced, step back into the right direction. Thus far, it's been the only thing that has worked. Recall we spent a good week trying to resist it other ways, and failed miserably. As well, it's kinda noteworthy that Shiki isn't defined solely by her ability to give lectures. As such, given we barely understand how we've been attacked, we have no real clue how it worked, and we've found one defense mechanism oppose it at all, it seems that charging back into the opponent's grasp is a terrible idea.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2011, 06:48:13 AM »
>You're right, nothing else worked. That's why I think we should do something new. And I don't think we likely tried what I'd like to do. So:
>Shiki: Did we try indulging the voice at any time over the past week? Or speaking to it in the manner this voice is proposing?