Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192924 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #870 on: September 05, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
>Smile. "Going by how much things have quieted down, she likely has solved things for them. Which is a resolution that pleases everyone. Those of the Moon, those of Gensokyo, but not those two princesses on accounts of what they were put through to get it."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #871 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »
>Smile. "Going by how much things have quieted down, she likely has solved things for them. Which is a resolution that pleases everyone. Those of the Moon, those of Gensokyo, but not those two princesses on accounts of what they were put through to get it."

Tenma nods, a slim smile on his face. "Indeed." A cough from Momiji interrupts what he's about to say next, and he looks over at her for a moment before turning back to you. "Ah, my apologies, but I will need to leave soon. In a few minutes, perhaps."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #872 on: September 06, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
>Smile. "That's quite alright. You have things to tend to yourself after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #873 on: September 07, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
>Smile. "That's quite alright. You have things to tend to yourself after all."

Tenma smiled and nodded. "Indeed," he said, slowly standing up and offering you a bow. "I do have to thank you for your hospitality, and for the information. I hope we meet again, Kamishirasawa-san."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #874 on: September 07, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
>Stand up, and bow with a smile as well. "I feel similarly, it's nice to  have guests sometimes after all. Maybe I should visit the mountain sometime before my vacation ends, and the school year starts up again."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #875 on: September 08, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »
>Stand up, and bow with a smile as well. "I feel similarly, it's nice to  have guests sometimes after all. Maybe I should visit the mountain sometime before my vacation ends, and the school year starts up again."

Tenma grins a bit. "I'll be sure to tell the scouts to let you in. Momiji?" She replies with a simple nod. As Tenma leaves the room, she steps by you, lowering her voice a little.

"Please keep a leash on your firebird from now on... my house was an expensive thing to lose," she says, before following Tenma out of the room.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #876 on: September 08, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
>Facepalm. Looks like we'll have to track down Mokou before we go to sleep.
>Let's think, Mokou's probably at her place, getting her things. We know where that's at, right?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #877 on: September 08, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »
>Facepalm. Looks like we'll have to track down Mokou before we go to sleep.
>Let's think, Mokou's probably at her place, getting her things. We know where that's at, right?

Mokou's shed? Of course. You've been there lots of times before. Did you want to fetch any of your shikigami or just go alone?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #878 on: September 08, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
>We don't need to bother with waking them, they need the sleep for tomorrow. We should bring along the antimagic stone and our spellcards just in case though.
>Once we've got that stuff, let's make for Mokou's.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #879 on: September 09, 2012, 01:42:18 AM »
>We don't need to bother with waking them, they need the sleep for tomorrow. We should bring along the antimagic stone and our spellcards just in case though.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to be caught unprepared. You snatch up your spellcards and the nullmagic stone before you go, and step out of the house. It still weirds you out just a bit that from the outside, it still looks like the same old place...

[quote>Once we've got that stuff, let's make for Mokou's.
[/quote]

Ah, right, you were heading to Mokou's. You take the ground route this time, nodding to the guards as they open the gate for you, then flying into the Bamboo Forest. You know your way around the forest, so it doesn't take you long to find Mokou's small wooden shack in the middle of it. Mokou's outside, leaning against the wall near the door, and seems to be dozing. You're sure she hasn't noticed you yet.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #880 on: September 09, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »
>Walk up to her and lean in right next to her ear.
>"HEY! MOKOU!"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #881 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:08 AM »
>Walk up to her and lean in right next to her ear.
>"HEY! MOKOU!"

You swear Mokou jumps at least a foot in the air, landing on her butt with a loud thump. "What the shit!?" she asks, taking a moment to regain her bearings before staring up at you. "Keine, what the crap? You suddenly into scarin' people outta nowhere now?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #882 on: September 09, 2012, 03:12:42 AM »
>"Well, you did offer me quite the opportunity."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #883 on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »
>"Well, you did offer me quite the opportunity."

Mokou stares to the side, rubbing the back of her head. "Yeah, well, I been up all day and night caring for some idiot who got attacked. But enough o' that. What brings you to my shed, Keine?" she asks as she pushes herself up with one hand.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #884 on: September 09, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, first off, who got attacked? That's a tad more important that what I originally came for."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #885 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:40 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, first off, who got attacked? That's a tad more important that what I originally came for."

Mokou just shrugs, resuming her position of leaning by the door. "Just some human from the village. Idiot went out youkai hunting alone, can you believe it? I found his polearm broken beside the guy. Don't know who it is, sorry to tell ya."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #886 on: September 09, 2012, 06:18:35 AM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "I might be able to identify him, mind if I take a look?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #887 on: September 09, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "I might be able to identify him, mind if I take a look?"

Mokou points a thumb to the door. "Go ahead. Just don't knock over the spices. Not sure how you'd do that anyway, though..."

You open the door to the inside of Mokou's shed. The inside looks like it usually does - a corner with an open window where Mokou serves yakitori, or would if she ever got regular visitors. A corner with a cabinet where she stores pants. A corner with a bunch of small items. And in the far corner... well, that's where you walk over, to the only bed in the shack. You see a young man in his early 20s, somewhat difficult to recognize because half his face and his neck is covered in bandages. Still, after a moment, you recognize him as the son of the old man whom you let Orin carry off.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #888 on: September 09, 2012, 07:05:31 AM »
>"....He must have heard about how his father was taken by Youkai recently. I'd be willing to bet he ran afoul of the very same one as well. Could you describe the injuries he had?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #889 on: September 09, 2012, 07:12:02 AM »
>"....He must have heard about how his father was taken by Youkai recently. I'd be willing to bet he ran afoul of the very same one as well. Could you describe the injuries he had?"

