Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 155725 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Sakuya Quest 9 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2017, 02:35:46 AM »
>"Drilling ? Drilling what ?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2017, 02:51:16 AM »
>"Drilling ? Drilling what ?"

>"Drilling drilling," says Ao.
>"Training soldiers," says Aka. "Though really I think they're mostly just making sure they don't get lazy now."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2017, 02:54:44 AM »
> "Ah, okay. Hmm...what can you two tell me about Juza Takusan?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2017, 03:28:04 AM »
> "Ah, okay. Hmm...what can you two tell me about Juza Takusan?"

>"Oh, she's the rising star in the Haihan army," says Aka.
>"The one-woman army," Ao adds.
>"She came from a samurai family, but her talents were more magical, but she found a way to put both to use," Aka continues. "Give her time, and she'll become really dangerous, mark my words."
>"She's good, but we're sure she's not reached her potential yet.," says the tengu in blue.
>"The one thing she is good at is conjuring things," Aka says. "Monsters, copies of herself, especially copies of herself."
>"She can get a lot of work done that way," Ao says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2017, 03:29:32 AM »
> Adopt a small grin.
> "Do you happen to know where she is right now?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2017, 03:58:00 AM »
> Adopt a small grin.
> "Do you happen to know where she is right now?"

>"She was sent on some mission off to the southeast," says Aka. "That's all we could find."
>"We missed her, so we couldn't follow her," Ao says.
>"You didn't have to mention that!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2017, 04:01:39 AM »
> "Mmm. Let's say she was defeated there yesterday, a handful of minutes' flight away from Old Hometown, and was making her way back here to report her defeat. How far along do you suppose she would be now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: May 01, 2017, 04:41:47 AM »
> "Mmm. Let's say she was defeated there yesterday, a handful of minutes' flight away from Old Hometown, and was making her way back here to report her defeat. How far along do you suppose she would be now?"

>"I dunno," says Aka, frowning. "Pretty far awhile, probably. Why?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
> "Unfortunate. I was hoping against hope that I would have been able to intercept her again and re-state my offer to bring her back to my time with me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »
> "Unfortunate. I was hoping against hope that I would have been able to intercept her again and re-state my offer to bring her back to my time with me."

>"Why would you offer something that like?" says Aka. "Who'd even want it?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
> "Why would I not make that offer to someone that matches the description of her that you two provided? I would be remiss to not at least make a token attempt to bring someone of that level of power and talent into my home as an ally, particularly if I am unsure as to the strength of her loyalty to her current mistress."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
> "Why would I not make that offer to someone that matches the description of her that you two provided? I would be remiss to not at least make a token attempt to bring someone of that level of power and talent into my home as an ally, particularly if I am unsure as to the strength of her loyalty to her current mistress."

>"I don't think she's got any reason not to be loyal," says Aka, "What with coming from a samurai household, being well-respected for her talents, the whole rising star thing, and so on."
>"I have to admit," says Kyouko, breaking her silence, "I think only the most desperate and rootless people would be interested in that kind of offer."
>"Or people unscrupulous enough to really take advantage of the offer," says Ao. "The kind of people you wouldn't want to take advantage of it."

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »
See ?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #253 on: May 01, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Thank you for your worthwhile contribution.

> Nod.
> "I have come to learn these things about her since, yes. I had honestly never really expected her to take the offer, but at the time, I figured it possible that her loyalties were more borne out of fear of the repercussions of failure than anything else. I know now that this is exceedingly unlikely."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
Well if you want actual contribution then what about this.

>"There is also one other person that i would like to ask about, and that would be the daimyo's right hand and closest advisor if i recall correctly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »
> Nod.
> "I have come to learn these things about her since, yes. I had honestly never really expected her to take the offer, but at the time, I figured it possible that her loyalties were more borne out of fear of the repercussions of failure than anything else. I know now that this is exceedingly unlikely."

>"By and large, people are pretty loyal to the Daimyo of their own will, as far as we can tell," says Aka. "I mean, I'm sure there's a bunch who just don't care very much, but no one's going to say anything like that out loud, here or anywhere."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »
> "How unfortunate, given her ambitions. Ah well, I imagine the Hakurei Shrine will quash any invasion attempts before they do any meaningful damage."
> "Regardless, what about the two of you? May I ask which families you come from within tengu society?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2017, 01:44:29 PM »
> "How unfortunate, given her ambitions. Ah well, I imagine the Hakurei Shrine will quash any invasion attempts before they do any meaningful damage."
> "Regardless, what about the two of you? May I ask which families you come from within tengu society?"

>"Someone will," says Ao. "I'd kind of expect Yanna Case to try it, this seems like kind of her thing."
>"Oh, right, sorry, it's impolite to proclaim a family when you're not living on Youkai Mountain," says Aka. "I'm from the Nyoigataki family.
>"Tsukiyo," Ao says.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2017, 01:45:47 PM »
>"There is also one other person that i would like to ask about, and that would be the daimyo's right hand and closest advisor if i recall correctly."

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »
> Do we know either of those names?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »
> Do we know either of those names?

>Not at all. You aren't very knowledgeable about tengu family lines.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »
> "I will see if I can find these families when I return to my time, then, and perhaps strike up proper acquaintanceship between them and our house, depending on how insular everyone involved does or does not feel."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
> "I will see if I can find these families when I return to my time, then, and perhaps strike up proper acquaintanceship between them and our house, depending on how insular everyone involved does or does not feel."

>"Well, uh, i suppose?" says Ao.
>"I couldn't tell you how that'd go over," says Aka. "I mean...it's not like I was around then or anything. We're we really insular back then, Ao?"
>"Don't ask me, I wasn't there."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
> Mental notes: Hanayama, Nyoigataki, Tsukiyo.
> "Tengu society in general is very insular in my time. If I tried to explain the two of you living here, or the existence of Apex in general, I would be met with large amounts of skepticism."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2017, 02:42:41 PM »
> Mental notes: Hanayama, Nyoigataki, Tsukiyo.
> "Tengu society in general is very insular in my time. If I tried to explain the two of you living here, or the existence of Apex in general, I would be met with large amounts of skepticism."

>"That sounds about like what I would expect," says Aka.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »

2x Rejected Combo !

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »
> Pull out the Fairy Pass (Invalid).
> "I am hoping I have enough evidence on my person to convince at least some tengu that my tales are genuine, between this and a private note Miss Shameimaru herself has given me. It is my understanding that Miss Hanayama here has been kicking around since the days of Sanae Kochiya's humanity."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2017, 02:54:57 PM »
> Pull out the Fairy Pass (Invalid).
> "I am hoping I have enough evidence on my person to convince at least some tengu that my tales are genuine, between this and a private note Miss Shameimaru herself has given me. It is my understanding that Miss Hanayama here has been kicking around since the days of Sanae Kochiya's humanity."

>"I don't know who that is," says Ao.
>"Me either," says Aka. "But I guess that might cause something? At least you'll get praised as a good forger."

>"Oh, her," says the Ao. "What do you want to know?"

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »
>"Anything that may be helpful to understand how they think, how did she get to that position and her persona."
>Do we recall her species ?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
> What did Aya tell us about her already?