Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157598 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:47 AM »
>Lizard Lacer: "I think you better explain that first."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2011, 02:23:10 AM »
>Yuyuko: "And can we get your name?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »
>Lizard Lacer: "I think you better explain that first."
>"And 'that' would be...?"

>Yuyuko: "And can we get your name?"
>"Rikako Asakura."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #333 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:17 AM »
>Skink Skinner: "This place. Yourself. You acting like we know each other."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2011, 02:59:57 AM »
>Shiki: "You probably just beat her up and moved on. You do a bit too much of that."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2011, 04:24:36 AM »
>Skink Skinner: "This place. Yourself. You acting like we know each other."
>"This place? I live here. Me? I'm a scientist. And for me knowing who you are-"

>Shiki: "You probably just beat her up and moved on. You do a bit too much of that."
>"-Exactly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2011, 05:05:02 AM »
>Turtle Trasher: Don't we typically recall our multudinous victims?
>"Wait. How long have you been here?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2011, 05:14:39 AM »
>Shiki: We can still say for sure that Reimu's too agressive. Good. Use that as a staging point.
>"You really need to get out of that habit, Reimu. Fighting back when attacked is one thing, but your agression goes too far."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #338 on: March 28, 2011, 05:50:59 AM »
>Turtle Trasher: Don't we typically recall our multudinous victims?
>Not really. At least, not much before the scarlet mist incident. You could probably remember if you put some effort into it, though.

>"Wait. How long have you been here?"
>"More than a decade."

>Shiki: We can still say for sure that Reimu's too agressive. Good. Use that as a staging point.
>"Go on."

>"You really need to get out of that habit, Reimu. Fighting back when attacked is one thing, but your agression goes too far."
>"I don't think it's a problem that needs fixing. I don't think I harm anybody that much."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2011, 05:55:32 AM »
Shiki: "So it's okay because you don't seriously injure anyone? I think most of those you've needlessly attacked would disagree."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2011, 04:35:39 PM »
>Turtle Terrorist: "You know they usually shoot first, right?"
>Glance to Rikako: "You're telling me this place has been a decade? How come no one's really paid any attention to a weird place like this?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
Shiki: "So it's okay because you don't seriously injure anyone? I think most of those you've needlessly attacked would disagree."
>Turtle Terrorist: "You know they usually shoot first, right?"

>Glance to Rikako: "You're telling me this place has been a decade? How come no one's really paid any attention to a weird place like this?"
>"The villagers used to, but they've gotten used to it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »
>Tortoise Trampler: "Huh. So, why'd you build his weird place?"
>Try to recall this person.
>Ego Eater: Invite ourself in. Not like she can see us anyways~

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »
>Shiki: "Oh, no, Reimu, we're not done. Aggression doesn't start with the first shot. One can easily shoot first in anticipation of an attack. You're the one who picks most of those fights You are the agressor."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »
>Tortoise Trampler: "Huh. So, why'd you build his weird place?"
>"So I could practice my preference of science in private."

>Try to recall this person.
>Science? Hmm...not there yet...

>Ego Eater: Invite ourselves in. Not like she can see us anyways~
>You attempt to enter her home, but there's too little space between the sides of the door and Rikako's sides for you to enter without bumping into her.

>Shiki: "Oh, no, Reimu, we're not done. Aggression doesn't start with the first shot. One can easily shoot first in anticipation of an attack. You're the one who picks most of those fights. You are the aggressor."
>"Can you save the lecture for later? I'm trying to converse with somebody else here."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »
>Shiki: "Absolutely not! This woman is one of those who have been negatively affected by your agression. She, along with almost everyone else you've come across while acting as an 'incident-solver'. And I'm not talking about the ones actually behind those incidents; I'm talking about the ones you encounter along the way. the ones who are just going about their business."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »
>Lizard Luger: "When did we meet again? I'm sorry to be so rude, just, you know?"
>What do we know about science and heresy?
>Glance at Shiki, "And speaking of rude...you're making a scene."
>Deschampsia Delver: How do we feel?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2011, 01:50:39 AM »
>Shiki: We're in full-on lecture mode for the first time since the voice and the nightmares showed up. We're not stopping now.
>"Don't think you can get off the hook so easily, Reimu Hakurei. If you're so worried about not being rude in front of Rikako, then you and I can remain outside for the time being, but I will not simply be silent! You are far too aggressive, and you need to change this!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2011, 02:52:43 AM »
>Shiki: "Absolutely not! This woman is one of those who have been negatively affected by your agression. She, along with almost everyone else you've come across while acting as an 'incident-solver'. And I'm not talking about the ones actually behind those incidents; I'm talking about the ones you encounter along the way. the ones who are just going about their business."
>Reimu continues talking with Rikako and seems to ignore you.

>Lizard Luger: "When did we meet again? I'm sorry to be so rude, just, you know?"
>"Remember that time where mysterious ruins suddenly appeared near the Hakurei Shrine and you had to fight a lot of people to enter them? Yeah. That time."

>Glance at Shiki, "And speaking of rude...you're making a scene."
>Eiki seems to ignore this and continues with her lecture.
>As Eiki: Looks like she didn't ignore the lecture completely at least.