Mokou sighs. "His throat was getting ripped out when I found him. Like, badly ripped out. Whatever it was flew off before I could catch it, unfortunately." You notice that she's standing beside you now. "All I can say for certain is that whatever it was had blonde hair and wings. Sorry I can't give you more info, Keine."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #890 on: September 09, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
>"...I had a feeling it was something like that."
>Sigh. "Is he in a stable condition?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #891 on: September 09, 2012, 07:23:24 AM »
>"...I had a feeling it was something like that."
>Sigh. "Is he in a stable condition?"

Mokou nods. "Yeah. I was thinking about taking him to Eirin, but... well... if I did that, there'd just be another battle, and you told me to avoid those. And I'm actually trying to listen, for once." As she says this, she frowns, clearly not happy about the lack of Kaguya fights.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #892 on: September 09, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
>Nod. "I'll go with you then. Carrying him safely will be a two-person job anyhow, so let's get that set up."
>Let's help Mokou rig up a stretcher so we can carry him safely without aggravating his injuries anymore than they have been.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #893 on: September 09, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »
>Nod. "I'll go with you then. Carrying him safely will be a two-person job anyhow, so let's get that set up."

Mokou nods. "All right then. We can handle what you came to me for after that, I suppose."

>Let's help Mokou rig up a stretcher so we can carry him safely without aggravating his injuries anymore than they have been.

It's rather easy to make a stretcher - you just take Mokou's blanket and a couple of sticks of bamboo and rig it together with a bit of rope. It's makeshift, but surprisingly sturdy, and you don't even have to set the man on the stretcher. Mokou looks around a bit, as if looking for someone. Finally, she blurts it out.

"Where're your shikigami hiding? Usually they'd've come out by now."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #894 on: September 09, 2012, 07:47:03 AM »
>"I left them at home, they need the sleep. Neneru was completely wiped out, and Shiku was training hard on her own. And Kaki's off learning from Ran."
>Smile a bit. "Besides, I can't leave everything to them you know, I'd get bored."
>"At any rate, let's get him to Eientei." Let's Roll!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #895 on: September 09, 2012, 07:52:59 AM »
>"I left them at home, they need the sleep. Neneru was completely wiped out, and Shiku was training hard on her own. And Kaki's off learning from Ran."
>Smile a bit. "Besides, I can't leave everything to them you know, I'd get bored."

Mokou grins. "I hear you there. I'd hate leaving what I do to other people. Even if it is 'killing Kaguya and making chicken taste good'. Ya gotta do things yourself sometimes!"

>"At any rate, let's get him to Eientei." Let's Roll!

And with that, the two of you bear the unconscious man to Eientei. Being Keine and Mokou, the two people who know the forest best outside of the rabbits and Lunarians themselves, you make exceptionally good time, and soon find yourselves at Eientei's entrance. Kaguya's up on the roof, watching you with a smirk. Or at least, watching Mokou, anyway.

"Oh hey, Mokou," she says, jumping down in front of the two of you. "Come for another battle? You kept me waiting this morning, you know."

(Sleep time! See ya in, er, 7 hours probably!)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #896 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »
(Heh, s'alright.)

>Sigh. "I'm afraid it's not a personal call. We've got an injured man in need of medical attention."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #897 on: September 09, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
(Heh, s'alright.)

>Sigh. "I'm afraid it's not a personal call. We've got an injured man in need of medical attention."

Kaguya steps aside with a frown. "Fine... Mokou, I expect you here tomorrow at noon. It's your turn, you know!" Mokou gives a small sigh as her response as you enter the building. You can hear Kaguya calling after you, "Hey, what's that supposed to mean!? You'd better be there!"

You're not really sure about where you're going - you haven't been to Eientei nearly as much as you'd like to have. Fortunately, you're intercepted by Eirin, who takes one look at your patient and starts giving commands.

"Two more rooms up, on the left, and get him some new bandages already, jeez. I'll grab some painkillers and be right there. And make damn sure you don't jolt him." Obviously, you and Mokou listen to the instructions from Gensokyo's premier doctor, and you soon find yourself watching Mokou slowly remove the man's bandages while Eirin sets a few bottles of pills down on a nearby desk. That done, she turns to you.

"Okay, which youkai attacked which human this time?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #898 on: September 09, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
>"Mokou's the one who saw it, she was tending to him when I came to find her. According to her, it had wings, and blonde hair. She seems to have a preference for aiming for the throat from what I've discovered."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #899 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
>"Mokou's the one who saw it, she was tending to him when I came to find her. According to her, it had wings, and blonde hair. She seems to have a preference for aiming for the throat from what I've discovered."

Eirin nods. "Yes, I could tell it was Mokou from the sloppy-yet-effective work." Mokou fires a quick shot back with "I'm a field medic, not a doctor!" That little exchange being done, Eirin considers your final comment. "A preference? That implies more than one incident. This is the first one that I've seen, so what other occurrences are we talking about here?"