Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 13 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 216935 times)

Re: Sakuya Quest 13 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #900 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »
>"...So she didn't even care about her love for you, she was just there to study your pet, how appropriate for a Lunarian."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #901 on: November 22, 2017, 07:09:07 AM »
>"...So she didn't even care about her love for you, she was just there to study your pet, how appropriate for a Lunarian."

>Her frown becomes a grimace, as she regards you with narrowed eyes.

>_

« Reply #902 on: November 22, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
//Where did Kilg go?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #903 on: November 22, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »
I haven't had any idea what to say anymore, he's probably similar >_> HOWEVER, you've actually managed to find something that looks really helpful, if we can apply it properly. Although you probably didn't do much but piss her off with that last comment, you might have found our way out.

Okay, I'll try my hand here >_> I suppose ease off for a moment and then return to trying to prod at her about her problems?? End goal would probably be trying to suggest changing the past to avoid her messy breakup?

>"The last few days have been quite stressful, but that was a bit much, and I apologize." Frown. "I could hardly be described as good with matters of love, myself. Although I doubt you wish to hear about my own love problems at the moment."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #904 on: November 22, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
>"The last few days have been quite stressful, but that was a bit much, and I apologize." Frown. "I could hardly be described as good with matters of love, myself. Although I doubt you wish to hear about my own love problems at the moment."

>"Well, it won't mean much in a few moments," says Kaguya.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #905 on: November 24, 2017, 01:54:39 AM »
thanksgiving is delicious
also yeah I guess now isn't a good time to try to deflect to smalltalk for a moment

I feel like it'd sound desperate to go "hey maybe I can fix your relationship by changing the past" but at the same time I dunno what else I'd do except try to make her look the other way and throw a Real Knife at her back
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #906 on: November 24, 2017, 05:44:30 AM »
I feel like it'd sound desperate to go "hey maybe I can fix your relationship by changing the past"
Not if we convince her that would be the best for her (And not blindly insulting her for no reason). I'm starting to think that all of this is just born from her nasty break up. Also remember that Sakuya has had some experience with messy relationships too.

I'll think of something tomorrow. There are things i'm currently caught in today.

« Reply #907 on: November 24, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »
>"Still, i wonder what could've led such a long lasting couple to such a break up."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #908 on: November 24, 2017, 10:32:36 PM »
>"Still, i wonder what could've led such a long lasting couple to such a break up."

>"I already told you, and I also told you that we're done talking about this," Kaguya says.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #909 on: November 25, 2017, 04:22:47 AM »
yeah she's still pretty pissed. let's just go for it, feels a little late to try and resume sympathetic prodding

>"It's just that it feels like this is the real reason we're both here right now, doing this. Normally it'd be none of my business, but given your plans, I simply can't ignore it. Of course, I'm sure you're thinking there's nothing I could possibly do about it... but, I can change the past. I already have, in many ways. This is, after all, my second trip to the future."
>Groan. "I wouldn't recommend it if you ever have the chance to time travel yourself, it's quite disorienting having two different sets of memories about the same events."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:24:47 AM by Serela »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #910 on: November 25, 2017, 06:11:55 AM »
>"It's just that it feels like this is the real reason we're both here right now, doing this. Normally it'd be none of my business, but given your plans, I simply can't ignore it. Of course, I'm sure you're thinking there's nothing I could possibly do about it... but, I can change the past. I already have, in many ways. This is, after all, my second trip to the future."
>Groan. "I wouldn't recommend it if you ever have the chance to time travel yourself, it's quite disorienting having two different sets of memories about the same events."

>"If it were just her, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but it's everything," says Kaguya. "Did you forget everything I told you about the capital itself?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #911 on: November 25, 2017, 02:58:36 PM »
>"I hoped Eirin was the real root of the problem, but it seems that was a little optimistic." Frown. "I thought that perhaps, if your time on Earth was better, you wouldn't be as angry at the capital for invalidating the reason you left."
>"After all, I'm not sure I could possibly change the past in a way to stop the Lunar Capital from changing the way it has... or if I would even want to. If they were willing to admit they were wrong and try to amend their mistakes, fix their ways, it's difficult for me to see it as a bad thing. But I know it's different for you, who sacrificed so much to get away from what you thought would never change."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #912 on: November 25, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
>"I hoped Eirin was the real root of the problem, but it seems that was a little optimistic." Frown. "I thought that perhaps, if your time on Earth was better, you wouldn't be as angry at the capital for invalidating the reason you left."
>"After all, I'm not sure I could possibly change the past in a way to stop the Lunar Capital from changing the way it has... or if I would even want to. If they were willing to admit they were wrong and try to amend their mistakes, fix their ways, it's difficult for me to see it as a bad thing. But I know it's different for you, who sacrificed so much to get away from what you thought would never change."

>"She knew that, too, better than anyone... I could almost understand that Fujiwara, what would she know?" says Kaguya.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #913 on: November 26, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »
I can get Kaguya going, the problem is I don't know what to do after >_>

>"Hmm? What about Mokou, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #914 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:51 PM »
>"Hmm? What about Mokou, now?"

>"I told you before," Kaguya says.

>_

« Reply #915 on: November 26, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »
>"I assume your implying the lost of your rivalry with that phoenix-like immortal was another factor that led to the state you are currently in. Very curious, any other person would've been happy to have their nemesis gone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #916 on: November 27, 2017, 01:42:50 AM »
>"I assume your implying the lost of your rivalry with that phoenix-like immortal was another factor that led to the state you are currently in. Very curious, any other person would've been happy to have their nemesis gone."

>"Mokou was never a rival, simply a competitor," says Kaguya.

>_

« Reply #917 on: November 27, 2017, 07:13:24 PM »
>"What were you two even competing over?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #918 on: November 27, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
>"What were you two even competing over?"

>"Well, I don't know about her, but I enjoyed having an opponent that wouldn't wither anyway anytime soon. ...Or did, rather..."

>_

« Reply #919 on: November 28, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »
>"I see, it's the presence of eternal adversity to keep you occupated for centures on end that you used to relive boredom. A shame then, that you'll never get that again once all of time has stopped."

>Now that we think about it, what happened when encountered her during the eternal night incident?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #920 on: November 29, 2017, 03:39:37 AM »
>"I see, it's the presence of eternal adversity to keep you occupated for centures on end that you used to relive boredom. A shame then, that you'll never get that again once all of time has stopped."

>Now that we think about it, what happened when encountered her during the eternal night incident?

>She chuckles. "It's much too late for that. She's been gone for many centuries. I don't even remember what she looks like, anymore."
>You fought her, and set things right. What followed next is honestly a little blurry, but it ended with Remilia's resolution to visit the moon.

>_

« Reply #921 on: December 01, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »
>"I think you underestamite how truly relevant she is to all of this, princess."
>What was the actual fight like?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #922 on: December 01, 2017, 08:41:52 PM »
>"I think you underestamite how truly relevant she is to all of this, princess."
>What was the actual fight like?

>She just smirks a little in response.
>Pretty hectic. Worse than this, for certain, but you also could draw upon all your tools more easily then. If nothing else, you don't think her technique and maneuverability has rusted.

>_

« Reply #923 on: December 02, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
Writing speeches is hard. But, the idea I have is to pointing out that Kaguya's plan is kinda also a attempt to return to how her life was back when she lived with Eirin and Mokou in a way, as she enjoyed the eternal companionship they bought, without any form of change foreseeable, but by destroying the watch she's throwing away the last chance she can get to truely return to that time. Probably not a great idea, but it's an idea. Asking for thoughts from anyone who's actually still playing at this point. That's pretty much all I have in terms of diplomacy right.

>How is the room lit?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:31:57 PM by the old guy »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #924 on: December 03, 2017, 02:59:19 AM »
>Lit is kind of relative, given the frozen time. Some of it comes from the candle that Kaguya was holding, much of it now comes from the widespread danmaku.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #925 on: December 03, 2017, 06:33:05 PM »
Writing speeches is hard. But, the idea I have is to pointing out that Kaguya's plan is kinda also a attempt to return to how her life was back when she lived with Eirin and Mokou in a way, as she enjoyed the eternal companionship they bought, without any form of change foreseeable, but by destroying the watch she's throwing away the last chance she can get to truely return to that time. Probably not a great idea, but it's an idea. Asking for thoughts to anyone who's actually still playing at this point. That's pretty much all I have in terms of diplomacy right.
Well, she's not destroying the watch, so much as destroying time. She needs the watch to even do this, after all. I dunno, the problem is mostly that she doesn't believe we can really fix her life even if we go back and change things. We've already suggested a few times that we could try to go back and fix stuff, but she'd say "Well, maybe if that was the only thing, but it's not only that...".

At the same time, I really don't have any better ideas. Other than continuing to sympathize with her, lead into going in for a hug, and then stabbing her. >_>

« Reply #926 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
......Honestly, that might work, but I do have another idea.

>Do we recall if it's possible at all for her to be affected by our time abilties, like say if she stopped time before she did?

>How exactly would the watch work for someone who isn't us or Kaguya? How could they use it's power?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #927 on: December 04, 2017, 08:04:15 PM »
Sorry, I've been fresh out of ideas for this for a while, which is why I vanished. I'll take a look at things within the next couple of days to see if I have any epiphanies.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #928 on: December 04, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »
>Do we recall if it's possible at all for her to be affected by our time abilties, like say if she stopped time before she did?

>How exactly would the watch work for someone who isn't us or Kaguya? How could they use it's power?

>She should be? She was before, at least.
>You aren't certain. You don't think it should work for anyone who doesn't already have the talent. So either Kaguya does as well, or she simply knows how to use it better.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #929 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:59 AM »
Luring Kaguya into unfreezing time again and then stopping it ourselves did occur to me as a novel, potentially wondrous idea. I was at work and forgot it before I got home, though, hence never mentioning it :V Need to keep in mind we'd be drained before the stop even started, so we wouldn't have long, but since we don't exactly need to obey spellcard rules... it might work anyway.