~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade

Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E

<< < (189/191) > >>

Ionasal kkll Solciel:
blarg I just spent something like five ingame months in Lulua trying to figure out what the hell they wanted me to do to a Craft to unlock the next story segment; turns out that instead of something normal, like getting a specific Effect or getting wacky with the Traits, or reaching a certain Alchemy Level to unlock something that would help, ?specific caliber of item? just meant a high Quality. I'm not entirely sure whether this game has a time limit, so wasting this much time wandering the world is... not great.

AzyWng:
Got Brigador recently.

Gameplay-wise, Brigador is a game where you obliterate cities with mechs. Tank controls (for the most part), a semi-permanent health loss system (shields are rechargeable from enemy drops, but armor cannot be regained at all), a stealth system that means charging in guns-blazing isn't the best solution every time (especially if you choose the smaller vehicles that have less health), fully destructible environments that open up a number of tactical possibilities, and a fair amount of weapons that let you blow things up in a number of ways.

Story-wise, Brigador is a game where you discover that civilians are worth $50 a pop and that you have to pay about $400,000 to see the terms and conditions of your own mercenary contract.

It's one of those stories where literally everyone is terrible. Not that this really affects the gameplay much, since the story and lore is told to you through flavor texts and the like rather than cutscenes.

All in all, I'd recommend, though the controls may take some getting used to and the gameplay can sometimes be outright brutal.

Sheep:
Uh ... lately I'm not even playing video games.
The most recent is Minecraft, which a week ago began to play it after years of not doing it.
A lot of things changed but the game is still fun.
I'll see when I have more time (or desire) to play another game.

Pywackett-Barchetta:
I'm still playing Persona 3.

It's really good.

...I know a lot of you knew that in 2006 but I'm taking my sweet time okay

And while I remember, Watch_Dogs 2 certainly picked up after my initial frustrations, but still never quite matched what I hoped for from it. It was still a fun time but I found myself just getting used to it when it abruptly ended. Only one single setpiece brought back what I really played the first game for. At least ridiculous outfits are always fun still.

I also have recently sampled Red Faction: Guerilla Re-Mars-stered (the name is easily the worst part; the game's pretty damn solid. Destroy an empire. Here's a hammer. Smack things with it. Go have fun. I will have far more glowing praise when I'm not stuck on a weird turret autoscrolling level) and Driver: Parallel Lines (been waffling on this one a long time, finally tried it, and hoo boy yeah it's just worse GTA, never mind, please play Driver: San Francisco). Anyways. I will likely be back to ramble about Persona 3 specifically when it wraps up, which looks to be soon. (I quite enjoyed the first two of the movie adaptions, too; we shall see on the latter two soon.)

Ionasal kkll Solciel:
If you've played Girls Frontline and dropped it for whatever reason, it may interest you to know that EN is currently in a collab event with VA-11 HALL-A, aka waifu bartending simulator. It'll last the rest of the month, so if you want to give drinks to T-dolls, there you go.

Should I save money for a Switch, I wonder. With the increasing amount of games that have to be modified to release on the PS4 (for example, some IF games had to have some CGs altered; Omega Labryinth Life had to pull a Mugen Souls and lost its minigames; hell, it looks like Mary Skelter 2 isn't even going to show up on PS4), maybe it's a good time to save for a potential sale and maybe pick up some Switch exclusives I'm interested in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version