Author Topic: Ten Desires Mafia - Game Over  (Read 56030 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Ten Desires Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #930 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Comment, not complaint
And I give a shit, why?

Blatant lies.
Not my fault if you don't want to read what matters, scumskies.

I know that.
So?

Ok, in terms of numbers possibly, but this one could go either way IMO.
nope.avi

That's a low blow, especially given you weren't understandable half the game.  Everything I said was at least understandable.
And filled with craplogic and AtE.
Also, don't know about you, but I find my own posts easy enough to read. It's only got some broken grammar, tell me how that's so difficult to read.

I did things to try to change people's minds, and they didn't.
protip: AtE is scummy, scumskies.

ASSUMING this is true, no one is telling me WHY, so IF that's the case I can't fix it.
Hey, I gave plenty of reasons on why you sucked.

My statement was an offhanded comment/partial joke/Portal 2 reference.  Problem?
Yes. QQ moar.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #931 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »
dormio has a point, theres no real reason in complaining about your own lynch. If anything should look at it as a way not to get lynched d1 in the future
I would, if I even knew why it happenedThis is my underlying point.

All I'm getting is AtEs, but that's not everything I did.  Feels like cherry picking to validate a decision that was proven wrong to me.

Not my fault if you don't want to read what matters, scumskies.
protip: AtE is scummy, scumskies.
What exactly is the point of that?  It's really just a jerk thing to do.  Also you're right, it's not your fault if I don't read what matters, it's a shame you're wrong because I did read everything, which obviously includes what matters.  Also the second statement isn't true.  They're null as emotions are independent of alignment.
craplogic.
nope.avi
Also, don't know about you, but I find my own posts easy enough to read. It's only got some broken grammar, tell me how that's so difficult to read.
You knew what you were trying to convey when you wrote them.  I didn't.  Several were ambiguous or required being read at least a half a dozen times to make any sense out of.
Hey, I gave plenty of reasons on why you sucked.
In readable English please, without resorting to buzzwords.

Also, I'd just like to draw your attention to the following: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=ORLYScum

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #932 on: August 30, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »
All I'm getting is AtEs, but that's not everything I did.  Feels like cherry picking to validate a decision that was proven wrong to me.
AtE and craplogic were my main reasons from what I remember. These are things that I hate quite a lot.
Also, from my personal QT:
Whoever is Youmu (I think it's IHNN), lay off the fucking AtE.
Jesus Christ.
>Congratulations town, you're about to lynch an active scumhunting claimed vanilla over a player who has done pulled a gambit and voted the easy target with ew reasoning to back it up.

Fucking stop it.
Seriously, that crap makes me want to see you die regardless of anything else.
Speaking of which.
Dormio's personal thoughts QT wherein he doesn't really do much is located here.

What exactly is the point of that?  It's really just a jerk thing to do.
Problem, scumskies?
I am a massive jerk.

Also the second statement isn't true.  They're null as emotions are independent of alignment.
No. l2p.
Sure, you can have emotions. Don't give a shit about that. But if you're going to try to rely on them, please die warmly.

You knew what you were trying to convey when you wrote them.  I didn't.  Several were ambiguous or required being read at least a half a dozen times to make any sense out of.
Other people seemed to get the gist of what I was saying just fine. Also, you do realize that I was clarifying whenever people were unclear on my meanings, right? Why not simply ask for expansion?

nope.avi
yeah.avi

Also, I'd just like to draw your attention to the following: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=ORLYScum
And tell me how this is relevant to me, scumskies.
If anything, unless my memory is wrong, this is more like how you were thinking in the game.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #933 on: August 30, 2012, 10:45:34 PM »
Both of you, knock it ye olde fuck off or I'm carding both of you. <3

Mislynches happen, especially on d1.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #934 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
In readable English please, without resorting to buzzwords.
I don't really remember what happened on D1 that well anymore because it happened too long ago and my memory is terrible.
However, let's see here.
First of all, looking opportunistic with your votes. The vote and unvote on me was bad iirc. I don't remember your stance on the Reimu/Yuyuko mess, but whatever.
I don't remember what it was now, but I recall finding your arguments to be disagreeable. I'll have to look this up when I don't have an exam in two hours.
Also, the appeal to emotion. Seriously, it sucks and don't do it.
That's my advice from what little I recall.

And with that, I'm done and should get back to studying.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #935 on: August 30, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
My frustration has gone from having been mislynched D1 to not understanding why.

Which still hasn't been remedied.

>Congratulations town, you're about to lynch an active scumhunting claimed vanilla over a player who has done pulled a gambit and voted the easy target with ew reasoning to back it up.

IIRC that was with about an hour left in the day and I had 0 patience at the time, and apologized for my outburst there.

Problem?
I am a massive jerk.
If anything, unless my memory is wrong, this is more like how you were thinking in the game.
Playing with jerks isn't fun.
Also, my thought process was 'those arguments look scummy'-->'don't see anything going for the player'-->probably scum

The looking opportunistic was me being cut before 75% of my votes, no joke.

Advice gleaned so far: lurk through D1 with good (unclear on this) content when you do post.

Unless anyone else has anything to say I'm pretty much done too.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
:3c

So.....how did I do for my 2nd round of MS-ish mafia?

My cases still suck balls, and I still need some way to unlearn Innate Scumminess III, but I think it's still somewhat better than last game and I made a pretty darn good decoy lynch ;D
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »

Futo-chan! Tojiko-chan! You would stab your leader in the back thusly?  My name is well and truly shamed by the traitorous turn of events! No doubt Hijiri is laughing up this entire ordeal, with my most trusted and beloved constituents working toward the undoing of us all while only her apprentice prankster shares the blame.

There will be no more eyes scream until both your now-mountainous debts have been repaid in full!

---

So uh. Whoops? .-.

My main regret this game comes from realizing that ScumRaccoon would have to be completely batshit insane to pull that kind of counterclaim and writing it off as the likelier of the two "completely batshit insane scum" possibilities due to roleblock confirmation bias and convincing myself ScumNue would have fakeclaimed an innocent result and used that to explain her priority switch to Tojiko-chan instead of claiming a failed result.

But, honestly, no one was going to catch Futo-chan (especially not ahead of Kogasa and Yuyuko in LYLO), and scum did their jobs in making sure that everyone that seriously wanted Tojiko-chan dead was dead themselves before LYLO. Congrats to scum for a well-played game in those regards. MVP vote goes to Futo-chan for not drawing a single serious vote all game.

Jerk MVP goes to K4U for admitting to not reading my posts. RP and proper image selection is hard! ;_;

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #939 on: August 30, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »
I have a fairly substantial set of Miko images from which to choose for this sort of thing. It's still a decent amount of effort to go through each of them until you find a facial expression and pose that fits the tone of the post you're planning on writing better than the rest of them.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #940 on: August 30, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »
Being the N1 kill was sort of a relief because I wasn't confident at all in my ability to find the scums, and I wouldn't have to worry about it after dying. Hurray!

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #941 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »
You were all posting too many words and I was like :effort: >:(
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #942 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
Oh and here's scum QT :V http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/5YVnVLJdvPXA

Lot less vibrant than last game's :3
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #943 on: August 31, 2012, 12:38:28 AM »
Oh and here's scum QT :V http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/5YVnVLJdvPXA

Lot less vibrant than last game's :3

I was most of that :V

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #944 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
gg

The newbies played well; would definitely like to see them in more games.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #945 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »
Uh. Playing with just a few minutes of time per day evidently doesn't work. Surprise! Not only was the play you were reading shit, my reads were also completely fucked.
Yeah, should have replaced out but didn't anyway because I hate doing it. Sorry.

« Reply #946 on: August 31, 2012, 03:07:49 AM »
My main regret this game comes from realizing that ScumRaccoon would have to be completely batshit

idk i think i am pretty insane sometimes

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #947 on: August 31, 2012, 03:15:46 AM »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #948 on: August 31, 2012, 03:46:33 AM »
Everyone should also read all the role pm's, huh what has me giggling at how well he has pegged everyone with them.
The Serela rolecop is however, Edible's fault.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #949 on: August 31, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
Quote from: Yuyuko
Normally you could probably summon a bunch of goasts and lasers and butterflies and shit to simultaneously protect all the town and vig all the scum in one night, but you've been demoted to Stage 1 boss and you're not even trying.
:C

« Reply #950 on: August 31, 2012, 04:34:30 AM »
it suddenly occurs to me that i retroactively stole that flavor from k4u. maybe yuyuko should've gone to Serelaponypony so that he could be vanilla koishi's spiritual successor

« Reply #951 on: August 31, 2012, 04:36:20 AM »
Serelaponyponypony
ahahahahaha thanks edible

Conqueror

« Reply #952 on: August 31, 2012, 04:57:56 AM »
My main regret this game comes from realizing that ScumRaccoon would have to be completely batshit
To be fair we're talking about the guy who nk'd his scumbuddy.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #953 on: August 31, 2012, 04:59:56 AM »
it suddenly occurs to me that i retroactively stole that flavor from k4u. maybe yuyuko should've gone to Serelaponyponyponypony so that he could be vanilla koishi's spiritual successor
I did -almost- pick Yuyuko...! As HW can attest with my waffling before the game even started

Also the scum self-nk was actually a legitimate gambit, even if it really doesn't tend to work out, and originally the plan was to NK rawr iirc

also rofl bt
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #954 on: August 31, 2012, 05:14:50 AM »
Also the scum self-nk was actually a legitimate gambit, even if it really doesn't tend to work out, and originally the plan was to NK rawr iirc
I have no response to this

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #955 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:51 AM »
well I don't have the best memory *Cough*
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

« Reply #956 on: September 01, 2012, 03:53:07 AM »
Oh right. For IHNN, almost any lynch on Day 1 is infinitely better than no lynch because otherwise Day 2 is just an extended Day 1 with a N0 mafia kill and ~*night actions*~ which aren't always useful anyway. Considering that if someone has already been run up far enough to be a major lynch candidate at the end of the day, that means that enough people suspect that person that it's better for town to get the mod-confirmed info from the flip and work from there. Sucks because getting lynched always sucks, but you did roll VT and in that sense you were relatively expendable for the town; last minute wagon shifts might result in stuff like lynching the doctor/tracker-in-open-setup without a claim.

About the setup, the versatility of the jailguard role made it easier to use in a sense (and easier to stop the NK with) but it basically meant that any PR the jailguard would try to save would just be nullified...which in a way makes it weaker than a bodyguard because you're not getting the extra night result. That might have been a setup decision on your part though. I guess it's more similar to a nerfed jailkeeper which is what I guess you were aiming at. I think peeping tom is good as is; full tracker and watcher in one is just too stronk. Hard to think about town/scum balance because the safeguard died so early, but maybe a full roleblocker was slightly too powerful with the town protective role already nullifying the investigative result (perhaps you could have exchanged it for a rolecop)? Not sure since balance isn't really my strong point.

« Reply #957 on: September 01, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »
rolecop + 1-shot follow / 1-shot watch means that scum probably gains information way too fast

if i could replace the roleblocker with anything it would be absorber because i like absorbers vov