Author Topic: CPSS6: A New Beginning - Reveal List Posted  (Read 202754 times)

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
Re: Cirno's Perfect Secret Santa 6: A New Beginning - OPEN THEM PRESENTS!
« Reply #720 on: January 23, 2015, 03:02:30 PM »
You're the best shape, triangles!

Spoiler:
Also I just realized I never posted it, but after a while I wanted to guess that Hungry Bookworm was my Secret Santa.
Cheers, triangles o/

Haha, sorry,
Spoiler:
Vic Viper was mine
though a pervy victorian book does sound like the sort of thing I'd send someone...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #721 on: January 23, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
Curses! I'll just have to wait for the reveal~

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #722 on: January 24, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
Sorry this is coming to you so late! There were various delays and things, but now without further ado...

At first I read this as "From Hyuna" and I got all excited. Was this a Gangnam Style gift? Was PSY going to pop out of the envelope and start singing and crawling between my legs? I soon realized my mistake, but the expectations were set. This gift would have a high bar to meet!

This package came a long way to get here!

Blue bubble wrap--fancy!

Lovely! Looks like Madoka likes it, too...

Classy, beautiful kimonos--and you can't see it, but it all comes printed on super nice stock that's a pleasure to flip through! Thanks, Hyna!

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2015, 01:16:57 AM »
Another late entry here. I apparently misunderstood that there were three gifts for me - not two. The third was in Hafnarfj?r?ur, a town about a half hour bus ride from the teeming metropolis where I live, Reykjav?k (pop. 118,488). What transpires is an adventure that underlines how great Iceland can be sometimes.

Yulia and I took the city bus from one of Iceland's two malls, on a day that started fairly nice, but blew up into a full-on blizzard by the time we were halfway to the bus stop. Yulia soldiered on stoically, like a grimly determined samurai facing an army of gaijin invaders, while I moaned and whined about how cold it was. For part of the journey I literally pushed her in a stolen shopping cart (PROTIP: shopping carts are hard to navigate in the snow) that I abandoned by the side of the road. Fortunately, we arrived at the bus stop just as it pulled up, and we were on our way to Hafnarfj?r?ur.

Hafnarfj?r?ur is my Icelandic home town. I lived there for the first couple years I lived in Iceland. It's a slow paced town, and being right on the edge of the greater capital area, those of us who live in the capital like to make jokes about how backwards and hickish everyone is (e.g. Two guys from Hafnarfj?r?ur are sitting together in a bar, talking about their day. One says: "Man I had a rough day. I was stuck in a broken elevator for two hours". The other guy says: "That's nothing. I was stuck on a broken escalator for four hours."). I hadn't visited in like 3 years, and noticed a lot had changed. It was kind of nice to visit again, or would have been if it hadn't been -17 with horizontal snow and gale force winds.

Anyway, I got to the coffeehouse in question. It's a cozy little place, with quirky, second-hand furniture. The only people there were the two employees: a guy showing a young woman how to make espresso. I approached the counter and realized I had no idea how to ask for what I was there to pick up. I didn't have any ID and didn't even know what I was there for. I worried this would lead to complications. But this is Iceland, so this is how it played out:

Me: Hi, I'm here to ... pick up something? My name is [REDACTED].
Dude: Oh, right. One moment.

Like this was the most natural thing in the world, that random strangers just pop in, say they're "here to pick up something", and expect the staff to just know what they're talking about. Dude popped into the back and then came out with an enormous box. With some difficulty, he set it down on a table. It was festooned with a little red ribbon. I opened it, and found it stuffed with balled up Icelandic newspapers. Digging inside, I found this incredible, space-age coffee press! P?lmi, the dude in question, told me the added weight to the box was a water bottle, that he put in there to "make it more of a surprise".

This is P?lmi, the dude in question.

My Secret Santa had emailed this cafe, and bought this press there. P?lmi went the extra mile of putting the thing in an oversized box, carefully stuffing it, adding extra mass to enhance the surprise, taping it shut, and topping it off with a cute ribbon. Whether he did this as per instructions from my Secret Santa or just because he was thrilled at taking part in the surprise, I was pretty impressed. P?lmi asked me if I knew how to work an Aeropress. I did not, so he happily demonstrated how one of these things is used. In two different ways.

