Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157619 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:41 AM »
>Lizard Leasher: "Well, kinda."
>"Uh...huh."

>Glance over to be sure Yuyuko is paying no attention.
>You make sure Yuyuko is paying no attention. She isn't, thankfully. She's looking at some youkai over there.

>"She had a great complaint, right? Like, a normal and proper reason to leave Yuyuko's service? But instead, she goes into this whole spiel about how she never liked Yuyuko, only did the things she did because it was her duty, and a bunch of real obvious lies to anyone who knows her even a little bit.  That's what's weird, she's not really the type that does that kind of thing, too staid and serious."
>"That is weird. Though I suppose anybody can put up a false act."

>Yuyuneer Range: Invite self over to the blonde youkai's table, cover lower face with fan, so that the left edge is just under our nose.
>"How have your dreams been, dear?"
>She flinches. "What?! Err...who are you?"

>Ego Engineer: Yes...yes...! Observe the ghost in action! And keep an eye on that youkai's subconscious.
>You watch Yuyuko interact with the blonde youkai. Speaking of which, nothing seems out of place in that youkai's unconscious. Nothing strange.

>Does the parser plan to continue using Final Fantasy 13's battle system as the basis for combat? If so, list primary roles for each party member.
>Continue? That's uncertain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
>Newt Neutralizer: "Maybe, but when you've been doing it for...however long Youmu's been around with Yuyuko? You can't fake it that long without the cracks showing."
>Precipitous Mountains: Raise eyebrow. "Isn't it customary to introduce yourself before demanding to know another's name?"

>_

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »
>Newt Neutralizer: "Maybe, but when you've been doing it for...however long Youmu's been around with Yuyuko? You can't fake it that long without the cracks showing."
>"Actually, that is a long time...who knows? Maybe Youmu changed as she was working for her and kept her old personality as a disguise."

>Precipitous Mountains: Raise eyebrow. "Isn't it customary to introduce yourself before demanding to know another's name?"
>"Hey, you surprised me. Also, I'd have to say the same about you."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »
>Reimu: "Actually, we think it was an outside influence. We've seen similar things happen to others."

>Shiki: realize we've been overlooking an obvious avenue of investigation.
>Step outside.
>Hey. Voice. You said something about getting me to replace my morals with yours, is that correct?

And yes, other voices, I've got a plan here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:53:53 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2011, 01:53:59 AM »
>Monitor Masticator: "Maybe, but it'd have to be pretty recent, which fits into the whole weirdness pattern. Anyways, you got to have heard about something interesting, this is pretty much the only watering hole around, so pretty much anyone who drinks passes though."
>Premier Range: Fold fan, tap the edge to our lips, frown just little. "But I didn't ask who you were."
>Deschampsia Dame: Do not give the voice any attention whatsoever. That will just encourage it when we want it to go away, and it has exactly no reason to be honest.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2011, 02:50:14 AM »
>Dechampsia Death Metal: Don't entertain the voice. It left us alone for a rest once - no need to encourage it returning.

And yes, other voices, I've got a plan here.

Care to enlighten us?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2011, 03:46:55 AM »
Purvis: I'm counting on us having no reason to trust it.

Anyways, the plan, short version: Shiki's going to propose a method by which the voice can proove its honesty and intentions (I seem to remember it previously stating that its intentions were benevolent, although I could be wrong). If it accepts, we'll learn one hell of a lot about what's going on, and we'll be able to know if it's lying or witholding information or anything like that. If, as I expect, it refuses, it gives Shiki ammo to use in fighting it and the doubts it's sowing in her mind. It'll come back; we need something to use against it, and this'll give us just that.

>Shiki: After thought, do ask the question of the voice.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:48:36 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2011, 04:11:41 AM »
>Reimu: "Actually, we think it was an outside influence. We've seen similar things happen to others."
>"Outside influence...like what?"

>Monitor Masticator: "Maybe, but it'd have to be pretty recent, which fits into the whole weirdness pattern. Anyways, you got to have heard about something interesting, this is pretty much the only watering hole around, so pretty much anyone who drinks passes though."
>"Eh, there are other bars. Though I did hear something about fairies robbing a blacksmith's tool. Otherwise, nothing that seems to be related to your situation."

>Shiki: realize we've been overlooking an obvious avenue of investigation.
>Step outside.
>Hey. Voice. You said something about getting me to replace my morals with yours, is that correct?
>Deschampsia Dame: Do not give the voice any attention whatsoever. That will just encourage it when we want it to go away, and it has exactly no reason to be honest.
>Dechampsia Death Metal: Don't entertain the voice. It left us alone for a rest once - no need to encourage it returning.
>Shiki: After thought, do ask the question of the voice.
>You decide to step outside and almost decide to communicate with the voice, but you decide that you really should not pay attention to it. Outvoted unless other voices change their minds.
>"I'm gonna pretend the sanctity of the fourth wall has not been violated."

>Premier Range: Fold fan, tap the edge to our lips, frown just little. "But I didn't ask who you were."
>"Fine. My name's Hitoha. Are you happy now?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2011, 04:24:28 AM »
Seriously, people, let me do my thing here. It'll benifit us no matter which way things go.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »
It's not even a little bit in character at this point. What Shiki knows is that:
A. It is most definitely deceptive, as it has forced her from what she objectively knows to be correct; thus the claim its intentions are benevolent are suspect at best.
B. It has an influence over her that no one understands.
C. Through this agency, it has had an important effect on the cycle of life and death, which is pretty much the most important thing as far as Shiki is concerned.

Inviting it in is the very last thing Shiki is going to do at this point. It is akin to considering suicide. Benefits or not, in character she simply would not even contemplate doing it; the potential cost is far too high. She would need more information on how and why this thing is working before she would intentionally confront it in such a way.

Now...if we have a dream like Reimu's, it may well be no holds barred time to rip into it. But seeking it out intentionally is just not a thing she'd do at this point.

>Yuyuko of Wales Range: "I am Saigyouji Yuyuko, it is a pleasure. Now, let's address the prior question, shall we?"
>Turtle Tamper: "Sounds like something faeries would do. Well, at least things around here have been pretty peaceful."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »
Except that it's already there. She's not 'seeking it out' or 'inviting it in' or anything like that. It's there, and pretending it's not isn't going to help. That much is obvious. The thing is, right now we've got a situation Shiki doesn't know enough about. She doesn't understand what's going on. So why not force the voice into a situation she does understand? If the voice refuses to proove what it says (which, remember, is the expected outcome), that's concrete evidence of deciet. Also, remember that so far, the parser has been rejecting commands that Shiki's current self-confidence issues would interfere with. The main point of this would be to start countering that problem.

And also, remember that Shiki's assuming, and in fact counting on, the voice acting in accordance to its decietful nature. Do you really think exposing deciet, especially in a situation like this, is against Shiki's character?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »
You're overlooking that Shiki has not had ever a little bit of success in trying to deal with it at all. She spent a good week before the game began tying to deal with it, with exactly no success of any kind. And yes, communicating with it would be inviting it infurther, if only due to not actively resisting it. The mechanism it has used is simply not well understood enough for her to take the risk at this pointin time, given that her confidence is pretty much completely dashed against the rocks. Your plan is theoretically sound, but it's too metagamey to try it at this point. Had Reimu remembered and been able to relay her dream, maybe, but as it stands, they only defense she has is not to listen to it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »
Which is obviously not working.

But whatever. I'll think of something else, then.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2011, 11:17:28 PM »
>Yuyuko of Wales Range: "I am Saigyouji Yuyuko, it is a pleasure. Now, let's address the prior question, shall we?"
>"Wait...dreams, right? Haven't had any for a while, really."

>Turtle Tamper: "Sounds like something faeries would do. Well, at least things around here have been pretty peaceful."
>"I guess so."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:12 PM »
>Yuyuko of Wales Range: "No dreams at all?"
>Flare out fan again.
>"Don't you think that's a little suspicious?"
>Turtle Tearer: "Well, keep an eye open for me."
>Glance toward Yuyuko, frown.
>Do we recognize Hitoha at all?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2011, 12:16:12 AM »
>Yuyuko of Wales Range: "No dreams at all?"
>Flare out fan again.
>"Don't you think that's a little suspicious?"
>"Not really."

>Turtle Tearer: "Well, keep an eye open for me."
>"Right, right."

>Glance toward Yuyuko, frown.
>Do we recognize Hitoha at all?
>No, you don't.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2011, 12:32:12 AM »
>Monitor Manipulator: Sigh.
>"I'll take to you later Tenshi."
>Approach Yuyuko from behind.
>Princess Yuyuko Range: "It is quite suspicious not to have any dreams, I think."
>Lizard Leaper: Drop a heavy hand on Yuyuko's shoulder: "Stop hassling people, please?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
>Monitor Manipulator: Sigh.
>Yuyuko's bothering some youkai...

>"I'll take to you later Tenshi."
>"I'm going to assuming you mean talk. Okay then."

>Approach Yuyuko from behind.
>You sneak up on Yuyuko.

>Princess Yuyuko Range: "It is quite suspicious not to have any dreams, I think."
>"I don't think so. Dreams are pretty uncommon."

>Lizard Leaper: Drop a heavy hand on Yuyuko's shoulder: "Stop hassling people, please?"
>"What? Why? This youkai over here says she hasn't had dreams for a while. Don't you think that's suspicious?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »
>Newt Needler: "Not that suspicious."
>Look to Hitoha: "Sorry about her. She's distraught."
>Drag Yuyuko away.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:27:37 AM by Purvissimo »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »
>Newt Needler: "Not that suspicious."
>"Are you sure?"

>Look to Hitoha: "Sorry about her. She's disdraught."
>Hitoha looks amusedly at Yuyuko and says to you "That was quite clear."

>Drag Yuyuko away.
>Yuyuko just sighs as you drag her away from the table.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:23 AM »
>Id Investor: Try not to cackle out loud.
>Lizard leaper: "Well, nothing here. We'll just have to keep looking."
>Head out. Consider the strange-looking house, and the stores.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2011, 03:05:34 AM »
>Id Investor: Try not to cackle out loud.
>You try not to cackle out loud. You chuckle instead.

>Lizard leaper: "Well, nothing here. We'll just have to keep looking."
>Yuyuko says "Fine, fine."

>Head out. Consider the strange-looking house, and the stores.
>You, Yuyuko, and Koishi head out and find Eiki standing outside.
>The strange looking house...it doesn't have a straw roof and isn't made of predominantly wood like the other buildings. It has some weird kind of door that doesn't look like a sliding door, too.
>The stores include a tofu shop, a general store, and a restaurant.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »
>If the house is not straw and not wood, what is it? Or at least what does it look like?
>Turtle Tarrer: Do we know about the strange house?
>Superego Sap: Do we?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:56 AM »
>If the house is not straw and not wood, what is it? Or at least what does it look like?
>...Stone, maybe?
>The house is shaped like a rectangular prism.

>Turtle Tarrer: Do we know about the strange house?
>You've passed by it some times before, but you've never really stopped to think about how strange it is.

>Superego Sap: Do we?
>You haven't noticed the building before, except when you and the group were heading to the bar.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2011, 01:14:03 PM »
>Whiptail Walloper: "Hey, is it just me, or is there something up with that house over there?"
>Deschampsia Deliverer: Have a look at it; does it look like anything we'd recognize?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:00 AM »
>Whiptail Walloper: "Hey, is it just me, or is there something up with that house over there?"
>Yuyuko says "Not just you. It looks strange! Why don't the villagers stare at it...?"

>Deschampsia Deliverer: Have a look at it; does it look like anything we'd recognize?
>No, this isn't recognizable.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2011, 04:42:51 AM »
>Lil Reirei: "Let's go find out."
>Approach the front door! Knock if it feels appropriate and no one greets us.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »
>Lil Reirei: "Let's go find out."
>Approach the front door! Knock if it feels appropriate and no one greets us.
>The door opens. You see a purple-haired woman in a lab coat. Wait a minute...
>"Hello. I certainly haven't seen you in a while."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »
>The door opens. You see a purple-haired woman in a lab coat. Wait a minute...
>"Hello. I certainly haven't seen you in a while."

>Lizard Lancer: Do we know this person?
>"Uh, hello."
>Thanatos Thug: Have a look at her subconscious.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2011, 01:55:58 AM »
>Lizard Lancer: Do we know this person?
>You do not. Or at least, you don't remember her.

>"Uh, hello."
>"Right then...what are you doing here?"

>Thanatos Thug: Have a look at her subconscious.
>You dig around in her unconscious. You find some memories involving this woman being called a "heretic", as well as a memory of her encounter with Reimu. And several other people.