Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 84875 times)

Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 2 got beat by the Nerd Herd)
« Reply #750 on: April 07, 2012, 02:07:18 AM »
@Omba: Would you restructure the thought process if Bob asked?

@HW: BT of either alignment backed down, thereby losing face, and being harder to trust.  Compounded that I'm having a hard time believing that scum!LLD plays commando.  Therefore LLD > BT.

Cut. @Serela: Been reading HW vs Omba and thinking about things to say, but then thinking "isn't this theory crafting rather than scumhunting?" and deciding to ditch it.

Also, Affinity's cases on Serela and Omba almost look like voting on technicalities.  Needs a deeper look at the Omba case, but for now, Bob needs a break.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #751 on: April 07, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
... theory crafting?  ...technicalities? 

@capt.h:  If you are excusing Chaore for the slapfight with BT, why aren't you excusing Dormio for his slapfight with Dan?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »
Different players do different things as scum. I've seen Dormio scum tunnel into a single townie all day every day until he was lynched, and my experience with Chaore scum is LURK AND BE IGNORED. What I wouldn't expect from one scum is very different from what I wouldn't expect from another scum.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #753 on: April 07, 2012, 04:25:11 AM »
@mod: extra day would be cool

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A PM IS DO YOU >:<

This day.  It should be simpler, not all over the place.

LLD is could be ballsy enough to declare 1v1 vs BT in a precise effort to gain town sympathy for going after a guy who is unlikely to be lynched (well apparently people are actually considering him as a lynch target.  Yuck.) .  People buying into the Wifom have me on edge.

I need some time to think about Omba again.  Also I did not like Chaore's post.  thumbs down for Bob also.  I gotta re-evaluate HW.

Never ever ever lynch Serela, Rawr, Capt.h or BT. Never Never Never.

I'll get serious tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:58:44 AM by Shadoweh »

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2012, 05:19:11 AM »
Interestingly, I don't recall actually pressing the points you brought up regarding Omba's seperate reactions to each claim, as I've been focusing more on the apparent gap in his thought process ("Dan is town" -> "Dan is town, Dorian is town too I guess" -> * votes Dan with no further comment *). I don't disagree with them, but I never actually pushed them myself and it's weird that you'd state this while complaining about how people are reading other players selectively.
Nitpicking on the only other current supporter of his main case. Which shows he doesn't actually want to see me lynched. D'oh.

Also  :colonveeplusalpha: people not making it clear what they think about this.
Is Conq/huh what scum or not?
Am I scum or not?

Will get back to stuff huh what said and other stuff in a bit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:31:58 AM by Shadoweh »

« Reply #755 on: April 07, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »
Why am I expected to allow people to get away with doing what strikes me as off as long as they're voting the same person as me? That's SILLY.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:31:25 AM by Shadoweh »

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #756 on: April 07, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »
Why am I expected to allow people to get away with doing what strikes me as off as long as they're voting the same person as me? That's stupid.
There's a difference between attacking someone for clearly scummy actions and nitpicking and you know that.
If that's an actual suspicion then state your read of Affinity. Now.

« Reply #757 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »
No, I don't have a scum read on Affinity. I have a neutral read on him, and he did something I thought was off. As such, I pressed him on it to see what his explanation would be, since that could help me read said weird-looking action more confidently. That's not nitpicking, it's PLAYING THE GAME.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #758 on: April 07, 2012, 06:05:19 AM »
No, I don't have a scum read on Affinity. I have a neutral read on him, and he did something I thought was off. As such, I pressed him on it to see what his explanation would be, since that could help me read said weird-looking action more confidently. That's not nitpicking, it's PLAYING THE GAME.
Admits to it and waffles on his read. The only thing that action could lead to is NOTHING FLARPING HAPPENING. Either Affinity would respond in a way that looks vaguely scummy and you could have listed him as another suspect for it, or he wouldn't and you'd still have managed to cast doubt on the wagon on me. In either case, you'd have reduced the number of supporters of your preferred lynch.
Wait, Affinity was the one who actually started the wagon on me. Uh yes, that makes sense. It doesn't matter what would become of the wagon, you'd profit from it either way.
Nice work, scum. Covering all your bases is a good idea, but doing it so plainly visible has a tendency to get you lynched. Which we should do.
Lynch this CELIBATE scum.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:33:08 AM by Shadoweh »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #759 on: April 07, 2012, 08:39:13 AM »
The Twenty-Fifth Votecount Looks Alot Like The Last One

Action Dan (1): Dormio
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Action Dan, BT
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (2): I have no name, Serela
huh what (1): Omba
Omba (2): Affinity, huh what
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
Dormio (1): capt.h

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Chaore

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 39 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Mod Note: Still waiting for most players to private message me about Sunday. So far only three have issues and will be given V/LA.  If there's a large percentage of the game that will be absent I will grant a 24 hour extension.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #760 on: April 07, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
ok so I just woke up at 6 in the morning and I'm tired and what is this
I'm going to try to get reads on Chaore/huh what because they posted some.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #761 on: April 07, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
I'd say huh what is town after reading the stuff since my last post.

Chaore is still unreadable due to the mod editing the posts.

@mod: editing the posts makes them infinitely harder to understand, perhaps linking to an unedited version would be better for gameplay reasons?

Perhaps you should ask your fellow players to follow the rules if they're making it hard to understand them.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #762 on: April 07, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Er.... I'll get to all the questions here in a while later today.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #763 on: April 07, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A PM IS DO YOU >:<
I don't really have any issues with Sunday but I'd like the V/LA anyway just because.

LLD declaring a 1v1 with BT is a thing. No clue what to make of this and I think that it warrants a reread of LLD when I'm not tired.
This is a thing that I said that I would do. And after having done this, I don't see anything in particular that changes my opinion of LLD for the time being.

Since Dan isn't providing me with anything to talk about, I think I'll do this.
##FoS Affinity

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #764 on: April 07, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »
Why Affinity, one may ask?
That is a good question!
I'm going to try to make a post about it.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #765 on: April 07, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
Omba's noisy, tunnel-vision case on huhwhat is completely untenable and I'm not sure why people are ignoring it, as well as his D1 roleclaim bias and stuff, or why people aren't addressing it at all.

Dormio, for the last FUNKFUNKFUNKFUNKFUNK time, answer the question here.

capt.h's heavy meta play is based on what his perceptions on other people's play are and can therefore be fabricated when he says that the same thing done by different people gives different reads.  Oh well, at the very least, I am happier with his Dormio vote than his Conq vote, but his horribly hazy scumhunting methods on his idea of what is 'loud' and 'soft' (why is Dormio not 'loud' with his tunnelvision for example) still give me the creeps.  There's also that detachedness from the game in that he does not comment on anyone else's cases on anyone else., but then again, that's pretty much everyone's problem right now.  Will peg him as null for his Dormio vote, but urgh.

@Everyone: What do you think of the current cases on Omba, BT, huhwhat, now?  Do you disagree or agree with them?  Because seriously, everyone's trapped in their own box and are impossible to read.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:49:05 PM by Pesco »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #766 on: April 07, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
The stagnation is getting annoying.  Be back in a few hours, doing some source-searching for a project while 5 videos compress.

-cut by Affinity?-
Disagree with the case on Omba, disagree with the case on BT, agree with the case on HW.

BT reminds me of how I was playing last game somewhat, and so I can relate to that and see it as a town mindset.  Additionally none of his cases seem forced.
Omba I haven't played with before but he feels town to me, again y acting similarly to how I played last game in terms of reasonings and such.  Tunnel-vision isn't necessarily scummy, however I would like to see more cases from him.  I'm not sure I see what you mean by D1 roleclaim bias though.
HW is one of those "they might be scum..." cases, I can agree with most of the points made but at the same time there's a lot of townie activity.  Purely Conq I'd probably want to lynch but after HW replaced in he took a more active role.  Seeing as most, if not all of the arguments against him are for his prior player, HW himself hasn't done anything worth a lynch.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #767 on: April 07, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »
@IHNM: You say that you don't think HW has done anything worth a lynch so far.  You say that you agree with Omba's thought processes and his case on huhwhat, which is based on HW's supposed bad reasoning for going after Omba, his fake pressing of me and other people to look active, and his lack of other vote targets... I'm not understanding your position here.

*facepalms* ... yeah I don't think anyone is reading this game carefully at all. 

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #768 on: April 07, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »
You say that you agree with Omba's thought processes
*rereads what I wrote
Nope didn't say that.  I will say that rereading the Omba/HW spat hasn't changed anything- I don't think that's worth lynching HW over, and the case on Omba I still don't agree with.
*facepalms* ... yeah I don't think anyone is reading this game carefully at all. 
Echoing this sentiment.

I only posted now because 4 of the videos finished and i got a few sources.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #769 on: April 07, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »
The Twenty-Sixth Votecount of ZA WARUDO

Action Dan (1): Dormio
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Action Dan, BT
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (2): I have no name, Serela
huh what (1): Omba
Omba (2): Affinity, huh what
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
Dormio (1): capt.h

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Chaore

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 52 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Mod Note: Enough players have expressed family commitments to grant a 24 hour extension. The time between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm of Sunday the 8th will not be counted for prodvig actions. This is an exception that will only be granted once unless a new holiday is invented.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #770 on: April 07, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
Omba's noisy, tunnel-vision case on huhwhat
a) How is building on the case of your main suspect scummy?
b) tunnel-vision?
FoS: I have no name
BT is still scum
Err... no. But since you asked so nicely:
I have no name: Wa-FLAMINGO-ffle (#695), only clear read is on the obvlurker (which is incidentally also the only other real suspect huh what has apart from me)
Tars rawr (#705) with TAVROS reasoning and on very short notice (11 minutes between #701 and #705; yes, because writing a post with actually useful content generally only takes 10 minutes. And that's assuming rawr would even look at the topic in that time.)
Says the guy who had been voting him for most of D1 is OMGUSing him when he votes him in first post of D2 (#709, #712). Which is blatant TAVROS.
"has no cases of his own ever"
Then let me ask you this.  Who pushed for Mr. Bob to be lynched first? (Hint: it shows this statement false)
Implying a case on the lollurker amounts to anything.

-cut by huh what-It was an attempt to de-stagnate the game, and generate discussion.  Information helps town, which if there's no discussion going on then there's no information, hurting town.  I can see why you'd think it's bad, but I had a perfectly pro-town reason for doing so.
COWPAT.

Rereading D1 with the flips in mind I think LLD is third party.
Third-party accusation wtf.

3 hours of nothing was relatively stagnated, especially compared to D1.  I can see where you're coming from with my reason looking contrived, but the same action can be interpreted differently.
COWPAT.

Words! I hate your guts Shadoweh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:31:51 PM by Shadoweh »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #771 on: April 07, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »
Words.

Also I exist but barely have any time to do anything aaaaa

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #772 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
#761 Lolexcuse for no read on Chaore. Point out the parts you can't read and Chaore might *gasp* be able to clarify them for you. I don't think he even had anything major editet besides his swearing. If that's a problem, just flarping replace every part that's been edited with a fitting swearword. Your reading comprehension does not seem nearly bad enough to make this horrible excuse work.
Also says huh what is town, then in his next post
agree with the case on HW.
Yeah, that totally fits together except it doesn't.

Seeing as most, if not all of the arguments against him are for his prior player, HW himself hasn't done anything worth a lynch.
Shows he hasn't actually read most of my posts D2 where I build a case on huh what based on his flarping play D2.
But he has a *gasp* TOWN-READ on me. If that's how you got your other town-reads, then they're worth jack-in-the-box.

his fake pressing of me and other people to look active
If that refers to this
Nitpicking[...]
, the point was not that he did it to look active.

Then there's still lots of other stuff to address :later:. Like the case on BT.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:30:38 PM by Shadoweh »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #773 on: April 07, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
So you expect me to have a perfect memory?
Poor Omba.
Poor, misguided Omba.
most =/= all, why do people seem to miss that.

Opinions change, arguments are made, etc.

On Chaore-read, swears have verbs, nouns, adjectives etc.  Even after looking back in an attempt to understand I still don't have a read on him due to his posts being mostly rage-y.

On read from #695, I had plenty of town reads, only 1 scumread and I was unsre on half the playerlist.  Since then I've formed opinions on most of the rest, but the ones who haven't posted/been referred to (ActionDan and Chaore) I'm unsure on.
Says the guy who had been voting him for most of D1 is OMGUSing him when he votes him in first post of D2
rawr's D2 vote felt like an OMGUS.  D1 felt like an RVS vote because it was before wagons consolidated.  Your point?
Implying a case on the lollurker amounts to anything.
Implying trying to lynch the people you find scummy amounts to nothing

« Reply #774 on: April 07, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »
Omba #578: That interpretation is... absolutely forced, much like most of the dirt you have on me. That post wasn't even waffling. I maintain that I was just PLAYING THE GAME. Reactions and explanations help me read people.

It's pretty hilarious that Omba keeps harping on people for going after Bob today when a majority of his D1 was just focused on BT and Bob. His only other scumread toward the end of the day was on Chaore, which he never bothered to actually support and just kind of dropped after he said he needed to re-read Chaore.

Basically, Omba has to be a total ditz to be town at this point, as his day-to-day thoughts do not match up at all (Dan and Dorian are town -> unexplained Dan vote, Bob is probably lurkscum -> people parking on Bob are scum with no further analysis of Bob, Chaore looks a little scummy -> ..., BT is scum -> no comment until people are attacking others for dropping D1 reads, etc). Reading his posts in isolation shows very little consistency in his thoughts on any players other than the one he's currently tunneling on, and even his tunnelcases are pretty bad - it's rather apparent that they originate from him assuming scum first then just twisting everything his target says into being scummy without reading posts objectively, a reasonable way for scum to compensate for the inability to read posts from a neutral point of view. His #578 is a pretty solid example of him doing this.

Note that he also spent most of early D2 responding to my attacks but not Affinity's, which is quite ridiculous when Affinity and I did not have the exact same cases. Has he even responded to Affinity's specific points yet? I can't find any instances of him doing so.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #775 on: April 07, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
So you expect me to have a perfect memory?
Doesn't care whether what he thinks and says is based on what actually happened. If your memory is that bad, then you can just go re-read the relevant parts to check whether things actually are as you remembered them. Which you would do if you really cared about the conclusions they lead you to.
Poor Omba.
Poor, misguided Omba.
Attempt to discredit me. Also doesn't even attempt to justify his town-read on me in light of the disconnects I pointed out.
On Chaore-read, swears have verbs, nouns, adjectives etc.  Even after looking back in an attempt to understand I still don't have a read on him due to his posts being mostly rage-y.
So? Still doesn't make reading edited posts all that hard. Again, your english is not nearly bad enough to justify that.  And what in the fuck does rage have to do with being able to read posts? You can evaluate the things he has said no matter how ragey they are expressed. You're making it sound like he all said was "YOU GUYS SUCK, THIS GAME SUCKS, RRRAAAAGGEEEE". Which he did not.
Also still doesn't ask about any parts of Chaore's posts that may be unreadable to him, even though I pointed out that possibility to him.
rawr's D2 vote felt like an OMGUS.  D1 felt like an RVS vote because it was before wagons consolidated.  Your point?
Voting you all the way through D1 until he was forced to change his vote to someone else to secure a lynch = RVS vote. Err... no.

Implying trying to lynch the people you find scummy amounts to nothing
Not relevant to the point that was made.

--cut by huh what

Omba #578: That interpretation is... absolutely forced, much like most of the dirt you have on me. That post wasn't even waffling. I maintain that I was just PLAYING THE GAME. Reactions and explanations help me read people.
Tries to just brush aside the point I made.

WORDS

« Reply #776 on: April 07, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »
Your point was awful, so yeah.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #777 on: April 07, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »
This is the time I have no name gave rawr to post before tarring him btw.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #778 on: April 07, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
Honestly, I've got to agree that Omba's 758 is so ass-backwards that I don't even >_>;

He (HW) questions someone (Affinity) who did something so as to help him understand them and possibly influence his read on them, and... it's scummy because they're voting the same person as he is?

Just because Affinity is also voting Omba with Huhwhat doesn't mean he can't be scum and therefore should be completely excused from any attempts to be analyzed by other people wanting Omba lynched. I can't even begin to comprehend how what HW did isn't completely and entirely normal.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #779 on: April 07, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
Omba also seems to pull out every tiniest little detail and paint it in a scummy light :/

So it's IHNN's fault that Rawr didn't post for 24 hours, now? It's rawr's fault for not posting, IHNN shouldn't be obligated to say "Oh hey rawr by the way you haven't posted" and then wait awhile to see if he doesn't.

The part where most people think Rawr is town is a different matter, but that's not the point we're looking at here.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore