Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light  (Read 157497 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
(Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:16:54 AM »
>You are Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, and it's been an awful past week.
>Lately you've been having these strange nightmares that consist of what is basically a multi-part The Reason You Suck Speech and Hannibal Lecture delivered by a mysterious, shadowy figure that looked like an Eldritch Abomination. Because of those nightmares, you've been doubting yourself, your position as the Yama, and how moral you really are. You haven't lectured anyone for the past week, which shows just how effective these nightmares are.
>And that's not the only problem. After the first nightmare, you woke up to find your Cleansed Crystal Mirror broken into little pieces. You don't even know if those can be normally destroyed. The day after that, your Rod of Remorse (see above link) was found destroyed as well. And the day after that, your ability to see deeds in black and white stopped working normally, only seeing shades of grey (figuratively). All of this came with a gradual reducing of your power. You're probably only as strong as Yukari Yakumo right about now, and it has no signs of stopping.
>You've been unable to carry out your job for the past week, so you've been hanging out with Komachi. That didn't help you relax at all.
>You have wandered around Gensokyo today, seeking answers to your problems. You have got Reimu to assist you with this. You have went over to Hakugyokurou, witnessed Youmu leaving Yuyuko, and Yuyuko joining your party. You have found out from Reisen about two rival fairy armies who are about to battle at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You have went over to the SDM, and found out about Sakuya's forced compulsion to stab Meiling and found out about Sakuya's minor complaints about her master. (Say, you should go back to her to hear if Ichirin Kumoi knew anything about the fairy armies.) You have visited Eientei and talked to Eirin about your nightmares, and heard the voice in your head who you suppose is behind all this that it's ggoing to do something horrible to Koishi. After that, you visited Yukari. You told her about your nightmares, and have also found out about Ran's dislike of her master. Yukari then gapped you over to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, where you talked a bit with Satori about Koishi your affliction, but gained little from visiting there. After getting back aboveground, you visited Kanako to find out Koishi's whereabouts, and found that she was in the supposedly non-notable eastern western forests of Gensokyo. Over there, you found a field where several fairies were gathered, presumably one of the fairy armies Reisen talked about, "preparing" to invade the SDM. Yeah, this paragraph sounds like boring monotone with all of those periods, but it's certainly better than annoying exclamation marks.
>As Eiki, you are currently pursuing some footprints, who you think are Koishi's footprints.
>As Reimu, you are currently scouting the perimeter of the field for Koishi, not knowing that Eiki seems to have found her.
>As Yuyuko, you are currently being hugged by several fairies who sympathize with you due to the whole Youmu event.

>Note: Your actual name is Eiki Shiki (western order). Yamaxanadu is just a title.
>Any inconsistencies noted by the players will be fixed by the parser. This is my interpretation of the events of Maribel Quest, and my interpretation and the actual interpretation of locations, events, etc. are not exact.

>Deschampsia Dogger: Follow those footprints.
>You follow those footprints into the forest.

