Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest - The Final Chapter [COMPLETE]  (Read 35248 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Wind Priestess Quest - The Final Chapter
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
"Even if it does end up only being something positive for those involved, this isn't a decision you can just make on your own without even talking about it with someone important from Gensokyo."
>"Don't you dare tell me what I can and cannot do!" Yumemi snarls, "Do you even know how long it would take to gain consent from all the realms and parallel universes that will be involved?! Besides, more then half of them will probably ridicule me for even asking that. And I've had just about enough ridicule in my life, thank you very much!"

>Dodge Chiyuri's danmaku.
>You effortlessly dodge Chiyuri's danmaku. Each shot impacts a wall with a small explosion of energy. A few hit some of the consoles.
>"Chiyuri, you halfwit! Will you watch where you're shooting!?!" Yumemi exclaims, "I will personally wring your neck if you damage any vital systems."
>Yumemi fires the gun again, missing once more, "Damn it! Hold still!"
>Yumemi tosses out several small, sphere-like objects. Energy begins to arc from them as they fly.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 06:54:23 PM »
>"This is your last warning. Stop, or I'll stop you by force."
>Find and head for a clear spot far from the orbs.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:25 PM »
>"This is your last warning. Stop, or I'll stop you by force."
>"I will not stop!" Yumemi yells, "This is my greatest creation, as well as my salvation. And I'd rather die then let it be ruined by the likes of you!"
>Find and head for a clear spot far from the orbs.
>You spot a location far from the orbs and head there. The orbs all stop in midair, and each explodes into a cross-shaped burst of energy. Luckily, you seem to be out of range.
>"Hey, it would be nice if the other me could help!" says Chiyuri Prime, "You know... since she's the only one of us with natural magic?"
>"Yeah... I'll pass... she looks like a shrine maiden to me... and if there's one thing I know about Gensokyo, you don't mess with shrine maidens..." replies the other Chiyuri.
>"You coward!"

>Yumemi fires the gun once more. This time you feel a hot, searing pain in your right leg. You've been hit!
>It's taking all your effort to NOT collapse on the ground in pain right now.
>"Now stop this madness..." says Yumemi, "Don't make me shoot you again..."
>_
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:44:07 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:28 PM »
>"If you really think that this is worth your life, then I give up. I'll stop this madness now."
>Declare Spellcard: "Sea Opening, Moses's Miracle" and aim for the giant machine.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »
>"If you really think that this is worth your life, then I give up. I'll stop this madness now."
>Declare Spellcard: "Sea Opening, Moses's Miracle" and aim for the giant machine.
>You declare your spellcard!
>Both Chiyuris were unfortunate enough to take direct hits from the walls of lasers. Yumemi seems to have been taken by surprise, as she nearly dropped the gun. You fire your spreads of blade-shaped danmaku directly at M.E.R.L.I.N, which takes catastrophic damage from your assault. Yumemi drops the gun as an explosion fills the room behind her.

>Yumemi turns around as your spellcard times out. You hear her muttering to herself. Listening closely, it sounds like "No no no no no no...."
>Yumemi drops to her knees, staring at the wreck of her creation...
>"Ugh... P-professor?" asks C.P. on the ground from the laser strike, "You... You can just build another... Right?"
>Several seconds of silence pass, before Yumemi quickly grabs the gun from the floor. Time seems to slow as you realize that she's starting to aim it at her head.
>"PROFESSOR!" Chiyuri Prime calls out.

>Your leg is throbbing with pain.
>_
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:16:52 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
>Fire the fastest form of danmaku we have at Yumemi in hopes of stopping her.
>Better/Safer Idea: Use a moderate miracle to wind up a strong gust in hopes of knocking Yumemi and or her gun over.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 10:41:54 PM »
>Fire the fastest form of danmaku we have at Yumemi in hopes of stopping her.
>You fire a fast bolt of danmaku at Yumemi, striking her in the back. Unfortunately, that causes her muscles to tense and pull the trigger, blowing her brains out. That stunt accomplished nothing.

>Better/Safer Idea: Use a moderate miracle to wind up a strong gust in hopes of knocking Yumemi and or her gun over.
>You use a moderate miracle to generate a spontaneous wind that knocks Yumemi forward and flings the gun across the room.
>Faith: 220
>>You have enough faith to perform up to 2 moderate miracles, or up to 11 small miracles.

>Yumemi gets up, and starts to run for the gun!
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »
>Fly in and tackle Yumemi down.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »
>Fly in and tackle Yumemi down.
>You give Yumemi a flying tackle, pinning her underneath you.

>"No! Let me do it! Let me do it, damn it!" Yumemi yells as she struggles, "Please... Just..." Yumemi stops struggling and erupts into tears,
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 11:08:10 PM »
>"Have you thought of any of the after effects of what you could've done? If you bring something like magic into a place that didn't have it before, there's going to be a power struggle for it and inevitably, wars. You probably would've ended up indirectly killing a countless number of people. Does recognition matter that much?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 11:17:57 PM »
>"Have you thought of any of the after effects of what you could've done? If you bring something like magic into a place that didn't have it before, there's going to be a power struggle for it and inevitably, wars. You probably would've ended up indirectly killing a countless number of people. Does recognition matter that much?"
>"You wouldn't understand..." Yumemi says between sobs, "I- I lost everything because I didn't get the recognition I deserved.... Years ago... I found evidence that hinted that magic had once actually existed in my world, but it died out... I attempted to re-create it, but I couldn't emulate it completely without data... So I built the hypervessel... took my assistant, Chiyuri... And we... we.. found Gensokyo in a universe parallel to ours... I was ecstatic, we had found real magic... I gathered data... then left.... I presented a paper with my findings, showing the undeniable proof of magic? And do you know what that got me? ...I was laughed out of the scientific community! My face was on every magazine as the biggest laughingstock known to science! I lost my job and was kicked out of the university! This was my ONLY chance to show everybody that I was right... to get what I deserved... and you... you..."

>Yumemi bursts into tears again.
>_
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:19:34 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »
>"Don't you still have Chiyuri? Don't care about whoever doesn't believe you, care about those who do. If the previous incident back at Gensokyo had gone wrong, I would've lost my family, but no one would laugh at me. No, they would hate me and treat me like the worst trash on earth. I would've been fine though, because there would still be at least one person who still cared about me."
>"Though, it probably doesn't matter now. Time's likely up, and I'll be stuck in this stupid void until those orbs decide to let me go. I came here alone and in secret, so none of my friends or anyone even know I'm here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 12:32:05 AM »
>"Don't you still have Chiyuri? Don't care about whoever doesn't believe you, care about those who do. If the previous incident back at Gensokyo had gone wrong, I would've lost my family, but no one would laugh at me. No, they would hate me and treat me like the worst trash on earth. I would've been fine though, because there would still be at least one person who still cared about me."
>Yumemi sniffles, "Yeah... I guess I still have her... All this time she stuck by me..."
>"And don't think for one moment that I'll leave your side, Professor!" Chiyuri Prime exclaims, "Well... Unless I die..."
>"Ugh..." says the other Chiyuri, "Well, in case that happens, you'll have a backup, right?"
>"It won't be the same, idiot!"
>"Hey, I hope your realized that you just called yourself an idiot!"
>"BOTH OF YOU ARE IDIOTS!" Yumemi yells, "...But I don't mind that... You two are the only people I consider my friends..."

>"Though, it probably doesn't matter now. Time's likely up, and I'll be stuck in this stupid void until those orbs decide to let me go. I came here alone and in secret, so none of my friends or anyone even know I'm here."
>"Well... that's terrible... how much time did you have...?" Yumemi asks.
>Yumemi seems to have mostly calmed down now.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 12:53:40 AM »
>"Two hours since I woke up earlier. I was told to come alone though, so I had to take a detour in order to bring my friends to my shrine, then sneak out all the way back to get to here. I had about an hour left when I entered this 'probability hyper vessel' thing..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 12:56:39 AM »
>"Two hours since I woke up earlier. I was told to come alone though, so I had to take a detour in order to bring my friends to my shrine, then sneak out all the way back to get to here. I had about an hour left when I entered this 'probability hyper vessel' thing..."
>"Well in that case, you actually might have half an hour left..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »
>"I do!? I must've lost track of time somehow. That means I can get back before anyone starts to worry! I'm sorry for everything that's happened Yumemi. I wish I didn't have to destroy that, but...B-But I'm sure you can come up with inventions that are better than that for you, not for science. I mean, the Mimi-chan you gave Marisa a long time ago helped me stop the incident before anything serious happened, so thank you for creating them."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »
>"I do!? I must've lost track of time somehow. That means I can get back before anyone starts to worry! I'm sorry for everything that's happened Yumemi. I wish I didn't have to destroy that, but...B-But I'm sure you can come up with inventions that are better than that for you, not for science. I mean, the Mimi-chan you gave Marisa a long time ago helped me stop the incident before anything serious happened, so thank you for creating them."
>"You're welcome...?" says Yumemi, "Well then... you better leave... I guess..."
>"So, what are we going to do now, miss Okazaki?" asks the red Chiyuri, "The navigation console was busted in the fight... We're essentially stuck flying in the same direction..."
>"I don't know... We can just stay here..." says Yumemi, "It's not like we have anywhere else to go..."
>"But what about food rations?" asks Chiyuri Prime, "Aren't we running low?"
>"My strawberries should be ready to harvest soon..."
>"How long will those last us!?!"
>"I'm sure we can ration them and cycle through the stasis pods like we were doing with our current supplies..."
>"What about water?" asks the other Chiyuri.
>"Well, when we run out, we can just recycle it from our urine and breath..."
>"Eww...."
>"It's going to be purified..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 01:24:08 AM »
>Take flight for the exit.
>Try to ignore the pain in our leg for a little longer.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 01:33:55 AM »
>Take flight for the exit.
>Try to ignore the pain in our leg for a little longer.
>You get off of Yumemi and start flying towards the exit, blood dripping from your leg.
>Suddenly, a pipe falls partly out of the ceiling where M.E.R.L.I.N. was, a liquid comes out of it, that begins freezing the ground on contact.
>"Oh... that's not good..." Yumemi remarks.
>Red lights begin blaring in the room.
>A voice drones throughout the room, "WARNING: REACTOR COOLANT LEVELS DROPPING, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!"

