Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224809 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: May 20, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
> "Oh yeah, Lancer said they haven't seen any sign of Assassin, either..."
> "I wish we had at least gotten a look at the master. There isn't really any way to hunt him down."
> Check the news.

>"I don't know if that one or Berserker worries me worse," says Archer.
>You check the news. ...Oh dear. A suspect for Koch's murder has been found and arrested, one Martin Kwang Sun, who is apparently the grandson of North Korean refugees.  It seems he was seen near the area at the time and most certainly not a resident. More restrained sources report that he was passing through there after work and stopped to go shopping, and took a walk. Less restrained sources loudly declare he's a North Korean sleeper agent and should be given the chair at once. Friends of his have publically vouched for him, largely to be met with detached skepticism to calls for them to follow him into prison. Apparently they are planning a protest rally at the holding center, and many are predicted doom and gloom. As far as the White House is concerned, it seems to be taken for gospel that Martin is guilty and also in the employ of the North Korean Government, leading to a series of quickly sent and badly spelled tweets demanding that North Korea surrender immediately "or else". Apparently screenshots of a deleted version of the "or else" tweet are a lot more profane. The official response from the North Korean Government has been, "Please give him a trial first."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #991 on: May 20, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
> Scroll through it. "Oh no. Oh noooo..."
> "Hey Archer, they arrested someone for Koch's murder and they think he was acting on behalf of a foreign government. This is gonna escalate really quickly."
> "I gotta think of a way to clear his name without giving myself away..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: May 20, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »
> Scroll through it. "Oh no. Oh noooo..."
> "Hey Archer, they arrested someone for Koch's murder and they think he was acting on behalf of a foreign government. This is gonna escalate really quickly."
> "I gotta think of a way to clear his name without giving myself away..."

>"...Well," Archer says. "...Um."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #993 on: May 20, 2018, 06:58:21 PM »
> "Maybe I could buy a burner phone to call it in, and...wait, no, they know my voice from the 911 call...agh, man, that was a bad idea, why did I do that?"
> "I've gotta do something, I'm the only one that saw it happen!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: May 20, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
> "Maybe I could buy a burner phone to call it in, and...wait, no, they know my voice from the 911 call...agh, man, that was a bad idea, why did I do that?"
> "I've gotta do something, I'm the only one that saw it happen!"

>"It was a pretty good idea at the time," Archer says.
>"Is there any way you could make them believe anything?" Archer says. "I mean, best case scenario is that they do, and then the Mage Association sends every assassin they have after you, right?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #995 on: May 20, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
> "No, no, no, I won't tell them about the Grail War or anything, I'll just...say I saw a different guy with Assassin's description do it."
> "And it's not like the police are going to capture Assassin, so that should be the end of it, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: May 20, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »
> "No, no, no, I won't tell them about the Grail War or anything, I'll just...say I saw a different guy with Assassin's description do it."
> "And it's not like the police are going to capture Assassin, so that should be the end of it, right?"

>"They'd probably either think your lying to save their guy," says Archer. "Or they'd think you're lying because you ran about a thousand miles away."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #997 on: May 20, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »
> "Arrrgh...yeah, you're right. It's being caused by Assassin's phantasm, so it'll probably go wrong no matter what."
> "We have to kill him to stop it, but there just isn't any way to do that if all he wants to do is wait it out."
> "It's like the master is getting his wish without even having to win. I hate it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »
> "Arrrgh...yeah, you're right. It's being caused by Assassin's phantasm, so it'll probably go wrong no matter what."
> "We have to kill him to stop it, but there just isn't any way to do that if all he wants to do is wait it out."
> "It's like the master is getting his wish without even having to win. I hate it."

>"If I catch wind of him, I'll be sure to drop everything and put an arrow through his head," Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #999 on: May 20, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »
> "Much appreciated."
> Plop down and have a seat.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: May 21, 2018, 12:17:46 AM »
> "Much appreciated."
> Plop down and have a seat.

>"Wait, I understand now," Archer says. "It's you. You're Assassin! Hold still, I got my knife right here..."