Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192802 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:18:12 AM »
A brief summary of the quest so far...

You were Keine Kamishirasawa, and vacation had just begun for you. Taking Mokou along for the ride, you asked Sanae to defend the village while the two of you headed to the underground. You stopped by the Hakurei Shrine to prepare yourself, and found out that Patchouli had not been seen for a while, although you paid it little mind. You picked up Kogasa on the way to the underground, and met quite a few people down there, including Yamame, Parsee, and Yuugi. You stopped by Chireiden and, after a brief conflict with Utsuho and a conversation with Satori, you left the mansion with a box of blazeberry tea and Utsuho in tow. In the Ancient City, you learned a bit about the Deva Pillar, which was known as the Pillar of Mima long ago, and learned that Parsee used to rule the city before a civil war forced her onto the bridge. Exiting the city, you soon find out that the Patchouli problem is bigger than just her - every magician is missing, and no one seems to know why,

With no real other leads, you recall from a conversation with Reimu that Mima and Marisa were related, and use your translation abilities to find a way to summon Mima. It works, although not as well as you expected it to, and she manages to give you another lead - three thieving forest youkai that tended to hang around Marisa's house. It didn't take long for you to come up and capture these youkai red-handed in their looting. An idea began to form in your head as you decided to take them along with you to where they last saw two rabbits take the witch - the abandoned border town of Mayohiga. There, you fight rabbit Tewi Inaba, and strike it lucky as you knock her out. You find the magicians bound to a battery-charging spell, and release them from it. Because it's Tewi, you gather a number of allies and prepare for an attack on Eientei. You've timed it well, and you transformed almost immediately after you learn that Eirin was not responsible, Reisen and the Himes were. After a surprisingly short and easy battle, you defeat the Himes and send them on their way, taking the rest of your time to speak with Shiku, one of the former thief youkai, about your idea of taking them in as shikigami. Although she had refused earlier, she now accepts, and when the morning comes, the three of you journey to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to get the ceremony done. In the Great Library that Patchouli resides in, you complete the ceremony and obtain a trio of shikigami. Now you seek a few things:

TRAINING THE SHIKIGAMI
Shiku and Neneru definitely need battle training, and perhaps Kaki too.

THE HOUSE IS TOO DAMN SMALL
You've already asked Patchouli if there's a way to magically increase the size of your house. She's working on that right now.

MIMA'S ERRAND
You're tasked with this, although with no idea of what she'll ask or when, you really have no way to prepare for it.

VACATION TIME
You still have over three weeks left in your vacation!

>Smile. "That will be more than enough. You've provided the means for these three to become my Shikigami, you granted Mokou more power during the battle, and now you're providing a means to rebuild my house to better suit my needs. At least with this I can provide more room for the others, as well as for my own collection of books."
>Turn back to Shiku. "Well, you should be able to learn quite a bit. After all, you three have the potential to grow stronger, because you're still just children as far as Youkai go."

Shiku nods. "Yes, I've no doubt about that. And this shikigami bond really is some fine power-up. I may not be able to take on an oni, but I could probably handle quite a few people I couldn't take before. You know?" As she finishes her sentence, Koakuma comes floating back with a thick book bound in leather. She hands it off to Patchouli before slipping away, humming, to resume her organizational work. Patchouli takes the book and opens it to a seemingly random page, flipping it once or twice before stopping.

"Aha... yes... it will not be easy, of course, and a magician will probably have to come over there to handle it herself. I already used a lot of energy on that shikigami bond, so I may not be able to handle this sort of spell today... but if you allow me a day of rest, I will surely be able to help you there. I should mention that your house won't look different on the outside, only on the inside. Other than that, you'll only need to tell me what you'll want changed so I can prepare in advance."

(And with this, it's time for a new thread.)

(Innit though?)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:41:36 AM »
>"Hmm...I think just doubling what it already has should suffice for added room. Perhaps adding an extra two rooms to serve as guest rooms as well? And expanding the Pantry a good bit should also be done. I suppose we can go over any remaining things when you visit? I suppose we can make do with how things are for now, so until tomorrow."
>Look to Sakuya. "Well, shall we go see what Remilia wished to speak of?"
>Let's follow Sakuya when prompted!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
>"Hmm...I think just doubling what it already has should suffice for added room. Perhaps adding an extra two rooms to serve as guest rooms as well? And expanding the Pantry a good bit should also be done. I suppose we can go over any remaining things when you visit? I suppose we can make do with how things are for now, so until tomorrow."