>"Well I guess we're going down with the ship..." says the red Chiyuri.
>"Are you insane!?!" Yumemi exclaims.
>"Well... You did say we had nowhere else to go... And you did just try to kill yourself a minute ago... I really see no other option."
>"Oh... Right... You have a point there..."
>"Can't we just go with that girl? What was her name again?" asks Chiyuri Prime.
>"How would I know? She never gave me her name!" says Yumemi, "And no..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 01:47:20 AM »
>"It's Sanae, and what's stopping you from coming to Gensokyo?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:16 AM »
>"It's Sanae, and what's stopping you from coming to Gensokyo?"
>"Well, the other Chiyuri won't have a problem with it, considering she was born there... But Chiyuri Prime and I.... We won't really have a place there... We don't even have natural magic..."
>The sirens continue blaring.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 02:07:30 AM »
>"That's why you thought you couldn't come!? There's a human village now; where humans, mostly ones without powers at all, can live in safety. You two would fit right in, and there are even some people I would like you to meet."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 02:13:33 AM »
>"That's why you thought you couldn't come!? There's a human village now; where humans, mostly ones without powers at all, can live in safety. You two would fit right in, and there are even some people I would like you to meet."
>"We knew about the village.... It's just... We... well... I am an intellectual... I doubt you have many of those in the village... I don't think a woman of science would fit in in a place of magic... Besides, we'd probably make fools of ourselves trying to adapt to your world's customs... "
>The evacuation message repeats itself.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 02:19:42 AM »
>Show them our phone.
>"One of the people I'd like you to meet is someone who knows a lot about technology. Now LET'S GO!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 02:27:04 AM »
>Show them our phone.
>"One of the people I'd like you to meet is someone who knows a lot about technology. Now LET'S GO!"
>Yumemi looks surprised to see the cell phone.
>"...Oh, alright..." she says, "Let's get out of here..."
>"Let me grab my chair!" Chiyuri Prime exclaims.
>"You and that god damn folding chair!"
>"What? It's my favorite chair!"
>Chiyuri grabs the folding chair, Yumemi starts rushing towards the opposite door, "Don't follow me. I just need to grab something. I'll be out shortly. You three go!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 02:33:28 AM »
>Head for the exit again.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 02:42:33 AM »
>Head for the exit again.
>You head for the exit, blood still oozing from your injured leg. The Chiyuris are following you.
>You fly down the hall, past the stasis pod room, and back into the console room where you first met C.P.
>Yumemi emerges on the other side of the room, carrying a potted strawberry plant under each arm.
>"Really, Professor?" asks one of the Chiyuris, "And you got on me for the chair?"
>"What? They're my favorite... Anyway, let's stop wasting time and lets go!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 02:47:49 AM »
>"Wait, what about the Mimi-chans?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:26 AM »
>"Wait, what about the Mimi-chans?"
>"They're weapons, Sanae. They're programmed to die anyway..." Yumemi frowns, "Besides, how do you expect us to carry six missiles out of here? We just don't have time..."

>"WARNING: COOLANT LEVELS AT 20% AND DROPPING. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!" the voice drones.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 03:04:23 AM »
>"...Okay"
>Continue towards the hypervessel's exit