Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 519933 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Well, the two of them are wicked, it's not like they don't have anything in common.
Wicked hermit is more of a title for Seiga.  She doesn't cause large-scaled chaos and trouble like Seija, at least to the point where she becomes wanted.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
I wasn't saying she caused some kind of massive chaos. But using a dead corpse as a bodyguard is still wicked, though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:41:06 PM by MaskedLeon »

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Sanae, Suwako and Okuu were in Soku. Other than that, wasn't Clownpiece power due to the fact she was empowered with Junko power? Unless she still is, I bet she is as strong as other fairies, maybe more. That is not me implying I don't want her on the fighters, on the contrary. Just wondering
She has the loosely based power req. but not the expertise and knowledge. for AoCF.I'm gonna explain more in detail and there are still other briefer replies,both are nice. On the "empowered by Junko power" you are right  she no longer is in Incident Mode but she was Powerful outside the "Fairy Category" ,being The Hell Fairy/Lamapadae Right-Hand of Hecatia Goddess of "Hell":o .Related amazing read http://mangafox.me/manga/touhou_sangetsusei_visionary_fairies_in_shrine/v01/c001/1.html . On Vol.1 The Three fairies of light are positive "She feel  the strongest we have encountered....She could even be a strong as a  Youkai".on Vol.4 her Endurance earned from Hell and....Of course  how Strongly ,Skillfully,with Experience,ecc. one express a Power is a part of the issue too!  in fact,Intervention Award In the vol. 4 is for :D Cirno  not Clownpiece who was left amazed by the novelty and usage  of her "Iced Up" Power giving her all till passing out.This already happened in the past.She was motivated(ref. Fairy Wars mainly but also before it) ;this is a  special once for it is during the 2nd Hottest  :o Summer(1st in EoSD).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:06:25 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Re: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Flowers of Possession)
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »
This is not entirely related to Touhou 15.5 but from what I have gathered from Touhou 14.5 PS4, the AI has improved considerably. Opponents can shoot, dodge, use spell cards unlike Street Fighter V's sitting duck AI. Still, they don't really put much of a fight. The most disappointing part is that the Arcade Mode lasts only a single round, unlike Vs com or player that you can set the number of rounds, which is not satisfying. You can also set handicap on yourself or com in Vs Com and Vs player, which is nice. Opponent's spell cards in extra mode is harder to dodge and the effects are very impressive. The final boss is much more intense, arguably even more than Sumireko!

With all things considered, this makes me wonder why just now that they make the better AI, more modes and customizable difficulty/handicap. Is it because they just know to implement those? I dunno. Let's hope that Touhou 15.5's gameplay is just like ULiL PS4 but with some improved on the difficulty and rounds.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
I wasn't saying she caused some kind of massive chaos. But using a dead corpse as a bodyguard is still wicked, though.
You can't really be considered wicked or heartless if you're using something that's already dead.  Maybe it's not respecting the dead, but Yoshika is still happy anyway.

hope its not a ps4 exclusive  :ohdear:

it might use a system similar to MvC

judging by the The strongest two have joined forces that or it will do it in the style of Scarlet weather raspady with two new characters one right after the other,

but it might not be new at all zun seems to have started adding characters from the official manga in  so it might be
Spoiler:
  Watatsuki sisters
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:34:22 AM by hazerddex »

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
There hasn't been any cases of ZUN making a statement at one point only to defy it himself at a later time. If he said the Watatsuki Sisters will never appear as bosses, then they're never going to be bosses. He can have either one or both of them as NPCs, but bosses appear to be an option he'll never consider in his lifetime.

Also, experience from how WMGs about the previous game turns out has taught me one thing: No matter how many previous characters are reappearing in a new fighting game, the final boss will always be a new face, or in the case of AoCF, maybe two.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:03:49 PM by Lt Colonel Summers »
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
There hasn't been any cases of ZUN making a statement at one point only to defy it himself at a later time. If he said the Watatsuki Sisters will never appear as bosses, then they're never going to be bosses. He can have either one or both of them as NPCs, but bosses appear to be an option he'll never consider in his lifetime.
――: Do you think Sanae will be playable at some point?
ZUN: Not really. It might be hard to pull off since she's a goddess with incredible powers.
Sanae is a surprisingly easy to use character. You can throw her into pretty much any situation and it'll turn out well. Because she talks a lot and is full of confidence and backbone, she doesn't blend into the background with other characters. She has elements of both Reimu and Marisa, as well as her own independent personality, so she's especially easy to use. Maybe that's because I originally created her to be Reimu's rival. Reimu doesn't chat much, so Sanae easily covers her share too. When I was making "Mountain of Faith", I was aware from the very beginning that I wanted an easy-to-use character.
:V

ZUN did say in that old e-mail correspondence way back when that his memory wasn't the best... :P

Just gotta remember that people change their minds (...and misremember things) all the time.

has not been the first time hes changed his mine on something

Also, experience from how WMGs about the previous game turns out has taught me one thing: No matter how many previous characters are reappearing in a new fighting game, the final boss will always be a new face, or in the case of AoCF, maybe two.

Wrong Hitsotensoku had no new characters

and before you say anything about the
Spoiler:
catfish
that was a dream
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:11:59 AM by hazerddex »

Drake

It's better to say that ZUN tries his best to not say things with absolute certainty or reject possibilities of anything entirely, so there aren't many instances where he ends up seriously contradicting himself. He changes his mind on specific things all the time.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
I have read somewhere that ZUN said that if any info contradicts each other, the recent ones should be taken into account instead.

Drake

That's talking more about canon. Summers is just talking about things ZUN says about Touhou in general.

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
this is slightly unrelated tew AoCF, but i had a weird dream last night that PC-98 Alice was confirmed. now with the impossible out of the way unless AoCF involves some weird time reversal or age regression plot, in the dream, the following were also confirmed:

Doremy Sweet
Shou Toramaru
Patchouli Knowledge
Kanako Yasaka
Seiga Kaku and Yoshika Miyako
Minamitsu Murasa
Junko
Clownpiece
Sagume Kishin
Kaguya Houraisan
Eirin Yagokoro
and Reisen Udongein Inaba

who i'd like playable that wasn't in the dream:

Kazami Yuuka
Moriya Suwako
Komeiji Satori
Imaizumi Kagerou
Sekibanki
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Raikou Horikawa
yawn...

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
this is slightly unrelated tew AoCF, but i had a weird dream last night that PC-98 Alice was confirmed. now with the impossible out of the way unless AoCF involves some weird time reversal or age regression plot, in the dream, the following were also confirmed:

Doremy Sweet
Shou Toramaru
Patchouli Knowledge
Kanako Yasaka
Seiga Kaku and Yoshika Miyako
Minamitsu Murasa
Junko
Clownpiece
Sagume Kishin
Kaguya Houraisan
Eirin Yagokoro
and Reisen Udongein Inaba

rifp i want to see all of those characters actually
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
rifp i want to see all of those characters actually

'rifp'? unless you meant 'rifp' :0
yawn...

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
'rifp'? unless you meant 'rifp' :0

rifp means "Rest in Pieces" but with a f

yukiluck

• Janitor
  • Argentina
    • Yukiluck
So i was reading the rules of the 13? Touhou poll: http://toho-vote.info/Rule.php
And in the first line i think they mentioned something like we can vote the best partners for AoCF.
Anyone can confirm?

Drake

That's indeed the case. I was intending on making a thread for the poll shortly, so hang on just a bit.

Even though what i will say is complete speculation and may be made totally irellevant when the game will be released, i like the idea of a Tag Team Fighting game. However, considering the title " Antinomy " i have some of potential ides for the duos, where they are similiar, but also the opposite of each other.

Reimu and Mokou : Well leaving aside ULiL After Story as a connection, both of them got no real purpose in life (Reimu being too carefree, Mokou being immortal), both of them are humans regarded as monsters due to their level of power.

Marisa and Byakuren : Marisa being a brazen human seeking power and immortality through magic, while the other one is a humble magician who already achieved youth and power through magic but, through buddism, try to stay " human " in a way. Also, Byakuren is frendly with youkai while Marisa think that she can't trust them.

Kasen and Miko : The first pretend to be a hermit to meddle with and befriend humans, while the latter became an hermit to overcome her humanity, while both having " darker " sides to their past.

Koishi and Kokoro : Both seek their emotions, Koishi is doing it in a really carefree way (because she can't think of another way anyway) while Kokoro is doing it seriously, in a more "scholar way". Plus, both are archnemesis ( i believe Koishi still has the mask of hope ).

Nitori and Shinmyoumaru : Shinmyoumaru is stated to be quite childish and na?ve, so Nitori could trick her into using her mallet for her in exchange of an invention that makes her grow taller ( as she is obsessed with that ). Nitori is also quite Haughty and think herself superior to others, so she seems suited to use the inchling as a mean to gain more power.

Futo and Ichirin/Unzan : They may share , like Alice and Marisa a " bad " relationship, as rivals from the Taoism vs Buddhism feud. They are both underlings of the represent on both religions, as well.

That leaves Reisen alone, as there is 15 characters (Unzan excluded). Whether Reisen will be in AoCF is debatable as she was a PS4 exclusive, so unlike she is paired with another character added to the game (though her general personality don't make me think of a possible duo), i don't have any ideas regarding her.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
ZUN did mention that at least one previous character will be brought back in AoCF, so maybe Reisen will be paired with one of said "old faces".

Then again, we don't know if ZUN will pull a fast one and create pairings that none of us would've seen coming...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Then again, we don't know if ZUN will pull a fast one and create pairings that none of us would've seen coming...
This is my prediction as well, TBH. ZUN's a pretty weird guy.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

From what I am hearing alot about this game what people have speculated, it would seem rather cool for a tag fighting system to be in the game. When I heard of the title of the game, my first thoughts were Yuuka, Medicine, and Rin Satsuki for some random reason (maybe because one of her spellcards were named "Flower Sign" when people found the game data).

Since this game focuses on previous characters that haven't appeared in the fighting games, I do hope characters that lack any information like Koakuma and Momiji to appear since we barely know much about them besides the fact that they have appeared in a few games.

hourai

• reimu's gf
i've seen quite a few people talk about rin (satsuki) but her appearing in a game sounds like a very, very far off dream...despite that I would love to see her. i really hope I jinx myself by saying she won't appear

maiden's cappuccino

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
i've seen quite a few people talk about rin (satsuki) but her appearing in a game sounds like a very, very far off dream...despite that I would love to see her. i really hope I jinx myself by saying she won't appear
Y'know, if you were Sagume, you'd have just guaranteed she wouldn't.  :V

I'd like to see Kogasa as well as Medicine and Yuuka, personally~ (And Seiga)
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
i've seen quite a few people talk about rin (satsuki)

Seeing satsuki in AoCF would be a wish come true !!

Like, ZUN did not add her in EoSD because of time constraints, but she could be added in any other game,,,

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
I'm propably not the first one to inquire, but what's with people's obsession over a non-existent character?

Even if ZUN went and made Rin Satsuki canon, that wouldn't be the same person that he considered back then and whose original characteristics he surely already used when creating other characters. Especially since her role as a third protagonist is out of the question by now.

A Kirin girl would be a nice concept in general though. I'd rather have her named differently, if to prevent another Udonge/Reisen II problem, however.  :V
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:04:07 PM by Critz »

hourai

• reimu's gf
Y'know, if you were Sagume, you'd have just guaranteed she wouldn't.  :V

now that you mention that, i think we need sagume in here to 'confirm' all the characters we want to see in the new game

maiden's cappuccino

CyberAngel

• Retired
I'm propably not the first one to inquire, but what's with people's obsession over a non-existent character?

Hipsters will be hipsters

Speaking of which, at least one LoLK character is more or less guranteed to be in the game, right? Any thoughts on who it might be, and what their Urban Legend is?

My first thought was "the switching places thing is a perfect excuse to have Sagume show up, despite her being on the moon." Though Junko and Clownpiece are also super possible, in my head...
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra