Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519836 times)

I highly suspect Kaguya might be playable, as pairing her with Mokou is common sense.
Je pense, donc je suis.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
But Kaguya and Mokou have a bitter rivalry; them pairing up together seems like... the opposite of sense XD
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

As said, the pairing doens't seem to be the character's choice : they may be forced to do it.

I just wanna speculate that the " an opponent who can't be defeated alone " means that the new character behind this whole possesion thing will possess one of the character we play, and therefore, if you were alone against her, it would just possess you and you wouldn't be able to do anything.

PK

• Border of Whatever
But Kaguya and Mokou have a bitter rivalry; them pairing up together seems like... the opposite of sense XD
Well, look at the game's title :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
'Tater is in Aya's HSiFS ending, so who knows! (It's still not likely.)
You know, it would still be neat if Hater-te got into AoCF to compliment Aya being in the older generation of 2hu fighters.

Mokou is already paired up with Reimu, judging from Reisen's ULIL story mode. Why does almost everyone think they will be paired up with anyone else when that's really obvious?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

The posession may not be permanent, and it may switch to other characters

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
Why does almost everyone think they will be paired up with anyone else when that's really obvious?

That simply because apparently the culprit(s) seemingly taking the advantage during the wake of ULiL and LoLK. If that happens to Reimu and Mokou, then it's possible the same thing also happens to other participants as well. So they don't have choices but forced to make a team-up during this event.

That simply because apparently the culprit(s) seemingly taking the advantage during the wake of ULiL and LoLK. If that happens to Reimu and Mokou, then it's possible the same thing also happens to other participants as well. So they don't have choices but forced to make a team-up during this event.

I wasn't saying that no one else was being possessed, only that Reimu and Mokou won't be paired up with anyone else other than each other. A lot of people here and elsewhere have speculated on who will be paired up with who, often pegging Reimu and Mokou as being with other people (Like Kaguya with the later, as shown above), when it is literally shown in canon that they're stuck with each other. I'm honestly not sure why so many people are missing something that's clearly shown multiple times.

The posession may not be permanent, and it may switch to other characters

That defeats the purpose of predicting who'll be stuck with who, if it can change at the drop of the hat.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
Are you sure? My take on the plot premise is that the "strongest two" aren't the final bosses, but the teams trying to stop them since nobody alone could defeat the final boss/bosses (according to the villagers' rumors). Also that the "bittersweet story" is about the teams mistakenly thinking they are themselves the strongest two, not the final bosses.

my take is that the two silhouettes on the cover are the strongest two that teamed up, and both of them are THE final boss (as a pair, ofc). the main characters (reimu, marisa, miko, etc) are teaming up because you can't beat the pair by yourself. the "perfect possessions" are an urban legend that's manifesting into a real form, much like the other urban legends in gensokyo after the occult incident.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:22:45 AM by david15 »
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

Judging from how it look though, "the strongest pair" is also an Urban Legend too, if it's spread by rumor and know everyone used it. I suspect that is something the girls do, a Gensokyo-made one to counteract the final boss like the moon in IN.

Personally, I'd guess that the perfect possession thing is going to be some kind of side effect or something, and that the final boss will have an entirely different theme and motivation for doing what they do. Nearly every game since UFO has pulled that kind of bait and switch, at least to some degree. Advertising one thing in the demo and then it being completely different in the full game.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Personally, I'd guess that the perfect possession thing is going to be some kind of side effect or something, and that the final boss will have an entirely different theme and motivation for doing what they do. Nearly every game since UFO has pulled that kind of bait and switch, at least to some degree. Advertising one thing in the demo and then it being completely different in the full game.

Pretty much this.  I bet her power'll be something weird-that-makes-a-bit-of-sense like "Manipulation of Names" or something. 

https://imgur.com/a/9RjLQ

Pointless silhouette extrapolation/speculation.
Idk whats going on with their outfits, tbh, especially orange girl.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Hmm, after doing a wee bit of thinking, I got a few ideas regarding some stuff that may have some relation with this time's "perfect possession" incident :

Anyway, going by the series general soul-related lore : from what I can tell, the body is basically the container of the soul, while the soul is like the thing where all the memories, experiences, knowledge and all such things pertaining to defining the individual is located. But the soul seems to play one more role, one where it shapes the body according to what it is : say Futo and Miko for example : in order to become what they currently are, they transfered their souls into some other vessels : in doing so, the vessels inside of which they transferred their souls somehow became their bodies ; take Mokou too for example : while her fighting style involves her taking severe damage and even occasionaly completely destroying her body, she will not only "resurrect" in her exact, same appearance, but will also somehow still remember past stuff, even though her brain, which is usually supposed to be the thing in which memories are stored, gets fried every single time she self destructs. No question about her clothes, please.

