Author Topic: POS Mafia Day5 Game Over  (Read 35859 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: POS Mafia Day1 Begin!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
Nietz: I DON'T SUCK! ;_;

No lynch would be pretty stupid on Day 1, as it'd give Day 2 nothing to work with. Why would you even need to choose between the no lynch or lynch, assuming something outlandish doesn't happen?

GJ putting so much effort into a joke vote, NS.

Meh, don't like Ecthel basically giving reasons to not to bother doing anything Day 1. Yes, there's no info and it's pretty random, but it'll eventually become useful, due to bandwagon analysis and such. Not bothering to do anything isn't going to help.

##Unvote
##Vote Ecthel

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:04 AM »
##Vote NeoSerela because I have a gut feeling and because I'm entitled to a joke vote too.
 :V

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 03:07:36 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Ecthel
Don't like the way he's been acting for the same reasons I've been pressuring him. His vote on Serela seems like he's trying to get the heat for not voting off of him without responding directly to the other issues. Also note that Serela has the most votes atm so he's kind of an easy target, though I guess this doesn't mean much since it's really really early D1.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 03:10:05 AM »
/confirm

Ecthel's bandwagon just there was scummy as hell. Not really liking his D1 attitude as well.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 03:15:07 AM »
Uhh not really. They're usually not well-founded, but they're not actually completely random. And if you believe the lynches are random, then why aren't you randomvoting to contribute? Even if RVS is incredibly stupid you aren't going to get it anywhere by saying "meh RVS is incredibly stupid" and not voting.
Yes, you do, if you actually start some sort of well-reasoned discussion instead of voting. Could be about current random votes, could be about past games, could be about playstyle. But in general, not voting during RVS is not as useless as everyone likely to claim it is.

The real point of D1 though is to give us a starting point for information for D2, both from the D1 lynch and, as Sodium Cyanate mentioned, from D1 wagonalysis. Thus, it is ultimately irrelevant whether RVS takes place or not, what is important is that some sort of wagon or wagons form and that someone gets lynched D1, preferably someone who is Scum.

Not sure what to make of Serela, but it feels more like just him being an idiot so far than anything else - Scum gain no advantage from making such a statement, at least this early-on in the game, and attract WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much attention onto themselves to trade for it.

Ecthel - honestly, so far reads like just a noob. See MEIN MAIDENKAMPF for what one should do with newbies who make stupid mistakes, etc.

Everyone else - we're not even on the second page and barely 12 hours into D1, holy god you guize post too much irrelevant nonsense too fast :V
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 04:02:02 AM »
This is the first time I've even heard of Ecthel (I can't even spell his name properly without looking it up), so I assume he's new. I don't see why we should break out the spiked paddle for his misconceptions of how Day one Works.

Alice is right. Random votes are a cause in the cause and effect relationship between voting and building cases. It's not the end all be all of the first 24 hours, and thinking that way gives scum a safe place to hide.

speaking of cause and effect, I don't buy huh what's case at all.
Quote from: Huh What
His vote on Serela seems like he's trying to get the heat for not voting off of him without responding directly to the other issues.
Of course he's trying to get the heat off of him. You're pressuring him. Being scum is not the cause here - survival instinct is.
He's responded to everything you asked him, and he's given his opinion between Serela and I. What other issues are you expecting him to comment on?
Serela isn't an easy target. Having the largest bandwagon doesn't automatically make one an easy target, it's having a readily throw-away-able excuse to vote that person. It's not as if his vote came out of left field, either.

Neitz, I said in the post before yours that I would explain it in detail later. Most likely tomorrow morning when I wake up. I think the way Serela answered implied scum-based logic.

Mod: Which word counter do you plan on using? There are several on the net that count differently.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 04:17:10 AM »
Morning Hour of the Ox

Voting

MakaiSouvenirBooth (1): Nietz
Kefit (0):
Nietz (0):
headcrabs (1): Serpentarius
Nat Tea (0):
Zakeri (1): NeoSerela
Moe Moe Sakanespierre (0):
Serpentarius (0):
NeoSerela (2): Zakeri, Ecthel
huh what (0):
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (2): MakaiSouvenirBooth, huh what

Not Voting:  Kefit, headcrabs, Nat Tea, Moe Moe Sakanespierre, ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in ~42 hours

Zak: I'll let Pesco answer that when he gets on so that we're using the same one.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 04:41:53 AM »
Ecthel - honestly, so far reads like just a noob.
I blame not playing mafia in 8 months.

I'd talk more but if if I'm caught on here past 12 bad thingstm would happen.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 05:39:18 AM »
I copy paste your post as the quote box gives me into a word processor and press word count.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »
/confirm

Uhhh, NeoSerela, do you really have to do things like that? It's a bit crazy of you to say, "Look! Due to these circumstances and the time of the weather, it's Zakeri!"

And then you change your vote as soon as someone accuses you of something.

Really?

##Vote: NeoSerela
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »
Guillotine, set up.

Ready for derp-off in 3...2...1...

#Vote Nat Tea   Good morning~

Haven't made up my mind about Ecthel/Serela yet, so random vote for now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »
Uhhh, NeoSerela, do you really have to do things like that? It's a bit crazy of you to say, "Look! Due to these circumstances and the time of the weather, it's Zakeri!"
Quote from: Zakeri
I think the way Serela answered implied scum-based logic.

People, it's a JOKEVOTE for godsakes. There isn't ANY logic in it. That's, uh, kind of what people do at the very very start of D1, you know?

And then you change your vote as soon as someone accuses you of something.

Really?
Erm what. I never changed my vote.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
People, it's a JOKEVOTE for godsakes. There isn't ANY logic in it. That's, uh, kind of what people do at the very very start of D1, you know?

Erm what. I never changed my vote.
It's a jokevote until Kitten4u writes it down as a real vote~
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
Morning Hour of the Tiger

Voting

Kefit (0):
Nietz (0):
headcrabs (1): Serpentarius
Nat Tea (1): Sakana
Serpentarius (0):
NeoSerela (3): Zakeri, Ecthel, Nat Tea
huh what (0):
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (2): MakaiSouvenirBooth, huh what

Not Voting:  Kefit, headcrabs, ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

Deadline is in ~34 hours

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
Lots of newbie derp so far.  Ecthel seems oddly slow to catch on to the idea of random voting.  Choja's even slower.  That's only scummy in the sense that bad play is always scummy.

I'd like clarification from Alice on something from his last post.  Just which statement were you talking about when you said that Scum-Neo would gain no advantage by making "such a statement"?
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
I'd like clarification from Alice on something from his last post.  Just which statement were you talking about when you said that Scum-Neo would gain no advantage by making "such a statement"?
Pressing the Zakeri-dies-early point. The first post was just a jokevote, but his subsequent posts seem to indicate a case of nothing more than just him being a noob/derp than an actual Scummy attack on someone, it seems too painfully obvious and blatant, not to mention not something that seems like it'd get much traction as a wagon, and thus I'm slightly perplexed as to why some people (Zakeri, possibly others) are considering what he said as a potential Scumtell.

@Choja: what in the name of Monosodium Glutamate are you talking about? NeoSerela never switched votes, and I can't see K4U accidentally misattributing NeoSerela's vote in his post. Read the thread, please, I don't want to be dealing with another wrathie on my hands.

Also, I checked the edit history of that post and the only thing you added in in the edit was the "/Confirmed", and seeing as you're new to mafia and this is still ED1 I am willing to ignore that (who knows that the mods will, though), but please do not edit your posts from now on, EBWOP instead, please (i.e. make corrections in a subsequent poast (whee multi-poast drifting)).

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
EBWOP: "who knows what the mods will do"*

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »
Guys, you don't random vote if there's actual discussion. Nor do you contemplate which wagon to join in broad daylight. =V

Ecthel seems way too concerned with survival and defending himself, but I think he's derpTown, because his vote doesn't make sense if he were scum. Going "I can has joke voat too" isn't exactly what I'd think scum would do to get pressure off themselves. It could be derpScum, but I would think they'd try looking for a better reason to vote someone.

headcrabs does nothing except claim something is scummy. Awesome. Why is it scummy outside "oh noes, 2nd vote on NS"?
##Unvote
##Vote: headcrabs 

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Lots of newbie derp so far.  Ecthel seems oddly slow to catch on to the idea of random voting.  Choja's even slower.  That's only scummy in the sense that bad play is always scummy.
I'm inept at a lot of things. I also ruin a lot of things.

##Unvote
##Vote: Serpentarius

@Choja: what in the name of Monosodium Glutamate are you talking about? NeoSerela never switched votes, and I can't see K4U accidentally misattributing NeoSerela's vote in his post. Read the thread, please, I don't want to be dealing with another wrathie on my hands.
I would like to say that I was absolutely delirious at that time and wasn't actually reading Kitten4u's report right. Or at all. Whoops.

Also, I checked the edit history of that post and the only thing you added in in the edit was the "/Confirmed", and seeing as you're new to mafia and this is still ED1 I am willing to ignore that (who knows that the mods will, though), but please do not edit your posts from now on, EBWOP instead, please (i.e. make corrections in a subsequent poast (whee multi-poast drifting)).
I was actually expecting a modkill because of the above note of being incredibly delirious and forgetting that that is a really bad idea.

Ironically, that would mean I didn't actually read the rules and yet I still /confirm'd. Hoorah.
Horie dorie~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
Where is Kefit? Been about 20 hours since game start. I really don't see why someone wouldn't have posted during random vote phase on purpose though, so eh.

Unvote, ##Vote:Kefit LOVE TAP FOR MOTIVATION

headcrabs DID post, but didn't really do anything, during the one point where you can pretty much vote anyone for no reason and be fine... hmm.  And while I'm speaking of people lacking votes, Alice has posted some of the most words, yet there isn't a vote within any of those, either.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
If Serela's Timestamp matches my clock, it's been about 22 hours now. That's given everyone enough time to comment. Plus, I'm tired of waiting.

