Author Topic: Konngara Quest  (Read 99133 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Konngara Quest
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:01:39 AM »

> Your name is Konngara.
> You are one of the four Devas of the Mountain, and have been around since before Gensokyo was even a named place. For hundreds of years, oni, and humans fought to gain and maintain control over what is now Youkai Mountain. Eventually, a political marriage between you and one of the leading humans was arranged to smooth over relations between them. This turned out to be a trick: with one less leader around, the humans could easily pick off the exhausted oni forces.
> You abandoned the lineage you had started on the surface, and went Underground with the oni who remained. You have all stayed there for hundreds of years, not knowing what was happening miles above. One of your descendants came down just to beat you up at some point, but until Suika went to the surface, nothing. You can count the times you've been to the surface over the past decade on one hand. You are absolutely out of touch with kids these days, so much that you still use lethal danmaku and not spellcards.
> These days, you and Yuugi are letting Former Hell run on its own, mostly. It is peaceful enough that you do not need to be around to watch over your people all the time. And, to be honest, you're just really tired. You're like, a thousand years old, and want to take a nap.

> You are currently in your shrine, located a ways away from the Ancient City. You've just awoken from one of those aforementioned naps, and are sitting on your futon. In the other room, you hear the clacking of your pet's talons on the hardwood floor.
> Kikuri, Hell's Moon, bathes the cavern in a coppery glow. What will you do?

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Konngara Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:11:43 AM »
>Look around the area, what sort of things do we have in here?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 12:22:13 AM »
>Look around the area, what sort of things do we have in here?

> You look around your room. There is your closet door to the right, and next to THAT is your vanity, and a small stool. Your hairbrush and makeup have been overtaken by several small, vinyl figures with big heads and big eyes. They're called pops, apparently, but you don't know what they have to do with soda.
> On the other side of your room is coffee table repurposed as a desk. Several slabs of copper and metalworking materials, including etching files and bottles of acid, are here. You really ought to do your work outside, but it's easiest to focus in your room. An old rusted fan is plugged into the wall to circulate the air.
> Something is scratching at your door.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:59:54 AM »
>Quests
>Inventory
>Daily responsibilities?
>Let's check the door.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
>Quests
>Inventory
>Daily responsibilities?
>Let's check the door.

> Quests:

> Deliver copper disks to Yuugi.
     > You have finished some coins, and they are ready to be added to the circulation. You just need to deliver them to Yuugi.
> Visit the Palace of the Earth Spirits.
     > You have to pick up some supplies from there.
> Visit the Hakurei Shrine.
     > You haven't been to the surface in a long time. It wouldn't hurt to see what's going on up there, and maybe visit the hot springs.

> Daily responsibilities:

> Clean shrine.
     > The Silent Shrine technically belongs to Kikuri. In exchange for board, you are in charge of upkeep and checking for donations. You also have a primitive vending machine for fortunes. You can't be here all the time!
> Patrol city.
     > You and Yuugi have the city divided between the two of you: she watches the half near the surface tunnel, and you watch the area near the Palace of the Earth Spirits. Your biggest priorities are making sure the granaries, distilleries, and wine cellars are okay. You also make sure the animals at the Palace aren't overstepping their boundaries. Sometimes, you end the day by literally herding cats.

> Inventory:

> Red hakama, kimono, & mountaineering boots
     > Your clothes. Ideal for the cold Underground.
> Sword
     > Your weapon of choice. It is long, broad, and heavy even by oni standards. You've had this for most of your life.
> Leather rucksack
     > Carries up to twelve additional items. You don't really trust hammerspace inventories...Not after the stories you've heard.
> Chicken feed
     > A small satchet of grains suitable for chickens.

> You slide the door open, and a bright red hen struts into your room. Though her coloration is mottled in some places, she is very much a red chicken. Unnaturally so. You still haven't named her.
> The hen sits her feathery butt on your pillow and clucks.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 02:37:47 AM »
>Pet the hen!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 02:43:16 AM »
>Pet the hen!

> You lean down and pet the hen. She doesn't lean into your touch like a cat or dog, but you'd like to think she is enjoying herself. Poor thing...If you had left her alone, she would've been eaten or starved to death. The Komeijis may not be popular, but you can at least relate to their love for animals.
> The hen turns around and rubs her beak against your hand. Aww.

> _

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 03:39:52 AM »
>The hen's probably hungry. Give it some of our feed.
>Have we visited Kikuri in a while?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 03:40:59 AM »
> Check sword. Does it need to be sharpened/trued?
> Do we happen to know the exchange rate between Hell!coins and Surface World!coins?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 03:51:48 AM »
>The hen's probably hungry. Give it some of our feed.
>Have we visited Kikuri in a while?

> You pour some feed into your hand, and offer it to the hen. She shoves her little chicken face into your palm and gobbles up the noms.
> You visited Kikuri a couple of days ago. She seemed fine, albeit quieter than usual.

> Check sword. Does it need to be sharpened/trued?
> Do we happen to know the exchange rate between Hell!coins and Surface World!coins?

> You check your sword. It could use some refinement, and the seams on the sheath look like they're coming out. You can't believe it's lasted this long...
> Oh, god. What a nightmare. One of your coins is worth a jug of beer, which is worth a bag of rice on the surface. A bag of rice on the surface costs 500G, but what would one coin be worth...?

> _

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 04:20:11 AM »
> Can we add "Repair Sword" to the to-do list? You never know if we'll need to cut something (or someone, but that depends on the situation).

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »
> Can we add "Repair Sword" to the to-do list? You never know if we'll need to cut something (or someone, but that depends on the situation).

> Quest Added: Repair Sword.
     > It ain't broken, but it still needs maintenance. This thing is older than you are.

> _

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 03:13:53 PM »
>Leave shrine interior to examine exterior. And also check the fortune machine for dosh.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 10:47:40 PM »
>Leave shrine interior to examine exterior. And also check the fortune machine for dosh.

> You exit the shrine and step outside. The cavern air is crisp with autumn chill. You like to think it is, even though you are very far from the sky. The hen stays in your room.
> Your shrine faces what you think is west.
> To the south is the Ancient City (including the Palace), which takes about twenty minutes to get to on foot. You can halve that time by flying really fast.
> To the north is the entrance to a series of caves that leads to Hell. It would take several days on foot or by flying to get through them all, or you could purchase a ferry ticket.
> To the west, Kikuri is floating near the ceiling in the moon. A one way trip that high takes half an hour, if you take the trail along the side of the wall.
> To the east are the scorched plains. They go on for a long time. There are more caves in that direction that lead to the deepest parts of Former Hell. There are a lot of vengeful spirits in that direction.

> You know what, while you're at it, you're going to check the vending machine.
> ...
> You've obtained x1 Hellcoin, and 230G. The former isn't one of the ones you crafted. The latter, you assume, is from passing ghosts. They really ought to save that for the ferry...

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 11:23:58 PM »
>Can we trust that chicken alone here, or can we expect to come back to everything in tatters if we leave her?
>Take a walk around the shrine, just to be sure there's no one passed out drunk around. Can't be too sure near the Ancient City.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 12:11:51 AM »
>Can we trust that chicken alone here, or can we expect to come back to everything in tatters if we leave her?
>Take a walk around the shrine, just to be sure there's no one passed out drunk around. Can't be too sure near the Ancient City.

> The shrine is fortified, so nothing can come in and get the chicken. You have not had the chicken long enough to know what she'll do if you leave her alone, though. If you put her in a room with some feed, newspapers, and something to sleep on, she should be fine...?
> You walk the perimeter of the shrine. There are some dusty footsteps and wagon wheels on the path leading away from your shrine, and towards the northern caves. No passed out drunk people are around.

> _

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 02:47:24 AM »
> Let's see about cleaning up a bit before we head out.
> If we have the materials to do so, let's make a little nest for our hen friend so she won't be uncomfortable.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »
> Let's see about cleaning up a bit before we head out.
> If we have the materials to do so, let's make a little nest for our hen friend so she won't be uncomfortable.

