Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520374 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
The two silhouettes might be the same character, that can form a team by herself, and in versus mode, you may be able to chose between her two " forms " to chose which one to use as a partner, maybe.
Like I said, a character with split personality fits this bill well.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Am I the only one that find the orange shadow strongly looks similar to Suika ? It reminds me of her horn(with her ribbon on it) and her bottle.

I immediatly thought about Suika too.
Probably just a coincidence, I guess.

Has there been a word lost about further Steam Integration?

As in, does it use Steam's "Join game/Invite to game" function ranging from trading cards. I recall ZUN saying that Tasofro is a wildcard when it comes to that, afterall.

Those silhouette... their colors... I can't believe Shingyoku is coming back before Mima does!
Jokes aside, it will surely just be new characters, so there's nothing but wait left to know how are they like...

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Steam version will be released on January 5th.

Comiket version and Steam version can cross-play with each other

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about.
That doesn't leave too much to support the improved netcode possibility, but it's definitely promising.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

Nice!  I have a gift card that I got for Christmas (I always buy myself a present from my cats to me so I know what it is) and that'll cover more than half the cost of both games.  So January 5th is perfect timing for this!

PK

• Border of Whatever
There's a dragon on the cover.
ULiL's cover had outside world on it, and we ended visiting it :V
I take this back. Apparently it's actually a baku (saw it retweeted by drake), which would refer to Doremy.

Drake

It is just speculation based on the silhouette pattern and context of the game (being related to dream souls, Doremy being included, etc), but I think it's a pretty reasonable guess to think baku will be important. It isn't necessarily that the baku would have to be just Doremy, though!

EDIT: reworded, was confusing
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:19:57 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

game2011

• mineiptXD
I take this back. Apparently it's actually a baku (saw it retweeted by drake), which would refer to Doremy.
I don't see how it resembles a baku.  Looks like two characters to me.

7TC7

• In best company
We aren't talking about the silhouettes but the thing overlayed on them, right? Because yes, thats totally a painting of a Baku. Most of them don't have these japanese-dragon-like antlers, but some paintings sure do.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

PK

• Border of Whatever
Yes, talking about the white lineart mostly visible on the left character. See here:
https://twitter.com/samekamanew/status/937931862944518144
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:33:11 PM by PK »

game2011

• mineiptXD
Yes, talking about the white lineart mostly visible on the left character. See here:
https://twitter.com/samekamanew/status/937931862944518144
Not seeing resemblances to a baku.

Drake

Not the silhouette itself. The pattern on top.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Not seeing resemblances to a baku.
If this isn't a baku I don't know what it is

You can clearly see its face

Poison Cat

The blue silhouette can be a tengu. It seems to have a hat like Aya and Momiji.

Poison Cat

But anyways, it might be something else. If it were a tengu, it wouldn't match the story pretty much.

Drake

That's some guy's short story that won a contest, it isn't folklore.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
While that makes its relevance less likely, I wouldn't discount it entirely. Given The Monkey's Paw appearing in ULiL.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Drake

No I mean it's literally some reader-submitted thing. It says right at the start of the article, and that blurb is the whole story. It's basically Shinto fanfiction. The Monkey's Paw is a century old and is famous.

Wasn't Ichirin's Hasshaku-sama also a relatively recent Japanese creepypasta?

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Was looking through AoCF's Steam page, and got curious about something...

"Online Multi-Player"
Does this imply using Steam's netcode and/or inviting friends to a game as an option, or is it just a general marker?
Want to be sure so I don't set my expectations for improved netcode too high.
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)

Was looking through AoCF's Steam page, and got curious about something...

"Online Multi-Player"
Does this imply using Steam's netcode and/or inviting friends to a game as an option, or is it just a general marker?
Want to be sure so I don't set my expectations for improved netcode too high.
Probably no, as it has been stated that the steam and comiket versions will be interplayable.
Je pense, donc je suis.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Probably no, as it has been stated that the steam and comiket versions will be interplayable.

That's why I thought it could be one of several options to connect to a game, but maybe not.  Oh well.

Wasn't Ichirin's Hasshaku-sama also a relatively recent Japanese creepypasta?
A popular and widespread creepypasta, on par with Slenderman overseas, something ZUN would know about. But the Twin Baku story, which is a single story written by a westerner with very little popularity, is highly unlikely to be something he would enough to base the fucking final bosses on.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Also it's only involving the dream part of the incident, not the soul part or possession part. Beside, the story itself doesn't look like it would jive with either the urban legend aspect, or even Touhou aspect, as it's a morality tale, IMO.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
guys, what are the chances of junko being playable? i need mommy to be in the game real bad. :'(
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
What are the odds Junko decides to come to Gensokyo and engage in fights with its residents-

oh wait the LoLK Extra ending hinted that
(to be serious though I don't think it's very likely)
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
she came to gensokyo in one of the mangas, so... ;)

ugh, imagine if hecatia was also playable and they'll pair up together, just like they did in LoLK. what a missed opportunity...

if doremy is actually gonna be the only LoLK character in the game, i'll be pissed. LoLK has by far the best cast of characters, why not fuckin' use them?
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina