Author Topic: NSP Mafia - Game Over  (Read 59477 times)

Re: NSP Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #600 on: August 16, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
gg shadoweh. i just think i messed up when i realized the daycop only lasted for that PHASE. So I had to hurry up

This wasn't the case though? You could've used it when you liked, I'm pretty sure the only reason BBM wanted you to hurry it up was because otherwise scum would nightkill you before you got to use it in future phases. In any case, when in doubt about anything of the sort send a PM and as the mod, I may take a while to reply to things depending on whether I'm asleep or not but I don't bite.

e: that said aside from announcing your daycop target before getting your result was the only thing that you messed up, and even then it was also the responsibility of everybody in the skypal wagon for leaving him at L-1 when you still had to get your result before phase end. You did outstandigly well in this game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:28:21 PM by Vhaltz »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #601 on: August 16, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
Raikaria aren't you in Britain.

Yes.

What does this have to do with anything?

And yes; I hammered wrong. I hammered the role which claimed basically the same as mine; making me suspicious; and had lied openly about it's role for far longer than needed.

Shadoweh hadn't actually done anything scummy besides lurking most of the game; and I brought her excuse of 'I've been busy'. Should I have thought of Sky selfhammering to stop the Roleclop on Shadoweh because she was his scumbuddy? Yes.

I'm pretty sure I did mention that at one point [Or someone did] but it could have equally been that the scumbuddy was someone else and Sky did not want another cleared member of the town to make the scumbuddy's job harder. At the time; Sky's selfhammer seemed non-indicative of Shadoweh's alignment. Denying town a townclear is pretty useful too.

Admittedly it is a tragedy that Raikaria was in charge of LyLo, for he failed to consider the D1 scum standoff being impossible (as noted by conqy), failed again to consider the role implications of the tracker and failed a third time by displacing the blame on me (who honestly, matters less at that point) and went on with the silly hammer. But hey, it cant be helped.

I'd just come off a scumgame where me and my scumbuddy bused each other from the start quite heavily.

Apologies if the bussing didn't seem out of the question from my perspective.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:33:52 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #602 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
This wasn't the case though? You could've used it when you liked, I'm pretty sure the only reason BBM wanted you to hurry it up was because otherwise scum would nightkill you before you got to use it in future phases. In any case, when in doubt about anything of the sort send a PM and as the mod, I may take a while to reply to things depending on whether I'm asleep or not but I don't bite.

e: that said aside from announcing your daycop target before getting your result was the only thing that you messed up, and even then it was also the responsibility of everybody in the skypal wagon for leaving him at L-1 when you still had to get your result before phase end. You did outstandigly well in this game.
"If you manage to spend all D1 without using any written means of communication, you will unlock a 1-shot ##Daycop for the next phase"

Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #603 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
Literally the only thing you said that I agreed with was that Polaris played well.

To be honest, I wouldn't say that lynching all the wrong people counts as playing well :v But thanks!

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #604 on: August 16, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »
You see I am in Britain.   A little north of abergavenny in wales.  Heading to London in the morning.  If you are around I could meet you maybe like I met vhaltz and mitsuki in Spain

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #605 on: August 16, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
You see I am in Britain.   A little north of abergavenny in wales.  Heading to London in the morning.  If you are around I could meet you maybe like I met vhaltz and mitsuki in Spain

I live near London except I am helping paint the house tomorrow. We've been re-plastering and it's ready for paintin now.

But this is an entirely different topic from mafia that if it is to be continued should be done so in PM's.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #606 on: August 16, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
And yes; I hammered wrong. I hammered the role which claimed basically the same as mine; making me suspicious; and had lied openly about it's role for far longer than needed.

Shadoweh hadn't actually done anything scummy besides lurking most of the game; and I brought her excuse of 'I've been busy'. Should I have thought of Sky selfhammering to stop the Roleclop on Shadoweh because she was his scumbuddy? Yes.

I'm pretty sure I did mention that at one point [Or someone did] but it could have equally been that the scumbuddy was someone else and Sky did not want another cleared member of the town to make the scumbuddy's job harder. At the time; Sky's selfhammer seemed non-indicative of Shadoweh's alignment. Denying town a townclear is pretty useful too.

I'd just come off a scumgame where me and my scumbuddy bused each other from the start quite heavily.

Apologies if the bussing didn't seem out of the question from my perspective.

Not faulting you for your lylo decision, but several things I wanted to mention.

There's basically no limit to the number of useless town roles. And if Polly was scum why didn't he just retract his claim to VT instead of visitor? Less suspicious overall and no drawback.

Shadoweh did plenty of scummy stuff this game. Bland and safe opinions, bad votes on D1, general going with the flow and lack of oomph, false bravado in LYLO, etc. Apart from the counterwagon vote D1 and the Sky_Paladin enabling quickvote without any further opinions (if she thought Sky was that scum she'd be looking for the other scum as well), there wasn't really a smoking gun, sure, but there usually isn't. Also, you're basically saying that Polly's play could basically be ignored because of something DNA lied about, when DNA is a known serial liar as both alignments.

If someone's about to cop a townie, as scum you're not going to call that person "confirmed town" because of the risk that someone would take that as a slip and actually treat them as confirmed town. If you were trying to pull a ruse though, you might call them confirmed town as your scumbuddy hoping someone would do just that. This is debatable anyway, so not really that strong of a point given that some scum have really weird thought processes.

