Author Topic: Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 2)  (Read 25420 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 2)
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
@BT - What support? It's me, who's already stated my reasons for disliking Affinity, NeoSerela, who had REASONS that she kinda dropped early in the day, and Dormio, who was already voting Affinity.

@Omba - CLAIM. This day became a 1 v. 1 between you and Affinity.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
... so people don't want to lynch any of the players I think are scum. Argh. Guys, what. I don't like any of the current choices, but... fuck, if it came down to Affinity or me, I'd vote Affinity.

Fux. Ok.

Claim: I'm called Jeffrey Sebelia and appeared in the third season of Project Runway. I'm the town macho cop for some reason, although the flavor talks a lot more about fancy clothing than anything.
I investigated rawr tonight and he's town. Part of the reason why I flipped out at I have no name for tarring him.
I breadcrumbed my role on D1 in #176; the first letters of the first sentences spell out "Keisatsu", meaning police.
So yeah.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Affinity

:/

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
and that role makes sense for dormios miller claim....

##unvote
checking on votes before i do something dumb and not read

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
I have more reason that Omba's claim checks out that I'd rather not state.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »
Confirming that the Japanese google translate takes those letters, makes a character I don't recognize, and spits out "Police".

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
##vote:affinity

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
I breadcrumbed my role on D1 in #176; the first letters of the first sentences spell out "Keisatsu", meaning police.
So yeah.
ah

##Unvote

Waffly over this.
The breadcrumb makes sense, but is general enough that I could see scum making it if the ywanted to fakeclaim cop.
Also, Omba's play today makes NO SENSE as a Town Cop. If I was scum, it was loud and likely to get him NKed. He could have just lurked and inspected me overnight.
Furthermore, you don't claim macho status in a closed set-up unless you want to get nightkilled.

Will wait for Affinity.

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »
Omba. Why did you argue with me the way you did and risk drawing attention when you could have scanned me?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
that claim looks A-ok to me.. (except why did you investigate Rawr instead of say BT whom you thought was scum.  Was rawr your 2nd choice as scum?).  Still I'm willing to believe the claim.  Can we at least make this an affinity/LLD thing.  Or an affinity/chaore thing?

##Unvote
##Vote: Chaore 

More vote counts for time remaining purposes.  Pretty sure you wanted a wagon on chaore (or was that affinity)?

I'm pretty sure scum has no roleblocker, so at least we can test the claim for a day.  There is literally no reason why omba won't be Nked if he's town

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
Also, what makes you certain rawr isn't a Godfather?

Though I still want an answer to these questions, the macho claim is actually a boon - if you're town, scum has to NK you tonight, otherwise they risk getting scanned. There's no reason not to leave you alive, from what I can tell. In case I die overnight, though: don't lynch Omba just for not getting NKed, scum would love to mislynch the cop if they thought they could take the risk.

##Vote Affinity (L-1)

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:57 PM »
A Chaore wagon isn't happening at this point btw, what the hell. We need Affinity to claim.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
ah

##Unvote

Waffly over this.
The breadcrumb makes sense, but is general enough that I could see scum making it if the ywanted to fakeclaim cop.
Also, Omba's play today makes NO SENSE as a Town Cop. If I was scum, it was loud and likely to get him NKed. He could have just lurked and inspected me overnight.
Furthermore, you don't claim macho status in a closed set-up unless you want to get nightkilled.

Will wait for Affinity.

The thing that makes no sense is why the heck did he investigate Rawr? (I would like an answer to that.)

That said, I don't think he's lying.

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
The thing that makes no sense is why the heck did he investigate Rawr? (I would like an answer to that.)
:(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »
I think it makes sense, because Rawr is sort of hard to read so far.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
I really don't get you HW.  You think there is no other options besides affinity, yet you called Serela Scum and don't mind pushing the same lynch Serela is pushing.  I feel that you are strangly obsinate (kettle + black etc. but really.)

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
Rawr was town. Town town very clearly town.

Affinity or Conq or someone that isn't obvtown anyway would have been a much better choice.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
I have superbussing instincts so it totally makes sense!

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Omba. Why did you argue with me the way you did and risk drawing attention when you could have scanned me?
One, I didn't know how many nights I'd survive; since scum killed K4u instead of the claimed power role (or any of the players that softclaimed a role that doesn't only target third party), I wasn't so sure if I should rely on the role alone when I could get NKed unexpectedly.
Two, who would expect the cop to do that?
Three... well that was the part where I screwed up, as I said. If you're convinced you have found_the_scum, it's kind of hard not to attack him.

About the godfather. Well, I'm not exactly seeing him play like I'd expect a godfather to.

Dan: I investigated rawr because I had a "no idea" read on him. Players that already seem scummy without investigation have a good chance of getting lynched without using my role for it.

--cut cut cut

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »
That was in response to Dan.

ActionDan

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
just to confirm btw. did your action resolve immediately?

Don't lynch me.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
uh

okay so no Omba lynch then

##Unvote

I'm gone in like, 9 minutes if I stretch this out a bit. I really can't stick around at this point honestly.

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »
Since when is Serela of all people incapable of bussing?

Haven't adjusted my reads since the claim, but the only person I feel strongly about right now is Serela - LLD and Dormio (based on his reaction to being pushed to L-1, the scumplay is to find a better target or make a claim to rolefish, he just sorta rolled with it) lean town, IHNN is an unlikely lynch and I think the way he was pushed into voting Dormio is town regardless of the quality of the vote itself. Everybody aside from those three and Affinity is unlynchable, so the best I can do is to lynch the neutral read.

Omba, why did you claim that you were macho?

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
Also, there's no reason to read Affinity as town because of Serela's case on Affinity when Serela has not made a legitimate push for Affinity the entire day until just recently.

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »
Also, Dan, I want you to claim why you think scum can't roleblock. I have a role which is nearly a carbon copy of what you claimed, have a N1 result, and I know nothing that implies that they can't roleblock.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
just to confirm btw. did your action resolve immediately?
It did not. I was informed of the result at the start of D2.

Omba, why did you claim that you were macho?
Because I was still half-asleep and didn't think more than "uh... roleclaim, k, (reads role pm and paraphrases it)". Also I've never been cop before this game, so it just didn't occur to me that it might a bad idea.

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »
i can vaguely believe they cant role block... but never 100% with it

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2012, 10:50:50 PM »
The only "special" note in my role PM is that if my target dies on the night I target them, I don't gain their ability. This doesn't point toward the lack of a roleblocker. Even if you became a watcher, I don't see how becoming a watcher would tell you that scum can't roleblock.

ActionDan

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
Also, Dan, I want you to claim why you think scum can't roleblock. I have a role which is nearly a carbon copy of what you claimed, have a N1 result, and I know nothing that implies that they can't roleblock.

My role resolved instantly.  or close to it.  When you were scum in Midnight crew, didn't your rolecop go through instantly and shadoweh told you your result?  in that case you speculated town didn't have a rber.  Well in this case prolly no one can rb (which is weird, usually there is at least one)

Also I have that exact same clause.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2012, 10:52:28 PM »
Fair enough.

That makes sense. I don't know when my action resolved because I'm a replacement. Shadoweh didn't say "also, Conq received this result instantly", so yeah.