Author Topic: Trustee Mafia: Flash Version (game over, town wins)  (Read 20417 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: Trustee Mafia: Flash Version (Day 2)
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »
Actually I'm just trying to prove a point about detachment.

Anyway I give up.  You and Raitaki are the scum team.

CF7 is probably laughing.

Zak is lurking so MAYBE he's scum, maybe.  if he had a partner it's a coin toss between the two of you, but hopefully the graveyard will choose me.

actually.  Raikaria, will you vote me instead of Zakeri? (Or Raitaki if you're around would you vote me?)

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
Hmm?

I already explained why voting you is folly. And Rawr said the same thing.

And Rawr was town.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ActionDan

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:09 PM »
he did?

I'm happy he thinks I'm town then.  It would be very appreciated if he voted for me to win with my faction.  He probably will vote for me now along with CF7.  I am being very town and it shows imo.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
##Unvote

I can't be fully certain because of the way Lylo works, but I'm feeling pretty certain Dan is the other town now thanks to how things went down yesterday.

I feel like (in the case Dan is town) that the Rais are banking on Karia being the one to be selected tomorrow against Dan. There's a bit of trying to trip town flags in the unvote against me, as well as the contradictory stance on Dan which is an attempt to look like he's thinking hard about things.

Of course, it might also be Raikaria really is town. Man, it feels really bad going back to square one after having had the hang of mafia for so long because I can see myself falling into WiFoM traps I never would have given thought to before. It's been so long since I've even used the word wifom.

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »
It also never occurred to me until it was brought up but we can't possibly lynch scum without busing or self-votes.

From my stance, I feel like Raikaria and Dan are the safe lynch because to me it would make the other one the opposite alignment.
Of course, this depends on Rawr and CF7 believing I'm town, which if they did hard enough wouldn't matter who we lynched anyway besides me. I'm not feeling confident in that, though.
I think Raitaki would be the better bet for this because then we'd reduce the flat chance of the Trustees being wrong.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Trustee Mafia: Flash Version (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
actiondan is scum nearly 4 days and no posts and im not counting that post with his excuse

zakeri ill always think hes scummy from his posts and the POE is securing it even more. i would explain why i think hes scummy but you know i dont think anyone actually gives a fuck and ill be now calling this the bardiche effect. id come up with something cooler but my who cares

so overall zakeri/actiondan scum picks, if either flipped town id say raikaria is scum confirmed then. anyways ill see you fellas later, the lack of deadline and prods makes the urgency to play this game non existent for everyone.

Despite not having a day limit i suggest we consolidate on someone in next 24 hours. I have low motivation to play in general and this game saps it quite fast. I am fine with lynching Dan, because of his absence. Also i am fine with Dr Rawr's lynch. The rest looks town/null-ish at the moment. And i guess we kinda need flips to progress.

The graveyard both anted to lynch you Dan. It's pretty reasonable to assume they wouldn't vote you. Which is why while I think that you are the scum; it is more prudent to lynch the HIDDEN scum than you. The grave isn't voting you regardless; don't need to worry about you.

Anyway; re-reading Zakeri actually makes me think he's not necessarily Dan's scumbuddy. He's actually been rather vocal against Dan; at least; compared to everyone else.

However Zakeri; I think it is worth mentioning this:

You think one of the scums is me or Dan; right? And we're mutually exclusive. Meaning one of us is town; and one of us is scum.

I think it is safe to assume you assume you are not scum. Which leaves only one player for the remaining scum.

Which would confirm Raitaki as scum from your PoV.

So... why are you not voting Raitaki?

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2014, 08:45:21 PM »
Also Raitaki; your three cents would be useful at this junction.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
Also why do I keep thinking that CF7 is alive?

ActionDan

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »
The graveyard both anted to lynch you Dan. It's pretty reasonable to assume they wouldn't vote you. Which is why while I think that you are the scum; it is more prudent to lynch the HIDDEN scum than you. The grave isn't voting you regardless; don't need to worry about you.

Anyway; re-reading Zakeri actually makes me think he's not necessarily Dan's scumbuddy. He's actually been rather vocal against Dan; at least; compared to everyone else.

However Zakeri; I think it is worth mentioning this:

You think one of the scums is me or Dan; right? And we're mutually exclusive. Meaning one of us is town; and one of us is scum.

I think it is safe to assume you assume you are not scum. Which leaves only one player for the remaining scum.

Which would confirm Raitaki as scum from your PoV.

So... why are you not voting Raitaki?

Well I think dead people who thought I was scum would vote me.  probably. 

Better to get a scum dead then "finding" a "hidden" scum because they'd be hidden anyway if you didn't "find" them which whether not choosen or lynched, it's the same chance I believe.

Anyway Zakeri, will you waffle only now after not talking for some days?

:/. 

Save your thoughts, I have decided.

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

I think the current graveyard needs to know your alignment to solve this puzzle.  And ya definitely it's mutually exclusive if one of me or Raikaria is scum.  I think Graveyard needs to prove it one way or the other with your lynch.  Because if you do flip scum, the game will be a lot easier to win for town.

If you flip town.  I have to trust that no one will vote for Raitaki (pretty certainly not) and that people will see the light wrt Raikaria.  I mean CF7 is dead for Christ sakes.  Also I have been a lot more town and engaged than Raikaria.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
I honestly still am banking on Raikaria Raitaki combo, but the world needs to know this flip. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
Both are cowards that did not vote me, knowing my town flip would destroy them.   

