Author Topic: The Legend of Hieda II: Her Mother's Sword (Complete)  (Read 33149 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: The Legend of Hieda II: Her Mother's Sword
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
What made you decide to eschew the Stance and Technique system?

By giving Aichi a more cinematic, open-ended technique I get a lot more narrative freedom. It is also, frankly, easier. There was a lot more to keep track of in this installment, and not having huge movelists was a blessing. I also don't hugely like the Stance/Technique system, and I know that Dynamic Powers are, in the end, a bit lazy, but I've yet to come across a goldmine like Araki did with Stands in JoJo, for example.

Were there any things that you woud have liked to go differently?

The original intent was to have two more fights, one against Kanako and one against Koishi. I felt that both would impede the pace of the plot, and they had to be cut out. Perhaps I could have kept them in if I had better control of pacing, but, otherwise, I am quite happy with how part 2 went, provided that readers felt at all any sympathy to Aichi and Youmu's struggles.

While I won't ask what they'd BE, do you have any other new combat or gameplay mechanics in mind for Esteemed Companion?

The Esteemed Companion grew up amongst gods and spirits, and has a strong affinity with them. A sword will not cut her if the sword's spirit is her ally, and the wind might conceal her from foes if she makes a strong enough case to it.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: The Legend of Hieda II: Her Mother's Sword
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Ah, so Legend III's going to basically be "Befriend EVERYTHING!".  I'm definitely looking forward to it.  Thanks for doing these and putting up with any lapses we've had throughout the Hieda series thus far!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!