Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 520496 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
You know what's ironic about the
Spoiler:
Kosuzu-as-a-possible-boss
theory?

Someone brought up the theory back during the Wild Mass Guesses for ULiL, citing the Forbidden Scrollery chapter in which
Spoiler:
Kosuzu was possessed by the ghost of a set of antique love letters
, and used that to explain how
Spoiler:
Kosuzu
might have an appearance in ULiL, possessed by the then-unidentified "Hanako". That turn out to be not the case:
Spoiler:
Kosuzu
isn't even mentioned in ULiL, and "Hanako" is revealed to be the fully-human Sumireko. The jossed theory is, funny enough, forgotten within the same week it was brought up, and that's before ULiL full version is released.

But then came FS chapter 50, and suddenly, everyone is finding
Spoiler:
Kosuzu-as-a-boss-in-AoCF
as a highly likely possibility...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Spoiler:
Kosuzu-as-a-boss-in-AoCF

Meh, i talked about this possibility at the release of FS 49 though, but i get your point ^^.

And speculation is speculation, if we get proved wrong, of course the theory will instantly vanish.

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
Spoiler:
Kosuzu-as-a-boss-in-AoCF

Specifically, a penultimate boss.
Spoiler:
Kosuzu
might be a possible candidate to fill a penultimate boss role, similar to Kasen in ULiL. And if this is confirmed,
Spoiler:
she's
become the second character in the franchise's history to debut in an official print work, then become playable in an official game. Who knows in AoCF, this might serves as one of
Spoiler:
Kosuzu's
character development, as
Spoiler:
she's
more than happy to get her hands dirty e.g. able to defend herself from a hostile youkai.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:18:30 AM by OrbOrigin »

Spoiler:
She's
become the second character in the franchise's history to debut in an official print work, then become playable in an official game.

Everyone forgets about Aya rip.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

CyberAngel

• Retired
Everyone forgets about Aya rip.

BAiJR and PoFV came out, like, three days apart, practically at the same event, so that counts as a simultaneous debut instead.

I was thinking that if she was a boss in the game it'd be pretty cool, but now I'm thinking that it'd be kind of.. disappointing, I guess? It seems odd for something to be resolved in another platform.

I was thinking that if she was a boss in the game it'd be pretty cool, but now I'm thinking that it'd be kind of.. disappointing, I guess? It seems odd for something to be resolved in another platform.
they did start the fairy war in the manga but resolve it in the game same with ULiL

they did start the fairy war in the manga but resolve it in the game same with ULiL
Well, the Urban Legend incident hasn't quite been resolved yet. As for Great Fairy Wars, wasn't that a one-chapter thing that didn't connect to the rest of the series?

Spoiler:
While I think it's very possible for Kosuzu to be in, WaHH's Urban Legend stuff and GFW aren't quite the same as this. The urban legend stuff was a side plot, and the GFW stuff didn't last very long at all.

The stuff with the youma books, the 4chan teller and all the questioning of humanity's place in Gensokyo, Kosuzu's powers slowly growing and growing, increasing youkai influence on her... This really feels like what the entirety of FS has been building up to.

A better comparison, I think, would be Kasen finding her arm or being outed as an oni in a game rather than the manga. Which are both possible but less likely than some side arc getting turned into a main game.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

So NicoNico has started a programme called "Touhou Station". It will be a "variety show" hosted by Beat Mario, and the first episode will be broadcast tomorrow at 5 PM JST. ZUN will be burning his HSiFS CD-R discs from the show room remotely from somewhere else, and Tasofro will probably show off the AoCF demo.

Reposting since its relevant here aswell.

Would be great if someone could take note of all the information!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:34:13 AM by cuc »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Unabara tweeted, the demo will support playing against humans and the computer, and a simple Practice mode. You can play online by "free matching" or by IP address. The demo won't support using network lobbies or creating replays.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Drake

Tasofro blog has updated with a picture of the demo CD and a short write-up. The demo will have only Reimu, Marisa, Mokou, and Reisen. Also confirmed that AoCF will be showcased on Touhou Station if it wasn't obvious.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:25:59 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

What's this blue thing? This can't be reisen, can it?

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
Where's zoom & enhance when you need it.

Drake

It's Reisen. I was confused at first too but they had announced just the four characters, and then if you check the main site you can see the blue Reisen in the banner logo.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
i'm so ready
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Let's hope there will be new characters in the demo and not just those 4.

Let's hope there will be new characters in the demo and not just those 4.

They literally said these will be the only 4.

I am only interested if they massively improved the float mechanics, that's the only thing I care about when it comes to the demo, let's hope they wont disappoint.

What I want to see are details on how Perfect Possession will work. I don't mind the floating all that much.

Gondolin

• The Hidden Rock
It'll be cool to see how their new system works, though it is slightly disappointing they're not showing off a newly included character for the demo. Just going to need to wait a bit longer!

I feel like we'll know the rest of the cast pretty quickly. Last year it got datamined right? Plus there's that one guy who made accurate predictions about HM and ULiL. I'm excited to see who's teamed up with who.

CyberAngel

• Retired
Last year it got datamined right?

inb4 Tasofro learned their lesson and will use dummy names

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
They literally said these will be the only 4.

I am only interested if they massively improved the float mechanics, that's the only thing I care about when it comes to the demo, let's hope they wont disappoint.
Way to not know how to build hype...  At least data mining is worth looking forward to!

Drake

90% of you probably haven't played the PS4 version anyway so Reisen is effectively new

Speaking of, how will the characters be? As in moves, damage, combos and such? Are they likely to reuse what was in the most recent Urban Legend in Limbo patch, or will everything have been redone?

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
i'm the only one who really wanna see kaguya in the full AoCF?

I don't particularly want her to be in, but she is someone I thought had a good chance of showing up since she was a candidate for Hisou. Though if Mokou and Reisen are a team I don't think she'll make it.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
I don't particularly want her to be in, but she is someone I thought had a good chance of showing up since she was a candidate for Hisou. Though if Mokou and Reisen are a team I don't think she'll make it.

True, tho i wonder how she would look like in it, this might sound stupid but what if Marisa&Reimu and Reisen&Mokou are duos only in the demo? that could be a possibility, right?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:29:17 AM by Nebulae--Addict »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
Yeah, I'm hoping for Kaguya but it seems unlikely now..

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
A closer look from the live :