>Shiki: We're in full-on lecture mode for the first time since the voice and the nightmares showed up. We're not stopping now.
>You don't care about making a scene, you're in the mood for a lecture! You seriously need your confidence.

>"Don't think you can get off the hook so easily, Reimu Hakurei. If you're so worried about not being rude in front of Rikako, then you and I can remain outside for the time being, but I will not simply be silent! You are far too aggressive, and you need to change this!"
>Rikako says "Hmm...maybe I should just go back in..."
>Reimu responds "Sometimes you don't know who the incident causers are, even if you ask. They might lie to cover themselves up, you know. And anyways, there are a lot of reasons why danmaku battles happen."

>What do we know about science and heresy?
>Only a few people value science above magic. Typically, they don't worship gods like everybody else.

>Deschampsia Delver: How do we feel?
>Somewhat indignant.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2011, 03:04:08 AM »
>Shiki: "So you beat up everyone you run into just because they might be responsible and might be lying? And how many of the real culprits have been hard to identify, anyways? You just attack random people until you happen to run into one who can point you in the right direction, and you beat that one up, too! You may blame them, but it is your actions that are truly the problem!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #350 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:58 AM »
>Skink Skinner: "Lots of them! Who even knew who Remilia or Yuyuko or Kaguya or any of them were? Then there's all the ones that either wanted to eat me or just wanted a piece of me! And then there was Orin, oh dear heaven, do you even know about Orin? I don't even remember how many times she came after me!"
>Yuyulayan Mountains: "...Hey."
>Superego Supremist: Stay unseen: "What about Satori~?"
>Newt Nerfer: "Okay fine, maybe that one! But it wasn't even my fault, you've not had Yukari chitteriing your ear and manipulating you and stuff!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #351 on: March 29, 2011, 03:47:58 AM »
>Shiki: "None of the people responsible were hesitant to admit they were responsible. Stop using that as an excuse. And I'm not saying that every fight you get into is your fault. When you are truly being attacked, there is nothing wrong with fighting back. But you do not limit yourself to the culprits and the hostile. You attack anyone and everyone you encounter. That is the problem, and that is what you need to change."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #352 on: March 29, 2011, 04:03:51 AM »
>Turtle Terrorist: "Hey, it's almost always them attacking me, and that's on top of pretty much every faerie you can name trying to get a piece of me, too! Stop acting like you were there! You should be happy I even fixed the problems, it's a lot more than what you did!"
>Grand Yuyutons: Approach Rikako. "Hi there, mind if we come in, those two are going to be awhile."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #353 on: March 29, 2011, 04:11:54 AM »
>Shiki: "They attacked because of your agression! Not all of them, granted, but a lot of them. What about that spider on your way underground? You attacked her just because she lived underground! And don't try the Yukari excuse; she told you to do it, but doing it was your choice. Or the harvest goddess on your way up the mountain? Or anyone involved in the mission to free Byakuren. That's a case where none of them meant any harm. They were trying to free a woman who had helped them and countless others, and you got in their way! And why did you get in their way? At first it was just because. Then you learned about Byakuren, and decided that she was wrong for helping both humans and youkai. Ichirin and Murasa would not have attacked you had you not been oppositional. Shou would not have attacked you had you not angered her. You even angered Byakuren enough to get her to attack you!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:41 AM »
>Shiki: "They attacked because of your agression! Not all of them, granted, but a lot of them. What about that spider on your way underground? You attacked her just because she lived underground! And don't try the Yukari excuse; she told you to do it, but doing it was your choice. Or the harvest goddess on your way up the mountain? Or anyone involved in the mission to free Byakuren. That's a case where none of them meant any harm. They were trying to free a woman who had helped them and countless others, and you got in their way! And why did you get in their way? At first it was just because. Then you learned about Byakuren, and decided that she was wrong for helping both humans and youkai. Ichirin and Murasa would not have attacked you had you not been oppositional. Shou would not have attacked you had you not angered her. You even angered Byakuren enough to get her to attack you!"

Wait. How much of this does Shiki actually know?

Wolf?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #355 on: March 29, 2011, 04:46:19 AM »
She knows people's sins. Pay attention to some of her lines in PoFV. She knows that Reisen abandoned her comrades on the moon, for shit's sake!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #356 on: March 29, 2011, 04:54:06 AM »
She's also depowered.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #357 on: March 29, 2011, 05:32:29 AM »
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Blitzer has to say, then. Although I got the idea that it was only her judging that was impared. It's mentioned that she's been unable to properly judge because she doubts herself because of what the voice is doing, not that she couldn't see people's sins. That's not the problem; her doubt issues are. But yeah, we'll see what Blitzer has to say.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #358 on: March 29, 2011, 05:44:36 AM »
I figure, if we were seeing people's sins, Wolf would've been telling us about it since we've seen a lot of people with laundry lists. And he did mention we've lost power straight up in the intro.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #359 on: March 29, 2011, 06:08:49 AM »
Yeah, but that was a decline in general power level, not a loss of anyspecific ability. And we haven't been bothering to look at the sins of others.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. Regardless of how much of that Shiki can actually know, keep the lecture going, people! Shiki needs this!