~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade

Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 - DOS Ist Gut, Ja? (3)

<< < (6/7) > >>

Raikaria:

--- Quote from: Golbez on January 08, 2020, 10:10:35 PM ---Terraria run was disappointing. Badger tried hard enough but any runner should prepare for a worse case scenario. I would love to see him back for a non-seeded glitchless run, even if it is just until wall of flesh.

For the runs I watched, it feels like estimated time was way shorter compared to the runs in years before.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the estimates do seem a lot less lenient this year. Also; the delays have basically made it so most of what I could see today was the FF8 9-hour run.

Which managed to come in 15 mins over time, despite apparently having a pretty good run? A decent example of the estimates being pushed lower this year. Estimates according to GDQ guidelines should be 'In 99% of cases you come under it', but it certainly feels like they've been pushed to maybe 80% of the time.

Edit: As awesome as the run of Mushihime-sama Futari is; it's a SHMUP autoscroller; the commentators are treating it like a scorerun; and the estimate is blatantly wrong; [35 min and at 40 and still going] How do you go 5+ mins over a realistic 'estimate' in a autoscroller. Answer: It was probably submitted under false pretense for the amount of time.

Kinda annoying.  As great as the gameplay is this absolutely is not a Speedrun and shouldn't be here.

It's like saying you can really speedrun Touhou. You can do it a *little* faster maybe, but not much.

Ionasal kkll Solciel:
Oh boy, Animorphs is up next.

For doing 125% (there's apparently a dev code for an Ax-based mission), just being two and a half minutes over estimate is actually pretty amazing.

I really should try to get vacation days for next SGDQ. I've missed so many good runs to work and transit and work and sleep and work.

Golbez:
The video's should appear on YouTube in a few days. I will probably miss Luna Nights live unless the schedule  gets more out of whack.

Tamer Anode/Cathode:
The MM3DOS run was even better than I was hoping for because I entirely forgot about the CGA mode incentive

Kilgamayan:
What a fantastic marathon! See you all in June.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version