Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 84457 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 2 got beat by the Nerd Herd)
« Reply #840 on: April 09, 2012, 03:03:36 AM »
Alright, I may have misunderstood, because when you said "withdraw", I thought you meant how quickly he returned to voting for Dan. Point is, he unvoted Dan before Dan even finished explaining the details of the claim. Serela's instant reflex to the claim means he's town.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #841 on: April 09, 2012, 04:22:10 AM »
And no, I do NOT consider Serela a viable lynch.

QFT.  Serela's D1 was very townie and he's not about to change alignments in between (no bastard mod... maybe).   His day 2 seems bad because he doesn't have much direction and it shows,  but that's not a scummy trait when lots of people are not available etc.

Omba doesn't read as scum.  Really he doesn't. 

Is there magical reasons to consider LLD town btw?  Because I'd like to hear them.

LLD went after BT due to what she felt was BT fabricating a case on her.  Said case was majorly influenced by LLD's own reasons for labeling me as obvscum after voting Dormio and suspecting herself.  LLD claims that she voted me for 'manufacturing' cases/reads on both herself and Dormio, and that BT misrepped this point of contention.  Let's look back:
I do believe I explained why they were manufactured.

The copying and buddying of your poor case, followed by the out of nowhere unsubstantiated and misguided "cases" on me and Dorian are enough for me to be certain he manufactured them as a method of survival rather than out of actual scumhunting.
This quote refers to (LLD must have meant Dormio in place of Dorian there)  ----->
Dan is pretty much conf. scum for deciding that I was a scum read mere minutes after BT votes me. He couldn't express this read earlier because....? There's no good answer to that question. Dan in pretty scum.

Also, that Dormio vote is really off base considering he has BARELY TALKED ABOUT DORMIO EITHER. I honestly don't know where Dan is getting his reads from, except that I do.

Dan is scum.
Not too clear, but just the logic of production, and in any case, it is a different idea of what his doctor of law. Legal content and claim that their content, and (this is totally unfounded and misleading services not aiza sorrow and I) analysis of cases on the basis of circumstantial evidence. It is bad enough in itself, but I think that is a doctor of laws, BT launched BT continues to seriously try to detect this information (for example on the face or know where BT # 466 scum in or in reading and play doctor IHNN 1v1 laws to combat

(I dreamt last night HW is still a Rascal. Already. A bit strange. )

I forgot this one. My problem is enabled. Apparently this roleblocker residues. Deep thoughts.

Wordcount: 460. Heil Hitler!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:41:08 AM by Shadoweh »

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #842 on: April 09, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »
A la hell, if I want to go back. Nazi BHO
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:50:12 AM by Shadoweh »

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #843 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:08 AM »
Have some words.

ActionDan

« Reply #844 on: April 09, 2012, 05:03:58 AM »
Append this to the end of the last quote.

---

Besides it not being obvious at all she's claiming that I am manufacturing reads explicitly, there is no reasoning as to why LLD thinks the cases were off other than their timing.  LLD is using circumstantial evidence in place of analyzing content, while later trying to claim that the cases were manufactured based on their content as well (e.g 'out of nowhere unsubstantiated and misguided "cases" on me and Dorian').  This in itself is bad enough, but I find it disingenuous that LLD throws it back in BT's face as BT keeps trying draw attention to it (e.g BT's #466

I'm not sure where LLD's scum reads of me or IHNN went either while she plays 1v1 vs BT.

(Also I dreamt HW was scum last night.  It was.  kinda weird.)

Also I just remembered.  The way my action resolved.  It's VERY likely Scum doesn't have a roleblocker.  food for thought.

My words were so much better.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:22:37 AM by Shadoweh »

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #845 on: April 09, 2012, 06:02:29 AM »
Late Night Thirtieth Stress Votecount

Action Dan (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Action Dan
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (2): I have no name, Serela
huh what (0):
Omba (2): Affinity,  Chaore
I have no name (2): Dr. Rawr, Omba
Dormio (1): capt.h
Serela (1): Huh what
Affinity (1): Dormio

Proxy on: Omba

Not voting: BT

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name, Affinity

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 17 hours remaining. Or you could hammer faster!
Day End Countdown

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #846 on: April 09, 2012, 06:10:22 AM »
I don't agree that Serela's D1 was so townie it meant that he couldn't possibly be scum. It was worthy of an early town read. That's it. Serela's reaction to your clam isn't even something that would be hard for scum to simulate for town cred. He didn't devote himself to a fakeclaim like rawr did. Posting kneejerk reactions does not instantly make you unlynchable, neither does being noisy. I have no idea where people are getting these weird universal towntells from, nothing Serela has done would be difficult for scum to pull off, unlike rawr/Dan. Again, it was worth an early town read, but it doesn't justify his D2.

« Reply #847 on: April 09, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »
Also, I could even argue that him kneejerk unvoting, then revoting later is SCUMMY because it originates from him trying to force a towntell without thinking about the implications. That's usually how the scenario plays out when I post a kneejerk reaction as scum; I later realize "wow, that was stupid" and have to take it back. I think this is bullshit and wouldn't really push it as a point, though, but it's the same kind of bullshit as kneejerk reactions making you an unlynchable townie so yeah.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #848 on: April 09, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »
@rawr: Opinions on the current wagons apart from me and IHNM (is he still a thing to you?), obviously.

@capt.h, Dormio: At the time where Dorian/Dan were at 4-7, only BT, Bob, Dan, and Chaore were unaccounted for, two of which did not want to lynch either Dan/Dorian.  I seriously doubt that scum could have lost control over the wagons in such a manner as to leave Dorian at four votes (one of them flipped town) if Dan is scum.  Also, an anti-cult vig would be valuable to scum to leave alive so as to have them a higher chance of rooting out cult in addition to their NK and whatever secondary roles they have.  I'm inclined to believe that they would have rather went for Dan than Dorian.

Regarding Serela, I agree with capt.h on the town value of Serela's unvote late in D1.  He is indeed terrible today (and yesterday) for all the usual Serela reasons, but in the field of around 8 terrible people I'm not willing to lynch him for the above alone.  I'm also inclined to think his constant Affinity waffling as a complete nulltell since it doesn't give any discernible benefit to him and he could have easily discarded it a long time ago, so his sins seem to be restricted to voting Bob and being detached from the day in general, which is what a lot of people seem to be doing now.  I think lynching Serela is a waste today, given other options.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #849 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
I so don't have time to do this.

-sigh-

Dan, my scum read of you went all of nowhere. But it's pointless to place my vote on you when no one will lynch you for the moment.

I'm just going to bide my time until people stop derping about claims, and start listening.

That problem doesn't exist with BT, who does a lot of the same things you do.

Beyond that, I don't have much else to say, mostly because of time constraints.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #850 on: April 09, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »

Friendly Time Reminder

Votes have not changed.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 12 hours remaining. Or you could hammer faster!
Day End Countdown

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #851 on: April 09, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
We aren't lynching BT, we aren't lynching Serela, and we aren't NO LYNCHING.

Huh What, LLD, BT, PLEASE move your votes.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #852 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
I had a post typed up but then I lost it so I'm jujst going to hit the basic points of it because that's all I remember.

Bob is no longer scummiest IMO, the lack content annoys me but bad content is worse than no content.
##Unvote
Serela is null/bad except a few posts, probably derptown.
Affinity put words in my mouth which I really don't like, but I'm willing to chalk it up to an honest mistake.  Shaky town.
LLD's lack of D2 content other than "1v1 with BT" is irksome for some reason.
rawr has had very little content and very little of it has been passable.  D1 was all box-talk/GIVE ME THE BOX, with the exception of voting Affinity asking for the box first post and then switching to me for BS reasons url=http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12366.msg811247.html#msg811247]here[/url].  After I tried to clear the misunderstanding I don't believe rawr ever unvoted except to ensure a lynch.  D2 started with, IMO, an OMGUS vote for a prod.
I'm short on time and words so ##Vote: Dr. Rawr

@mod: editing the posts makes them infinitely harder to understand, perhaps linking to an unedited version would be better for gameplay reasons?

Perhaps you should ask your fellow players to follow the rules if they're making it hard to understand them.

HEY GUYS STOP SWEARING AND FOLLOW THE WORDCOUNT
I'M SHEEPING THE MOD WOO

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #853 on: April 09, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
WE AREN'T LYNCHING RAWR EITHER.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #854 on: April 09, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »
I'd like him to explain his priorities between BT and Nameless while he's here - the Nameless vote is rather surprising since a lot of his earlier focus has been on BT.
I would prefer an I have no name lynch over a BT one; I want to see both dead, but my scum read of I have no name is stronger.
BT's day 1 was worse than his D2, and the reverse is true for I have no name. Which shows in the amount of words I used on each (haven't actually said anything about BT on D2 I think, except that he's still scum).
Btw,
Which leaves Omba, Serela, Affinity. And LLD but I don't see potential for a LLD wagon anywhere now do I? Seriously half the town isn't interested and I can't explain it without "they're lazy". Can't really blame them but honestly. -_-

Next post I make will have opinions on those last three.
This is a thing that hasn't happened so far.

Blargh there's a lot of stuff unadressed but I need sleep. So my stances on the people that currently have any votes:
I have no name: Preferred lynch, very clearly scummy
BT: Second pick, also scummy, somewhat less so than I have no name
LLD: Do not lynch. Ever.
Bob: ... Still a lurker, would lynch over all "do not lynch" things, but he's been reading less scummy today.
Dormio: Do not lynch. Reads like townDormio.
Serela: There's that thing which damaged the town read I had on him, but overall don't want to see him lynched; would lynch Bob over him.
Affinity: Do not lynch.

I'll most likely be back like 2-3 hours before deadline.

--double cut
Rawr: Do not lynch. Ever.

ActionDan

« Reply #855 on: April 09, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
I'll be back before deadline but I don't have any scum reads that come close to LLD. 

I'm still wondering why people believe her to be town.

I could support a Bob lynch.  and.. mayyyyybe a chaore lynch.  but why bother when LLD is just hangin out.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #856 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
Might as well mention for no explicable reason that if Huhwhat + Affinity survive a few more days I suggest policy lynches.  ~Never Forget~. 

^I bet that will make HuhWhat go <_<.  You could always try harder to lynch LLD, that would make me happy.

Don't lynch me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #857 on: April 09, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
D1 was all box-talk/GIVE ME THE BOX, with the exception of voting Affinity asking for the box first post and then switching to me for BS reasons here
EBWOP
WE AREN'T LYNCHING RAWR EITHER.
If we listen to everyone who says "we aren't lynching X" then we aren't lynching anyone which isn't an option.
I have no name:  very clearly scummy
What, no reason?  no case?  no way to defend myself other then calling you out on saying "player is clearly scummy" as though it's *gasp* obvious.  because really, if you had a case there I'd acknowledge it but simply stating that I'm scum seems like you're just trying to get someone lynched, and I'm the someone.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #858 on: April 09, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
12 hours left is...  rather scary.

Will put it out here that I'm not willing to lynch Mr. Bob or rawr today.  I feel that Bob's D2 has been marginally better than his D1 with a stance on Omba, etc. , and he seems to actually have a reason not to vote regularly.  Besides, lynching him would be a waste since he's an outlier.  I still believe in rawr's unvote from D1 despite his horrible play; he may be 3rd party at worst, but I don't think he's scum.

For Nameless, I feel that he's pretty town; his main fault is being very limited with his scumreads (Bob, rawr) until things such as the Omba debacle happened.  But even so, I feel that he has kept up constant activity and that he has commented on the cases to the best of his ability, which I'm happy with.  In this absolute shitstain of a game, I can't see why he should be lynched above so many other terrible people.

Everyone else (including rawr) who isn't huhwhat or capt.h (who I'm seeing as generally helpful now after his last few posts) can go die in a fire however.

ActionDan

« Reply #859 on: April 09, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
12 hours left is...  rather scary.

Will put it out here that I'm not willing to lynch Mr. Bob or rawr today.  I feel that Bob's D2 has been marginally better than his D1 with a stance on Omba, etc. , and he seems to actually have a reason not to vote regularly.  Besides, lynching him would be a waste since he's an outlier.  I still believe in rawr's unvote from D1 despite his horrible play; he may be 3rd party at worst, but I don't think he's scum.

For Nameless, I feel that he's pretty town; his main fault is being very limited with his scumreads (Bob, rawr) until things such as the Omba debacle happened.  But even so, I feel that he has kept up constant activity and that he has commented on the cases to the best of his ability, which I'm happy with.  In this absolute shitstain of a game, I can't see why he should be lynched above so many other terrible people.

Everyone else (including rawr) who isn't huhwhat or capt.h (who I'm seeing as generally helpful now after his last few posts) can go die in a fire however.

It's ok flash wagons are fun!  I learned that from MS.   I have to go to class, but I am listening to you

Don't lynch me.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #860 on: April 09, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
I'm here and I'm reading taking a shower, then reading. Game is still unreadable but I'm doing the best I can.

Thankfully deadline moved a few hours forward? I don't know why this happened but I'm not complaining.

Also, IHNN's recent Rawr vote. Does not compute with scum at all. And by that I mean it would be effortless to stay on Bob and he's starting a wagon on... Rawr of all people. Looks like town OMGUS, if that's even a thing. Do not lynch the guy.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #861 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
You know that when people have to be judged by their meta and how they conduct themselves rather than what they are actually saying, things are gravely wrong.

##Unvote

After some deep breaths, I think it's right to forgive Omba for the huhwhat debacle and treat it as null.  There's no particular reason for scum to stretch their cases to the point of breaking and attract attention when no one was looking at him (only to earn the attention of so many people).  The thing that makes it tough is that I still think his D1 is fatal for reasons already stated and that his Nameless case (that he had no other reads other than on rawr and Bob), while valid, is as easy as the things he is accusing him of.

Chaore is still terrible D2 and is absolutely mysterious in that no one is talking about him.  He gave lots of token reads in his first few posts of the day but nothing else; then he saw the Omba-huhwhat debacle and went headlong into it without developing those token reads like he promised.  It's a very very ugly jump.  Counteracting this is what I feel to be a good D1 against BT which I agreed with, but urgh.

Dormio has only given three notable opinions, that on Dan, BT, and Affinity.  He all of a sudden forgives Dan faster than how Prospero lays down his staff, for a reason which has been apparent and which people have pointed out so long ago, and makes a case on me, which, while not terrible, is ridiculous, with such gems as accusing me of scum for not holding onto my Serela vote from D1 over the span of 700 posts and 'painting myself in a townie light'.  Also doesn't comment on current cases despite having the time to, which is such a good scum position to take. 

I'll wait for BT to finish his reread before making a decision, but for now, consider mine Dormio > Chaore > Omba.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #862 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »
Uh, no, don't wait for my reads, or anyone else's for that matter. I don't want us to get stuck a few hours before deadline.

Which is why I'm going to post my current opinions, even though I'm probably not finished reading.

Affinity is being annoyed town in his posts and I think it's genuine, especially since none of this happened last time most of the town was inactive for an entire day and he was scum (Path of Radiance D3). I also like his more recent posts. Would not lynch.

Speaking of inactive town, I'm under the impression most if not all (probably all) of the scumteam is lurking. This, along with the amount of noise Omba got himself in today, makes it hard for me to see him as scum. Even then, though, the whole thing with his completely forgetting his case on me until questioned about it, and other stuff that were mentioned beforehand, make me waffle. Wouldn't hurry to lynch but wouldn't be terribly against it (see: last day's wagons for 'terribly against')

Like half the game mentioned at this point, Serela's late D1 makes me think he's town, and I know this isn't conclusive at all but I honestly cannot reach any deeper conclusions because HE'S NOT POSTING ANYTHING.

The town read I had on Dormio was as strong as it was because, from what I could tell, his play pretty much mirrored his play in Path of Radiance regarding how he persuaded his case then. Thing is, once I started rereading I realized I'm basically clearing him way too easily, and what HW said about not pursuing his Dan case enough is completely true. There's also how his Affinity case looks artificial due to how he slapped on things he could have mentioned earlier but didn't. Honestly wouldn't mind his lynch at this point.

I'm basically trying to revisit town reads because, like with Dormio, I think I'm clearing people for no reason. This is hard. !_!

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #863 on: April 09, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
Whatever, I'm going to bed.  Will be back (awake) an hour before the deadline.

##Vote: Dormio

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #864 on: April 09, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
"Hooray Easter is over, time to post in mafia" "Oh man it's midnight already :c" "OH %&#* I NEVER DID THE ASSIGNMENT FOR THE ONLY CLASS I HAVE TO PASS TO GRADUATE THIS SEMESTER, time to stay up all night instead and do that"

and then I stayed up all night, didn't get the assignment done, and didn't wake up until class was already done and gone. I'm totally going to fail English IV. Oh well!

HW:It's less "Hydra with Dorian", as he didn't really exert much influence over my play (Although the company is <3), and more "It was anonymafia"

Dormio/LLD both need to die p.much and are deffo my top two scumpicks. Affinity comes up third but his d2 is considerably better then his d1 and I could realistically see him as town, even though... man, I still hate his d1. If not Affinity, then Bob.

And then Omba would be the last possible. Everyone else I don't really see as scum, although some of my town reads are weaker then others (IHNN, BT. And no this does NOT mean I want to lynch either of the two at all, no >:C)

Oh right ##unvote

LLD just about does not exist. She skirted by on just enough D1 to keep me from thinking she was active lurking, but her D2 is SUPERLURK. (Pot calling the kettle black, shut up don't care, even I've posted way more d2 then she has anyway) This is combined with a general "eh" towards her d1, partially as everyone she's chased this game is pretty much flipped and/or regarded as town by 90+% of the players at this point. (Bob is also SUPERLURK NONEXISTENT except he's pretty much done this the whole game.)

I was going to make a case about Dormio here but my concentration is already shot :c

I give up on convincing anyone about Affinity and -then- a bunch of you start thinking he's weird? At this rate I'm going to get better results convincing people by giving up then trying to convince them >_>; Although... his D2 is a lot better then his D1 :/ Affinity is the one out of my five scum possibilities that I'm least certain of anymore.

And then Omba is, well, yeah.

Anyway
##Vote Dormio

I sort of feel bad that the one I'm voting is the one I didn't actually make any sort of a case on right here >_>;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #865 on: April 09, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »
need words for ewbopping
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #867 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:02 PM »
Make a case, then?

Welp I reread Rawr and he's still town. Gonna look into Capth and IHNN now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #868 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
I think I had a case on Dormio or at least something vaguely resembling one in a previous post. Maybe I should go find it. Anyway

She skirted by on just enough D1 to keep me from thinking she was active lurking
Not really sure why I said this about LLD, did she really lurk all that much d1? Maybe a little bit at a point or two, but. This line is a bit of an overreaction.

Anyway out of my order of priority,

LLD=Dormio >>> Bob ~ Affinity?? > Omba

This is a weird priority list when I look at it :C

Not really sure where I'm trying to place Affinity, since I'm uncertain. It's not like Omba, where I'm Certainly Uncertain. I mean, I know I think Omba could be town! But with Affi-dear god how the hell do you even word something like this

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #869 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:39 PM »
Also Rawr would def. go in my "weak town read" group