This, my friends, is one of the best things about living in Iceland. People are easy-going, generally unstressed, and love Christmas so much they will participate in the gift giving of one total stranger to another. If you ever visit Iceland, I encourage you all to visit Pallett Kaffikompan? in Hafnarfj?r?ur. Not just because their coffee has literally won awards, but also because of P?lmi, who is a solid guy.

Upon returning home, Yulia took an immediate interest in the press, as she is wont to do with anything requiring instructions to assemble. Unlike her father, she actually reads the instructions before trying to put something together.

Yes, those are my tengu wings hanging up behind her. Not for cosplay; I mean they are my actual wings, for flight.

We had fun making imaginary coffee. Imaginary, because it was like eight in the evening at this point and I was not going to make coffee at this hour. However, it has replaced my percolator, and is all set up to go for my coffee tomorrow.

So thank you, Secret Santa, for this thoughtful and practical gift. I expect to get a lot of mileage out of this thing, as I happen to lovelovelove coffee.

Caw caw!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
Had a nice big grin reading that. Good stuff.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

flyingflames13

• I shouldn't have shitposted
  • Was banned for making a bane joke 10/10
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
This is so cool!

It's a shame i can't participate next december, i cant't really buy anything to send or recieve anything without my mother questioning it.
The Dark Knight Returns was amazing
The Dark Knight Strikes Again was... shit...

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
Yulia soldiered on stoically, like a grimly determined samurai facing an army of gaijin invaders, while I moaned and whined about how cold it was.
This is heartwarming
Just like a scene out of some comic.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #727 on: January 28, 2015, 01:14:02 AM »
I was worried that anyone who checked post histories might have seen that the first week of December that Santa Hakurei went missing was the same week that I also didn't post at all (yay vacation!) and thus my identity would have been revealed waaaaay early on.
Yeah, I made this connection once I received my package, the name on the return address was a big tip-off.  Confirmed the address and cross-checked post histories.
Didn't want to spoil the surprise.  That being said, thank you triangles; I honestly feel you are the best successor CPSS could have.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2015, 03:12:58 PM »
Wow Ammy, that's was a great story. And I guess going through a small adventure to get it only makes a Christmas gift even better. (Though I'm glad no one asked me to go pick up mine on top of Mt. Fuji or anything.) P?lmi seems like pretty great dude too.

Lovely! Looks like Madoka likes it, too...
Whoa, I got this same artbook at C86 as a present for my girlfriend! It's from Matsuo Hiromi, who has does some pretty beautiful works. I somehow ended up missing their booth last Comiket, but now I'm reminded I should check on the doujin sites for more of their releases.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #729 on: January 28, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »
Yeah, I made this connection once I received my package, the name on the return address was a big tip-off.  Confirmed the address and cross-checked post histories.
Didn't want to spoil the surprise.  That being said, thank you triangles; I honestly feel you are the best successor CPSS could have.

I actually did that 100% intentionally since you had asked Santa Hakurei if she was participating - little did you know then that not only was she participating she was sending to you!  Since I always do cutesy return address names for domestic partners anyway I figured it would only be appropriate given the circumstances :3

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
So Santa was actually just triangles all along...?

MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE

:qq:
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #731 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
So Santa was actually just triangles all along...?

MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE

:qq:
You're implying that triangles being Santa the entire time isn't the best thing ever.

... Unless it also means that Tim Allen killed triangles, then yes that is terrible.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #732 on: January 29, 2015, 09:35:54 PM »
Well triangles looked hale and hearty at Magfest, so that absurd scenario definitely did not happen, fortunately.

I've also gotten confirmation of my present being sent (after plenty of understandable and forgiven delays) and the sender's identity. But that will not be revealed until later.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #733 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »
Excellent.

NOW VIC CAN POST THE LIST

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #734 on: February 02, 2015, 04:12:51 AM »
Excellent.

NOW VIC CAN POST THE LIST
GOD SO NEEDY!

Some people involved in this keep making "excuses" about how they're "too busy to post in this thread"; they'll be getting something worse than coal next year.  Anyway:

Jq1790 (JQ numbers [oh here you are]) ---> Zentillion
PX ---> Spotty Ren
Amra ---> Drake
Zentillion ---> Purvis
DX7_EP (THE EP [aka {not really} Max]) ---> Sectnado
N-Forza ---> sirslarty
Helepolis ---> Vyrien
Spotty Ren ---> hungrybookworm
Tengukami ---> EP
Nietz ---> Arashi
Reddyne ---> Puffy
Tamashii Kanjou ---> Pesco
Pesco ---> Firestorm29
Kiro ---> Nietz
Mr_Bob ---> Helepolis
Hungrybookworm ---> Vicky V
Purvis ---> JQ1790
MJP ---> Chaore
Dular ---> yuyukos
Zirene ---> Heena
Jana ---> Dular
triangles ---> Mr Bob
Kilgamayan (who finally did CPSS but posted a video instead of pictures what a goof) ---> HakureiSM (WHO NEEDS TO POST IN THIS THREAD!!!)
Dorakyura ---> N-Forza
Some asshole who tries to be cool and run this event (aka me) ---> commandercool
Raikaria ---> Reddyne
Nobu ---> Vento
Drake ---> Tengukami
Youkai Jesus ---> Tamashii Kanjou
HakureiSM ---> Raikaria
sirslarty ---> MJP
pasu ---> Aoshi
Vyrien ---> Jana
Firestorm29 ---> Dorakyura
Maullar ---> Kinoko
Aoshi ---> Kiro
kinoko ---> Pasu
Vento ---> triangles
(Kagiyama)Heena ---> Maullar
Puffy ---> Edible
NekoNekoRex ---> Ziren
yuyukos ---> Roukanken
Arashi ---> PX
Edible ---> Amra
Sect ---> NekoNekoRex
Roukanken ---> Kirby Is Your Lord God And Master And You Are Nothing (aka Kilga)
Chaore ---> Nobu
commandercool ---> Youkai Jesus

I'll be leaving this thread open since we're still waiting on posts from two other people.  After we get those, this is going to get shut down and we'll start all the fun over again next year!

If you think you want in on helping to run this party next year, write to us at "I'm a much better organizer than Vic and I actually play Touhou games, Top Gear, BBC Television, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS" (aka PM me)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #735 on: February 02, 2015, 04:14:48 AM »
holy fuck thanks Edible jesus christ
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #736 on: February 02, 2015, 04:16:47 AM »
Kilgamayan (who finally did CPSS but posted a video instead of pictures what a goof)

Go big or go home.

Thanks, Brokan!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: CPSS6: A New Beginning - Reveal List Posted
« Reply #737 on: February 02, 2015, 04:17:51 AM »
Go big or go home.
home is where the heart is, why would you ever want to leave?!

Edible

« Reply #738 on: February 02, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »
Puffy ---> Edible

I AM BAD AT GUESSING DESPITE BEING AN ADMIN

Thank you very much!  I loved the gifts.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #739 on: February 02, 2015, 04:30:11 AM »
Thanks for the stuff, JQ, especially that copy of Der Mond! Also, my Reimu hangs over my computer table 24-7 judging me like a priestess should. BV
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #740 on: February 02, 2015, 04:30:46 AM »
I guess in retrospect my Santa should've been obvious. :V

Thanks again!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #741 on: February 02, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »
Aaaaa I had it pegged as like 3 other people.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #742 on: February 02, 2015, 04:39:43 AM »
I can finally post this.

OTL

I can't believe I messed that up...I'm so so sorry, Zentillion!

How the heck did I get your name wrong when it was RIGHT THERE IN THE PM AS I WROTE THE TAG OUT!?

I'ma go crawl in a hole now.

* Jq1790 crawls away in shame

EDIT: Also, given it's Purvis who sent to me(who I had a slight feeling it was [due to a post he made in this topic] but didn't feel like voicing), I should say that he made me...proud.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:42:21 AM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #743 on: February 02, 2015, 04:54:33 AM »
Tsukihime was bought after I thought my initial gift wasn't enough :(
Was still hilarious

« Reply #744 on: February 02, 2015, 05:05:00 AM »
To my recipient: there's always more of that if you know where to find me.

And thanks again to my Secret Santa, N-Forza.

And many thanks to the organdonorsizers.

Edible

« Reply #745 on: February 02, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »
Tsukihime will never not be hilarious.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: February 02, 2015, 06:53:59 AM »
EDIT: Also, given it's Purvis who sent to me(who I had a slight feeling it was [due to a post he made in this topic] but didn't feel like voicing), I should say that he made me...proud.

Goddamn right I did!

I figured I would have given myself away by the timing.

ALSO: Thanks you for the books and the horrible mug that disturbs my sister, Zent!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #747 on: February 02, 2015, 07:59:09 AM »
Tsukihime will never not be hilarious.
I still haven't opened mine from CPSS5.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #748 on: February 02, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »