Author Topic: JK9 Mafia - Game over like a dog with 2 legs  (Read 33765 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: JK9 Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
So apparently coming up with the same opinions as someone else makes me copying them, even if I came up with them myself after the other? This is why I said I don't like opening my mouth, people always find something bad about it. Also, that Bardiche vote was a OMGUS vote, since apparently I wouldn't be taken seriously if I didn't put a vote with my opinions.

Quote from: Bardiche
I want to hear, from both NeoSerela and PX, the proper way to end RVS without taking a passive role in the game, and while receiving their applause. Time to get out the elbow grease and put in the work, you two - no one already agrees with you about my method being so bad it's scummy, so it's time you actually make that argument stick.

RVS ends when somebody takes something seriously and things branch out from there, from what I've seen. I took your words as you said, and called you out on the words you said.

reVelske
Nice jumping on to the damn wagon. Got anything else to say about anyone else?

@ #3, I was explaining my previous post. At that point, way early in D1, I saw it as a toss up between Bardiche and Neo.
And I'm not showering love @ Neo, I just formed opinions, and realized how similar it was to Neo. I was fully prepared to go under attack from doing that.

Roukanken
I was just trying to get the lurkers out of lurking, but I didn't plant a vote on him. What's bad about egging people to voice their opinions?
Quote from: Roukanken
PX, please stop spectating and start producing. Just because you have a reputation as lurker/derp!Town does not give you a free ticket to be lurker/derp again.
So you can tell someone to start producing, but when I do it's bad?

Quote from: Bardiche
Like NeoSerela, you say my way of ending RVS was bad. Even though we are now doing something actually productive, you find it was a bad way and mimic Serela's "I'd rather be passive and wait for others to do something than take an active role in moving towards a lynch". This permits Scum to monopolise a lynch target and tunnel vision Town into lynching Town on D1.
Okay, fine. You ended RVS with that, because discussion happened after that because people didn't like your vote. If we didn't like your vote and post, then we wouldn't have a discussion now, would we? Somebody had to call you out for the post, because otherwise we'd still be wandering around in D1.

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »
I do not see any reason to change my vote at this juncture. PX's case on Bardiche feels forced to me and suffers from the same issues as Serela's. His answer to Bardiche's question seems kind of like a dodge to me, since Bard's RVS post was provoking others into taking it seriously. If you believe taking something seriously is how we get out of RVS, then how is making a post risky enough that another would repond to it seriously scummy? Wouldn't it help out, rather? PX's answer does not really explain anything, imo.

I like what Velske said about PX being indecisive what wagon he wanted to jump on while liking Serela, didn't catch that. It's a bit less impressive when you consider he had to be pressed by other players multiple times just to point it out, though.

I would like to know what Serela has to say now that he has more to go by, since last time he posted he claimed he had nothing else to bring up due to a lack of posts.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 09:55:29 PM »
It's reV, reV + elske, nothing to do with Velske :V

Nice jumping on to the damn wagon. Got anything else to say about anyone else?

Yep!

Pesco stinks! And doggie noms are tasteless! Bring out the leftover spaghettis and let us have a feast!

TBH, I didn't even see the wagon and thought I was kinda starting one, or rather hoping that I'd be able to start one, all well and good it seems!

And nobody else posted anything that strikes me as attention-worthy, so nay, 'fraid not. I'm usually more than happy to throw lurkers off the bridge but right now we have better options than them.

I was fully prepared to go under attack from doing that.

But your preparation seem insufficient against our attacks of righteousness!

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 12:27:38 AM »
@PX: So why was my method bad?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
You said you don't participate RVS. Therefore, I take your first post seriously. You jump on a wagon, then say you can go with either wagon that's going on currently(as of ED1). You see someone just pushing a wagon for apparently no reason, you have to call him out on it. That's how I see it, and that's why I call your post bad. Other than that, good job. You got us out of RVS. I actually don't see a reason to lynch you at all, as long as the first post was not to be taken literally.

