Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519995 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah. Gameplay/story segregation. Similar to how you can get "bad ends" in the normal games where you aren't as good as the girls canonly are, you can play better than Seiga would actually be capable of and no-item-clear stages. Also seen in GFW Extra; Cirno's the one beat up at the end, even if technically it's possible to flawlessly defeat Marisa without even standing in the low-power lasers. Doesn't hurt that Seiga's implied to not be -that- great at danmaku in DDC, and that she probably would cheat the attacks before seriously attempting to do 'em legit (a large portion of them require dozens of retries to no-item regardless of skill, anyway- even excluding the top 20% hardest cards)

Anyway, yeah, with the translated dialogue brought up... Mokou's fighting fiercely but there's really no reason to believe she's attempting to commit murder. She was just a bit more pumped up than usual.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

She was more fired up than usual. There are often times when the characters say something alluding to killing someone anyway. Take Remilia saying that you killed Sakuya.

Hey

even if mokou (did or didn't) kill reisen she'll always respawn

the characters when defeated explode into a small yellow spark

then respawn

on another note

>tfw no kumoi as a playable character in the demo  :^^^^(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:42:32 PM by Kirisame Project »

Since this game is getting closer and closer to release now. I figured that I would write a list of the 4 characters that I would like to see:

Seiga
Shou
Kaguya (so that she could be an actually interesting character for once instead of just an lame sexist stereotype.)
Uuuuh..... Clownpiece maybe?

Oh wait this is fucking Twilight Frontier we're talking about, here's what I'm expecting to get instead:
Cirno
Reimlia
Sakuya
Youmu
Its really lame how Twilight Frontier always goes with what they think fans want instead what they actually need.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Its really lame how Twilight Frontier always goes with what they think fans want instead what they actually need.

I don't know what that even means.
Oh wait this is fucking Twilight Frontier we're talking about, here's what I'm expecting to get instead:
Cirno
Reimlia
Sakuya
Youmu
It's already been confirmed that all the new characters will be new to fighters. Nobody from the IaMP-Hisou era will be added to this game (bar Reimu and Marisa, of course). Plus none of those characters have been in a fighter for..... five years, I think? Idk why you'd think Tasofro would add them now as opposed to HM or ULiL.

Anyway, I'm not sure about specific characters, but here's what I think we'll see (from most likely in my mind to least likely):

A new character (duh)
A LoLK character (it's a toss-up between them, really. The only person I'd be surprised to see is Doremy.)
A character from pre-DDC (maybe Nue?)
A second LoLK character
A DDC character (could be Seija or Raiko)
A second new character
A character from pre-MoF (Kaguya, probably)
Kosuzu

As for who I want to see...
New Boss
Seija
Nue
Junko/Clownpiece
Hecatia
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

I don't know what that even means.

I mean that Twilight Frontier loves to use popular characters instead of characters that actually make sense. Like Nitori and Reisen.

Sorry for phrasing that badly.
I don't know what that even means.It's already been confirmed that all the new characters will be new to fighters.
Can i please get a source for that?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
I mean that Twilight Frontier loves to use popular characters instead of characters that actually make sense. Like Nitori and Reisen.
Where did you get the idea Tasofro is the one who chooses which characters appear and which don't?

Can i please get a source for that?

Huh. Now that you mention it, I CAN'T find a source for it. Looking back, I just see someone saying it's already been confirmed that the new characters will be ones that haven't appeared in fighters yet, and then much later on a bunch of other people claiming it. I wonder if it's really true, or if someone else can find a source.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"

Anyway, I'm not sure about specific characters, but here's what I think we'll see (from most likely in my mind to least likely):

A new character (duh)
A LoLK character (it's a toss-up between them, really. The only person I'd be surprised to see is Doremy.)
A character from pre-DDC (maybe Nue?)
A second LoLK character
A DDC character (could be Seija or Raiko)
A second new character
A character from pre-MoF (Kaguya, probably)
Kosuzu

As for who I want to see...
New Boss
Seija
Nue
Junko/Clownpiece
Hecatia

For the representatives from LoLK, Sagume is possibly the biggest candidate of being one of the new rosters in AoCF, considering she's partially responsible for the whole mess in ULiL and LoLK. Mainly,
Spoiler:
secretly using Sumireko during Reimu's finale arc by making her obtaining the Lunar Capital Occult Orb, allowing the people of Lunar Capital migrating to Gensokyo just for escaping from Junko's purifying ability
. If she is included in roster, expect her story is about how she deals with the Perfect Possession incident, along with dealing the one who responsible for the incident. Another possible LoLK representatives are Clownpiece and Hecatia. In their storyline, I can imagine if they also investigating the Perfect Possession incident with their own method. I expect Hecatia will have a similar distaste to the final boss of the game, not unlike Komachi towards Tenshi during her scenario in SWR. In this case, Hecatia dislikes the final boss' intention of messing everyone's mind, body and soul.

From DDC, Seija and Raiko also being good additions too. But considering Seija being an outlaw (even by Gensokyo standards), Raiko might be one and only DDC representative to join in AoCF roster.

In terms of penultimate boss, along with the final boss, another newcomer might be take this position, possibly making the first time since SWR to include a newcomer as a penultimate boss.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Huh. Now that you mention it, I CAN'T find a source for it. Looking back, I just see someone saying it's already been confirmed that the new characters will be ones that haven't appeared in fighters yet, and then much later on a bunch of other people claiming it. I wonder if it's really true, or if someone else can find a source.
At the very least, someone said it on twitter
https://twitter.com/aaaaari35/status/807983252438822913
Apparently was said during the announcement? Should wait for someone here to confirm i suppose.

I can't see Sagume giving a crap of whatever is happening in Gensokyo, her fault or otherwise.

The LoLK playable character would probably be Clownpiece, Seiran, or Ringo, who are all already in Gensokyo. If Sumi's dream thingy turns out to be involved, Doremy has a high chance to get in, too.

Other than that, no idea. The Perfect Possession doesn't seem to have any limit to its victims, so theoretically everyone can get in. Personally I think it would be neat if we see rarely-appearing characters. So below is just a wishlist:

- Kaguya. Mokou already got in, so why not.
- Flandre. We haven't seen anything from her for a long time. Might be interesting to see how acts if she got dragged outside due to the possession.
- Kogasa. Surprise!
- Raiko. Can't think of any reason for her to get in, but I like her.
- Yuuka. Hey, both the Japanese and English title has "flowers" in them.
- Momiji or Hatate. Some tengu that's not Aya for a change.
- Yuugi. Possible interesting interactions with Kasen.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:29:32 AM by TrueShadow »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Doremy
Doremy might seems like a weird choice when it comes to possible characters, but after thinking about it, she surprisingly has various things going for her that would make her a logical choice to put in the roster. Like, going by ULiL's extra mode, Urban legend users are more likely to be affected by the perfect possession incident. While literally anyone can change the nature of the materialized urban legends by spreading rumors, actually using a specific urban legend requires some compatibility between the potential user and a specific urban legend : the thing is that the user may not necessarily pick the urban legend herself, like with Mokou getting her urban legend from Kasen or some random passerby sticking the Kunekune urban legend behind Reisen's back. So basically, it's possible to make someone become an urban legend user, without their consent.

So... what do any of that have to do with Doremy ? Well, AFiEU kinda have that one article about "this girl" that people claim to have seen in their dreams, complete with a hand-drawney sketch of Doremy's face with especially thick eyebrows... the whole article really reminds of this man's urban legend . Seems pretty compatible with Doremy due to obvious reasons. What if Doremy ended up with this one urban legend (albeit altered a bit cuz she a grill) ? There might also be various stuff that can be explored easily with Doremy, like the dream souls in case they DO turn out to be relevant, anything with "differents locations" and the Dream World, Sumireko shenanigans or whatever... How would she fare in a fitegame, that, I do not know, but neither did anyone see how Koishi would be a fighter, so... why the hell not  :V ?! Dunno how an incident that involves Gensokyo would manage to involve someone from the Dream World, tho...

At any rate, whoever's gonna get in this game are characters that can go together with urban legends. I'm especially curious to see whether someone's gonna come with the "Moon landing hoax" urban legend from LoLK...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:47:09 PM by Suspicious person »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
But still, I find it chilling that Mokou is the first character in canon to blatantly violate the "all battles must be non-lethal" part of the Spell Card Rules when she decided to kill Reisen in ULiL PS4 Extra Stage.
Even the most villainous and literally insane 2hus ever presented - Flandre, Tenshi, Utsuho, Seija, Junko and Hecatia - kept their attacks non-lethal. But Mokou, the one you least expect to give the SCR the middle finger, is the first to do so in canon...
Sakuya uses knives, and Youmu has a sword.  I don't see how those can be nonlethal...

@the old guy: You do know that TF aren't the ones in charge of picking characters for the roster, right

On the one hand Sagume already accomplished her goal with the occult orbs. She was going to move the lunar capital to gensokyo, but since the heroes beat up Junko she doesn't have to. She doesn't care about gensokyo or sumireko or the occult balls or any of that- her issue is already taken care of so she has no reason to get involved. That's the reason the urban legend incident is still going on in the first place- Sagume is either unable or unwilling to fix it.

On the other hand, I can definitely see her getting accidentally dragged in. Perfect Possession doesn't seem like an intentional thing among the people affected by it (at least not at first) so maybe she got swapped with some earthling and is pissed about it now.

Also, every LoLK character except for Doremy and Sagume are now either in Gensokyo or come and go freely. Junko and Hecatia are hanging out at Eintei.

I don't think the Urban Legend reaches the moon, or anywhere outside Gensokyo. Sure, Sagume, Hecatia, or Junko could be affected if they were visiting Eientei during the incident, but that's kind of forcing it.

I want a Prismriver sister to appear in the game

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Comiket 92 info is out! Amazingly, Tasofro is in the list of circles that lost the lottery (which might also mean they had withdrawn their application?). If they were to release something AoCF at C92 (as their circle cut indicates), they will have to do it elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:08:58 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Comiket 92 info is out! Amazingly, it looks like Tasofro has lost the raffle this time, so if they were to release something AoCF at C92 (as their circle cut indicates), they will have to do it elsewhere.
What do you mean they lost the raffle? They can't appear in Comiket?

Drake

There are a fixed number of circles Comiket can accommodate for. Invariably there are more applicants than booths, so a raffle is done to select which circles get booths.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
This year was particularly tight since they can't use all of West Hall for anything besides the corporate area so it's pretty rough.

(Although I managed to get in somehow rofl)

But seeing some other tweets by people who are "in the know" it's possible they just cancelled their application.

cuc

In whichever case they are quiet now. Touhou twitter is still exploding over it.

It's generally believed (and likely true) a circle as important as Tasofro would receive a so-called "blue envelope" from Comiket. An application submitted with it can bypass the lottery, or at least has a high chance of winning. Some say Tasofro may have missed submitting something (like the blue envelope itself). reasoning they would have told us if they had withdrawn.

But... I think we are already used to Tasofro taking their time to clarify stuff.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:44:14 PM by cuc »

They already said AoCF was only 20% done when the demo came out and that they might not be able to finish in time for comiket, right? Them cancelling isn't a huge surprise...

yeah i highly doubt the game would have come out anyway

that being said, well, uh, lol?

maybe they could spend some more time fixing that startup crash in the meantime, huh!

cuc

In tomorrow's (9 PM, June 11 JST) Touhou Station Episode 2 stream, Unabara will make an emergency appearance for an interview about failing to enter Comiket.

The main topic of the ep is the recent "Reitaisai in Taiwan".

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv297551890
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:13:55 PM by cuc »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
I shouldn't be laughing at this but I just can't stop.

cuc

The interview happened at the start. The truth is unsurprising: Tasofro once targeted a summer Comiket release, but had withdrawn from the lottery since the target is quite impossible. The full version will be released at "an event in or after Fall 2017" - they discussed their options, but nothing is set in stone. There will be a web demo.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Not a huge surprise, but Tasofro seems like they seriously don't have their act together. I have to wonder if they're planning on pulling another HM and just rushing the game out to make a fall release?

I want to be optimistic and hope that this is to give the game all the polish and care it needs to avoid another buggy, glitchy mess, but the fact that they failed to make an announcement in advance and on top of their recent track record (their only game aside from HM and ULiL to come out of late was shoot shoot nitori in 2014, and that was a completely garbage effort for a circle that's been around for as long as they have been), it's not really looking good for ACoF...

Here's hoping they can pull through and deliver us a good game!

i... wouldn't criticize them for having trouble. game development is legitimately hard, especially of something as complicated and asset-heavy as a fighting game. nearly a thousand frames per character was the norm for iamp/swr/soku! that's a lot!

honestly if you think about it, it's absolutely insane that they were able to produce the games that they did, when they did.

when you do that it's easy to just bit off way more than you could chew. HM's original design was a straight up copy of Astra Superstars, right down to the popularity mechanic, very unambitious game design. however, someone clearly had a point to prove as they spent a lot of time and effort patching it over time.

i will absolutely criticize them for having completely useless anti-hacking code that harms normal users though, they deserve that.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
What are the chances of it not coming out until 2018?