Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 524326 times)

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
So now apparently Yukari finally has an attack where she summons both Ran and Chen. FINALLY

Also, if you freeze the vid at the right moment during Doremy's weird move, she look like a demon lord of dream, with wings and horn lol...Jeez, I know she called herself a ruler of dream, but did she really used to be this JRPG?

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
That one cool arrangement of Ichirin's theme still gets to play in a game, along with some other ULiL goodies, so I'm cool with this. A bit curious about the fates of the U2 and ZUN tracks, tho. I take it most of the soundtrack related efforts might've gone towards stage themes or something ? Cuz if they already made some for the demo, surely following through and making some for the rest of the stages would seem appropriate or something.

On an unrelated note, dunno why, but Yukari kinda strikes me as an oversized orange kitty. A smug one also. Doesn't matter how bizarre and smug Doremy intends to be, that throne is already reserved to Yukari.

Also poor Sumireko's occult seems to have become the HM Mamizou skillcard that pretty much nobody ever picks lol

PK

• Border of Whatever
Glad to see Ran and Chen again.

Drake

doremy's attack is the best thing ever it's so fucking stupid lmao

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

That stupid smug face combined with this weird transformation is really selling me Doremy

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
I have started deleting posts that use that word to refer to Tenshi because you people can't fuckin' read.

If a post of yours mysteriously vanishes, now you know why!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
after watching the video, i realized doremy is the only character i?m excited for out of the three. seriously, why did they pick tenshi and yukari? like, they were already playable. was it really that hard to pick hecatia or clownpeice? or seiga? or kaguya? or any of the shitton of new characters that wouldn?t have been such a massive, utter disappointment?

also, tenshi?s sprite is hella weird looking. the rock is super awkward. some of her attacks are literally copy pasted from SWR too, lmao...

anyway, doremy looks awesome. 😍

normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
I swear, Doremy's spellcard is a reference to something. Not necessarily it by itself, but the parts what make up the whole mecha sheep look. Most likely some monster from mecha series.

I have started deleting posts that use that word to refer to Tenshi because you people can't fuckin' read.

If a post of yours mysteriously vanishes, now you know why!
Whoops, sorry about that. But then again, Tenshi is literally a child now. And was there a cloud pattern in her dress like other people mentioned?

also, tenshi?s sprite is hella weird looking. the rock is super awkward. some of her attacks are literally copy pasted from SWR too, lmao...

Truee lol. I do hope Tenshi's attacks will not be the same as those in SWR because Tenshi would be boring to see her old attacks.

Except if it is Scarlet Weather Rapture then they can go ahead.

And Doremy's attacks which creates another background seems interesting. And that smugface makes it all better.

Hearing Sumireko's new arrange is quite surprising though. I never expected Kasen's and Sumireko's themes to be replaced, but their ULiL tracks are too dramatic and climactic sooo...

And dude, Mamizou's avian attack there is too wide and many. That's crazy.

Seems Mokou there has a new move. It just seems. You can ignore it lol.

And I am looking forward for the backgrounds of Doremy, Tenshi, and Yukari. Like where the heck would Yukari be positioned at? Perhaps the gap world? I don't think so though.

Hopefully the tag system for other characters won't be hard to control the other players to perform combos and such.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
One can say Tenshi looks like a child just fine. The only thing verboten is that particular term, which is inherently sexual and objectifying in nature.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Good stuff. And yeah Doremy's spell card (?) is lol.
The increase in the overall number of projectiles is also interesting.
And why not Necrofantasia?!
Yukari's fighting game theme has always been Night Falls, so I'm not surprised to hear it rearranged once more.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I'm so happy Yukari's theme is Night Falls once again. Interesting new moves we got to see for some of the cast, specifically Sumireko's doppelganger move, and Byakuren's new groundslam move.

Also, seeing Tasofro use a KoiKoro team makes me happy.

Night Falls also isn't my most favorite of track, though. It always sound abit too chaotic for me, which doesn't really match up with Yukari's elegant-ness.