I wouldn't say you and SB bussed each other heavily given how many outs you two left each other, the fact that neither of you were serious wagons, and the fact that you got a third person lynched anyway. The situation was quite different.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »
Yeah I know I played like garbage in general this game. Especially Day 1.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2014, 08:55:47 PM »
I didn't read this game that closely so no comments on your play, although from what I saw it was relatively fine. Just wanted to point out that there are clear differences between Shadoweh's play in this game and her typical town play because I think it came up earlier in this game as well. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2014, 09:00:57 PM »
I didn't read this game that closely so no comments on your play, although from what I saw it was relatively fine. Just wanted to point out that there are clear differences between Shadoweh's play in this game and her typical town play because I think it came up earlier in this game as well. :V

Yes; I said Shadoweh was 'lurkier/quieter than usual'.

Hence I hit her with a Tomato.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »
My only comment will be "loldna".

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #611 on: August 16, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
....ARE YOU SERIOUS?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I don't get you guys sometimes! "Shadoweh is acting just like she does as scum, ignoring the game, not posting cases, literally never reading NNR and Zakeri';s posts for reasons they're scum... so she's probably town." Why don't you cut me this slack after I lynch two scum in a row as town instead?! ;_;

Actually my favorite part was pointing out all the reasons Polaris was town despite DNA, knowing I was basically going to go 'oh i guess i was wrong so ignore all that' on the last day. <3

...I'm really looking forward to the mind control accusations next time. T_T

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2014, 12:07:33 AM »
i have the right to be confused and you are needlessly exaggerating this point of speculation and convincing yourself that i am lying instead of realistically trusting me.

"Realistically trusting me". I don't think you're in the slightest qualified to make statements about how much of a "tragedy" it is that Raikaria was in charge of the lynch, given how utterly destructive and disruptive you've been to the game.

Bardiche, your rage is delicious, mostly because I have the full knowledge all this time that you are on a completely wrong trail and is completely emotionally motivated to hatepost and scumread me all the way even to the graveyard,

And this is where you're wrong. I'm not "emotionally motivated" to scumread you, I scumread you because lying as Town and then insisting you're being honest and flipping out so hard because people don't trust you isn't Pro-Town behaviour. Playing in such a way as to bully players out of the game with insults and ad hominem play isn't even party-game behaviour. Continuing to bait me even after the game ends is incredibly poor form. Banning people from games for not playing to win is completely reasonable, it's normally a rule you have to play to win (and play nice).

Multiple people have aired that they have problems with your behaviour and your response is to say you were correct and it's all Town's fault. It's no wonder people don't want to play with you again; no one likes it when people sing their own praises in spite of how utterly unpleasant they were.

As for the game, I guess I gave Shadoweh too much of a pass because someone was ~actively scummy~, and Zak and Shadoweh were both too busy lurking. It was kind of hard to make a distinction between Zak's unwillingness to play and Shadoweh's unwillingness to play, but important lessons can be drawn from this: we're still too easily caught in desires to let lurkers pass, and MOTK Mafia players are still much too willing to commit to lurker playstyles to discourage scum from using it.

Shadoweh

Re: NSP Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #613 on: August 17, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
Bard: If it makes you feel better, I killed you because arguing with you is hard and I didn't think I'd be more convincing then you.
I feel this fragment pretty much confirmed Shadoweh as Paladin's scumbuddy. If Paladin really wanted to avoid having a townie scan as town he wouldn't go and say that Shadoweh was confirmed town himself, since that's precisely the information he'd want to conceal.
Not considering this because of possible WIFOM would is wrong since Paladin had to act as quickly as possible to avoid having the result outed, so it's not likely that he'd think of concealing information in complex ways.
This was incredibly scummy of Sky P and I expected to be quicklynched the next day because of it! You might notice a theme in the scum QT of me wondering what day I would lose on. On a scale of terrible overacting, "Oh no can't let you figure out SHADOWEH IS CONFIRMED TOWNIE TOWN" was high up there! I also don't know what Sky did to piss in everyone's cheerios so bad (because I never read his posts) :< Someday I will have non-suicidal partners..

Edit: I almost forgot about this, but the GY reminded me. That part where DNA brought up the role pm formatting was really shitty and on mofiascum people have been modkilled for doing that under the 'don't quote mod communications' part of the rules. Don't do this again, seriously.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:18:54 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Re: NSP Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2014, 01:46:04 AM »
Bard: If it makes you feel better, I killed you because arguing with you is hard and I didn't think I'd be more convincing then you.This was incredibly scummy of Sky P and I expected to be quicklynched the next day because of it! You might notice a theme in the scum QT of me wondering what day I would lose on. On a scale of terrible overacting, "Oh no can't let you figure out SHADOWEH IS CONFIRMED TOWNIE TOWN" was high up there! I also don't know what Sky did to piss in everyone's cheerios so bad (because I never read his posts) :< Someday I will have non-suicidal partners..

Edit: I almost forgot about this, but the GY reminded me. That part where DNA brought up the role pm formatting was really shitty and on mofiascum people have been modkilled for doing that under the 'don't quote mod communications' part of the rules. Don't do this again, seriously.
but mafiascum sucks and no one should play on there(hasn't actually played on there)
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #615 on: August 17, 2014, 02:49:44 AM »
But I've been town LVP before
no he hasnt hes just being modest

Shadoweh

« Reply #616 on: August 17, 2014, 05:34:04 AM »
I just noticed my NK strategy was "kill everyone associatecd with SF". Even the Bard!

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #617 on: August 17, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
no he hasnt hes just being modest

he has claimed town lpv before and died because of it though!