Author Topic: Sake Emblem (Official Game Thread) (Okay, the map's over~)  (Read 134197 times)

I'm not sure what I'm gonna be able to do this map.
No items to swipe. Maybe I can try and sneak through to get to a village?

Schezo

• en-counse
Holy god damn Murasa.

So since they are all coming after us, we have to take as many out this turn as possible and still cover the squishies.  I don't really want to focus too much on the little people at this point in time because we need to worry about surviving and can then later feed exp to like Cirno.  If we can come up with a plan to use them well in a situation and still get lots of people killed at little risk, I'm all for it

That being said:
Meiling to G6 and hack 1
Alice flares 2 from E6
Rumia can smite 11 from H3
Tenshi can wall from E7 and attack 2
Oh my gosh this position sucks...  I don't like that at all.

I think we have a better chance if we all just go into the top mountain cave thing and take them as they come.  I have no clue guys.

Give me some opinions on what you all think we should do.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Sake Emblem (Official Game Thread)
« Reply #692 on: December 23, 2010, 01:17:12 AM »
hay guys let's abuse forests

that said, I'm a little worried about using G6 to attack especially considering G7 right next to it is a forest and enemy 2 may use it to their advantage.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #693 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »
Yeah, feel free smash my plan into pieces if you all can come up with something better.

I think of something by tomorrow.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #694 on: December 23, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »
I'm stumped.  The only thing I know is that it'd probably be good to pop 10, 11, and 1 right now.  The idea of making a diagonal front from E6 is also bouncing around in my head, but I'm not sure we can do that safely.

Hell.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #695 on: December 23, 2010, 01:43:26 AM »
This is Gensokyo, children - do not give up hope, even in the darkest of nights.

« Reply #696 on: December 23, 2010, 01:44:44 AM »
I say we send Kogasa to the village first of all.
Who knows?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #697 on: December 23, 2010, 01:50:21 AM »
No, not right now, we need her support before this gets butt ugly.

I think anyway, just don't make her move definite because we need to come up with a plan first and if it's feasible to go without her then, yes move to the village.

Looking back at this, yes that sounds great because with luck she can lure 3 over to her and engage him with a terrain bonus.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #698 on: December 23, 2010, 01:57:06 AM »
Give up?  Nah.  It ain't hopeless.  It's just I can't figure it myself right now.  I have faith that we can put our heads together and come up with something.

Hourai: Not bad.  I'm a little worried about #4 coming over and wrecking face, but if we kill the archer, Kogasa shouldn't die from that.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

« Reply #699 on: December 23, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »
Good, now we just need Herasy's seal of approval.
And I have no idea what to expect from the village.

Edit: If someone moves to E6 to attack the archer, I can go to E5 and maybe they'll attack me instead of someone useful. :V
Hopefully, I'll dodge.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:01:19 AM by Hanged Hourai »

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #700 on: December 23, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »
Do make sure you save to village in your move Kosaga.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #701 on: December 23, 2010, 02:07:57 AM »
I think I got something but I need to leave now, will talk with you guys on IRC later.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #702 on: December 23, 2010, 02:13:26 AM »
Just a thought - would it be possible to replace the numbers with little unit icons?  I don't know how you're doing it with the numbers at all, but units - even just for us - would make it quite a bit easier to plan things, at least from my perspective.

If it's a pain, don't bother, of course.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AMZYoshio

« Reply #703 on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »
Just a thought - would it be possible to replace the numbers with little unit icons?  I don't know how you're doing it with the numbers at all, but units - even just for us - would make it quite a bit easier to plan things, at least from my perspective.

If it's a pain, don't bother, of course.

I guess I could look up that one patchcon-esque spritesheet with every character up to UFO I remember seeing a while back, but as for enemies, you're stuck with numbers - they'd all just look like fairies anyway.

theshirn

« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2010, 02:22:31 AM »
I guess I could look up that one patchcon-esque spritesheet with every character up to UFO I remember seeing a while back, but as for enemies, you're stuck with numbers - they'd all just look like fairies anyway.
I'd meant actual FE sprites. :V

I'm pretty sure I could track down a spritesheet pretty easily.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Herasy

« Reply #705 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:03 AM »
Okay so this actually looks pretty simple to me, should be able to take out 10, 1 and 11 without taking much damage.

My idea is:
Alice to F3 and use Fire on 10
Tenshi to E6 and attack 1
Murasa to G2
Byakuren use heal on Murasa (for xp! and to save that tea for later)
Sanae to I5 and use sword on 11

Of course that's just my idea. (hopefully my limited fire emblem knowledge did not fail me)

I agree with making Kogasa save the village so I'll go with it

>Kogasa swoop down to save the puny village on C10! Be the hero! It's you!

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #706 on: December 23, 2010, 02:27:28 AM »
You mean using something like this?

http://i54.tinypic.com/3535sgp.png
(please fix this if it's rule breaking)

<theshim> adorable, but yeah, a bit too big
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:00:31 AM by theshim »

AMZYoshio

« Reply #707 on: December 23, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »
Okay so this actually looks pretty simple to me, should be able to take out 10, 1 and 11 without taking much damage.

>Kogasa swoop down to save the puny village on C10! Be the hero! It's you!

Glad to see you fit in without a bump.

"Oh, hello miss. You say that there's bandits out there? We'll be sure to lock up our doors then, thank you. Here, take this to show those bandits who's who."

Kogasa recieves an Iron Axe

The village locks its gates.

You mean using something like this?

(picture)

Exactly that actually. Please excuse me while I update the map with those pictures.

I'd meant actual FE sprites. :V

I'm pretty sure I could track down a spritesheet pretty easily.

That is, unless you'd all rather be represented by your class, not your character.

« Reply #708 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:29 AM »
I think the Touhou sprites would be nice, espcially if there were
Spoiler:
character bosses.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #709 on: December 23, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »
On thinking more of it, I'm gonna opt for the Patchcon ones - Enemies would be still hard to represent, considering there'd be like 5 fighters, 5 mercs, a couple archers, etc. And they'd all look the same, causing me to have to list where each numbered enemy is, and.....bleh. (The same problem applies for when Cirno Class Changes if she's doing it before Meiling or Murasa (hopefully) - Cirno would be a Pirate or a Fighter, and then there'd be 2 player sprites of those, causing some confusion.)

Patchconination go.

Herasy

« Reply #710 on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »
On thinking more of it, I'm gonna opt for the Patchcon ones - Enemies would be still hard to represent, considering there'd be like 5 fighters, 5 mercs, a couple archers, etc. And they'd all look the same, causing me to have to list where each numbered enemy is, and.....bleh. (The same problem applies for when Cirno Class Changes if she's doing it before Meiling or Murasa (hopefully) - Cirno would be a Pirate or a Fighter, and then there'd be 2 player sprites of those, causing some confusion.)

Patchconination go.

Couldn't you just use the enemy sprites from fire emblem GBA? There is probably a sprite sheet somewhere. *goes to look*
Oh right, herpderp me not reading. Could you perhaps color them?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #711 on: December 23, 2010, 02:44:53 AM »
Tenshi can't kill the archer alone, but if someone else struck from where 10 used to be it could work.

Me to I5 would be suicide though, with all those enemies hanging around.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #712 on: December 23, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
We have to make the most of Rumia and Alice's attack and consider summoning a France to distract.

I'm still working out the plan and we may consider me healing Murasa and using a tea on her to get her able body to wall the rest of us from all these enemies.

« Reply #713 on: December 23, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »
Well, I was thinking we could use Nazrin as bait, if we wall it off so only one ememy could attack her.

Herasy

« Reply #714 on: December 23, 2010, 02:53:10 AM »
Tenshi can't kill the archer alone, but if someone else struck from where 10 used to be it could work.

Me to I5 would be suicide though, with all those enemies hanging around.

Ah right, forgot about those. Well then Youmu could  just do it. Past that maybe we should just hold here and let them come to us.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #715 on: December 23, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »
I'm not sure how we could do the Nazrin thing but we may want to consider Youmu's lucky dodge happy abilities and use her as the edge of our wall where she can engage enemies and still survive if the worst happens (she gets hit by everything thrown at her).

theshirn

« Reply #716 on: December 23, 2010, 03:01:45 AM »
I admire your dedication to this project, Yoshio. :)

How are you going to mark units that already moved?  Or maybe you can just greyscale them...

AMZYoshio

« Reply #717 on: December 23, 2010, 03:06:17 AM »
I admire your dedication to this project, Yoshio. :)

How are you going to mark units that already moved?  Or maybe you can just greyscale them...

Why thank you.

And my thoughts exactly. Now no more talking about it, simply due to us nearing the end of this thread and not wanting to waste more posts (think about how long lv 1 took). I'll update it next time someone does something. (If I'm done cutting out and replacing stuff.)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #718 on: December 23, 2010, 06:03:49 AM »
>Go receive Byakuren's salvation, wherever that was. You guys can move me as needed.

Yoshio if you want, we can split off the discussion posts to the other thread and try squeeze out enough space to clear this map by the end of the thread.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #719 on: December 23, 2010, 06:13:30 AM »
I did some math, and I think Reimu and another unit can kill the archer on this turn. Reimu can do 10 damage, assuming my calculations are correct, and someone else can do 5+ to kill it. It's a bit risky, but I'd rather not have a unit doubling our guys every attack.