>"Koishi, is that you? It is very important we talk, surely you can feel that?"
>There is no answer.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:23:33 AM by Tornado Shiva Double Cross Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 2nd - Text Adventure of Mystic Light
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:37 AM »
>Deschampsia Defender: Keep going. Try to keep concern for Komachi foremost in our thoughts.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
>Deschampsia Defender: Keep going. Try to keep concern for Komachi foremost in our thoughts.
>You keep following the footprints. Koishi is still making footprints, and shows no signs of stopping.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »
>Deschampsia Dialogist: "Koishi, please stop. I only wish to speak with you."
>Keep following.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
>Deschampsia Dialogist: "Koishi, please stop. I only wish to speak with you."
>Keep following.
>"Gah, you know I'm here anyways."
>Koishi appears.
>"The Yama...so, why are you pursuing me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
>Deschampsia Deliverer: "I seek to warn you. There may be someone who intends to make an attempt on your wellbeing. Read my thoughts if you wish, you will see that I am not trying to deceive you."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
>Deschampsia Deliverer: "I seek to warn you. There may be someone who intends to make an attempt on your wellbeing. Read my thoughts if you wish, you will see that I am not trying to deceive you."
>"I can't read thoughts. So...tell me more about this someone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
>"Some one, or some group, from outside of Gensokyo has been tormenting me over the past week. As well, it has gotten to Reisen, and led her to leave Eientei. Sometimes they speak to me, trying to mock me or convince me of their false righteousness. And, they have named you as a future target."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03:30 AM »
>"Some one, or some group, from outside of Gensokyo has been tormenting me over the past week. As well, it has gotten to Reisen, and led her to leave Eientei. Sometimes they speak to me, trying to mock me or convince me of their false righteousness. And, they have named you as a future target."
>"Leave Eientei? That's inaccurate! And false righteousness? That would imply there's such thing as true righteousness."
>She looks shocked. "...What?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:05:32 AM by Tornado Shiva Double Cross Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
>Deschampsia Debriefer: Nod.
>"It is, in fact, trying to play semantics games with me right now. It may not be too late for you, though."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 03:34:26 AM »
>Deschampsia Debriefer: Nod.
>"It is, in fact, trying to play semantics games with me right now. It may not be too late for you, though."
>"Semantics? What does this have to do with that?"
>"Ah...tell me more about this being...or beings."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 11:47:07 AM »
>"They seem to come from outside of Gensokyo. Their influence seems to primarily work through dreams, though I am not certain that is all of their tools. They invade your mind, and begin to fill you with doubts."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 11:46:24 PM »
>"They seem to come from outside of Gensokyo. Their influence seems to primarily work through dreams, though I am not certain that is all of their tools. They invade your mind, and begin to fill you with doubts."
>"Uh-huh. And why is it after me?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
>"All I know is that it mentioned something about a traitor."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »
>"All I know is that it mentioned something about a traitor."
>"...What would I be a traitor to?"
>"Ahem. Koishi called Utsuho a traitor to the Komeijis. Just a reminder."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:56:23 AM by Tornado Shiva Double Cross Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:43:30 AM »
>"Something about Utsuho."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »
>"Something about Utsuho."
>"....What? How could they know about that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:25 AM »
>"I wish I knew. They have a very good method of spying on us, at least. However petty and misguided they may be, it is foolish to underestimate them."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »
>"I wish I knew. They have a very good method of spying on us, at least. However petty and misguided they may be, it is foolish to underestimate them."
>"Understood. But how can you handle an enemy you know next to nothing about?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
>"My intention is to find them, and sort out the rest of the details after that. The Hakurei Maiden is helping me, as is the princess of the Netherworld. Between us, I am confident of our chances."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
>"My intention is to find them, and sort out the rest of the details after that. The Hakurei Maiden is helping me, as is the princess of the Netherworld. Between us, I am confident of our chances."
>"Have you really found out much about them?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:14 AM »
>"Not as much as I would have liked. Yuyuko was able to trace it upwards, once, and claims to have seen a kind of glass platform before it vanished."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:52 AM »
>"Not as much as I would have liked. Yuyuko was able to trace it upwards, once, and claims to have seen a kind of glass platform before it vanished."
>"Do you know which direction to go in?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
>"We're still working on that, unfortunately."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
>"We're still working on that, unfortunately."
>"Do you have any idea which way to go, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
Thought I replied to this.

>"Only vaguely, at best. To be honest, I was hoping that your talents may be of use to us. But, if you can not longer sense mental aspects, there's nothing to be done in that regard. Still, we hope to be able to do something for you."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
>"Only vaguely, at best. To be honest, I was hoping that your talents may be of use to us. But, if you can not longer sense mental aspects, there's nothing to be done in that regard. Still, we hope to be able to do something for you."
>"Mental aspects, you say? I suppose I can help you on that, but I'm not a mind reader like most satori."
>She gestures towards her third eye. It's closed...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
>"I would appreciate that. What can I expect of your talents, then?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:43:29 PM »
>"I would appreciate that. What can I expect of your talents, then?"
>"Hmm...I can reach deep into people's hearts...and see what's inside. Repressed emotions. Secret desires. Traumatic memories. I can also interact with them to an extent. Is that helpful?"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:45:06 PM by Tornado Shiva Double Cross Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »
>"That sounds like it could be immensely helpful."