Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519839 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Well I already know I'm gonna go with team KoiKoro, best friends(?) forever :V

if i want to do dumb chara speculation it's that a game about repeatedly reversing leadership would probably have seija

It was already confirmed that the only new characters are going to be ones that werent available so far in Fighters.

The fact that its obviously another floater makes me kinda sad, but im optimistic theyll get it right this time. Meme balls gone are already a good enough sign to get me optimistic.

I think two new charas, plus Sagume, Kaguya and nue? can be plausible. Kaguya was going to be in a fighter(SWR, if I don't recall wrong) so it would make sense, and Sagume was the one responsible of all the urban legend stuff, plus she is the new book. The pairs in the story mode could be something like this: MariNito, Reishin, SagumexReisen, MokouxKaguya, Hijimiko, ichifuto, Koikoko, KasenxSuminerdko, the two news, Maminue.
tl;dr some fandom favorites return in a plottwist no one could see coming, like Kisune, Tokiko, Kosuzu, that kappa that appears in WaHH and a new one. After tanned Cirno being the champion of Summer, nothing will surprise me anymore.

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
It was already confirmed that the only new characters are going to be ones that werent available so far in Fighters.

The fact that it's obviously another floater makes me kinda sad, but I'm optimistic they'll get it right this time. Meme balls gone are already a good enough sign to get me optimistic.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of interquel fighters, but I would like to see the "Urban Legend incident" will finished for good, coupled with some improvements here and there, in terms of flight system.

I also expect when it comes to a certain team in the game, each characters has their own shared character themes. Not unlike Len'en's RMI.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:03:40 PM by OrbOrigin »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
I think two new charas, plus Sagume, Kaguya and nue? can be plausible. Kaguya was going to be in a fighter(SWR, if I don't recall wrong) so it would make sense, and Sagume was the one responsible of all the urban legend stuff, plus she is the new book. The pairs in the story mode could be something like this: MariNito, Reishin, SagumexReisen, MokouxKaguya, Hijimiko, ichifuto, Koikoko, KasenxSuminerdko, the two news, Maminue.
tl;dr some fandom favorites return in a plottwist no one could see coming, like Kisune, Tokiko, Kosuzu, that kappa that appears in WaHH and a new one. After tanned Cirno being the champion of Summer, nothing will surprise me anymore.
Some of those teams make no real sense unless the characters in question find themselves forced to team up for one reason or another (SaguReisen, MokoKagu, Hijimiko, Ichifuto most notably.)

OrbOrigin

• "The galaxy of light is calling me!"
I think two new charas, plus Sagume, Kaguya and Nue? Can be plausible. Kaguya was going to be in a fighter (SWR, if I don't recall wrong) so it would make sense, and Sagume was the one responsible of all the urban legend stuff, plus she is the new book. The pairs in the story mode could be something like this: MariNito, ReiShin, SagumexReisen, MokouxKaguya, HijiMiko, IchiFuto, KoiKoko, KasenxSuminerdko, the two news, MamiNue.
tl;dr some fandom favorites return in a plot twist no one could see coming, like Kisune, Tokiko, Kosuzu, that kappa that appears in WaHH and a new one. After tanned Cirno being the champion of Summer, nothing will surprise me anymore.

Some of those teams make no real sense unless the characters in question find themselves forced to team up for one reason or another (SaguReisen, MokoKagu, Hijimiko, Ichifuto most notably.)

For what I believe, Sagume, no matter how neutral she is, she will involved in Perfect Possession incident. However, ZUN doesn't want include some OP newcomers, so she might entrusts her responsibilities to her subordinates instead.

Remember, in AoCF, every participants have their own reason to be involved in this Perfect Possession incident; some are curious, some wants to increase their fame, some are unwittingly dragged into it, and of course for the incident resolvers, to expose the threat and stop the culprit i.e. the final boss of the game.

Hey guys. So as obvious that it could seem, there are two spellcards combined for an attack. So I've been wondering which spellcards would be dang OP. Unless if I'm wrong then you can ignore this.
Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Dragon-Slaying Circle" + Heaven Sign "Five-Element Mountain of Shakyamuni".
When's Mahvel.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

I'd want to see Sakuya in this game just to see what you could pull off with time stopped for every character, but was it said earlier in this thread that characters that were already in one of the fighting games wouldn't return? I don't remember.

Wait guys, I thought up of something. Since mirror matches are possible, would it be possible for a master and slave to be the same character? Because that would be funny with the Blazing Star + Master Spark here. Like when Marisa's a Master but another Marisa's a slave.

Confusing but, hey. Do some of those speculations everyone here are good at.

i swear if they add cirno to this game too i'm going to be so mad
Expect to be disappointed.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Regardless if people hate this game because of the flying mechanics, the new characters are still going to be welcome additions to the series.  Kokoro did not become the least popular and most hated character in the series just because of her debut game, right?

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
...? shes the least popular and most hated? huh?
yawn...

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
...? shes the least popular and most hated? huh?
I mean Kokoro is still very popular despite debuting in a widely hated game.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
inb4 "Slave Spark" instead of "Master Spark"

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Divine Arts "Omnidirectional Dragon-Slaying Circle" + Heaven Sign "Five-Element Mountain of Shakyamuni".
When's Mahvel.
That's cute.

Unlike the Byakuren chop (which became comboable but much weaker), this is still a thing in 1.40.
It doesn't usually hit that hard without a counterhit or bad RNG, but you still pretty much have to stay the hell away from j.2A range or forfeit the round once Ichirin has full meter.  :V

would it be possible for a master and slave to be the same character?

I personally think this will be something that only Mamizou can do (aka immitate the "master").

I personally think this will be something that only Mamizou can do (aka immitate the "master").

Dont give them ideas

every character having their own stupid gimmick already made ULiL confusing enough...

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I mean Kokoro is still very popular despite debuting in a widely hated game.
Bold claim considering the only people who hated  the game were soku players (in the same fashion IaMP players hated SWR/soku) and some people who weren't used to the floaty gameplay.

Most of the casual base enjoyed the game in a casual sense, and there were a few of the more competitive people who liked this game...well more than soku at least :V

Bold claim considering the only people who hated  the game were soku players (in the same fashion IaMP players hated SWR/soku) and some people who weren't used to the floaty gameplay.

Most of the casual base enjoyed the game in a casual sense, and there were a few of the more competitive people who liked this game...well more than soku at least :V

Lol, I agree with that. Personally I liked these floaters. But if we're talking about gameplay here, I'd say I'd like the Soku system way more because of fast and smooth gameplay. If soku was continued, it would have probably been a great game. Imaging HM and ULiL as a Soku like game is so cool.

But then again, the floaters seem to be a bit of a challenge to me because of the different style of this fighter. Not before long, it has been my favorite because of how creative combos can be done "in mid air".

Opinions aside, fans has got to love the new game, because me, as a recent fan, has got to love the incoming games. Because it's better than nothing, right? Considering how small the team is. Plus, it has more fancier graphics so gotta stick for the new ones for now.

Casual fans eat anything with Touhou characters and easy basic combos in it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:29:38 PM by Romantique Tp »

fyi going by download count, from the swr/soku era, the fighting game translations were more popular than most of the mainline shmup translations combined

it's real easy to get hung up on the opinion of your local circle without looking at the broader view, and most fans just want to press buttons and see sparks fly

i'll admit that i did feel a bit of schadenfreude when HM came out and i was like "yeah, feel my pain" at the soku communities, though. even then, that game was definitely released unfinished in most ways...

fyi going by download count, from the swr/soku era, the fighting game translations were more popular than most of the mainline shmup translations combined

it's real easy to get hung up on the opinion of your local circle without looking at the broader view, and most fans just want to press buttons and see sparks fly

i'll admit that i did feel a bit of schadenfreude when HM came out and i was like "yeah, feel my pain" at the soku communities, though. even then, that game was definitely released unfinished in most ways...

Where are you getting those stats from?

hi, i worked on those translations

Hey guys. So as obvious that it could seem, there are two spellcards combined for an attack.
Oh, I didn't understand what you meant at first. Were you referring to how it looks like both Fantasy Orb and Master Spark are being shot out from Marisa? I also just noticed that two Spell Cards are declared and how there's something written under Marisa but not Reisen. Anyone know what it is?

Drake

In the screenshot Reimu has activated Perfect Possession with Marisa, and they are using both Musou Fuuin and Master Spark.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Oh, sorry, must've overlooked that. And is that what the text under Marisa's portrait says, then? Perfect Possession?

Drake

Yep. The gauge is obviously something that represents e.g. the time before you can swap again.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

most fans just want to press buttons and see sparks fly

If you're referring to me, that's not it. I'm also aiming for competitive play.

But, no I'm not going to argue which game is better now. I'm not good at those things.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Well, the recently released FS chapter might be hinting us of a possible evil entity appearing in this game.