Author Topic: Generic F11 Mafia - Game Over  (Read 35275 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Generic F11 Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #510 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »
Well we have that one person who's playing mafia through break so. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #511 on: November 28, 2011, 09:10:44 AM »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #512 on: November 28, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
I'm fairly certain it stems from having low-self esteem. Objectively, yeah, I should have just mashed the post button, even though It was literally adding nothing to scumhunting, and probably would have detracted from it, causing everyone to yell at me, and probably vote me when I know I'm town, and I still kind of thought Shadoweh was scum, but didn't want to push her anymore because I literally haven't gotten anything new, and I wanted to look Dan and Conq over which, in turn would mean she might have been right, and also not scum since they might have been scum, but I still needed to read the game before even commenting on any of this and-

Oh god, why do I hate myself so much? :ohdear:
*Shadoweh hugs Zakky-chan* :<
See, that's what you're doing wrong. You're having those WIFOM discussions on the INSIDE, when you could be posting them on the OUTSIDE in the thread! :D Just like Serela! Being voted isn't as bad as being modkilled anyways.

You just worry too much. Post free-falling, take the plunges, and afterwards we'll all laugh and laugh together! :D *eye twitch*

I'm happy with this mafia break. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go post in mafia.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #513 on: November 28, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »
HEY SHADOWEH IS IT N1 YET?

Shadoweh

« Reply #514 on: November 28, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »
*Shadoweh murders Dormio in cold blood*
Also, I found Day 2's theme song!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #515 on: November 28, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »
Don't worry about it Zak man,  a game like this is not actually as important as other things you're doing in your life (or worrying over).  I don't know your circumstances but if you're sleeping that much 7 + 8 + 16 hours in the span of ~2 days then that sort of tells me (and I say this empathetically having experienced the same) you are not exactly happy for whatever reason(s) outside of our shared world of Mafia.  Hopefully that e-hug Shadoweh gave you will allow you to pull through. :D 

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #516 on: November 29, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »
@J.O.B: It looks to me like you haven't really learned much at all over the past few games, and to be blunt, I'm honestly surprised Pesco hasn't Lynched you given posts like #315 305. You act like you want to learn but I don't think you actually try to do so, and this is something you definitely need to work on. Out of everyone I'm probably the most irritated with you, mainly because of observations made over time instead of frustrations from this game alone.

@Shadoweh: This game basically has me convinced that your methods of stating your reads as if they're facts (as in, stuff like "player is town because he is") just make people irritated with you and make them more likely to believe that you're scum. This is just as much your fault as it is theirs. I feel like what I said about LSD during Graveyard postgame applies to you somewhat as well. There's a difference between having confidence in your reads and acting like you have to be in the right. The first of the two scares scum, the latter just makes people want to punch you over the internet and makes you a good scapegoat if scum can play on the town irritation toward you. Honestly, I was irritated with a lot of what Youmu/Myon said during Graveyard for similiar reasons, but never brought it up because A. I thought you and UK were in part doing it on purpose to piss off townies because you were scum and B. I totally forgot because I am a doofus.

Also, I have no idea if the mentality of "everyone voting me is clearly in the wrong" you seem to have is serious or not, but if it is, then it seems dangerous to me. Getting lynched should be a learning experience, and if you're blaming it on everyone else, then you're not gaining anything from your death.

@Serela: I've probably said this to you before, but you would benifit a lot from making sure your posts sound stable and that you've completed all your thoughts before you post. Otherwise stuff like the end of D2 happens. I can't blame you too much for this because I have the problem of posting before I finish a thought too sometimes, but it's still something where working on it would make people listen to you more IMO.

I forgot everything else I was going to say. :x Ultimately I'm not really mad at Zak right now even if I do believe he should have been carded. I hate the fact that I had to modkill but don't hate the person I modkilled, if that makes sense (though I was definitely irritated when I actually had to post about killing him). I was originally a little miffed at PX's fakerage toward JOB too but after talking with Pesco I feel it's probably more a problem of me interpreting things the wrong way (which I suppose everything else here might stem from as well, but oh well) than PX actually being a jerk. Though the way he went about the self-hammer was honestly a bit dickish, even though I didn't have a problem with the suicide itself given the circumstances. <_< Self-hammering in general is kind of unnecessarily spiteful, and badfeelings are never a good thing for town. We're supposed to be Friends Forever.

The seasonal break seems like a good thing to me. I definitely want to just stay away from MotK Mafiers from a while since I've obviously been getting too emotional for the past few games (this one and Psycho Prophecy).

Edit: I'm having trouble expressing most of my irritation with JOB properly, but I think the best way to put it would be that I feel everything he does comes off as selfish. Like, he doesn't really care what the other players think or whether he's helping his alignment so long as he's experiencing the game, which is probably why he doesn't seem to be learning at all.

That said, if there's one thing I've learned from playing Mafia lately, it's that I suck at reading into people's intentions sometimes, so this might just be the way I'm personally interpreting the words of you guys.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:38:52 AM by huh what »

ActionDan

« Reply #517 on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:29 AM »
Huhwhat, I pretty much agree with everything you said.  That's also why I knew I could go after Shadoweh D2 after her first post with her reads. 

It was fated after she said she wasn't "lynchable."  You brought it on yourself silly townie!

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #518 on: November 29, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
I'm honestly surprised Pesco hasn't Lynched you given posts like #315

But that's Shadoweh's post.

« Reply #519 on: November 29, 2011, 01:18:17 AM »
Ergh, I forgot the number then.

It was basically the one where he said "if you make me mad I'll vote you just because".

ActionDan

« Reply #520 on: November 29, 2011, 01:38:11 AM »
The infamous 305.

Bard, who did you think the scumteam was?

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »
Huhwhat, I pretty much agree with everything you said.  That's also why I knew I could go after Shadoweh D2 after her first post with her reads. 

It was fated after she said she wasn't "lynchable."  You brought it on yourself silly townie!
I have no idea what combination of confidence and motivation makes me 'obviously town' like the last game. I've been told what I really need to work on is lying about how sure I am of things and leaving the unconfident sounding parts out. Which incidentally I completely failed to do right after that. I just knew that either I convinced everyone to follow me early or insert Day 2 would happen.

Oh god I really am turning into Pesco.

Huh what, you say that like I didn't try to make cases or explain myself. If it came across like I wasn't trying that's worse for me because I was and I have no idea how to communicate feelings to people. Or write cases that people will actually listen to or consider a case. I was hoping whatever worked for Duffman would kick in. And Youmu and Myon were scum, why would you listen to anything they had to say? :P

Bardiche

« Reply #522 on: November 29, 2011, 04:42:04 AM »
Bard, who did you think the scumteam was?

Every single one of you tossers, but I was pretty sold on ActionDan X Zakeri at some point before the modkill. Then I thought it was Dormio X Shadoweh.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #523 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »
What turning into me? You don't even use the stuff I taught you :V.

« Reply #524 on: November 29, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
When did Pesco start giving out private lessons?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #525 on: November 29, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
They're ~*private~*~ for a reason :V

Bardiche

« Reply #526 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
Pesco x Shadoweh OTP huh. The OTP bogmire grows more treacherous by the day.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #527 on: November 29, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »
You guys throw around OTP so much that it's cheapened the sentiment.

Bardiche

« Reply #528 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
The only OTPs I recognise are Pesco x Shadowmeh, UK x UK and Dormio x Dormio's Dog.

ActionDan

« Reply #529 on: November 29, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »

Dormio x Dormio's Dog.

I actually believe this is a viable but obviously overpowered hydra. 

The cat on my lap tells me dogs are overrated and disagrees.

Don't lynch me.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #530 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
The only Mafia OTPs I recognize came about in fanfiction form before 2010. Everything else is a cheap imitation wannabe poser.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #531 on: November 29, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
The only Mafia OTPs I recognize came about in fanfiction form before 2010. Everything else is a cheap imitation wannabe poser.

KilgaxPesco forever!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »
@J.O.B: It looks to me like you haven't really learned much at all over the past few games, and to be blunt, I'm honestly surprised Pesco hasn't Lynched you given posts like #315 305. You act like you want to learn but I don't think you actually try to do so, and this is something you definitely need to work on. Out of everyone I'm probably the most irritated with you, mainly because of observations made over time instead of frustrations from this game alone.

Edit: I'm having trouble expressing most of my irritation with JOB properly, but I think the best way to put it would be that I feel everything he does comes off as selfish. Like, he doesn't really care what the other players think or whether he's helping his alignment so long as he's experiencing the game, which is probably why he doesn't seem to be learning at all.
I don't really think I've learnt too muh from the recent games either. I feel like I've gotten better. I actually feel like instead of learning new things, I've gotten better at things that I already know. In fact it might have been possible (though probably highly unlikely) that someone could have argued I'm scum because I was arguably sheeping less than normal. I certainly don't sheep as much now. I do try to learn but I guess maybe sometimes I get drowned in all the posts. The circumstances within this game were some of the worst (I actually started to get sick around the end of D2). I was only asking for a summary of some cases because I wasn't going to be on for long at that time. I was lucky when I woke up near D2 deadline that some people actually got me up to speed.

I don't try to be selfish mos of the time. Sometimes when I come across as really selfish in certain ways (like in my dwi post) and express anger towards other people, it could possibly mean I need a bit of a break. Sometimes I may not take into account the other people in my aligment (though it doesn't help that I don't really know anyone's alignment other than my own) but I still would try to make some decisions based around it. Last game for example, I took into account all of the roles to try and make a plan that could clear as many people as possible. I wouldn't have been able to do that if it was just me. The reason I may not appear to take notice of much other people when it comes to making stuff is because I don't actually know if I can trust them or not, because I have no idea what their alignment actually is.

I still need to learn how to handle my anger better, and I still need to learn from experience when it comes to mafia. I think most of everyone's problems with me should get better in time and so we should just wait and see.

Also I get my laptop charger fixed and then it dies on me completely :V. I had to order another charger 2 days ago. I was lucky I got it today.