Author Topic: SCP Containment Breach Mafia - Game Over  (Read 44219 times)

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
Re: SCP Containment Breach Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
Mitsuki will post the endgame flip after she finishes eating dinner.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
Spectators should avoid saying anything more than they already have.

« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
An agreement was reached, and the final opportunity to re-contain the last threat was used:

Quote from: BT's role PM
Welcome to the Foundation, BT!
You are SCP-372 (Alternating watcher/voyeur).

Even if you are considered an Euclid class object, you hardly ever damage anyone? at least directly. You like to stalk people, hiding from them. Your extremely flexible muscular fibers allow for you to be fast enough to avoid being spotted most of the time.
Once per night you may stalk someone, learning either who targeted them (watcher) or which roles targeted them (voyeur). You?ll be able to use watcher on odd nights, and voyeur on even nights.
You win when all threats to your faction can no longer win, as long as at least one member of town remains alive.

Moments after ActionDan was engulfed into darkness, leaving no trace behind.

Quote from: Dan's role PM
Welcome to the Foundation, ActionDan!
You are SCP-1025 (3-shot Caffeinator).
You are better known under the name of ?Encyclopedia of diseases?. Currently classified as a Safe class object, those who read you develop the symptoms they read about.
Once per day phase, you may PM the mod with the name of a player, allowing them to read you. They will develop insomnia and stay awake for the duration of the next night phase, letting them keep posting. You may only do this twice.
You win when all threats to your faction can no longer win, as long as at least one member of town remains alive.

Leaving no survivors behind, Raikaria headed for Gate A and escaped!

Quote from: Raikaria's role PM
- Welcome to the Foundation, Raikaria!
You are SCP-106. (1-shot Safeguard)
You are an extremely hostile and aggressive SCP. In spite of not being very agile, you will keep chasing your prey, using your ability to walk through solid matter, until you find them, damage them and bringing them to your pocket dimension to toy with them before you finish them off.
During night you may bring a player to your pocket dimension, making all the actions which target them, with the exception of kills, fail. You may only do this once.
You can communicate with your buddy, x, here: (qt link). You may also communicate with him through other methods, as long as you paste the logs on the QT.
Since you?re a Keter Class object, you?ve been granted a flavour safeclaim: SCP-714.
You win when nothing can stop your faction from controlling the vote.

Congratulations to scum for winning this game! I'll post links in a moment.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: SCP Containment Breach Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
Right, first off, I'm not really mad about this. I think Raikaria played well enough for the win. So again, GG.

THAT SAID, I'm pretty sure there was plenty of evidence to lynch Raikaria over me, so I'm kind of puzzled by how hard the decision was for you. Is it my fault? I certainly failed to lynch Bard in Medaka Box and I thought I did an okay job there too. As usual, more weight should have been given to play and, well, the overall picture, instead of a few select things that bugged you, since if you're wrong about those you're essentially making a blind decision. (I may or may not be making assumptions here - feel free to correct me.)

Also, a bit controversial, but it's usually a good idea to vote along with the guy who seemingly played better if you're on the fence anyway. It promotes better play by rewarding better play - it's always possible the guy who played worse doesn't deserve the win because he played worse. Not the case here - like I said, I thought Raikaria was fine, but still something to keep in mind.

Specific things: about D2, I feel like I'll spontaneously be "out of it" for some days regardless if I'm town or scum. This may or may not be true for all mafia players. I don't think it was THAT weak even then, but, well, I'm biased. And now so are you. :V I still think Vhaltz was under no obligation to target Raitaki/Dorian on N1 - I guess Vhaltz can clear that one up if he wants. I could be spot on about Raitaki/Dorian==maflord being a last-minute change of heart that his end target of choice didn't manage to reflect.

For the record, yeah, the "one-shot roleblocker in a jailor setup" thing should have been more important to you, as well as what I pointed out about SB's role interacting in a weird way with town one-shots. I'm slightly guilty for not pressing those details every second post, I guess.

Okay I think that's enough LYLO musings. I think this game was not that shabby! Dunno how it compares to recent games, so someone else can confirm that part. A shame Refa ejected so early, would've been nice to see different faces longer.

Why'd you claim roleblocker anyway Rai? And why didn't you kill Dan? I thought Dorian would have auto-lynched me.

[12:57:54 PM] SB: game plan: lynch nnr d1, kill vhaltz n1, lynch dan d2, mislynch bt for horrible reasons in lylo

adfasdfasf

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
!Scum Raikaria so far has existed in 3 games; making LYLO; a win and a game which was canceled D1.

Apparently I'm a competent scum. Which is hilario9us because I don't even try to pass myself specifically off as town; I just play pretty much the same as usual.

Now if only I could figure out how to lynch Scum D1 when I'm town.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »
why would anyone even think I'd target raitaki/dorian, Mitsuki was literally posting the OP for D2 as I was typing my last nightposts (and I said this) so it was Not Possible for me to switch my night action after rereading and swiftposting because actions were already locked in.

That said I fucked up by not guessing scum could've had a strongkill/safeguard. I thought my doc gambit was great and that I might've stopped the kill on BT by jailing him since scum wouldn't want to risk shooting me after calling for a doc even if they thought it was a gambit =/

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »
Which is part of the reason I knew I could blow up SB hinting at a safeguard towards BT and part of why I claimed a 1-Shot roleblocker. Also a primary reason I claimed roleblocker was that it flavor-fit my safe-claim; and all the other roles seemed to flavor-fit as well.

I knew there was an effective strongman in the mafia. Except it wasn't BT; it was I; Dio Raikaria!

Also I am dissapoint at the graveyard.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2014, 09:15:10 PM »
I thought we lost the game at massclaim but somehow Raikaria survived? SCUM BRITS OP

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
I thought we lost the game at massclaim but somehow Raikaria survived? SCUM BRITS OP

I fluffed it up with 'town' play and the possibility that BT was a strongman by using something you said combined with BT not counter-claiming Dan.

Also I outright said it would make no sense for me to fakeclaim Roleblocker and it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. That's right; reverse psychology/WIFOM.

Also; MotK Town.

Permission to laugh evily?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #400 on: July 28, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
Role implications for raikaria being scum are way weaker than what people are making them out to be

Don't lynch me.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #401 on: July 28, 2014, 09:27:34 PM »
Multiple town roleblockers in a game with odd night kills? Not really.

ActionDan

« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
Why not?

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
Multiple town roleblockers in a game with odd night kills? Not really.

One's a one-shot and the other doubles as a doctor; meanwhile scum have a strongman; as you yourself let slip.

« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »
wow i was wrong gg. Although it was an enjoyable game to read and i liked how few replies there were
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:12:49 PM by pokemon123 »
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »
If scum have a strongman with multiple shots then that just makes the hookers completely useless, especially the 1-shot one. The jailer doubling as a doc doesn't really matter- if anything that makes it worse because instead of two protective roles in a game with 8p and odd-night kills, it's more like 2.5.

I don't see how this is a "why not" scenario and not a "why would there ever be" scenario. It's further exacerbated by the fact that a 1-shot town role in a game where scum have a vanillizer and a 1-shot maker simply doesn't make sense.

I (and most of the spectators) are not frustrated so much by this but how little effort Dan put into any phase other than D2, after doing so well to get SB to trip up. If Dan had made the wrong choice after deeply questioning both players and making full use of the 72 hours, we would have been like "really dude? oh well". As it is, there's the sense that if Dan had tried harder he could have seen all the discrepancies in Raikaria's roleclaim (not even taking actual play into account).

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
I don't mean to take anything away from Raikaria, who after D1 played a lot better (other than the roleclaim) and did well not to give up after SB got lynched. And I don't think Dan should be banned either but that's Mitsuki's choice.

ActionDan

« Reply #407 on: July 28, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »
It's true enough I didn't do much D3 I guess.

Today though it's pretty clear I was doing read-throughs.  I'm not the type of player to ask a lot of questions because I supply my own answers.  It's completely obvious for example that Raikaria had many contradictions in the thread.  It's just hard to tell if town or scum would make them and what chance they could be made by either alignment.  BT had almost nothing to question because his play was rather self-consistent.  When I said it was 50-50 it was because I could imagine both scenarios more or less equally.

Don't lynch me.