> You head back inside so you can get ready.
> You fold your futon up and put it back in the closet. Some old dish towels should work for a nest...you think. You gather them up from the kitchen and arrange them to make a little bed for the hen. Ever the bird-brain, she is ignoring you and pecking at the floor.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
>Smile at the silly little bird.
>Let's gather up that copper, and head toward the Ancient City; should be easy enough to give Yuugi her stuff, then get what we need from the Palace in a round trip.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »
>Smile at the silly little bird.
>Let's gather up that copper, and head toward the Ancient City; should be easy enough to give Yuugi her stuff, then get what we need from the Palace in a round trip.

> Silly little chicken. Wonder what she thinks about?

> Obtained: x10 Copper Disks

> You tighten your bootstrap,s and leave for the city. The flight is boring, but you survive.
> Even the outskirts of the city are big, with buildings seemingly stacked atop each other. It is a testament to the craftsmanship of the oni, that they would find a way to conserve space. You enter the crowds, unnoticed and untouched as if you were a ghost. Being as quiet as you are makes it easy to get from one place to another without being seen.
> A clock affixed onto a nearby building indicates that it is midday. Although Yuugi does not have a specific routine, she is frequently near the bridge, the southwest taverns, or the central part of the city. You could also ask someone if they've seen her, as a last resort if you can't find her.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 01:09:10 AM »
>How do we get along with the bridge troll?
>Let's go for whichever is closest.

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 03:31:19 AM »
>Are there smaller denominations of hellcoins?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
>How do we get along with the bridge troll?
>Let's go for whichever is closest.

> Not well. She's ill-tempered, and you've just never gotten to know her. She is technically an incident-solver and stronger than she looks, so she's worthy of respect, but still...It's like your personalities don't properly mesh.
> Speaking of the bridge, that's closest to your current location, so off you go. A few people have noticed you by this point, and greet you as you go by. When you reach the bridge, more than just oni are among the crowds: this is close to where the tsuchigumo and whatnot live, after all. A lot of them are clustered at the bridge, repairing its damaged underbelly. There are still pieces of debris floating away down the river, soon to be lost forever in the cave rivers...lakes...whatever is further underground than this.
> Mizuhashi Parsee herself is leading the construction, while yelling at the others to be careful and if she sees even a board out of place when they're done so help them all--
> If you wanted to cross the bridge, you could easily sneak by or just fly over her. Or, you could talk to Yuugi, who is standing off to the side and holding a bucket. She's talking to an important-looking kitsune, who you feel like you should recognize.

>Are there smaller denominations of hellcoins?

> That's what Yuugi does. It's ironic because she's even bigger than you are.

> _

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »
> Who generally resolves Incidents in the Underground anyway?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »
>What happened to the bridge?
>Make our way toward Yuugi.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 03:41:48 AM »
> Who generally resolves Incidents in the Underground anyway?

> You or Yuugi, if it gets out of hand. Otherwise, it's a 'you spilled it you have to clean it up' sort of deal.

>What happened to the bridge?
>Make our way toward Yuugi.

> You're no architect, but it looks like the...arches? The bottom part, that goes into the water, a lot of those are splintered up and broken. Without proper base support, the whole thing would collapse. You don't know what caused it, because you just found out about this.
> You approach Yuugi. She finally notices you, and gives you a big smile.
> "Hey! I was wondering where you were," she calls out. As you get closer, you notice that the bucket is actually a tsurube-otoshi. "Are you like, super busy right now?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 05:11:31 AM »
>"Not...super busy."
>Fish out the coins and offer them.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 10:52:16 PM »
>"Not...super busy."
>Fish out the coins and offer them.

> "Great! Oh, thanks." Yuugi takes the discs from you.

> Quest Completed! Deliver cooper disks to Yuugi.

> "I know this isn't really your thing, but we think this tsurube-otoshi knows what happened with the bridge." Yuugi tilts the bucket towards you. The green-haired little gremlin hisses and recoils from the sight of you. Rude! "But Parsee got really mad and freaked her out. Now she's not talkin'. Got any ideas?"
> "I already tried talking to her, and it didn't work," says the kitsune. "I'm not sure what else we could do."
> "We beat 'er up!"
> "No!"

> Do you want to get involved in this?

> _

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 04:44:42 AM »
> I don't see why not. The bridge is pretty important.
> How good is our CHA stat?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:35 AM »
>Contemplate the bucket monster. How banged up is she? Is there anything that suggests stuff done to her outside of trying to get her to talk? Any danmaku damage?