Bardiche

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »
Right, so why the vote for me earlier, and who would you want to lynch right now, then?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:44 AM »
1)
Quote from: PX 60
Also, that Bardiche vote was a OMGUS vote, since apparently I wouldn't be taken seriously if I didn't put a vote with my opinions.

2)
No idea, but at this point reVelske. He just seems like he's tunnel-visioned and doesn't really seem to be taking things seriously.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2010, 03:05:22 AM »
Adding on to my previous post:

Not to mention.... He was basically content with lurking the whole D1 while making pointless remarks.

##Vote: reVelske

(Unofficial) Vote Count

Doll: reVelske
PX: FFMaster, huhwhat, reVelske
Bardiche: Affinity, NeoSerela, Doll, PX
NeoSerela: Bardiche, Roukanken
Roukanken: Affinity
reVelske: PX

PX at L-2
9 alive, 5 votes to lynch

5 hours remain

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »
Vote Count

PX: FFMaster, huhwhat, reVelske
Bardiche: NeoSerela, Doll
NeoSerela: Bardiche, Roukanken
Roukan: Affinity
reVelske: PX

PX at L-2
If no majority is reached, no lynch

2 hours remain

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2010, 05:03:49 AM »
Funny enough, of every game I played, only scums have ever labeled my actions as "tunnel-visioned". True story.

And again, ysoserious? I do very much enjoy adding flavour to my posts, complete game-face doesn't really work for me. With that said, I'm being perfectly serious with my voting decision, you are by the far the most suspect of the lot and surely you are able to see that as well (can you not)? And just look at your last two posts, seem like a desperate final attempt to draw attention away from yourself and onto me.

And yes, I won't deny that I was "content" (if you could call it that) with "lurking" (again, if you can call it that), I was not interested in he usual Day One turd-pelting that takes place where I play Mafia games, but I was perfectly willing to jump in and get my hands dirty when there are things that actually appear worthy of my attention (evidently), and I have already explained that. The unwillingness to throw insubstantial accusations around is just done on principle, if it is something one wish to lampoon me for then so be it, I stand by my righteous ways.

FFMaster

• worst mafia player ever
    • FFH
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2010, 05:48:39 AM »
And just look at your last two posts, seem like a desperate final attempt to draw attention away from yourself and onto me.
Well, to be fair, if you were in his position, wouldn't you try to avoid getting lynched as well? Whether he is actually scum or not(only he knows), it would be in his best interest to save himself. Saying that PX trying to save himself makes you more sure of your lynch sounds fishy to me. However, since a lynch is better than no lynch, I'm going to have to leave my vote on PX.

>>UNLESS<<
People move to a different lynch target in the next hour. Neo hasn't said a thing since yesterday, feels like he is lying low to avoid further fire. It just makes me more suspicious of him.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »
Hey, what happens when no majority vote is reached by the end of the day?

FFMaster

• FFH
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »
If no majority is reached, no lynch

We have less than 1 hour to decide.

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:19 AM »
You should probably switch your vote to PX so we can get a lynch assuming somebody else comes along too, Doll, in case that wasn't obvious.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2010, 06:28:52 AM »
Guess I night as well get this over with *shrug*

##Unvote

##Vote: PX

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:35 AM »
Well, to be fair, if you were in his position, wouldn't you try to avoid getting lynched as well?

Certainly, but not by making insubstantial retaliation at whoever that just previously attacked me, and if I was role-less and there was no-one else around that appear particularly scummy, I would gladly take the bullet rather than risking ousting a power-role or such.

Saying that PX trying to save himself makes you more sure of your lynch sounds fishy to me.

There is nothing fishy about apparent truth.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:27 AM »
I loathe you all, so very much.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 06:56:42 AM »
About 5 mins left. PX at L-1. Phoneposting, so no big post.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
I'm sorry PX *hugs PX*

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »
I find people's lack of activity during the final few hours to be... quite disconcerting.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
No Lynch was reached. 24 hours for actions. No action submitted means no action taken.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: JK9 Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »
Huhwhat the Fat Dog bit off more than he could chew and choked to death.

8 alive, 5 votes to lynch.

72 hours remain.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 08:33:29 AM »
Noooo! Poor huhwhat...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
Forum downtime will be compensated for.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »
Where the hell is everybody? Can people not even make an effort to at least check the thread within the last 5-10 hours and try get a lynch? I mean, come on, no lynch on day one? Now we STILL got pretty much nothing to work with!

huhwhat's death must be avenged.

##VOTE: PX

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »
Round about 9AM our time.
I read this and thought Pesco and I were in the same timezone, so I pulled myself awake at 8:30 to see if a hammer was needed.

Unfortunately, I am apparently 2 hours behind Pesco, because by the time I showed up the bad things had already happened. :[ Sorry.

Anyway. At the moment I'm actually still torn between Neo and PX. But what seals the deal for me is that while everyone started focusing on PX and PX alone, Neo got away with saying absolutely nothing after his 'Not talking unless there's more to talk about' post. Lurking is one thing, but failing to contribute when you're a major suspect is outright scummy. Neo basically appears to have been keeping quiet and letting PX incriminate himself so that he would fall back out of the spotlight.

##Vote: Neo

FFMaster

• FFH
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 11:15:04 AM »
From me...
Neo hasn't said a thing since yesterday, feels like he is lying low to avoid further fire. It just makes me more suspicious of him.
I'll give him a bit more time for him to make a defense post though, since Day 2 just started. I'm assuming that he asked permission from Pesco to lurk, since no prod messages have appeared from Pesco(unless he is just PMing them, and not saying in the thread?).

reVelske, do you think going straight for a lynch on PX before even discussing Huh what's death is a smart idea? We now have 72 hours to work with, and plenty of time to get a proper town lynch going. I still feel he is scummy, but I want to wait for Neo's post first.

Huh what taking the bullet for N1 kill... I'm not sure. I don't know how big the names "Bardiche", "Roukanen" and "Huh what" are, but they seem to be the most experienced in this game. I would have bet that one of those 3 got killed. Other than that, I can't think right now. Need to sleep I guesses.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »
Considering Neo's last active time was "November 11, 2010, 01:54:35 pm" (Pesco Time?), I'd like to think it's because he was busy with something else or simply neglected the thread, same goes to Affnity, not sure with Bard since he has been on after the end of Day One. Regardless, it's quite shocking to see people not making an effort to just pop into the thread for few minutes near the end of the day and actually DO something.

Though I do find it rather odd how Bard, who has been an active player during most of Day One, neglected to come in at the end of the day to finalize a lynch. And TBH, I actually though PX was gonna be lynched, I didn't know we absolutely had to do a hard lynch rather than lynch whoever on most votes at the end of Day One.

I want to see what Neo has to say for himself, otherwise, nothing has changed, PX is still the most suspect dog in this forsaken house. Though if Affinity choose to continue his AFK spree, I'm happy to get him out, death to all lurkers.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
reVelske, do you think going straight for a lynch on PX before even discussing Huh what's death is a smart idea? We now have 72 hours to work with, and plenty of time to get a proper town lynch going. I still feel he is scummy, but I want to wait for Neo's post first.

Not like I'm going to get my wagon filled up anytime soon :V, so no trouble there, I'm merely showing my opinion on this matter with the vote, and continue what huhwhat started.

Bardiche

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »
@reVelske: Day end was at 5 AM for me. Not all of us are American.

##Vote: Doll

Managed to make a post right after day start, but proceeded to do absolutely nothing. Here's your incentive to start talking.

As for others, I agree with Roukanken about Serela's poor defence and would like to see him step up his game. He also still has that question to answer about why my D1 actions were "bad". PX's accusation against me re: ending RVS being a scummy action is still unexplained for.

Yes, people would have to criticise eventually. But here we have two people doggedly biting into how terrible the action itself was to the point of absolute abandon of any other thread to pursue.

@Affinity: I never branded either of them as passive. But both PX and NeoSerela explicitly said that it is better to joke around during RVS until someone does something stupid and pound on them for it than it is to take active action to end it. I do hold their praise for passive participation to the game against them as a scummy sentiment and I am honestly surprised you misread that.