7TC7

• In best company
Hearing Sumireko's new arrange is quite surprising though. I never expected Kasen's and Sumireko's themes to be replaced, but their ULiL tracks are too dramatic and climactic sooo...

Tracks by ZUN have always been reserved for the Semifinal and Final Boss in the fighting games, so its not really a surprise.
The real surprise is Shinmyoumaru getting a new theme (which sounds much better than the ULiL one imo). I don't think anyone elses beside hers changed?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Sumireko can summon shadow clones now?

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Funny how Reimu was paired with Mamizou in the video. Everyone else seemed to be paired with more fitting characters...

Reimu's story intro says she's paired with Kasen. I don't think the video pairs are supposed to mean anything significant.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Sumireko can summon shadow clones now?
That's actually her doppelganger urban legend. It has already been in ULiL in the form of whoever you fight in a mirror match, and is hinted to be so by various victory quotes. More than summoning shadow clones, it's just her using her urban legend.

Oh right, the occult attacks that characters used in ULiL. Sumi didn't have an urban legend for that, she used the occult balls instead, but the occult balls aren't really a thing anymore so they changed it. Makes sense.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Something I just remembered that I want to bring up regarding the last two unrevealed characters. Reminder that Mamizou wasn't actually revealed in Hopeless Masquerade until the game's release, revealed as the penultimate battle for most of the story mode runs.

Just wanted to point out that this is also a possibility that we have one more returning character if they do the same thing, however I personally think this is very unlikely.

EDIT: Proof of this is the Hopeless Masquerade website which still doesn't mention Mamizou, so none of us knew she was in the game until the game's release (except for the few people that datamined one of the demos and saw the full character roster list, but not many people believed it).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:50:01 PM by Gpop »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
That'd require them to have been faking the character select screen all along and I can't see any real good reason for that.

Probably the select screen was just a trap. The random select is actually a spot for another character and the center middle was for random select similar to ULiL.

One can hope though

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
That'd require them to have been faking the character select screen all along and I can't see any real good reason for that.
Not unless we only have one new character instead of two. But again, this is unlikely regardless.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
So the default/story mode teams are:

Reimu/Mamizou
Marisa/Nitori
Byakuren/Ichirin
Miko/Futo
Koishi/Kokoro
Reisen/Mokou
Sumireko/Doremy
Shinmyoumaru/Tenshi
Kasen/Yukari

I'd love to find out the explanation why Tenshi-Sukuna, among others, are paired together

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
So the default/story mode teams are:

Reimu/Mamizou
Marisa/Nitori
Byakuren/Ichirin
Miko/Futo
Koishi/Kokoro
Reisen/Mokou
Sumireko/Doremy
Shinmyoumaru/Tenshi
Kasen/Yukari

I'd love to find out the explanation why Tenshi-Sukuna, among others, are paired together
The pairs shown in the trailer don't have anything to do with story mode. Reimu's profile on-site refers to "a certain hermit", and Kasen's to "that shrine maiden". Miko's refers to "her business rival", which more than likely is Byakuren, and Marisa's partner is "bizarre", which leads me to believe it's either Koishi or Yukari.

According to Tenshi's profile, her partner is "befitting of her noble status", and Shinmyoumaru's is "outrageous".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 07:33:43 PM by PapilLionesskort »
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
I swear, Doremy's spellcard is a reference to something. Not necessarily it by itself, but the parts what make up the whole mecha sheep look. Most likely some monster from mecha series.

The first thing I thought was "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Not my discovery, but someone seemed to have connected that Doremy's mecha sheep thing resembles Daiku Maryu from Gaiking. Maybe not 1:1, but fairly similar.

lmao wtf Doremy. as far as I can tell that's not even an occult attack, it's just one of her normal spell cards. also just listening to the arrange of her theme started giving me flashbacks to her LoLK fight :(

on the other hand I forgot how much I liked Tenshi's theme and that arrange is sick

Drake

Yeah it's pretty certainly the Daiku Maryu from Gaiking. Also mentioned through this is the word connection

大空魔竜 (Daiku Maryu)

大空魔術 ( ~ Magical Astronomy)

HIFU CONFRIMMED

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -