Author Topic: The Legend of Hieda: Daughter Zero - Completed  (Read 37746 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: The Legend of Hieda: Daughter Zero
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
>"I believe that's my line."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
>"I believe that's my line."

> "'At's wot I thought." [victorsmug]
> Motion-Koan turns away from you and squats down in front of the Garda's face.
> "Right then, mate, what's a girl like me gonna do with you?" [hatecruel] "Reckon I should hang you up somewhere, start a trophy wall. Maybe I'll get your whole lot on it, then you'll see what it's like, uh?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
>Get between them.
>"I will not allow you to inflict further harm upon this creature."

Fightest

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
>Get between them.
>"I will not allow you to inflict further harm upon this creature."

> Motion-Koan looks up at you with a mixture of impatience and irritation.
> "Look, mate, I appreciate the attention, but learn to take a hint, uh?" [eagercruel] "Yer not welcome. So take a hike. Sod off."
> She moves to shove you out of the way.

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
Right.

>Take hold of her outstetched arm with our hand that's on the same side, and twist away, towards that same side, unbalancing the offender.  Then quickly and strongly step forward and shove her opposite shoulder and arm back and onto the ground pinning her.
>"Then you'll see what's what's like?"

Fightest

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
>Take hold of her outstetched arm with our hand that's on the same side, and twist away, towards that same side, unbalancing the offender.  Then quickly and strongly step forward and shove her opposite shoulder and arm back and onto the ground pinning her.
>"Then you'll see what's what's like?"

> Wrestling something made purely out of fire is an entirely reasonable course of action for those such as you.
> "Hey, pi-" [angerconfused]
> Motion-Koan attempts to break free of the grab, but you hold her tight, your Essence even stabilizing her form when she attempts to flow away.
> "What'd you think you're pulling, mate? Git!" [angerfear]
> She struggles more.
> "All right! You want talk?" [furyfear] "My nan was a mortal, right? No problem, ye'd think, for her kids, they's got some mixed blood, whatever?"
> "YOUR MORTAL FILTH OF A FAMILY PRESUMED TOO MUCH!" roars the Garda.
> Motion-Koan's eyes shine white-hot at the comment.
> "That is what it is like, pearly!" [hatredfury] "Two generations of persecution! My entire ancestry became social pariahs, brought up as examples of traitors dontcha know?"
> "AS WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN! YOUR WOULD SULLY THE PURITY OF OUR FLAMES WITH THE MUD OF MORTALITY!"
> "So how's that for a tragic backstory, mate?" [furygrief] "You're gonna deny me a bit of the old ultra-violence against the bastards what ruined my family?"
> You are vaguely aware of the hairs on the backs of your hands starting to smoke a little. Motion-Koan is running hot enough to forge steel.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
>"Your personal feuds are not my concern. However, I have business with the garda, business with which I will not tolerate interferance."

Fightest

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
>"Your personal feuds are not my concern. However, I have business with the garda, business with which I will not tolerate interferance."

> Motion-Koan struggles some more in your grasp.
> "You can have 'em all to yourself once I'm" [bargaindeal] "done with 'em. What do you care if they come to you in one piece or not?"
> "YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO BARGAIN, FILTH!" roars the Garda. "SLAY HER, CHOSEN, AS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE SO LONG AGO, AND I WILL CONSIDER YOUR BUSINESS!"
> "Glass houses, mate," mutters Motion-Koan.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
>How would one go about killing something such as Motion-Koan?

Fightest

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
>How would one go about killing something such as Motion-Koan?

> As much as killing anything else works: stab it until it stops moving. Beings of your magnitude, as a rule, have workarounds for and against such approaches, so one should always be prepared for the unexpected.

Fightest's note: the choice in my previous post, of course, is a somewhat meaningful choice I will leave up to a vote of more than one. If someone feels like presenting a third option, they are welcome to do that as well.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »
I say we kick the shit out of it.

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »
Which it. I say we object to the whole humans as fillth deal. After all we were once human.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:29 AM »
We're here for its aid. We don't have to like it. Also, I got the idea that the Garda wasn't talking about humans in general. It did object to the idea of combining mortality and immortality, but I thought the 'filth' bits were intended to refer more specifically to Motion-Koan.

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
You have a point, Guy, but think about ICness. Akyu has always been the calm type, I doubt she'd ever kill an opponent unless it meant life or death, and this is killing somebody who has already been subdued, so I'm pretty sure Akyuu wouldn't have it that way. Talking Motion-Koan out of revenge and the Garda out of discrimination would be more like it.
Besides, we're not really here to beg the Garda for help, it's going to be our under our command, our lieutenant, not the other way around. Refusing to kill Motion-Koan and beating the Garda in a fair fight would be a good alternative to earn the respect of both of them.

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »
I think Koan would make a better assistant actually.
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:34 AM »
Well, I would say that this is Are, not Akyu, but whatever. As for your suggestions, I don't think Motion-Koan is likely to let the Garda live, so we're really choosing between the two of them. Which would mean Nolrai's idea, so let's do that. So, then, I'm thinking we tell Motion-Koan something along the lines of that if the Garda dies, we'd need her to take its place.

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »
1. Motion-Koan did significant damage to this legendary being, while presumably being "inferior". Perhaps there have been other victims?
2. Obviously they hate each other, conscripting Koan from this plane might be most peacable choice.

>"How many Garda have you already hurt?"

Fightest

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »
>"How many Garda have you already hurt?"

> "Eh, who's counting?" [callousanger]
> "SEVEN OF US ARE GRIEVOUSLY INJURED BECAUSE OF THIS SCUM! THEY LIVE ONLY THROUGH THEIR IMMORTAL TENACITY!"
> "I let them live, mate, is what it is."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
Do note the lieutenant we voted for.
"Fiery, brash."
I'd say that sums up motionkoan here to a T.

The injured garda here doesn't really strike me as the brash sort anyhow. It's more....Regal, Majestic, like an extremely-high-ranking celestial.
I'd say motionkoan's the lieutenant we'll end up getting. Likely by the classic trope, "Defeat Equals Friendship".
Besides, she could stand to be served up a nice piece of humble pie. So I say we 'discipline' motionkoan a fair bit.

Perhaps we start with a nice, sharp, slap across the face. Goad her into attacking, then when she attacks, get her with an ultimate-level counterattack.
Possibly Cross Counter(As a show of respect for a fellow fighter), and basically just let 'er have it real good!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
Sounds good to me.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »
WOrks for me.

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2012, 08:40:17 AM »
I'd say motionkoan's the lieutenant we'll end up getting. Likely by the classic trope, "Defeat Equals Friendship".
Besides, she could stand to be served up a nice piece of humble pie. So I say we 'discipline' motionkoan a fair bit.
As obvious as this might be to us, Are would not know any of this, and basing her actions on a trope alone, leads to bland story-telling.

>"I came to the elemental pole of fire not only to negotiate with the Garda, but also following a strange rumor of someone actually hunting these elementals.  I see you are no rumor, Motion-Koan."

Fightest

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »
Fightest's note: while there may be some agreement one way or another on a course of action, you still need to provide an input. Questions will be answered regardless.

>"I came to the elemental pole of fire not only to negotiate with the Garda, but also following a strange rumor of someone actually hunting these elementals.  I see you are no rumor, Motion-Koan."

> "YOUR PATHETIC DRIVE FOR VENGEANCE HAS EVEN REACHED THE EARS OF THE FILTH OF THE CELESTIAL EMPIRE!" roars the Garda, then quickly checks itself.
> "NO, NOT YOU, CELESTIAL CHOSEN," the Garda says, with an almost ingratiating tone, "YOUR KIND WOULD NEVER ENGAGE IN DISGUSTING RUMORMONGERING. I SPEAK OF THE MORTAL WORMS AT YOUR FEET, OF COURSE!"
> Motion-Koan, snarling, spits out a small wisp of flame in the Garda's direction.
> It hits the Garda in the side of the head, causing the vast firebird to let loose an inferno of epithets in a tongue you do not understand.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:32 AM »
>We're still holding Motion-Koan, right?

Fightest

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »
>We're still holding Motion-Koan, right?

> Yes.

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
> The shining Crimson Light of majesty and dark contracts?
Thinking about our Celestrial Nature, it's all about charisma and social links, meaning it's strength is getting everyone to be loyal to the possesser.

>"Motion-Koan, if you were to satisfy your vengence, what would you do after?"

Fightest

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
>"Motion-Koan, if you were to satisfy your vengence, what would you do after?"

> "If I got my way?" [solemnhate] "Ain't nothing be left for me here. I'd take what's left o' my family and go northwise."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2012, 02:36:32 PM »
>"First off, what exactly caused you to seek vengeance? Did one of your siblings or older relatives go poking around where they shouldn't have been and got into a fight they couldn't handle?"

How's this?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Fightest

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
>"First off, what exactly caused you to seek vengeance? Did one of your siblings or older relatives go poking around where they shouldn't have been and got into a fight they couldn't handle?"

How's this?

> To avoid risk of a potential faux pas, the parser will reiterate earlier conversation:
> "All right! You want talk?" [furyfear] "My nan was a mortal, right? No problem, ye'd think, for her kids, they's got some mixed blood, whatever?"
> "YOUR MORTAL FILTH OF A FAMILY PRESUMED TOO MUCH!" roars the Garda.
> Motion-Koan's eyes shine white-hot at the comment.
> "That is what it is like, pearly!" [hatredfury] "Two generations of persecution! My entire ancestry became social pariahs, brought up as examples of traitors dontcha know?"
> "AS WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN! YOUR WOULD SULLY THE PURITY OF OUR FLAMES WITH THE MUD OF MORTALITY!"
> "So how's that for a tragic backstory, mate?" [furygrief] "You're gonna deny me a bit of the old ultra-violence against the bastards what ruined my family?"
> If clarification is further required: Motion-Koan claims that some society, that her family and the Garda were part of, ostracized and shunned - to an extreme degree - Motion-Koan's family due to having a mortal component in their ancestry, specifically Motion-Koan's grandmother.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »
Well, I know a way to solve this, knock some sense into motionkoan, then offer to take her and her clan with us.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!