Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 84433 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 2 got beat by the Nerd Herd)
« Reply #870 on: April 09, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
IHNN, Rawr is probably... not going to get lynched today. Who will it be?

Same goes for Rawr on IHNN.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #871 on: April 09, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
The One and Thirtieth of March Votecount

Action Dan (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Action Dan
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (0):
huh what (0):
Omba (1): Chaore
I have no name (2): Dr. Rawr, Omba
Dormio (3): capt.h, Affinity, Serela
Serela (1): Huh what
Affinity (1): Dormio
Dr Rawr (1): I have no name

Proxy on: Omba

Not voting: BT

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name, Affinity

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 7 hours remaining. Or you could hammer faster!
Day End Countdown
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:56:14 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #872 on: April 09, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
says who? one vote?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #873 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
I don't see anyone but you and Omba.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #874 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »
Not voting: BT, I have no name
##Unvote (because unlike the votecount I actually was voting rawr for it)

Put your votes where they're actually visible you derptard

IHNN, Rawr is probably... not going to get lynched today. Who will it be?
Ummm...probably Dormio but I need to think about this some more.

says who? one vote?
I don't get it.

*in this game

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #875 on: April 09, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »
Put your votes where they're actually visible you derptard
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12366.msg814941.html#msg814941
I did.  In that post.

It wasn't on its own with clear line breaks before and after it. If other people can do it, so can you.

Can we please quickwagon Pesco?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #876 on: April 09, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
##Vote Dormio

Fluck it. I'm rereading and I can't find anything else.

You know what? The lurkers are scum and some of the obvtown are third parties. If D3 is as bad as today we may as well start lynching lurkers. Then we'll have K4U come back from the dead and make everyone vanilla. Sweet, sweet, calming vanilla.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #877 on: April 09, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
It wasn't on its own with clear line breaks before and after it. If other people can do it, so can you.
I was rushed for time because I had to run to class. >.>

I'm honestly not seeing what's so bad about Dormio.  Can someone please explain what's scummy about him?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #878 on: April 09, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
There's also how his Affinity case looks artificial due to how he slapped on things he could have mentioned earlier but didn't. Honestly wouldn't mind his lynch at this point.
I think the difference between that and the other games where Dormio has done this [tunnelling] is that here it doesn't seem like he's actually doing anything to try to convince the other players when they question him on his case and attitude. He just kind of brushes them aside, and I find this suspicious.
ANYWAY, I'm totally cool with lynching Affinity, but I'm not super happy with Dormio after his "I Don't Dislike Anybody except Dan and Affinity" reads. Why? It's basically "Affinity did something scummy! But I don't have any thoughts on anyone else." There was no reason for him to mention me, Serela, Rawr, Omba, Chaore, Huh What, No Name, Bob, BT, OR LLD except MAYBE to fill up space on the page.
Dormio has only given three notable opinions, that on Dan, BT, and Affinity.  He all of a sudden forgives Dan faster than how Prospero lays down his staff, for a reason which has been apparent and which people have pointed out so long ago, and makes a case on me, which, while not terrible, is ridiculous, with such gems as accusing me of scum for not holding onto my Serela vote from D1 over the span of 700 posts and 'painting myself in a townie light'.  Also doesn't comment on current cases despite having the time to, which is such a good scum position to take.
For starters.

Serela, about your supposed Dormio case? I can't actually seeanything besides "he looks horrible and I won't explain why". ~_~

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #879 on: April 09, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
Well, a couple things.

One, he's kind of not here. He usually gives a post every single morning between when I go to bed and when I wake up, and he missed his typical window now that he's under pressure. I REALLY don't like this for meta reasons. But lets just say he's dodging pressure by lurking, which is a survival instinct.

Second, although he might not be anyone's top lynch (except for me, I think he's scum), EVERYONE thinks he's scummy. There's a general consensus that he's scum.

Third, his opinion post is stuffed with fluff for the sake of fluff. He doesn't have anything resembling an opinion on more than 9 of the players he mentioned.

Forth, he tunneled on Dan today HARD, which I don't like since I think he's scum, and as scum having a lot of trouble understanding how Dan is town. Because lets face it, Dan wasn't great, but he was town. Thus, attacking Dan for being bad rather than seeing that Dan was town.

His Affinity attempt was OK, but he doesn't really have thoughts on anyone else, and as Affinity pointed out, it is NOT a recent case at all. And his reasons for dropping Dan are both very half-hearted and old, dating back to Dan's vote in regards to Dorian which all came from yesterday.

Missing his almost habitual morning posts less than 24 hours to lynch when input would really be apreciated, a general unease with his play across everyone, the fact that all his cases are based on old information, and that he doesn't have opinions beyond "not disliking" anyone he hasn't made a case on, he's just an all around scummy guy, but he isn't polarizing enough to evoke many strong emotions.

TL,DR Dormio is scum so LETS LYNCH HIM!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #880 on: April 09, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
*The couple things were about Dormio being scummy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #881 on: April 09, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »
So, mostly being super-tunnely, stuff I missed and meta?

TL,DR Dormio is scum so LETS LYNCH HIM!
yeah I can see that now.

##Vote: Dormio

It seems like he's trying to get as close to the word limit as possible just to antagonize the mod with firetrucks.
Also I may not be here close to the deadline, it's my sister birthday and we may or may not be going out to dinner around 8.

« Reply #882 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote IHNN
The dude hasn't been pushing his cases at ALL today. Like, he hasn't even been mentioning Bob or rawr since his initial attacks on them, he's just kind of sat on everything while offering waffly support to upcoming wagons without any scumhunting. That Dormio vote just seals the deal that he's only been setting up jumps to rising wagons all day. Pretty blatant newbscum imo. I also feel that Nameless' opportunistic play is more likely to flip scum than Dormio's idiocy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #883 on: April 09, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
HW, you've played with him before, haven't you? How does tarring Rawr and this sudden flexibility with Dormio match (or not match) his town play that game? So far my impression was that "newbscum IHNN would have been much more careful", but maybe he's doing all this blatantly because he's even more newbscum than I thought? @_@

I honestly can't say for sure because it can go either way. Point being, IHNN is currently much more of a 'maybe' than Dormio.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #884 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
Like, he hasn't even been mentioning Bob or rawr since his initial attacks on them
They haven't posted since my initial attacks, so there's nothing to add.
Additionally I realized Bob and rawr aren't going to be lynched today, and so I turned my attention to someone who could.
At this point a random lynch has either a 3/13 or 4/13 chance of flipping scum.  However, any player that is not me has a 3/12 or 4/12 chance, which is better odds than 0/1 if I'm lynched.  Therefore, I'm more likely to get rid of scum by avoiding a random lynch&avoiding my own lynch.

Disappearing.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #885 on: April 09, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
Most likely won't be back by deadline either due to today being my sisters birthday.

« Reply #886 on: April 09, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »
BT: I generally don't believe in using first games to town meta newbies if they show substantial improvement between the two games, which Nameless has. Actually, I believe the overuse of meta in this particular game is in fact retarded. I blame capt. h, who I've been gutting as scum all damn game but don't have anything solid on. That said, I don't recall any behavior in his first game that would make me think he wouldn't play scum like this.

Nameless: Bob's been posting a bit and you've ignored his posts. No questioning him / pressing him for further remarks or anything. Rawr wasn't posting that much, but you could have tried to convince other people about voting him when they were reading him as town. You just kind of let it all go, which is scummy apathy.