Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519821 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle

So, I guess, the .dll checker is back to cause more havoc? Because the damn thing refuses to start up. Help, please?

And yes, I temporarily removed that file. Didn't help.

Looks like gameplay videos finally showed up on Youtube.
Apparently you can cancel any attack into a tag, even if the attack doesn't actually hit the opponent. I don't know if this was the case in the previous demo, but it looks like an intriguing mechanic.

Also people have come up with tag combos that carry an opponent from one corner to the opposite corner. Fun stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEx_866Wro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YGvj-DrnQ
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Any news on datamining?
I conldn't find anything.

So, I guess, the .dll checker is back to cause more havoc? Because the damn thing refuses to start up. Help, please?

And yes, I temporarily removed that file. Didn't help.
Did you try with thcrap (needs AoFC to be at version 0.021)? I added some things in the thcrap support to avoid these problems.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
The fact that you can cancel any attack into a tag provides amazing options, especially for characters who don't have a lot of combo potential by themselves (Ichirin is a good example).
Creates some really fast-paced fights too.

Marisa + Reisen is a very interesting set of characters because Marisa's neutral special (the bomb) combos into Reisen's projectiles, giving a good mix-up for a combo starter.  In fact, these two characters alone can give an interesting edge to characters with not a whole lot of a projectile game (Mokou was interesting in the demo, but I'm looking squarely at Byakuren).

Personally I'm looking forward to whoever manages to make Koishi tag combos...I will have their utmost respect.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
So who's looking forward to buying this off of Steam sometime early next year? Unabara himself said that's what he wanted to make happen on ZUN's livestream earlier. (and something about ZUN also releasing his games through the platform as well)

Still, I still prefer a CD tho. Pretty sure it would be more sastisfying to enjoy Touhou rather than puschace Digitally

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Personally I'm collecting all the physical copies but if it supports ZUN and Tasogare, I will totally buy a Steam release.  It's kinda crazy that it isn't just a joke anymore, it's a potential reality.
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Does that Steam thread confirm this game will be released physically this year at winter Comiket?

Yeah, I heard they said that in the Japanese stream (but I can't confirm because I don't speak Japanese).

Drake

It was said at 39:00 of Nikenme #86. Of course the caveat is this is the plan, not that they definitely will.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
They made a blog post about it last night, too. They are aiming for the first half of next year but they want it to have it available as soon as possible.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
The HSiFS Steam link is available now, so I'm curious how soon after release AoCF will follow...

Drake

They said something about early 2018 but that's literally just "anytime after C93" and I'm too lazy to go back and see if there was a tighter estimate.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...

for convenience.

(sorry if i did something wrong, just trying to be helpful.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:51:42 AM by ~Shin Kuroi~ »
yawn...

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

for convenience.

(sorry if i did something wrong, just trying to be helpful.)

Errrrr....
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21113.0.html

In which I posted the link to HSiFS at the end of page 2 (default board settings)

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Errrrr....
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,21113.0.html

In which I posted the link to HSiFS at the end of page 2 (default board settings)

uuuuuuuuu.... i didn't see that, i'm sorry.
yawn...

game2011

• mineiptXD
With all the hype of Injustice 2 getting the Ninja Turtles and Tekken 7 getting Noctis from FFXV, let's pretend ZUN decides to jump into the guest character bandwagon and throw in a guest or two into Touhou 15.5, who do you want them to be?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Well, let's see.  It'd have to be someone who fits the mood and style of Touhou.  Someone that can be lighthearted and at ease in a world full of the eldritch drawn from the hearts and minds of men, and kick ass at the same time, while bringing with them top-flight music.

But they've already been lined up for a fighter, so we'll just have to make do with Mirai.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

CyberAngel

• Retired
Goku, natch.

PurpleXCompleX

• Moon Rabbit
With all the hype of Injustice 2 getting the Ninja Turtles and Tekken 7 getting Noctis from FFXV, let's pretend ZUN decides to jump into the guest character bandwagon and throw in a guest or two into Touhou 15.5, who do you want them to be?
No, just no. Crossovers ouf of the blue in official Touhou games would kind of weird me out, honestly.

What I actually would find Interesting would be maybe VIVIT from Seihou Project.
Thats the kind of Crossover / Guest Character I would be totally fine with.

Wasn't that one blonde girl from PoDD also a guest character?  Ellen/Ellie something something, I think?

You can't compare offical Touhou fighters to Tekken and Injustice - there's a borderline between the games where the plot is not relevant at all, and the games where the story plays an important role. All official Touhou games are being the parts of one setting, and everything, that happens in them, affects it. Here you can't put a character into the game just because you want him to be in it - you must have a plot-justified reason for this. This actually makes crossovers completely impossible.

PK

• Border of Whatever
You can't compare offical Touhou fighters to Tekken and Injustice - there's a borderline between the games where the plot is not relevant at all, and the games where the story plays an important role. All official Touhou games are being the parts of one setting, and everything, that happens in them, affects it. Here you can't put a character into the game just because you want him to be in it - you must have a plot-justified reason for this. This actually makes crossovers completely impossible.
Well, yes, making an actually plot-relevant crossover is impossible, but they could put a character only for vs/arcade mode like they did with Meiling in IaMP.
Probably a waste of time and resources for a small company like Tasofro, but it isn't ineherently impossible.

game2011

• mineiptXD
I said let's pretend.  It's a what if scenario, so please just have fun.

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
Well, seeing how ZUN seems to have a liking to throw in some characters based on some vague reference or stuff like that, perhaps we can expect to see Sub-Zero and Scorpion to make it as guest characters because Cirno and Mokou exists. Bad jokes aside, even though it's from Touhou itself, seeing some PC-98 (and by that I don't mean Mima) characters show up again would be nice even though we know it won't happen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:04:25 AM by Jeremie »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Wasn't that one blonde girl from PoDD also a guest character?  Ellen/Ellie something something, I think?

Ellen "Fuwafuwa-atama" Aureus is originally from Takemoto Izumi's Hatarakimono series. And if her THwiki article is to be believed, Ruukoto is also originally from another Takemoto Izumi manga.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Ellen "Fuwafuwa-atama" Aureus is originally from Takemoto Izumi's Hatarakimono series. And if her THwiki article is to be believed, Ruukoto is also originally from another Takemoto Izumi manga.
She's from the time before Gensokyo has solidified, though. It was a time when anything goes as long as ZUN likes it.

Although how much of a meltdown would there be if there's ever a Touhou x KanColle official crossover.

No, just no. Crossovers ouf of the blue in official Touhou games would kind of weird me out, honestly.

What I actually would find Interesting would be maybe VIVIT from Seihou Project.
Thats the kind of Crossover / Guest Character I would be totally fine with.

I heard ZUN is friendly with Ryukishi07, I would be surprised if we get a crossover from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Umineko no Naku Koro ni, but at least it would be more welcome than some random stuff.
Of course VIVIT would fit in just right, Yuuka was already playable at Seihou after all, and Reimu and Marisa were bosses.

While I would genuinely love to see VIVIT in a touhou game, aren't the people who made seihou disbanded? Or did I misunderstand something?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

myon

• Excellence
While I would genuinely love to see VIVIT in a touhou game, aren't the people who made seihou disbanded? Or did I misunderstand something?

Shunsatsu Sare Do?'s website seems to be still active, so I guess not. Last blog post was earlier this month aswell. But that could be the circle itself and not the members that were crucial to the development of Seihou.