GY, you should vote me tomorrow if Zak flips town.  I am town, I am not tricking you.  You must vote me in order to win.  I will understand if you don't, but to have glory and win, you must.  If Zak flips scum, you should still vote for me, because It would be a coin toss otherwise tbh.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »
Gentlemans I take mon leave.  The game is no longer up to me; may the trustees guide us and not fall to the evil that begins with Rai.

Don't lynch me.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
Zakeri (3) ActionDan, Raikaria, Raitaki

Not voting: Zakeri

Zakeri the Human has been elected a Trustee.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:40:44 PM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »
Was he town or scum?

edit: wow hi Vhaltz's account. This is Mitsuki.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »
Jeez, give me a chance to do the things first.

The remainder of this game will take place in the Boardroom. This thread will be updated when the Trustees have reached an agreement.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:39:39 PM by O4rfish »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »

The trustees have decided on a speaker. That evening, during the banquet, Raikaria the Human delivers a speech describing the purpose and duty of the Foundation to eradicate wilderness around the village, for safety and usability. Two of the chartered beneficiaries slink off into the night.

Game over. Town wins!

Youkai qt
Boardroom

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
I would like to thank my players
01 ActionDan (Youkai)
02 CF7 (Human)
03 Dr Rawr (Human)
04 Raikaria (Human)
05 Raitaki (Youkai)
06 Zakeri (Human)
for playing my first Mafia game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Trustee Mafia: Flash Version (game over, town wins)
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:33 PM »
wait, so scum had a nightkill that only furthered town's goals?

Okay, Oarfish, you really shouldn't rely on extreme gimmicks if it's your first time modding. Lord knows my first setup had a trainwreck waiting (I had a town player who could see the scum QT, lol) but I got lucky because said player died early.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
Oh hey; I won.

And I knew you were scum Actiondan; it was just that everyone else knew you were scum that was dead already [Well; both said you were a strong scumread for them] so I was figuring 'Might as well confirm which of Zakeri/Raitaki it is'. If we lynched the scum out of the pair; then town would win for sure. If we lynched the town out of them; then I'd just put stock in process of elimination coming through with the general scumread Rawr and CF7 had on you.

Not exactly my favorite game of mafia to date; but I'll take a town win.

Also reading the boardroom makes me D:

I was trying to be town but there was so little content for me to be town with
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:09:11 PM by Raikaria »

ActionDan

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »
Well after I quick hammered Rawr it was fairly obvious imo.  I was amused to see Zakeri got injected with some wifom.  I think it was quite na?ve to think that me and Raikaria would be mutually exclusive scum/town though.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
yea no kidding, i almost did vote actiondan in the graveyard two but not because he was town
:trollface:

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:38 PM »
Poor Zak.

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:22 AM »
Well after I quick hammered Rawr it was fairly obvious imo.  I was amused to see Zakeri got injected with some wifom.  I think it was quite na?ve to think that me and Raikaria would be mutually exclusive scum/town though.

I'll say in the end, It was amusing to get injected with some wifom, because it's been such a long time since it's actually happened to me.
Of course, it was still pretty obvious in the end.

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:55 AM »
Also reading the boardroom makes me D
Hey we voted you that counts for something right?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2014, 04:48:14 AM »
wait, so scum had a nightkill that only furthered town's goals?

what

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2014, 05:01:41 AM »
If the goal is to get to the graveyard, and nightkill automatically sends them there, then nightkills only help town.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
If the goal is to get to the graveyard, and nightkill automatically sends them there, then nightkills only help town.

But the goal isn't to get to the graveyard.

More town alive at the end = more chance of winning. If we lynched both scums town autowon. If we lynched 1 we'd have a 66% chance. Scum would never have meaningful Boardroom control; so town could ignore any Boardroom'ed scums.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »
Town doesn't benefit from reaching the graveyard themselves more than they would from sending scum there, since town is guaranteed a GY majority at game end no matter what (unless they lynch every single scum and win by default, which is even better) and confirmed alignments makes scum presence effectively worthless past telling the living scum what's going on.

Scum NK is useful for sending obvtowns to the graveyard so they cannot be chosen at the end of the game, as having an obvtown around is like an autoloss. That, and/or to send people with completely incorrect reads to the GY so they pick the wrong person.

Town going to the GY isn't explicitly -bad-; having town with good reads in there is a plus, and lynching a scummy-looking townie is not really a detriment. But the nk would presumably not be aimed at someone who fulfills both of those conditions. (If everyone is both of those, I don't know if town is playing well or bad...)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
I'd just like to point out that town managed to win this game by lynching town three times in a row.

One of the suggestions I have for improving the setup would be to just not have a graveyard at all. Trustees aren't allowed to communicate until the final decision - when that time comes, the remaining players leave the main thread and the Trustees all come back into the thread to discuss who they would choose and why. It fixes the problem of hiding the end of the game from spectators, and the limited discussion for trustees prevents sidelines shouting that snowballs into tunnel vision. Plus, taking place in the actual game thread with reduce detachment from the game, which I feel like Rawr CF7 and I all felt heavily when we were in the QT.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2014, 06:28:31 PM »
I'd just like to point out that town managed to win this game by lynching town three times in a row.

Well; this IS MotK Town; we specialize in lynching town.