Patchouli makes a mental list of all the things you've said, and turns to her desk. "All right then... yes, you should go. I have interior design to handle."

>Look to Sakuya. "Well, shall we go see what Remilia wished to speak of?"
>Let's follow Sakuya when prompted!

Sakuya bows and leads you out of the library. Once outside, she closes the door and it looks like any other room again. She begins leading the four of you along the maze of hallways. Her pace is slow enough for even Kaki to keep up, fortunately, which is likely because she's speaking as well.

"...the rest of the rooms in the mansion are enhanced by me, of course, but that library is all Patchouli's handiwork. I don't know how she's managed to collect that many books, but I think it's possible she has every book from before 1880 in that room. Even the mistress was astonished the last time she went in there... the mistress doesn't get astonished often, I'm sure you understand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »
>Nod. "Quite alright, she did mention something to this effect the night before confronting the culprits."
>Let's keep on going.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
>Nod. "Quite alright, she did mention something to this effect the night before confronting the culprits."
>Let's keep on going.

Sakuya chuckles. "I'd imagine she would. Here's the room in question," she says, opening the door. Inside you see a small (for the mansion) but lavishly decorated tea room. Remilia's sitting at the head of a slightly elliptical table, tapping her finger when she notices you. Instantly she becomes all smiles. "Keine! Ah, I am so glad that you decided to stop by. I wished with all my heart to offer you the gratitude of the entire Scarlet household for rescuing our dear friend... and for crushing those who took her. My greatest regret is only that I have nothing to give you at this moment in thanks." She almost grins a little at her little speech.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
>Smile. "It's quite alright. You see, Patchouli has already helped quite a bit. For one, she's enabled these three to become my Shikigami."
>Gesture towards Shiku, neneru, and Kaki.
>"And for two, she's developing a spell to expand my own residence much as she did for her library. I do need the room for these three after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »
>Smile. "It's quite alright. You see, Patchouli has already helped quite a bit. For one, she's enabled these three to become my Shikigami."
>Gesture towards Shiku, neneru, and Kaki.
>"And for two, she's developing a spell to expand my own residence much as she did for her library. I do need the room for these three after all."

Remilia nods with a confident smile. "Oh, of course! Patchy can be supremely helpful when she wishes. As for me, well, just remember that the Scarlet household is indebted to you. If there is ever anything you need from us, do not hesitate to ask. Now then..." she gestures to the table, where four teacups filled with tea sit that you know were not there last time. "Tea?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
>"Ah, thank you. I suppose we should perform introductions now as well."
>Let's have some tea!
>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three. I'm not entirely sure what variety of Youkai she is, but she regards the other two as her siblings. And thanks to the contact, they now technically are. She's like a rebellious teenager, but I can tell she cares."
>Gesture towards Neneru and Kaki. "These two are Neneru, and Kaki, Cat and Fox Youkai respectively. Neneru is the energetic one, and intends to learn from Sakuya how she does things, which I can support. Kaki...Well, She's shy and quiet, it will take a while before I can fully understand what makes her tick, and what direction she wishes to take her life in beyond this."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »
>"Ah, thank you. I suppose we should perform introductions now as well."
>Let's have some tea!
>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three. I'm not entirely sure what variety of Youkai she is, but she regards the other two as her siblings. And thanks to the contact, they now technically are. She's like a rebellious teenager, but I can tell she cares."
>Gesture towards Neneru and Kaki. "These two are Neneru, and Kaki, Cat and Fox Youkai respectively. Neneru is the energetic one, and intends to learn from Sakuya how she does things, which I can support. Kaki...Well, She's shy and quiet, it will take a while before I can fully understand what makes her tick, and what direction she wishes to take her life in beyond this."

(Shiku's just a youkai, haha)

Shiku nods, apparently feeling your introduction was sufficient, as she sits down and begins to drink. Kaki doesn't respond at all, but at least she moves to drink as well. Neneru's not quite so quiet. "Yeah, I wanna learn how to be a time-stopping ninja maid knife lady and teleport everywhere and-" Just like last time, Shiku just places her hand over Neneru's mouth and she quiets down, with Shiku giving you a quiet nod. Remilia sets her tea down and smiles. She might intend it to be nice, but on Remilia it just looks slightly chilling.

"A pleasure to meet all of you, and I do hope we meet again. I am Remilia Scarlet, known throughout Gensokyo as the Scarlet Devil. I... well, my sister and I, we are easily the most powerful vampires in Gensokyo," she seems to slide right over the fact that they're the ONLY well-known vampires in Gensokyo, "and amongst the highest rank of youkai." After this... rather boastful introduction, she sits back and takes a sip of tea with a satisfied expression. Neneru bounces in her seat a bit. "I want to meet the sister too! You guys sound really cool!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
>Facepalm with an exasperated smile. "You know how it feels to have someone excitable in your care, don't you?"
>"Neneru, do you remember the person I mentioned earlier? The one who can destroy anything she wants to? That is her sister. I have heard she has an alarming tendency to go through toys rather fast."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »
>Facepalm with an exasperated smile. "You know how it feels to have someone excitable in your care, don't you?"

Remilia nods, watching you all with one eye open. "Yes, after dealing with Flan for nearly 500 years I'm sort of used to it."

>"Neneru, do you remember the person I mentioned earlier? The one who can destroy anything she wants to? That is her sister. I have heard she has an alarming tendency to go through toys rather fast."

Remilia follows you up with "Yes, Flandre doesn't really take too well to visitors. Even Sakuya's taken to being shielded by Patchouli when she goes down into the basement. Of course, as her elder sister, I need no such protection. But to other matters..." She gives Neneru a stare, which Neneru eagerly returns. "You wish to train under Sakuya, is that correct? Sakuya, would you have a problem with this?"

Sakuya, from a spot near the entrance, shakes her head. "I doubt I could teach her about time manipulation - that's a rather unique ability that very few can manage. As to movement and knife mastery, though, I would not have a problem with it if you commanded it, Mistress."

Remilia turns back to you. "And I certainly have no problem with this idea. If anything, it will be nice for the mansion to receive visitors I can actually talk to. The shrine maiden tries, but she really can't hold a truly intelligent conversation for long. And don't even get me started on the witch..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
>Sigh. "Yes...They do have an alarming tendency to resort to 'Shoot First, Ask Later'. With Marisa it's a given, due to who her teacher was. But Reimu has no such excuse."
>"But at any rate, whenever Sakuya has free time will be fine. Since she's human, the villagers shouldn't have much of a problem with her should she decide to visit."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
>Sigh. "Yes...They do have an alarming tendency to resort to 'Shoot First, Ask Later'. With Marisa it's a given, due to who her teacher was. But Reimu has no such excuse."
>"But at any rate, whenever Sakuya has free time will be fine. Since she's human, the villagers shouldn't have much of a problem with her should she decide to visit."

Remilia smirks and gives you a small wink. "You mean after all these years we've known each other, you still won't let me into the village? I'm hurt."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »
>Chuckle. "It's not my will, but that of the villagers. You should know that by now."
>Smirk a little. "But since these three have become my Shikigami, the villagers won't be able to complain. Since they'll likely see it as me subjugating some Youkai for my own use. I know how the villagers think."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »
>Chuckle. "It's not my will, but that of the villagers. You should know that by now."
>Smirk a little. "But since these three have become my Shikigami, the villagers won't be able to complain. Since they'll likely see it as me subjugating some Youkai for my own use. I know how the villagers think."

Remilia laughs. A bit. "Ahaha... they can be so primitive. The irony is they wouldn't recognize over half of the youkai around unless you told them. Take Patchouli or Meiling for example, I'd bet they would have no trouble getting into the village. That is, until you told someone who they were. Not that it bothers me - I'm fine in my mansion, and care little for those in the village."

She then turns away to Sakuya for a moment. "Ah, Sakuya... I just remembered, I might have something for Keine in the large bedroom. I believe you know of what I speak. Could you go fetch it for me?" Sakuya nods and exits the room as Remilia turns back to you. "It certainly isn't much, and I am still in your debt, but consider it a small gift for stopping by."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "Oh? I do wonder what it is."
>Let's wait to see what it is!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "Oh? I do wonder what it is."
>Let's wait to see what it is!

Sakuya returns with a small box. Silently, she opens it in front of you to reveal a beautiful silver pendant, meticulously crafted, of a full moon, attached to a light silver chain. Remilia shifts a bit. "I think it rather fits you, Keine, and I'd like you to have it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
>Let's pick it up to examine it closer. "This is...It's amazing. There's quite a lot of crafstmanship put into it..!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
>Let's pick it up to examine it closer. "This is...It's amazing. There's quite a lot of crafstmanship put into it..!"

You pick up the pendant from its box, which causes Remilia to make a small, almost inaudible sigh of relief. Now that you look, it seems as if you can see every crater of the full moon on this pendant, and the chain practically glows.

"Yes, it was made for me a very long time ago by a highly skilled German of the Enlightenment era. Non-magical, unfortunately, since I've never had a reason to enchant it. It's still a beautiful pendant, though."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
>"It's so detailed! Thank you."
>Let's equip it! (+5 Magic Defense? :V)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
>"It's so detailed! Thank you."
>Let's equip it!

You equip the amulet, which Neneru stares at in awe. "It's so pretty..." she says, entranced by the pendant. You seem to remember she DID like shiny things.

(+5 Magic Defense? :V)

Silly, if you want it to give Magic Defense you need to get it enchanted first.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
>Smile. "Isn't it? I think you'll inherit this when the time comes."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »
>Smile. "Isn't it? I think you'll inherit this when the time comes."

Remilia smiles. Her first genuine smile you've seen yet. "I'm glad you like it, Keine. And I do hope that we can have more conversations like this in the future. However, I must with great unfortune tell you that we must part. There are... things I must do yet today, and if we dally too long I will not get them done. And that would be a shame, would it not?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
>Nod. "Of course. We all have things to be attended to after all. I need to go track down Mokou so Shiku can train with her. Until next time then."
>Then look to Neneru with a smile. "But first, we have to visit that lake, like you wanted. I keep my word after all."
>Let's bow politely, and depart for the lake!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
>Nod. "Of course. We all have things to be attended to after all. I need to go track down Mokou so Shiku can train with her. Until next time then."
>Then look to Neneru with a smile. "But first, we have to visit that lake, like you wanted. I keep my word after all."
>Let's bow politely, and depart for the lake!

You bow politely, and exit the Scarlet Devil Mansion without further problems. Before you even reach the lake, Neneru dashes off into the lake, jumping right in without hesitation. Shiku laughs as Neneru charges in.

"She always did like water for some reason. I never understood it myself, but Neneru just loves to swim and play in rivers, lakes, everything really."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
>Nod. "I have heard that some of the Great Cats are fond of water. Perhaps her youkai type is one of them?"
>Let's watch carefully from the shore.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
>Nod. "I have heard that some of the Great Cats are fond of water. Perhaps her youkai type is one of them?"

Shiku gives you an odd look. "The great Cats? What exactly do you mean?"

>Let's watch carefully from the shore.

Neneru sure seems to be having fun. although Kaki has contented herself with lying down on the beach next to the water. A few fairies are drifting around Neneru, but she seems to be ignoring them.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
>"Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Panthers. Those cats. They are among the largest of the feline race, being regarded as the 'Great Cats'."
>Let's keep an eye on those fairies. They might be good training for her anyhow.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
>"Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Panthers. Those cats. They are among the largest of the feline race, being regarded as the 'Great Cats'."

"Ah... I'll admit I don't keep up on the whole animals thing much. You could maybe ask Neneru, but I doubt she'd know just what she is either."

>Let's keep an eye on those fairies. They might be good training for her anyhow.

Neneru seems to be blissfully enjoying the water for a bit longer, but then she suddenly capsizes as her feet rise to the surface - trapped in ice. Her head surfaces, and she seems to be shouting, although all you can hear is "Wha-wha-wha-wha-wha!?" A couple of seconds later, a fairy bursts out of the water with six crystal blue wings. It's obvious just who it is. She is also shouting.

"This is my lake! I dunno who you are, but you picked a bad day to mess with the strongest!"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »
>Get in there.
>"Release her. Now."