It's true scum Serela didn't really have a reason to do what he's done so far, but Serela has already claimed that, and I believe it. The scumtell I'm talking about is a slip, not an intended result.

I asked Serela: "why do you insist it be by the town lynch instead of scum nightkill?"
Serela Answered: "It's obviously fate, there's no fighting it. If you're lynched, it's simply ORDAINED BY GOD(tm)"

He directly avoided answering the question, and continued to push for the lynch. An obvious answer to the question would be because I was scum, and therefore can't or won't be targeted by the scumkill. I believe the thought to answer like this never occurred to Serela, because he knew I was town, yet continued to pursue me with a vote.

I'm not moving my vote right now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »
He directly avoided answering the question, and continued to push for the lynch.
Continued to push for the lynch? Oh yes, because a complete jokevote is actually going to go ANYWHERE near a lynch, at all.

An obvious answer to the question would be because I was scum, and therefore can't or won't be targeted by the scumkill.
For :V reasons, I'd like to mention how last game you were scum, wasn't the D1 lynch, and STILL died on N1 :3

The "thought to answer like this" didn't occur to me because I was trying to be amusing instead of serious, because it's a jokevote, and I wasn't taking anything seriously at all. I mean, why would I be seriously questioned about the lolreasoning for a vote like that?

Not really feeling great towards Zak being so aggressive towards me over something like this, but then again, it's early D1, so it's not like there's anything else to be going on.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »
NeoSerela: First off, Kefit said he'd be a bit inactive until Monday, in the signup topic. Secondly, that vote is horribad because "Oh noes, someone isn't here ED1! Weak Prod GO!".  Lastly, the other part of your post sucks because it's IIoA.

Choja: Why are you voting Serp again?

Zakeri: I think that's more or less evidence that NS didn't read that question properly. =V

NS Ninja

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
And while I'm speaking of people lacking votes, Alice has posted some of the most words, yet there isn't a vote within any of those, either.
Eh, it's not like Alice is suspect of anything for not voting, maybe she just likes to edge close to that 300 word limit. Nothing wrong there.

Besides, it's better to know how you screwed up and get punched in the face than for the fist to be coming out of the blue, truth be told.

Thanks, Alice!
Horie dorie~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 10:43:46 PM »
MSB:Oh, whoops. Well, no point in having a pokevote on him in that case. And I thought pokevotes were fine (at least compared to jokevotes), since one was used on me last game only slightly farther into D1. ##Unvote And there really isn't much information to analyze at this point; that's what D1 is for, getting information to analyze, I'm sure we'll have plenty of it shortly :D Most of the stuff right now is newbies being newbies+me never saying the right thing.

Fairly sure Choja's Serpvote is "let's have random ED1 votes" but that's for him to answer, of course.

And yeah, Alice is looking fine, I just thought it was slightly strange how there wasn't any vote. It's not like headcrabs, who didn't really even say anything along with votelack. Waiting for the next headcrabs post actually, I'm interested in what he'll do. Him and Aggress!Zak are who I'm paying attention to right now, although I'll probably dismiss them afterwords as "ehh ED1" when we've got more stuff to look at.

Oh, I have a vote to use now. Coinflip on Zak and headcrabs! And it's tails. ##Vote:Zakeri

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
Morning Hour of the Rabbit

Voting

Kefit (0):
Nietz (0):
headcrabs (2): Serpentarius, MSB
Nat Tea (1): Sakana
Serpentarius (1): Nat Tea
NeoSerela (2): Zakeri, Ecthel
huh what (0):
?lice Bl?ckb?rn (0):
Ecthel (1): huh what

Not Voting:  Kefit, headcrabs, ?lice Bl?ckb?rn

Deadline is in ~23 hours

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:55:53 PM by Pesco »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
NeoSerela (2):  Zakeri, Ecthel, Nat Tea
Forgot to remove Choja's vote, there >:

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote huh waht

His actions towards on Serela and Ecthel look like trying to capitalize on newbie mistakes to look like scumhunting. It's not strongly scummy, but it's a clasicall scum trick for D1.

But Choja's unexplained OMGUS on Serp also looks pretty bad. Was that supposed to be a jokevote?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 01:47:03 AM »
Fairly sure Choja's Serpvote is "let's have random ED1 votes" but that's for him to answer, of course.
You've hit it fairly on the mark.

Serp remarked that I didn't get the point of a randomvote, so I just went and got ahead with it. It's not like anyone does get killed on D1 (and if they did, it would be a horribly ridiculous stroke of bad luck).
Horie dorie~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2010, 01:56:33 AM »
It's not like anyone does get killed on D1 (and if they did, it would be a horribly ridiculous stroke of bad luck).
This brings up an important point.

Pesco, what's the policy for days ending with no vote majority towards a lynch? I didn't see anything about that in the rules.