Author Topic: Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 2)  (Read 25428 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 2)
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
The Thirty-Second Votecount of Sharing! <^_^>

Lady Lambdadelta (1): Action Dan
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Omba (1): Chaore
I have no name (3): Dr. Rawr, Omba, huh what
Dormio (5): capt.h, Affinity, Serela, BT, I have no name
Affinity (1): Dormio
Dr Rawr (1): I have no name

Proxy on: Omba

Not voting: No one!

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name, Affinity

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 3 hours and 35 minutes remaining. Or you could hammer faster!
Day End Countdown

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Re: Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 2)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »
Actually... I'm just now realizing that I somehow missed Nameless' vote switch to rawr. I thought he was just cheerleading the rawr lynch still.

Urgh, this probably calls for reconsideration. I believe that Nameless' play all day has been SCUMMY, but the Bob wagon had a supporter (Serela) and switching to rawr would be clearly detrimental to getting a wagon with more votes than Nameless' afloat.

##Unvote

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
No wait, actually, I think his switch to Dormio undoes that. I've been of the belief that he's been setting up hops to big wagons all day with only waffly justifications, and the Dormio vote was just awful. His rawr vote makes sense if he was going to take a wait-and-see approach to the lynch, and him being scum means that he's already been taking a wait-and-see approach to the day, so yeah.

##Vote IHNN

FUCK I should not be second-guessing myself this close to deadline. I'll put Dormio to L-1 if he and (presumably, based on D1) LLD don't pop up to wagon the newbscum with me. Sigh, this game is draining.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
also in before capth votes me on what i said about my own meta

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
To be fair, I'm the one who prompted him to change votes. (#870)

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
Ugh, true.

To hell with it, I think I'm just trying to overjustify my own case at this point. I hate Nameless' Dormio vote because it looks abrupt and his points seem tacked on, but I do agree the process it took him to get there is quite townie.

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio (L-1)

Claim. It's unlikely somebody else is getting lynched if nobody else does this, no point in wasting time.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Ah, well, the reason I'm not voting No Name has nothing to do with his meta. The reason I have trouble seeing No Name as scummy is that I've never seen scum play quite like No Name. I can't attribute something to noobscum I've never seen from noob scum, or from any scum for that matter. His manic posting style with too much suspicion of near confirmed town, and his tendencies to draw negative attention to himself both break the mold.

That doesn't mean I'm convinced he's town, but Dormio looks like what I would expect scum to be. No Name looks like something and is bad, but the something he looks like isn't, well, scum.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
He all of a sudden forgives Dan faster than how Prospero lays down his staff, for a reason which has been apparent and which people have pointed out so long ago
>Implying I ever noticed this.
No, sereiously, was I supposed to somehow infer that you were talking about Dan's behaviour when you keep asking me how being the counterwagon to a powerrole clears him? Because I had and still have no clue on how being the counterwagon to an anti-cult vig cleared him.

I think the difference between that and the other games where Dormio has done this is that here it doesn't seem like he's actually doing anything to try to convince the other players when they question him on his case and attitude. He just kind of brushes them aside, and I find this suspicious.
Well, for the longest time, I had no clue why the fuck people were clearing Dan. Comes with not bothering to read how D1 ended. Also, I have been trying to get Dan lynched until I decided not to. :/

There's also how his Affinity case looks artificial due to how he slapped on things he could have mentioned earlier but didn't.
Oh noez! I didn't make my case fast enough! I'm sowwy!

ANYWAY, I'm totally cool with lynching Affinity, but I'm not super happy with Dormio after his "I Don't Dislike Anybody except Dan and Affinity" reads. Why? It's basically "Affinity did something scummy! But I don't have any thoughts on anyone else." There was no reason for him to mention me, Serela, Rawr, Omba, Chaore, Huh What, No Name, Bob, BT, OR LLD except MAYBE to fill up space on the page.
Or maybe whenever I do my opinion posts, I like to mention everyone. Seriously, for someone that seems to like invoking meta so much, you sure haven't checked this out.

such gems as accusing me of scum for not holding onto my Serela vote from D1 over the span of 700 posts
Except you're one that always supports telegraphing actions. Like, seriously. And your posts never had anything that mentioned you rethinking your opinion of Serela being scummy, yet you never mentioned him again.

and 'painting myself in a townie light'.
I know that I had a different train of thought running in my head, but I couldn't find a way to express it. Still can't. Whatever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »
That's actually over 400 words. Someone post so I can leave an un-Shadoweh'd version behind.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »
Well, for the longest time, I had no clue why the fuck people were clearing Dan. Comes with not bothering to read how D1 ended.
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THIS?

Post and claim.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
Claim. It's unlikely somebody else is getting lynched if nobody else does this, no point in wasting time.
Post and claim.
And as for other shenanigans: I am a miller. Again. This means that investigations on me give a guilty result. LOVE you, Swadomeh.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 08:52:19 PM »
That's not how you claim.

Post flavor, as well as whether or not there are aspects to your role beyond "miller".

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 08:52:30 PM »
such gems as accusing me of scum for not holding onto my Serela vote from D1 over the span of 700 posts
Except you're one that always supports telegraphing actions. Like, seriously. And your posts never had anything that mentioned you rethinking your opinion of Serela being scummy, yet you never mentioned him again.

and 'painting myself in a townie light'.
I know that I had a different train of thought running in my head, but I couldn't find a way to express it. Still can't. Whatever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
Vincent "Vinnie" Fama from Hell's Kitchen. (Season 3)
I'm apparently a "two-faced lazy fucker" as well as "talking the talk, but not walking the walk".

Just a miller.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THIS?
Because real life.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
Ya I'm here.  Definitely would vote Dormio over IHNN.  It's almost unnerving how harsh HW is. and ... where is chaore! or LLD......  Affinity/Chaore/HW(conq)/Omba re-read is due sometime as well.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
Functional Vanilla Mafia strikes again!

Right, here's the deal.

I think your reaction to being put at L-1 is townie because you're not actually panicking or doing anything I'd expect scum to do to move the heat onto another person. It just looks like you don't care about the game, which, while terrible, would be consistent with the rest of your play coming from town.

However, I don't know who else I'm supposed to lynch. Pretty sure my Nameless vote was just me believing what I wanted to believe, I can't deny that his post last page scream town. Last minute wagons never even tend to work out.

##Unvote

My brain is fried at the moment in terms of this game. I apologize for not playing optimally given the amount of time left in the day, but I need a break before I attempt to think anything through again.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
Vincent "Vinnie" Fama from Hell's Kitchen. (Season 3)
I'm apparently a "two-faced lazy fucker" as well as "talking the talk, but not walking the walk".
Forgot to add that this sounds rather fitting for me right now.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh, hi, Dan.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Functional Vanilla Mafia strikes again!

Right, here's the deal.

I think your reaction to being put at L-1 is townie because you're not actually panicking or doing anything I'd expect scum to do to move the heat onto another person. It just looks like you don't care about the game, which, while terrible, would be consistent with the rest of your play coming from town.

However, I don't know who else I'm supposed to lynch. Pretty sure my Nameless vote was just me believing what I wanted to believe, I can't deny that his post last page scream town. Last minute wagons never even tend to work out.

##Unvote

My brain is fried at the moment in terms of this game. I apologize for not playing optimally given the amount of time left in the day, but I need a break before I attempt to think anything through again.

Try LLD.  I'll give you cookies. 

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:26 PM »
Actually now that I remember his claiming earlier, in addition to his current action, I don't want to lynch Dormio either.

##unvote

Affinity, LLD, Omba? I can go for any of those.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »
Hey, Dormio, what are your abilities?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
@Dan: Fucking busy and trying to process and get something out while also really need to do things.

Apologies for having priorities other than mafia.

I'd like to chip in and say I'd prefer not to see a Dormio lynch and let me try and gather thoughts into a post and I kind of need to be out of here so let me NOT try and rush myself jesus christ why is everything moving so fast right now

STOP POSTING AND CUTTING FOR FUCK'S

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »
Oh noez! I didn't make my case fast enough! I'm sowwy!
Are you implying that you were planning to make a case since D1? Since you were mentioning things that happened before your initial Dan re-case (which was before your initial Affinity ##FoS) which you had no reason not to mention beforehand.
Or maybe whenever I do my opinion posts, I like to mention everyone. Seriously, for someone that seems to like invoking meta so much, you sure haven't checked this out.
Maybe if you had an opinion on half the people you mentioned?

I... completely forgot about the claim. And how he claimed it really early into the game. And HW is kind of right. Ugh.

##Unvote

Thinking this through.

Do we actually have support for a LLD wagon?

Dan, who would be your second and third choices after LLD?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
Hey, Dormio, what are your abilities?
Miller. Just miller.

I have basic rights which allow me to post and vote in this thread, and I am an unscrupulous cook which makes investigations on me return guilty results.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
While I can definitely see where people on the IHNN wagon are coming from, I definitely don't agree with it either :/

HW is acting... not how I would expect HW to act. Maybe I'm only thinking this because I was scum with him fairly recently? I don't know. It's... weird.

I wouldn't really retract my town read on him right now though. But it's unsettling.

BT:If you're in support of it, I think we could get it up to 4 votes pretty much instantaneously. I don't know as much about where it would go from there, LLD's SUPER NONEXISTENCE大哈萨sort噢发热莫vedher发rompeople's民等四安定调和热哈萨那天比热恩亩产commenting噢年何人。

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
Japanese?

4 votes is where it got to last time.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
I'll just be perfectly honest, I haven't been able to properly "read" anybody at all since around the time Omba switched to Nameless. Everybody except for capth and Affinity gives the impression they're either not putting effort into the game or that they don't bother paying consideration to cases other than their own. Some players aren't even posting. I wouldn't have replaced into this game if I knew half the playerbase wasn't going to post. I'd actually like to just replace out again, but that'd be overly selfish, so I'm going to hold out for the game picking up again D3 after Easter is over.

The only person I am actually absolutely sold on as scum is Serela, but nobody will vote him with me because the playerbase seems to have gotten the impression that giving out town clears like candy is a good idea and can in no way be abused by scum familiar with their own meta (which Serela is). Fuck.

You know what? Last minute Omba wagon, let's go. Only thing I believe in to some extent that I can see gathering support at this point. Last minute wagons are terrible, but we're not getting any wagons that aren't last minute anyway.

##Vote Omba

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »

##Unvote

I can't believe I forgot that.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
Are you implying that you were planning to make a case since D1? Since you were mentioning things that happened before your initial Dan re-case (which was before your initial Affinity ##FoS) which you had no reason not to mention beforehand.
No?
Can I cite not noticing these things as a reason for not mentioning them beforehand? I mean, that's totally a thing that could happen, right?

Maybe if you had an opinion on half the people you mentioned?
>Implying I have an opinion on everyone any other time I do an opinion post.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »
。。。maybe I should look at my posts before I hit the "post" button more.

LLD's SUPER NONEXISTENCE has sort of removed her from being a topic of conversation for the most part, so I don't really know how people feel about her right now.

But!

##Vote LLD

Affinity or LLD lynch would be my preferred right now.

Cut by HW! I can understand HW's weirdness just coming from... "THIS GAME THIS GAME THIS GAME THIS GAME", because it is :/ (I know I'm not helping the issue either, but) I'd be okay with switching to an Omba lynch if needed, but I'd place higher priority on Affinity or LLD.