Author Topic: Need EoSD Extra Help!  (Read 2283 times)

Need EoSD Extra Help!
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »
Ok, I managed to 1cc  Normal on EoSD. But now Im playing Extra mode and it's extremely hard. I can actually get through until the Fairy RIGHT BEFORE Patchouli.
Then theres Patchy herself. I can sometimes beat "Silent Silene" but I usually have to bomb my way through "Royal Flare" and "Philosipher's Stone". Then I can deal with the homing fairies (and still get the 1 up) and the books (Usually I can survive it, but when they all come in a barrage, then I have to bomb or die there. Rarely Survive it.). Then Flandre herself.
Usually because of abit of adrenaline form getting so far, I sometimes mess up on Flandre. So far I can beat Cranberry Trap, Laevateinn, 4 of a Kind (On and off Spell, I can sometimes beat it). Otherwise, the farthest I've ever gotten was "Counter Clock".
Is there anyone who could give me some help?
BTW, I often use Marisa B.

Re: Need EoSD Extra Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
Since you only said cleared Lavatein and not captured, I'll post this here:

Flandre clockwise laser, go around and over Flan.  Sweep to the right, go over Flan.  Sweep to the left you can go through it pretty much horizontal only.  Flandre counterclockwise spin, go up, and then repeat the pattern with the next clockwise laser.  Makes that card pretty much impossible to not capture.

Cranberry trap is aimed blue static purple.  Also, there's a safespot on Starbow Break if you want to abuse that.

Of course, now I notice you've gotten to counter clock, which is after Cadioptric, which is as far as I've gotten, so most of what I said is probably redundant.  Anyway, as for the other cards, I'm not really sure how to explain them.  They make sense to me (except Royal Flare, I've only captured that once), but putting them into words is a bit weird for me.  I'll leave that to someone else.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
I'd say just practice till you know the pattern for the fairies, as far as i know there's no safespot but just pure dodging. For "Silent Silene" my advice, personally would to stay half way across the screen (personally i don't like playing against that card for long periods of time, gets tiring in a way, thus dying) and work your way around and because its closer to patchy, her life will decline further, than shooting from the bottom of the screen.

For Royal Flare, gosh, if you really wanted to capture it go watch some people from youtube or even MoTK's scoring board and have a look around capturing it. but i'm in no position to capture, takes time so i'd bomb it and bomb the next spell too about half way down her life (depending on what shot type you use), lazyness ftw.

Then for Flandre, her spells 1st - 4th shouldn't be a problem.

I'd say for this, go watch someone else clear it on youtube or MotK, i managed to clear it again just to show you, http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12727

Sorry for the Crappyness in my replay and the fail deathbombing. Been rusty.

Cadioptric, can be seen in my reply, for the first wave, go to near the bottom left, after tat wave, then to the near bottom right, and dodge appropriately, then should be the bottom middle for that wave, by then i think you should have captured that card.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:24:30 PM by b0xR »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 05:11:47 AM »
Royal flare can be safespotted.
Make sure you sit so that the the left side of the hitbox touches the center line, and move 1 tap up from bottom
If you are using MarisaA, you don't even have to move; just sit there and the card will end.
If you are using any other character, then after a while, you will have to move _down_ through a wave.
Illustrated through this crappy replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9624

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:30 PM »
Wow, thanks for all your help, I got close...but no cigar.
I got up to "And Then There Were None", and died when all the homing blue danmaku things came out.
Any help for The last 2 spellcards? (BC I will go to QED sooner or later)

Drake

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:02 PM »
There isn't much "strategy" to QED at all, just dodge that sucker.

As for None, you should really just watch a replay for the first half. It's just a follow-the-leader game, so once you get it down once it should be easy every other time afterwards.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »
Royal Flare can be memorized because it's the same thing each time. (This is how I clear it with ReimuA, who can't just stay in one spot to pass the spell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx4KbN5lw30&t=1m48s)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »
"And then there were none"
This one is almost static. Part 1 involves moving around the screen, so watch a replay for that.
Then, it's red, blue, green, yellow, yellow, repeated until the end (and with faster intervals).
Red wave: you have to move through this asap or else you are trapped, so stay a bit above the bottom, and move down through a gap
Blue wave: This shouldn't be hard b/c it's straight, but you just have to beware of the red bullets (from before)
Green wave: dodge it 1 wave at a time, it's really easy
Yellow waves: easier than red wave, basically move through the gaps quickly
Near the end, at around 3s or something, after you dodge the red and blue waves, move up to the center and start shooting.
This way you can take of 1/4 of QED before it starts.

QED
there is no trick. Move through the waves 1 at a time (at least in the beginning), it gets quite fast near the end.