So, regarding the way the perfect possession incident present itself, in light of the previous points I mentionned, imo it seems pretty plausible to say that the girls turning into other girls when performing the "perfect possession" thingy might quite possibly have very much to do with their soul switching (which was already fairly obvious tbh). But to begin with, it's not like moving the soul around is obvious though, else a massive amount of people who are interested in immortality would've already went the Futo & Miko route : there's no way regular people's souls (or at the very least people who are not familiar with the way to do so) can be normaly able to move their soul around possessing people.

Point is, I believe it is quite possible that the "perfect possession" part of the incident might actually have something to do with souls getting dislocated or something around these lines ; an incident where other people's souls can get dislocated.

By any means, when it comes to people who somehow end up outside their bodies for no clear and apparent reason, I believe the first urban legend that comes to mind ought to be the Out of Body Experience ones.  If it's just the rampant spread of the ability to use perfect possession, I can kinda see it as a consequence of the Out of Body Experience being misused or something around these lines. There's no telling what the actual responsible for the mess's intentions and motivations may be, though  :X
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:22:52 AM by Suspicious person »

Well, the thing with soul reshaping body is obvious, as that is shown when Reimu suddenly feel sore all over her body because Mokou misused it, IIRC. I also think it's also related with "Butterfly Dream", when one person's dream is another reality, so the constant shift in body is also one deciding to sleep as her partner.

...If that were true though, then essentially the soul have a connection strong enough to "become one", in a sense. And if you're also combining the idea of body reshaping...what happen to the other body when all they need is one? Or perhap...that both of them losed their body at the same times in the dream word, to perhap the culprit?

Well, just my 0.02$. Need the game to actually come out to know for sure.

Drake

Go read the Sumireko transfer mini-arc in WaHH (ch. 29, 35), and maybe her AFiEU article as a bonus. This plus ULiL Extra connects the two incidents through dream souls, which is also why it's unsurprising that Doremy / baku are relevant.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/chara16.html

woop woop here comes the Dor:3my Sw:3:3t train
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy

Her book seems to be opened in one of the images, maybe we'll find out what's in it?
Go read the Sumireko transfer mini-arc in WaHH (ch. 29, 35), and maybe her AFiEU article as a bonus. This plus ULiL Extra connects the two incidents through dream souls, which is also why it's unsurprising that Doremy / baku are relevant.
Maybe Doremy is this game's Kasen

PK

• Border of Whatever

Is the "fake text" inside and under the portraits anything meaningful?

Also got to wonder what happens if someone possesses Sumireko while she sleeps and visits Gensokyo.
Would they swap with her "dream body" in Gensokyo or with her actual sleeping body in the Outside World?

Is the "fake text" inside and under the portraits anything meaningful?
It' the game's title (written normally on the right side and upside down on the left side).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:40:08 PM by niektory »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
So, should it be safe to assume that those weird pink blobs that spawn whenever Doremy manages to hit with her ranged attacks (in the first PV) will basically power her occult or something ? Maybe she's gonna have some meter of some kind or whatever.

Speaking of trains, I hope that her LoLK's extra stage 2nd spell (super express "dream express") will be in this game in the form of something that shall be a worthy successor for Yukari's train thingy, cuz It's very satisfying to ram your opponents with trains. This better be a thing in this game  :V

PK

• Border of Whatever
It' the game's title (written normally on the right side and upside down on the left side).
Are we talking about the same thing?
Every character in that page has some sort of profile and 2 pictures with some text. For example Reimu has
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/image/char_cut001.jpg
(Name + something in black that looks different than the character title)
and http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/image/char_comment001.png

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
ugh, i wish they would just announce the other playable character already.

Are we talking about the same thing?
Every character in that page has some sort of profile and 2 pictures with some text. For example Reimu has
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/image/char_cut001.jpg
(Name + something in black that looks different than the character title)
and http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/image/char_comment001.png
Oh, I thought you were asking about the background here: https://i.imgur.com/QiQDaYu.png

The text under the names are character titles. Reimu has something like "Freewheeling and haphazard shrine maiden".
The purple text below says something like "Body and soul change places; this is called the perfect possession".
Someone who actually knows Japanese will have to translate it (I'm winging it).

Sorry to say that apparently just like HM, some features will not be available upon initial release..,
https://twitter.com/unabara/status/941661115615817729

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
Is anyone able to gleam what sort of features that would entail?
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Is anyone able to gleam what sort of features that would entail?

Tweet says a future blog update will tell what features are still missing but not much more.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
i'm assuming the steam release is gonna have all the features tho? since it's gonna get released later.

Drake

It's only one week after C93. Highly doubtful the Steam release would incorporate anything else unless more patches are released within that time. To be clear, the tweet notes it's assumed there will be a day 0 patch.

Also, lol.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:03:30 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -