Author Topic: Sake Emblem (Official Game Thread) (Okay, the map's over~)  (Read 136056 times)

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
Re: Sake Emblem (Official Game Thread)
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2010, 07:57:39 AM »
If you staff, your turn is over, but people can still trade with you on their turn, if that's what you mean.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »
Yeah, that's what I meant sooo.

>Byakuren uses heal on L7 Meiling.

I'll probably be taking an attack if noone makes a wall so consider it I suppose...although.. if Youmu takes my tea and heals on K8, Rumia will move to K12 and the archer should go after her it it's on the lowest health, attack mentality but I can see that turning ugly fast if the other enemies go to attack Youmu...  :/

AMZYoshio

« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2010, 08:15:47 AM »
>Byakuren uses heal on L7 Meiling.

Meiling's Status: 15/22HP
Byakuren's Status: 33EXP, Heal Left: 27

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:33 AM »
I can hit enemy 10 for 11 and take 9 in return. But space.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
You won't die if you take a hit.  A wall-Youmu will die if the archer or the mage decides to be a dick.  So, yeah, Cirno should vacate her spot.

> Sanae to L5, attack enemy 6 with iron sword

Idea for the other team: Why not have Nazrin finish enemy 11 after Alice shoots him?  This way you can get Murasa over to drink some tea and wall.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »

Sanae Attacks: Hit for 7 Damage
Enemy 6 Dies!

Sanae's Status: 18/20HP, 86EXP, Iron Sword left: 38

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2010, 08:05:58 PM »
I can still take one hit, I think, before I have to drink again. But I can't do much now without two enemies ganging up on me, so....

> Reimu to A2.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
Youmu is the fastest thing alive. Period.
And I really wasn't expecting the lucky crit, a welcome surprise indeed  :V

Now though, going back on cirno's spot and getting and drinking tea would be ideal, so I'm just not gonna give a command until cirno moves.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2010, 12:53:58 AM »
I was really hoping you wouldn't do that so Cirno could get the kill.

> Cirno moves to L10, ends.

Nothing else I can do now except get in the way or get killed. :(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2010, 02:11:47 AM »
Oh my gawwwwd archers are scary
>Move to A1

« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2010, 02:18:03 AM »
Nothing for me to do.

>Wait

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2010, 08:12:26 AM »
Sana, you were supposed to attack the archer...Darn it....

Okay, Pesco, PX, lets think of something to rectify this situation...

AMZYoshio

« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:22 AM »
Ahh, the joys of war. Imma just talk a bit about this for as sec, being the GM, pay no mind to me.

It's funny to watch everyone try to work together, some knowing eachother more than others, others not knowing others at all. To be a team, and all come from such different places, and hold such different ideals. Tough, isn't it?

And it's this sort of mentality that Marth, Alm, Roy, Eirika, and so many others had to deal with in their journeys...Oh, it's so joyul to watch over this. This is why I became the GM.

Anyway, carry on.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »
I vote to concede and restart the battle.  Alice and at least one other unit are going to die.  It's way too early for that shit.

Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
I didn't check the stats, but I was also of the mind that Sana could melee the archer to death.

I can't exactly go and fight the closest enemy because he's got a sword. The only one I can reliably deal with is number 10 and we don't have the space for it.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
I could weaken En.11 form 5A but then you have to finish him off from 5B, taking a hit from the mage... Tenshi has to take some tea so she can tank the next attacks but then you'd be attacked by...

Arrgg, no matter how it goes, unless we're extremely lucky, one of us will die...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the GM was cruel enough to make a map as strategically limiting as this just to give OC S-rankers like me a massive headache. I can't really see some sort of catch-all winning situation for us right now, and I definitely don't see us making this current situation out without a casualty or two. And why the hell didn't Sana hit dat archer. :V Start a vote now and see if we can start the fight again. There were definitely some mistakes in retrospect, and Sana being too much of a pussy sourgrape was one of them. :derp:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
I'm fine with a restart. Let's just make the most of it and mass rush the enemies. Might get lucky you know.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
Mass rushing is a no no in tight quarters.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
You know, someone could've told me :<
Also, can't I just edit my move? :V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
Once you move, it's permanent. That's why we THINK before we start doing something. Anyways, I see absolutely no way I'm going to live unless I dodge like 3 98% hits or something, and that's not happening. Vote to restart. Ah, I hate it when a plan falls apart.

Damn, I knew we should have gotten 2 clerics. Cursed GM just wanted us to die on the first map.  :/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:53:58 PM by πX »

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
Oh. I guess...I just ruined the game then. Sorry guys :<

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »
Sigh, restart it is....

« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
Agreed.
Although I haven't done a thing. :V

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Oy vey...We're restarting? Well, I can't say this wasn't an easy map...Let's try not to let this happen again, okay? Threads like this tend to get long. Very long. >_>

>L+R+SELECT+START, Load Game

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Mother fuck.  And I thought the bottom corner was going to pull it out.  :(

AMZYoshio

« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »
*insert paperclip dude here*

I see you want a restart. May I help you with that?

9/12 people voted, I'll call that good enough. And since this IS the first map, I'll be nice and leave PART of the no-restart bonus at the end of the level. And now, for some protips:

>Rumia needs to discuss moves and matters with the team more before just moving off on their own.
>Kogasa has the ability to fly over/onto the mountians, and landing on the mountains gives you a def/avoid bonus (I said this before the game started)
>The mages (Alice, Rumia) are prime for taking out the archers, as they have little/no res.
>That K in the middle of the map isn't for nothing - It's Rinnosuke (Kourin). Although you guys haven't met him yet, if you can get someone to him and talk, something might happen (I was actually going to tell you that next enemy phase, kinda like how certain events happen on certain turns in the games).
>You're GOING to get hit. Don't be extremely reckless, but also don't be afraid to get to the end of the enemy phase with single digit health points, so you can then finish the enemy off on the next turn via strong hits (Murasa, Meiling) or snipe shots (Mages, Cirno)
>Youmu, Nazrin, and Byakuren strangely enough, have high speeds right now, which mean they have high dodge rates. Although I don't reccomend using Byakuren as a shield, using a weak but fast character as one might get you some lucky misses, thus wasting the enemy's turn, like Youmu already experienced. Just don't abuse this or you'll die.
>Don't be afraid to PM/IM/IRC eachother tactics. To be honest, the more communication you have, the better.
>If you have no idea what you're doing for a level, don't just randomly move - ASK. And instead of just plainly taking orders, ask why, that way you can become better developed for strategizing on your own.

And last but not least...

>I'll admit this was kinda hard - when everyone jumped in, I'll admit that I was thinking 1 or 2 star Hard Mode would be appropriate, you all looked like you knew what you were doing. I'll lower the enemy's skill a bit if you guys will deal with a (more) lessened end of level reward.

Now, due to wanting to restart, and due to me not thinking you would, someone tell me what your guys's starting positions were again? :V

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
Starting position... oh hell. I think I was on K12 but yeah if I can remember anyone else's spot.

And to the lowering skill for a lesser reward, are we supposed to vote on that or what?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
IIRC, the upper corner setup was like this:

I swapped places with 2 and a couple of our tougher units took up the front line.

And the paperclip's name is "Clippy." I think Akyu should be our protip girl, just like Anna was in the original FE. it works better that way.

I also think that lowering the difficulty level for a lesser reward would be a better idea, I think I like that system better. That's just me, though.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I'd rather restart on the character choosing part, but I'm cool with restarting on map 1.

1-3 A1-3
4-6 B1-3